Illegals already cutting through Trump's multi billion $ wall...

...so let's throw billions and billions of dollars at a problem which will have absolutely no effect at all. I will say this again. I live 35 miles from the border and hundreds, if not thousands of Mexicans cross through the BP check point every day, and nobody knows if the return to Mexico or not.
Exactly. I live 7 miles from the busiest border crossing in the world where 100,000+ people cross per day. That's where illegal immigration is coming from and that's where our efforts should be focused. Not a stupid wall that can be cut with a $100 reciprocating saw or climbed with a rebar ladder and rope, or defeated in many other ways.

That's 4th grade level problem solving. We can do better.

REALLY?? Majority of illegal immigration is coming from day passes at an authorized border crossing? THat's a new story.. Call the WaPO and CBP....

If you are NOT on preapproved VISA or a day pass, you'll be processed under "amnesty"... And granted that's about 1/2 of the illegal volume.. But why would ANYONE with a winnable amnesty case choose to crash thru cartel thugs and smugglers and the desert to force their way in OUTSIDE of a legal border crossing?

That's the other 1/2 or more of the problem... And by logic and reason, it contains the folks with the MOST PROBLEMS that would prevent their applications at a CBP checkpoint...
Yes. The majority of illegal immigration comes from people over staying their visas. I don't have to tell WaPo, they already know. And so does Trump. It is not a new story for any but the stupidest of red state nutters.

For 7th Consecutive Year, Visa Overstays Exceeded Illegal Border Crossings

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immi...6ef970-65d7-11e9-82ba-fcfeff232e8f_story.html
Wrong, it's not the majority. It's about 40%. So you believe the wall is a failure if even one person gets past it, but your plan is a great success if 60% get past it.

You're a dumbass, of course.
The wall is a stupid grade school idea. The money could be spent on much better technology. 21st century technology.

But Trump wants it because he operates at a 4th grade education level and thinks his magic wall is fun and he can put his name on it. It is big and beautiful and wonderful. And his uneducated cult members want him to have it because they love him and what he wants is all that matters.

Nothing else makes a lick of sense.
Good fences make good neighbors. Look at what our neighbors with the run of the place do-drugs, guns, sex slaves, illegals by the millions, and now a massacre. We need a wall-TO START WITH! With more 21st century tech to follow.

And that was the original idea presented by law in 2006 that every President has worked with until the Orange Rump came along with his various carny side shows. Bush Jr. and Obama built, on the average, 74 miles of new construction each year. This does not take into consideration for repairs and upgrades. All that is built into the original 1.3 billion dollar fiscal allocation. It was known then that the security could only be reasonably done for abut 1000 miles of the nearly 2000 miles. To date, there is about 733 miles done of various degrees. In the last 3 years, there has been ZERO (let me repeat that) ZERO new construction done although it's been allocated.

You want the wall built yet you won't force Rump into actually doing the things to build it. And that also means getting the right of way to place the facilities on private land. And it doesn't take a wall, necessarily, to guard the border. If a land owner doesn't want that ungodly looking Bollard Wall, it can be done with a simple road, border patrols and electronic listening devices. It can be done with little or no intrusive presence. It's not being done.

Instead, you are caught up in the Carny Side Show that is designed just to separate the Rubes from the money. And it's done a pretty good job of that with your assistance.

I don't think you have read anything I've said.

Why, because I don't agree with everything you have said? I could say the same thing about you. But history is not one of your strong suits.

No it's because I never said I wanted the wall built. I argued the exact opposite.

I am in favor of "The Wall" in certain areas. But we can use other methods in areas the wall or a security fencing won't work including on private land. The Border does not need to be open. Nor does it need a massive "Wall" built the entire 2000 miles either. The problem here is, one says, NO WALL and the other side just screams "BUILD THE WALL". And anyone not towing the line of one group or the other is just a bad person and not an American. I spent 20 years about Military secure areas. If it's done properly, a painted yellow or red line can work as well as a massive 50 foot Concrete Wall.

