Illiterate Rachel Jeantel given full college scholarship!!

I'm not sure but I think it's spelled c-r-a-c-k-a.
The rest of your diatribe had absolutely nothing to do with my post.
p.s.
This silliness that you and a few others engage in (pointing out typos, forgotten apostrophes, etc.) has always struck me as indicative of a weak argument.

It's a valid argument when you guys go out there and diss the job teachers are doing.

The problem is they have to deal with learning disabilities and behavioral problems, and a lot of that is because of the breakdown of the family. Dems have contributed with a welfare state, Republicans have contributed with diminishing earnings for working people so a few jerks can have Dressage Ponies.

But let's mock the girl with the learning disability. That's fun.

Joe its easier to just mock you for excusing illteracy.

If we spent a decent amount of money on education, and the poor kids in the ghettos got the same quality education rich white kids in the suburbs got, illiteracy wouldn't be an issue.

Of course, keeping everyone as stupid as you are is how the plutocrats stay in power.

Good. Now she can learn to read cursive.

No really. I hope it steers her in the right direction in life.

Teaching cursive is a controversy right now in education. Schools a disbanding teaching it. They are teaching typing instead.

This is the case in many American school districts. I disagree with it. I hope the young girl in question takes advantage of the offer. I came from a background where I would not have gotten a college education had I not worked for it and paid for it myself. How fortunate I would have felt to have such an offer as she has been given. It will change her life.

Good. Now she can learn to read cursive.

No really. I hope it steers her in the right direction in life.

Teaching cursive is a controversy right now in education. Schools a disbanding teaching it. They are teaching typing instead.

This is the case in many American school districts. I disagree with it. I hope the young girl in question takes advantage of the offer. I came from a background where I would not have gotten a college education had I not worked for it and paid for it myself. How fortunate I would have felt to have such an offer as she has been given. It will change her life.

I don't. Frankly, it's a useless skill. Block writing is easier to read and I can type faster than I can write.

I also kind of disagree. College is not for everyone, and frankly, the only reason why it changes people's lives is because jobs demand it because primary education is so poor. I know people in my line of work (Purchasing) who've been doing it for 20-30 years who can't get jobs now because they didn't really need college when they started to do this job.

You missed the point. Fact is she can't read anything and didn't want to admit that so she said she can't read cursive. No doubt she has a million excuses when people ask her to read something. I used to know a black guy and whenever he was asked to read, he'd say he forgot his glasses.

Gawd, why so many lies?

Why can't you asshole racist crackers ever just tell the truth?

Uh oh, here come the racial slurs! I didn't know you were black? Do you want the number to the SPLC home girl?

lol.....not only black......but a feminist bulldog too!!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::2up: We're talking social outcast stuff........angry oddball.

RC....I got news for you bro.....she'd kick both our asses.:rock:

I don't. Frankly, it's a useless skill. Block writing is easier to read and I can type faster than I can write.

I also kind of disagree. College is not for everyone, and frankly, the only reason why it changes people's lives is because jobs demand it because primary education is so poor. I know people in my line of work (Purchasing) who've been doing it for 20-30 years who can't get jobs now because they didn't really need college when they started to do this job.

I don't think cursive writing is on the way out or will become archaic.

As far as an education: education is not only preparation for a career or job. Though getting a job is important, essential to support yourself and be independent, I agree that people can work at jobs for which they need no specific educational requirement, and if they want and are happy with such jobs, that's their business. And I agree that some people are not able to get jobs for the career for which they have trained. With the recession, people now, as you point out, are competing with those who have college educations even though a college education may not be essential to do the job, even though experience may be a better measurement of how well you do that job. However, the recession will not last forever, but an education will.

The most important thing an education can supply is learning how to think, to develop critical thinking skills. There is more independence there and self realization there than in anything else. If being on a message board like this does not make that point crystal clear, nothing will. It is the theme of the film EDUCATING RITA. If you haven't seen it, you might want to. Or read the book: it was originally a novel. Years ago there was a slogan used by the NAACP: A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste. Indeed it is.

Last edited:
It's a valid argument when you guys go out there and diss the job teachers are doing.

The problem is they have to deal with learning disabilities and behavioral problems, and a lot of that is because of the breakdown of the family. Dems have contributed with a welfare state, Republicans have contributed with diminishing earnings for working people so a few jerks can have Dressage Ponies.

But let's mock the girl with the learning disability. That's fun.

If we spent a decent amount of money on education, and the poor kids in the ghettos got the same quality education rich white kids in the suburbs got, illiteracy wouldn't be an issue.

Of course, keeping everyone as stupid as you are is how the plutocrats stay in power.

More money on education? You really think thats the answer?
The problem lies with the kids parents. They dont give a shit if their kids go to school or not. And more money for education wont change that.
And when you have a culture that derides those who achieve in school as uncle toms .....

The problem lies with the kids parents. They dont give a shit if their kids go to school or not. And more money for education wont change that.
And when you have a culture that derides those who achieve in school as uncle toms .....

Our society does not emphasize the importance of school that some other more successful countries do, such as China. It's not just the black, but the poor and even the middle class does not emphasize the importance of homework and college.

Do you really expect the very best from your children when it comes to school work? Do you go over their work each night and make them go over their errors?

Do you get the best from them that they can do? Do they spend at least two hours a night on school work or do they have their noses buried in their Ipods and phones?

Our society does not emphasize the importance of school that some other more successful countries do, such as China. It's not just the black, but the poor and even the middle class does not emphasize the importance of homework and college.

