If you're gay, get ready, the GOP and Trump's cabinet are coming after you. Believe it!

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. “But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given.” (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)
First of all....servant and slave.....two drastically separate things. A servant is an individual who is paid and there of their own free will.

Second...this is what is known as a "parable". It is stating that if God gives you gifts - He expects you to develop those gifts and use them for His glory.

"Patriot" who never served, that's one out of a half dozen bible quotes I provided. The bible is very specific in its teaching on how to treat slaves.
Yeah...and it was 100% inaccurate. One wonders why you felt the need to add something so disingenuous? :dunno:

You're saying the Bible is inaccurate?
No - your claim that the Bible verse had anything to do with "slavery" is what was inaccurate.

Are you saying P@triot isn't a vet? That he never served his country? That's very sad if true, but it would explain a lot.
Nope - never enlisted in the U.S. military. Why is that "sad" exactly? And what exactly does that "explain"?
Are you a vet, P@triot? If you tried to serve but failed for medical reasons, I respect that. Many of my friends had a similar problem. About a third that I know "medical'd out" for one reason or another. High blood pressure, color-blindness, blew out a knee in training, etc. Not a problem with me. At least they tried. I respect those who answer the call even if circumstances prevent them from fulfilling their desires.
I answered the call that came to me. I was asked by many universities to come play football for them and earn a college degree. That was the call I answered. That was my calling. Uncle Sam never called me my dear. He didn't ask me to serve and had no need for me. The U.S. military was fully staffed.

And the saddest part? I've still be a million times the true patriot of you and SW combined. I actually respect, defend, and uphold the U.S. Constitution. While you people try to destroy it. Oh - and your pal SW there didn't serve either. Towing in Cali boaters who break down off the beach is hardly "serving". It's like calling a tow truck driver a "serviceman". :lol:

...And I'm not aware of Trump having an affair. ....
That's a very interesting confession, but the discussion was on adulterous elected officials and the hypocrisy of those who use the Bible to condemn homos but not their favorite adulterers.

Start off with Betsy DeVos:

Donald Trump’s education secretary could be justifiably quashed by the U.S. Senate. Her long public record indicates she is a religious Christian zealot who does not believe in the actual separation of church and state, wants public monies funneled into religious schools, and has contributed through family foundations to bigoted groups with a militant anti-gay agenda. During her confirmation hearing she gave disturbing answers to questions about her views of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, standardized tests, and school vouchers. She also suggested guns have a place in American schools, though her claim that they were necessary to defend students from grizzly bear attacks was not very compelling.

Watching her testimony was both hilarious and frightening. That the right wing could agree with her on guns in schools was just bizarre. She believes in conversion therapy and home school.

The bitch firmly believes in "Conversion Therapy". For anyone who doesn't know what that is, the concept was central to the film "A Clockwork Orange".

Trump Education Nominee Betsy DeVos Lied to the Senate

And of course, we know what Pence position is. In his state, he diverted money to help AIDS patients to invest in conversion therapy..

And they do all this evil going against our very constitution in the name of Christianity. Jesus would have a fit.

These are some nasty, dirty Christian Taliban. America had to take Trump's threat seriously. Right wingers are some dangerous people. Lucky his favorability rating is in the 30's. America may finally be getting it.

So the thread title is a complete fucking lie, followed by more Soros (foreign billionaire owner of the DNC) directed fake news....

Gee, what a surprise.

I answered the call that came to me. I was asked by many universities to come play football for them and earn a college degree. That was the call I answered. That was my calling. Uncle Sam never called me my dear. He didn't ask me to serve and had no need for me. The U.S. military was fully staffed.

And the saddest part? I've still be a million times the true patriot of you and SW combined. I actually respect, defend, and uphold the U.S. Constitution. While you people try to destroy it. Oh - and your pal SW there didn't serve either. Towing in Cali boaters who break down off the beach is hardly "serving". It's like calling a tow truck driver a "serviceman". :lol:
Are you saying God called you to serve yourself?

Yeah, I expected the answer about the military from you. Many hard-core "patriots" never volunteered to serve their country. OTOH, they are the first to wave the flag and volunteer our military to go attack someone!!!! If I search the forum, will I see you advocating military action against other nations, "Patriot"?

I am not talking about a statistical "normal" obviously. In this context I mean that most people accept them as part of the community, do not see their sexuality as the primary defining characteristic , and understand that they are much more like the rest of us then they are different.
First, not so obvious that's what you mean.