Some of us argue "enforce our current laws".
Arrest the employers of illegal labor

Why, because I don't agree with everything you have said? I could say the same thing about you. But history is not one of your strong suits.

No it's because I never said I wanted the wall built. I argued the exact opposite.

I am in favor of "The Wall" in certain areas. But we can use other methods in areas the wall or a security fencing won't work including on private land. The Border does not need to be open. Nor does it need a massive "Wall" built the entire 2000 miles either. The problem here is, one says, NO WALL and the other side just screams "BUILD THE WALL". And anyone not towing the line of one group or the other is just a bad person and not an American. I spent 20 years about Military secure areas. If it's done properly, a painted yellow or red line can work as well as a massive 50 foot Concrete Wall.

We will not.

Well, let's see. You can cut a hole through it. You can tunnel under it. You can fly over it. You can boat around it, or you can ignore it all together, and just walk through the BP portal gate. In view of those facts, I would say that your $40 billion in taxes to build, and maybe a billion per year to maintain, will stop 5% of illegals.

Oh please. You seriously expect me to believe that it only stops 5% of illegals? Really? How many illegals have planes in the backyard, just waiting for when they decide to fly over the wall? How many have tunnel building experience, concrete, and digging machines to tunnel under the wall? How many do you see boating around it?

You are talking about cartels. Cartels could possibly have that much money and resources, but they are only going to do that with big ticket items that can recover the cost of resources they use. Namely drugs. The average immigrant isn't going to have enough money to make it worth a cartels time to tunnel under a wall.

Drugs do.

Most illegals are going to be stopped by a wall.

Remember the caravan? Did you see them hauling drilling machines in their caravan? No. Did you see them flying in planes? Of course not.

Ridiculous.

Andy, for Christ sake, have you ever flown in a plane? Did you have to buy one to do that? As for tunnels, did you have to dig the Eisenhower Tunnel in Denver in order to go through it. Jesus, guy use a little imagination.

I am baffled by this comment. I can't tell if you are mentally disabled, or are so partisan in your incompetence, that you actually believe what you are saying.

Drug smugglers are not going to start shuffling people through the tunnels. It's too risky. You lose that tunnel, and then you can't get your millions of dollars in drugs through.

Same with a plane. You are not going to fly 5 people in that tiny prop plane, who are going to give you $50 each in pesos, and risk losing the plane if you are caught, when you could be tossing $100,000 bags of drugs out to be picked up by someone already in the US, and flying back to Mexico before being caught.

We catch planes and tunnels routinely. How do you think you know about them enough to post about it here?
The open borders douchebags are just desperate to find any excuse to oppose building the wall.

our border isnt open you douchebag -

Overall, U.S. border authorities made 977,509 arrests during fiscal 2019, up 88 percent from last year and the highest total since 2007.

more than 52,000 migrants were taken into custody in September at U.S. ports of entry and between them, a decline of 18 percent from August.

no need for a wall -
The border would be open if you had your way. As it stands, Trump is unable to do what needs to be done to drop illegal crossings to zero.

Why is that the only solution that leftwing douchebags support?

Also from the above link:

"In addition to cutting through the walls, officials told the Post that smugglers have also repeatedly scaled and climbed over the walls with makeshift ladders, particularly in areas near San Diego."

I guess that, Mexicans have learned to use ladders. Who could have known?

Let me ask.... do you think more... or less... or the same number would be crossing if there was absolutely not border whatsoever?

No one anywhere suggested that the number of illegal crossing would end up zero with the wall.

The number of illegal crossings from East to West Germany was not zero during that time, and the Soviets were shooting to kill those who crossed.

People can advocate this all day BUT it's something we are never going to do so it's not a solution.

Great, so what is a solution?

I'm all open to new ideas, but you have to actually have one. Until then, a wall is most certainly better than nothing.

Enforce our employment laws. It's as simple as that. Putting a little more teeth into them might be nice also. That could be done quickly. Enforcing the laws could be done today.
Turds like you refuse to enforce them now. Why should anyone believe any promise by Dims to enforce them?

