Illinois governor strikes blow for taxapyers...q

Yes, all too often the kids will fuck up their parent's business pretty quickly after they take it over..That is if the parents dote on their kids and do not make them work for what they want.
In any event, once an employee has been written up, the next infraction can cost them employment. That should and in many places is the choice of the employer. The employer owns the business. The employer owns the jobs.
It has to be that way.

No, it doesn't "have" to be that way. Nor should it be.

And frankly, I didn't get one writeup on the last job. Ever. Just downsized because, ooops, you ran up too many medical bills.

Or my friend. Ooops you showed up at the Holiday Party with your lesbian girlfriend.

How about this. You get a writeup, but there's an appeals process. If the writeup was for bullshit, the owner gets a warning that he'll get cited for employment discrimination if he tries any bullshit.

Strikes me, it should be a two-way street that both sides should be required to act decently.

Otherwise, you could have a situation where you could be fired for not giving the boss a blowjob.

The simple answer is...Without employers there are no jobs to create employees.
Now, what exactly are you not going along with?

Again, we don't have jobs because we have employers.

We have jobs because we have DEMAND, which are filled sometimes by the public sector, and sometimes by the private sector...

or as a wise Republican once put it...

"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration..." Abraham Lincoln

See. Republicans USED to get this.

Sometimes you need ditches.

We have thousands of roads, bridges, schools, etc. that are in disrepair.

Frankly, a lot more important to us than a car elevator or a dressage horsie...

Here's where you go off the tracks. Infrastructure is via the public sector. The other items are privately funded...And none of your business.

Right. Public sector stuff that's crumbling because we only tax the douchebags at 35%, and they are all screaming poverty if we jump that to 39%...
Gee what a shocker. Now how did I know THIS nonsense was coming. Dude, you are as predictable as a Florida Gulf Coast Thunderstorm

Umm, income taxes are not used for infrastructure. Income taxes go toward the general fund.
FUEL TAXES are earmarked for roads. Road construction and repair DOES NOT come from the general fund.
Now, the federal government does NOT cover the cost of road repair or construction. That is done by the states. The State will propose a project and ask for federal money to defray some of the cost, ultimately the states fund their own projects.
Admit it. You are into this taxation thing not because it will raise revenue levels, but because it makes you feel good. You get to believe that the government allowed you to get even. You screwed those rich people.
Yeah well stupid here's a newsflash, every person whose income is over the magical $250k is going to get shafted. And that includes all the small and micro business owners who's gross receipts crawl over that level.
Now just what do you think these people are going to do? Pay it? NO!!! They are going to downsize their businesses to avoid the new confiscation.
Obama knows God Damned well this tax hike is a flyspeck but he made a campaign promise and because Obama is a campaigner in perpetuity( as opposed to a leader and statesman) he is going to insist he get his way.
Obama will spend the next 4 years campaigning for the democrats to keep control of the WH and the Senate. In month 30 of his second term, he will introduce HIS choice for the democrat nominee for president.
Meanwhile the federal government is a rudderless ship in charge of a stagnant economy.

The simple answer is...Without employers there are no jobs to create employees.
Now, what exactly are you not going along with?

Again, we don't have jobs because we have employers.

We have jobs because we have DEMAND, which are filled sometimes by the public sector, and sometimes by the private sector...

or as a wise Republican once put it...

"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration..." Abraham Lincoln

See. Republicans USED to get this.

Really? Ok.
Say I am a small business person. A landscaper. I have many customers. I prefer to do all of the work myself. I would rather operate this way.
I elect to hire NO ONE...I do not need labor however there is DEMAND for my services. Only when I decide that I no longer wish to do the work myself, will I consider hiring labor.
Example 2...
I own a large factory. Some years ago I had the old factory torn demolished because my foreign competitors had modern factories.
I built a new one. Only this time I built it to be almost fully automated.
Alas, because I now needed only 1/3rd of the people to run this new factory to put out MORE product, I let go 2/3rds of the employees.
I now can operate with less labor and produce more product because my plant is modern.
Not labor for demand of product..I have that covered. Labor for demand of labor.
This is the chicken or the egg argument union supporters have tried in vain to rationalize for years. It still hasn't worked.
Labor does not exist in waiting. Labor is a commodity.
When labor is needed it is obtained. When labor is not needed, it is not labor.
Lincoln's notion applied to the mid 19th century.
Obviously the US is a much different place now.

Once again...IN the absence of employers( pick any small town in the Rust Belt where there used to be factories and mills) there is no need for labor.
Yeah, I saw the guys in the union hall waiting for work, sitting there watching tv, drinking coffee and all pissed off thinking somebody owed them something.
Instead of sitting on their miserable asses waiting for some one to give them something, they should have gone home, and tried to figure out how to get painting jobs in their local community. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...Da Yoon Yun don allow dat.
Another reason why I oppose the concept of the labor collective.

Yes, all too often the kids will fuck up their parent's business pretty quickly after they take it over..That is if the parents dote on their kids and do not make them work for what they want.
In any event, once an employee has been written up, the next infraction can cost them employment. That should and in many places is the choice of the employer. The employer owns the business. The employer owns the jobs.
It has to be that way.