Second, I know the discussion gets convoluted when it get's heated and both sides become hypocritical assholes.

Third, my best advice is to teach, not dictate. Teaching means providing facts and verified sources of information to back up your opinions, not just get in pissing contest. Your call.

Example: Changing Attitudes on Gay Marriage
Based on polling in 2016, a majority of Americans (55%) support same-sex marriage, compared with 37% who oppose it. See the latest data on same-sex marriage...

...The increase in the share of adults who favor same-sex marriage is due in part to generational change. Younger generations express higher levels of support for same-sex marriage.

However, older generations also have become more supportive of same-sex marriage in the past decade.

Are you saying God called you to serve yourself?
No - I'm saying God has a purpose for us all. If He wanted me in the United States military, rest assured that's where I would've ended up. He had a different path for me.

If I search the forum, will I see you advocating military action against other nations, "Patriot"?
Depends on the nation and the situation. Against ISIS? Absolutely.

However, unlike your pro-muslim boy Obama, I vehemently opposed invading Egypt and ousting Mubarak and I vehemently opposed invading Libya and ousting Gaddafi.

Wonder how much you celebrated the unconstitutional wars in those nations???

...And I'm not aware of Trump having an affair. ....
That's a very interesting confession, but the discussion was on adulterous elected officials and the hypocrisy of those who use the Bible to condemn homos but not their favorite adulterers.
Who has done that? Show me a poster who opposes homosexuality on biblical principles but yet does not denounce an elected public officials adultery. You seem to be packed full of false narratives and completely devoid of facts and/or specifics.

Nope - never enlisted in the U.S. military. Why is that "sad" exactly?
Veterans and true patriots already know what I'm talking about. Trying to explain it to you would be just pissing in the wind as shown by your posts against those who served, much less those who served a career defending our Constitution.

I expect LWLs not to serve, but I do expect more of those who declare themselves better patriots than myself and other veterans.

All you've done here, sir, is prove yourself to be a liar, a braggart and a paper patriot.

Start off with Betsy DeVos:

Donald Trump’s education secretary could be justifiably quashed by the U.S. Senate. Her long public record indicates she is a religious Christian zealot who does not believe in the actual separation of church and state, wants public monies funneled into religious schools, and has contributed through family foundations to bigoted groups with a militant anti-gay agenda. During her confirmation hearing she gave disturbing answers to questions about her views of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, standardized tests, and school vouchers. She also suggested guns have a place in American schools, though her claim that they were necessary to defend students from grizzly bear attacks was not very compelling.

Watching her testimony was both hilarious and frightening. That the right wing could agree with her on guns in schools was just bizarre. She believes in conversion therapy and home school.

The bitch firmly believes in "Conversion Therapy". For anyone who doesn't know what that is, the concept was central to the film "A Clockwork Orange".

Trump Education Nominee Betsy DeVos Lied to the Senate

And of course, we know what Pence position is. In his state, he diverted money to help AIDS patients to invest in conversion therapy..

And they do all this evil going against our very constitution in the name of Christianity. Jesus would have a fit.

These are some nasty, dirty Christian Taliban. America had to take Trump's threat seriously. Right wingers are some dangerous people. Lucky his favorability rating is in the 30's. America may finally be getting it.

You think that's something wait till he brings back his old time KKK and starts murdering Blacks.

No need for that. Blacks are doing a fine job murdering blacks. Hell, the KKK would have to start a recruiting drive to out do those animals!

The KKK has retired after knoeing of all the black to black killings.

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. “But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given.” (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)
First of all....servant and slave.....two drastically separate things. A servant is an individual who is paid and there of their own free will.

Second...this is what is known as a "parable". It is stating that if God gives you gifts - He expects you to develop those gifts and use them for His glory.

"Patriot" who never served, that's one out of a half dozen bible quotes I provided. The bible is very specific in its teaching on how to treat slaves.
Yeah...and it was 100% inaccurate. One wonders why you felt the need to add something so disingenuous? :dunno:

No - your claim that the Bible verse had anything to do with "slavery" is what was inaccurate.

I gave you a number of them. The Bible teaches the "best" way to treat slaves.

I gave you a number of them. The Bible teaches the "best" way to treat slaves.
Just to be perfectly clear: The Old Testament teaches this just like it declares death as the penalty for homosexuality and adultery, among many other sins. Christ teaches a different message.

upload_2017-1-24_13-16-18.png

Forum List

Back