Do you really expect the very best from your children when it comes to school work? Do you go over their work each night and make them go over their errors?

Do you get the best from them that they can do? Do they spend at least two hours a night on school work or do they have their noses buried in their Ipods and phones?

Do you get the best from them that they can do? Do they spend at least two hours a night on school work

yup

grandson actually

but yes

You're right Jackson. Most parents do expect their kids to go to school, they just expect the school to do everything. To most parents, dropping off the kids at school is liking dropping off clothes at the dry cleaners: they just expect it to be taken care of and to pick it up fully finished. If anything goes wrong, they blame the cleaners. Most American parents are not personally involved with their children's education, as you describe. That's the real problem.

You're right Jackson. Most parents do expect their kids to go to school, they just expect the school to do everything. To most parents, dropping off the kids at school is liking dropping off clothes at the dry cleaners: they just expect it to be taken care of and to pick it up fully finished. If anything goes wrong, they blame the cleaners. Most American parents are not personally involved with their children's education, as you describe. That's the real problem.

I'm a grandparent and was horrified to find out where my grandson went to middle school the parents actually voted to have the school stop giving homework because they were tired if doing it! This is where the homes are $200-$300,000! How bad is that!

Last edited:
giving her an opportunity to go to college is fine, you cant buy her and IQ though. He should offer that money to another black kid that has what it takes to graduate from college but does not have the means to do so.

This girl is clearly not cut out to even understand levels of advanced education.
What she needs is a speech trainer and then some kind of vocational training.
One other thing. Just because someone has the money to spend on a college education does not mean they get a college education. The person has to apply and must be accepted to attend the school.

First of all, I don't understand why Rachel Jeantel is getting all this attention. Left media is treating her as star regardless her lying under oath. My other concern is she is so entrenched in the victim mentality and the entitlement culture that she most likely won't accept that offer, simply because if she does, she has to live up to the task. She's not college material. In fact, she's not even high school material, knowing that she's 19 and still in HS. If Tom Joyner really wants to help her, he should pay subscription for Weight Watchers or similar and give that scholarship to some black kid who busted their ass in high school, got good grades but can't afford college. I'm always amazed how certain segments of society bend over backwards for the slackers just to get media attention. Bottom line, she does not deserve it.

Last edited:
By all measurements, this girl does NOT have mental fortitude to go to college.

I believe she is thoroughly ashamed of herself, and she really needs to fix that shit before she can be successful at anything.

I hope I'm wrong.

College? In her own words: "That's "old school." :eusa_silenced:

[

So why don't black "parents" put their kids in quality private schools like white parents do.? Cause the black father is gone and mommy is on welfare. But you blame whitey.

The prosecution failed to prepare their star witness [Jeantel], among other ways they fucked up.

right, like not having much evidence...

They probably just needed extra time to prepare her. It's difficult to remember all the answers, when to show emotions, to cry, read her own statement... I got feeling that the four hardest years of her life was the fifth grade. Beside being on Martin's funeral, of course. :eusa_silenced:

[

All that's true but the real reason blacks don't try in school is because they know they are mentally inferior and can't compete with whites and asians. You can't lose if you don't play the game.

[

So why don't black "parents" put their kids in quality private schools like white parents do.? Cause the black father is gone and mommy is on welfare. But you blame whitey.

Are you fucking stupid? there are plenty of white kids that are not in private school most people cannot afford them.:cuckoo:

[
One other thing. Just because someone has the money to spend on a college education does not mean they get a college education. The person has to apply and must be accepted to attend the school.

That's why the donor said it must be a black school. He knows no real college will take her and if they did, she would flunk out.

If she makes a 10 on the ACT, which can be accomplished by marking the answer to every question 'B', she can get into any TN community college.

Rachel Jeantel stated on a TV interview she has a 3.0 GPA. With that she should be able to pass the SAT and apply to most of schools. So, why has to be HBCU? Is Tom Joyner assuming she could only make it into an historically black university or college? To me it just looks like soft bigotry of the left on full display... :eusa_whistle:

I never said she was stupid, I am just correcting the idiot that thinks talking is the same as reading and writing.

I know you didn't. But there are alot of people who are.

She comes off as uneducated when I hear her speak, but she really doesn't seem stupid.

Some might see Harvard quality there. On the other hand, given the state of our "higher" education, who knows, she might even graduate. It all depends what she think the meaning of "higher" is.

Yeah, can't wait to hear her Nobel Prize acceptance speech in a few years.

[
I'm a grandparent and was horrified to find out where my grandson went to middle school the parents actually voted to have the school stop giving homework because they were tired if doing it! This is where the homes are $200-$300,000! How bad is that!

That's what you were told but that's not the real reason. Schools are banning homework because negros and hispos can't or won't do it. Only whites and asians do homework and wiboowals say that's not fair.

Why would that be a useful skill.

You guys make a very big deal about the fact that she couldn't read someone else's cursive handwriting.

I stopped writing in cursive back in the 1970's because no one but me could read my cursive. I usually type everything now. Have since the 1980's.

Cursive is one of those useless skills that educators still teach because that's on the cirruculum.

No, we make a big deal out of fact that she couldn't read the letter shoe testified that she wrote.

"shoe"?

She stated straight up she had someone else write it down for her. IN fact, she was pretty straight up about a lot of things, unlike Zimmerman, who didn't even want to get on the stand because he might get caught in yet more lies.

She was straight up about her age, why she didn't go to the funeral, the fact that she wrote the letter, what she heard over the phone, and so many other things.

Forum List

Back