No, it doesn't "have" to be that way. Nor should it be.

And frankly, I didn't get one writeup on the last job. Ever. Just downsized because, ooops, you ran up too many medical bills.

Or my friend. Ooops you showed up at the Holiday Party with your lesbian girlfriend.

How about this. You get a writeup, but there's an appeals process. If the writeup was for bullshit, the owner gets a warning that he'll get cited for employment discrimination if he tries any bullshit.

Strikes me, it should be a two-way street that both sides should be required to act decently.

Otherwise, you could have a situation where you could be fired for not giving the boss a blowjob.
Once again, you are making a moot point. A point in which the balance gets tipped not to the people taking all of the risks( the business owner) but to the people he hires. The inmates running the asylum.
You want and appeals process? We already have it. State and federal labor laws.
And please, enough with the repeating of the sob stories about the medical bills and the lesbians. I think you are not telling the truth or at least the entire story. And quite frankly when people have had an unfortunate experience, they will try to twist the story in such a way so as to not make themselves look bad. See where we're going here? So please, stop it. Neither story makes sense and when something does not make sense it usually means it isn't true.

Once again, you are making a moot point. A point in which the balance gets tipped not to the people taking all of the risks( the business owner) but to the people he hires. The inmates running the asylum.

Frankly, the inmates can usually run the asylum better...

I've worked for five companies since I left the Army 22 years ago... I've seen maybe ONE manager who was halfway competetent, and that was because he actively solicited the opinions of the wage slaves.

I've worked for five companies since I left the Army 22 years ago... I've seen maybe ONE manager who was halfway competetent, and that was because he actively solicited the opinions of the wage slaves.

so you change jobs every four years. I would think twice before hiring you. you obviously are unstable

so you change jobs every four years. I would think twice before hiring you. you obviously are unstable

Well, considering that one of those companies went out of business, another I quit because they fired my friend who was a lesbian on principle. The other two were the aftermath of 9-11 and the aftermath of the Great Recession (the one where I was let go because of medical issues, illegally.)

Frankly, most recruiters tell me that in this economy, I'm actually above average. Most resumes I see in my resume business, people change jobs once every 2-3 years.

But I know you just HAVE to beleive that I'm at fault somehow, because asskissers like you never like to admit your lips are affixed to assholes.

Well, considering that one of those companies went out of business, another I quit because they fired my friend who was a lesbian on principle. The other two were the aftermath of 9-11 and the aftermath of the Great Recession (the one where I was let go because of medical issues, illegally.)

Frankly, most recruiters tell me that in this economy, I'm actually above average. Most resumes I see in my resume business, people change jobs once every 2-3 years.

But I know you just HAVE to beleive that I'm at fault somehow, because asskissers like you never like to admit your lips are affixed to assholes.

All you do is complain that everything is not your fault. So I am either to believe you are the unluckiest most abused person on the planet or that there is something inherently wrong with you.

Occam's razor.

[

All you do is complain that everything is not your fault. So I am either to believe you are the unluckiest most abused person on the planet or that there is something inherently wrong with you.

Occam's razor.

Or that you just don't know much about what it's like for most working people. In my industry, I'm actually performing above average.

At my current job, 70% of the people who were there when I started 4 1/2 ago are gone. Quite a few hired after I did moved on. And, yeah, it's always fun explaining something new to Quality Manager #4 that you already had to explain to his three predecessors that came and went. They hand out certificates if you've been there five years, because they consider that a real accomplishment these days.

In the previous one, the one where they cured me of Republican Stupidity- I had seniority on everyone in the office, because EVERYONE in that office except the managers had either quit or been fired in the six years I was there. Didn't really mean anything, you were victimized by the stupidity no matter how long you were there.

Sorry, dude, it would be nice if we had lifetime jobs like we had in the good old days... you know, when we had UNIONS protecting worker's rights. But that's exactly what you guys have developed. Revolving door jobs, and no loyalty to a gig because you won't be there in four years, anyway.

You're just full of excuses, aren't you?
I wouldn't hire you either. I guess you get work by using your ability to hide your shitty attitude toward the employer.
Look , employers just don't up and fire good employees for no apparent reason.
And you can take that Lesbian story and stow. There is not one shred of truth to it. Ya wanna know how I know this? Because in this PC world we live no employer with half a brain would ever use sexual orientation as an excuse to discharge an employee. The resulting legal action and criminal ( yes, discrimination is a crime) would be devastating.

[
Gee what a shocker. Now how did I know THIS nonsense was coming. Dude, you are as predictable as a Florida Gulf Coast Thunderstorm

Umm, income taxes are not used for infrastructure. Income taxes go toward the general fund.

You're just some kind of special retard, aren't you?

And you are an excuse making, whiny fuck who cannot accept responsibility for his own actions.
So now we're even.

There's an example of how it is impossible to fix stupid.

[

Occam's razor.

Or that you just don't know much about what it's like for most working people. In my industry, I'm actually performing above average.