Costs less than a wall
Once illegal jobs dry up, there will be no reason to cross the border

...so let's throw billions and billions of dollars at a problem which will have absolutely no effect at all. I will say this again. I live 35 miles from the border and hundreds, if not thousands of Mexicans cross through the BP check point every day, and nobody knows if the return to Mexico or not.
Exactly. I live 7 miles from the busiest border crossing in the world where 100,000+ people cross per day. That's where illegal immigration is coming from and that's where our efforts should be focused. Not a stupid wall that can be cut with a $100 reciprocating saw or climbed with a rebar ladder and rope, or defeated in many other ways.

That's 4th grade level problem solving. We can do better.

REALLY?? Majority of illegal immigration is coming from day passes at an authorized border crossing? THat's a new story.. Call the WaPO and CBP....

If you are NOT on preapproved VISA or a day pass, you'll be processed under "amnesty"... And granted that's about 1/2 of the illegal volume.. But why would ANYONE with a winnable amnesty case choose to crash thru cartel thugs and smugglers and the desert to force their way in OUTSIDE of a legal border crossing?

That's the other 1/2 or more of the problem... And by logic and reason, it contains the folks with the MOST PROBLEMS that would prevent their applications at a CBP checkpoint...
Yes. The majority of illegal immigration comes from people over staying their visas. I don't have to tell WaPo, they already know. And so does Trump. It is not a new story for any but the stupidest of red state nutters.

For 7th Consecutive Year, Visa Overstays Exceeded Illegal Border Crossings

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immi...6ef970-65d7-11e9-82ba-fcfeff232e8f_story.html
Wrong, it's not the majority. It's about 40%. So you believe the wall is a failure if even one person gets past it, but your plan is a great success if 60% get past it.

You're a dumbass, of course.
I like YOUR plan-don't even try. Why bother doing anything? It might not work good.
Where did I say "don't even try?" That's the Dim's plan.

So no picture no story

View attachment 288153

View attachment 288154

images

giphy.gif
finally some pictures. now the challenge you have is proving those fences are the border fencing. hmmmmm

the proof is right there in the picture link,,,

giphy.gif
Wrong. The bottom picture shows a concrete wall. Nothing on the border is concrete.
But Trump promised a CONCRETE wall
He is an expert on concrete
Try posting something relevant to the discussion.

Costs less than a wall
It hasn't worked so far. Why should anyone believe it will work in the future?

"In addition to cutting through the walls, officials told the Post that smugglers have also repeatedly scaled and climbed over the walls with makeshift ladders, particularly in areas near San Diego."

Let me ask.... do you think more... or less... or the same number would be crossing if there was absolutely not border whatsoever?

No one anywhere suggested that the number of illegal crossing would end up zero with the wall.

The number of illegal crossings from East to West Germany was not zero during that time, and the Soviets were shooting to kill those who crossed.

Well, let's see. You can cut a hole through it. You can tunnel under it. You can fly over it. You can boat around it, or you can ignore it all together, and just walk through the BP portal gate. In view of those facts, I would say that your $40 billion in taxes to build, and maybe a billion per year to maintain, will stop 5% of illegals.

Oh please. You seriously expect me to believe that it only stops 5% of illegals? Really? How many illegals have planes in the backyard, just waiting for when they decide to fly over the wall? How many have tunnel building experience, concrete, and digging machines to tunnel under the wall? How many do you see boating around it?

You are talking about cartels. Cartels could possibly have that much money and resources, but they are only going to do that with big ticket items that can recover the cost of resources they use. Namely drugs. The average immigrant isn't going to have enough money to make it worth a cartels time to tunnel under a wall.

Drugs do.

Most illegals are going to be stopped by a wall.

Remember the caravan? Did you see them hauling drilling machines in their caravan? No. Did you see them flying in planes? Of course not.

Ridiculous.

Andy, for Christ sake, have you ever flown in a plane? Did you have to buy one to do that? As for tunnels, did you have to dig the Eisenhower Tunnel in Denver in order to go through it. Jesus, guy use a little imagination.

I am baffled by this comment. I can't tell if you are mentally disabled, or are so partisan in your incompetence, that you actually believe what you are saying.