At my current job, 70% of the people who were there when I started 4 1/2 ago are gone. Quite a few hired after I did moved on. And, yeah, it's always fun explaining something new to Quality Manager #4 that you already had to explain to his three predecessors that came and went. They hand out certificates if you've been there five years, because they consider that a real accomplishment these days.

In the previous one, the one where they cured me of Republican Stupidity- I had seniority on everyone in the office, because EVERYONE in that office except the managers had either quit or been fired in the six years I was there. Didn't really mean anything, you were victimized by the stupidity no matter how long you were there.

Sorry, dude, it would be nice if we had lifetime jobs like we had in the good old days... you know, when we had UNIONS protecting worker's rights. But that's exactly what you guys have developed. Revolving door jobs, and no loyalty to a gig because you won't be there in four years, anyway.

See that's the problem with you union types. "Good enough is good enough"..
You are satisfied with "above average"..What the fuck is THAT?..
Look, in my book you either do it perfect or it is a total failure. If it's not 100% it is ZERO percent.
100% is the STANDARD......Above average( In school that is a "B"..or 84- 90) means you allow yourself to screw up as much as 16% of the work you do...
I have no idea what it is you do, but in you we're in my line of work, you DO NOT get to screw up...EVER...You fuck up, you are written up. Do it again and you are no longer part of my plan.
Now, in your world, you always had a union steward there to protect you when you fucked up...That's bullshit. And THAT is why unions are so screwed. Unions protect the mediocre and the incompetent. While the outstanding get no extra credit for being outstanding.

[

Occam's razor.

Lifetime jobs...Sure...Look, there were far more places to work "for life" that did not need labor collectives to act as a barrier between employee and employer.
In fact, many of those still exist today.
For example, that new Boeing plant in Charleston, SC...Those people will not have to worry about working elsewhere. As long as they perform and as long as the company has work, they are set.....And NON UNION..
Same Applies to the BMW plant in Greer, SC..Do your job, do it well, show the employer that it is your intention to improve you skill set and have the ambition to move up, you are golden. Again.....NON UNION...Google? Ditto..
None of which had a single thing to do with political parties. There is no connection. It's called BUSINESS.
The good old days....Sorry, everything progresses. The good old days are....Passe.

Last edited:
The technology and the market is always changing.
The life time job mentality holds progress down. The US auto manufacturing industry was exhibit A of that.
Many workers, union and non union, refuse to educate and train themselves to keep up with the changing market.
It used to be unions demanded business force the workers to train and learn and businesses were forced to do that.
That is the responsibility of the worker, to train themselves for what the market demands.

[

Occam's razor.

You know what I don't understand about you?

Why the fuck don't you quit what you're doing because all those people you work for are douche bags and get a fucking job in a union shop spinning 2 bolts and a nut all day long?

Then maybe you'd stop your incessant whining.

[

Occam's razor.

You know what I don't understand about you?

Why the fuck don't you quit what you're doing because all those people you work for are douche bags and get a fucking job in a union shop spinning 2 bolts and a nut all day long?

Then maybe you'd stop your incessant whining.
My cousin's husband, not the brightest bulb in the light fixture although a conscientious worker was employed at a Ford Plant in NJ. He was a line worker there for several years. He had a routine just like the rest of the boys on the line.
Anyway, he was offered a supervisory position. This of course would have forced him to leave the union and of course "the boys on the line" would no longer be his buddies for beers on Friday's. He turned down the job. As it turned out Ford closed the plant and most of the hourly people were laid off. While the guy who took the supervisor's job, was offered a job in the other NJ plant in Edison. Mr. Brilliant found himself on unemployment.
All because of an unwillingness to move forward. It was just comfortable to continue as a line worker.
Had the slot been open to me my reaction would have been "boys, it's been great working with you. I am moving on with my career. Hope you understand."

You're just full of excuses, aren't you?
I wouldn't hire you either. I guess you get work by using your ability to hide your shitty attitude toward the employer.

I get work by being pretty awesome at what I do... frankly, I have to turn down at least one job offer a month. My resume is just that strong.

Look , employers just don't up and fire good employees for no apparent reason.
And you can take that Lesbian story and stow. There is not one shred of truth to it. Ya wanna know how I know this? Because in this PC world we live no employer with half a brain would ever use sexual orientation as an excuse to discharge an employee. The resulting legal action and criminal ( yes, discrimination is a crime) would be devastating

You see, this is where you are kind of a retard. Besides the fact that such laws did not exist in IL in 2000, you really do credit your average homophobe with being all that smart.

If they were smart, they wouldn't be Homophobes, and they wouldn't let a bunch of hateful shit from a book written by bronze age savages be a guide in life.

Now, their "official" reason was that they had to downsize that department. (Except they replaced that position a few months later.) And it just HAPPENED to be two weeks after she showed up at the HOLIDAY party with her girlfriend, who wore a man's suit- JUST TO MAKE SURE NO ONE MISSED THE POINT.

Incidently, this job actually made two attempts to get me to come back. I refused. The company I worked at up until the 9-11 thing tried to get me back about two years ago.

But it's okay. I know you need to believe that employees are vermin and employers are saints, just doing God's work by being greedy douchebags.

Forum List

Back