Drug smugglers are not going to start shuffling people through the tunnels. It's too risky. You lose that tunnel, and then you can't get your millions of dollars in drugs through.

Same with a plane. You are not going to fly 5 people in that tiny prop plane, who are going to give you $50 each in pesos, and risk losing the plane if you are caught, when you could be tossing $100,000 bags of drugs out to be picked up by someone already in the US, and flying back to Mexico before being caught.

We catch planes and tunnels routinely. How do you think you know about them enough to post about it here?

Ok, Andy. I get it. For some reason you have this mental picture of people hanging on to the wings of a Cessna 250 or digging a tunnel under the Rio Grande with a miner's hat and a flashlight. This kind of thinking explains why you actually think that building a wall will stop people who are already determined to walk 100 miles through the desert without food or water in 110 degree temperature. So, I will spell it out for you.
1: human traffickers down here in Nogales DO allow coyote's to walk illegals through their tunnels for a fee. Not everybody in Mexico is in a drug cartel, no matter what Trump says.
2. They hide in 18 wheelers in boxes under 100's of pounds of onions and other produce. The come in the trunks of cars, and the backs of panel trucks. Three years ago a panel truck overturned on I-19 North to Tucson, when the tire blew. It rolled over and 19 illegals were discovered hiding in the truck. They had already gotten through, but their plan unraveled because their weight was too much for the tires, causing one to blow.
3. No they don't hold on to the wings of Cessna's. They go to the airport and buy a ticket, and board an American Airlines flight to Denver. Any idiot who is not a convicted felon can get a passport. Their cousins pick them up at the airport, and give them a place to stay until they can get a job at the local sugar beet farm for half the minimum wage, with no benefits.

Meantime, Trumpsters are all out in the desert wearing camo, and toting AK-47's and patting themselves on the back for standing guard near a wall that is 50 miles from the nearest road.

Last edited:

It's the only one that will work. As long as the jobs are here, they will come.

People can advocate this all day BUT it's something we are never going to do so it's not a solution.

Great, so what is a solution?

I'm all open to new ideas, but you have to actually have one. Until then, a wall is most certainly better than nothing.

Enforce our employment laws. It's as simple as that. Putting a little more teeth into them might be nice also. That could be done quickly. Enforcing the laws could be done today.
Turds like you refuse to enforce them now. Why should anyone believe any promise by Dims to enforce them?

I have NO ability to enforce them. Only Trump does.

Because that is why the illegals are coming here, to work. Solve that problem and you won't need a wall. Dotard.

Costs less than a wall

It isn't being done. Employers are rarely charged. As far as I've been able to determine it has not even happened once under Trump.

A couple of Obama prosecutions have concluded under Trump. Even then we are talking very few.

Costs less than a wall
It hasn't been tried so far.

Your wall doesn't work either. Over, under, and through. Concepts learned even before Kindergarten. Why should we waste money on such nonsense?

Horseshit. You just hate corporations. That's the entire motive behind it. Furthermore, we already know that politicians will not enforce it.

Costs less than a wall
It hasn't been tried so far.

Your wall doesn't work either. Over, under, and through. Concepts learned even before Kindergarten. Why should we waste money on such nonsense?
its worked in so much its reduced the crossing by close to 100% where it didnt exist before,,,

your problem seems to be your ignorance towards this fact,,,

Costs less than a wall

It isn't being done. Employers are rarely charged. As far as I've been able to determine it has not even happened once under Trump.

A couple of Obama prosecutions have concluded under Trump. Even then we are talking very few.

I'm glad this has been brought up. There was a major bust of an employer in Iowa a few years back. A slaughterhouse had hundreds of illegals working there. The main guys running the place were convicted. The head guy got serious prison time. now, wait for it, wait for it...

Trump commuted his sentence.

Postville raid - Wikipedia

Horseshit. You just hate corporations. That's the entire motive behind it. Furthermore, we already know that politicians will not enforce it.

Yes, I hate our two tiered justice system. Prosecute the employee and ignore the employer. There is no question I despise that.

Forum List

Back