Illiterate Rachel Jeantel given full college scholarship!!

Iinteresting that the offer is only for an HBCU. He knows real colleges would never accept her.

Rachel Jeantel offered college scholarship by radio host Tom Joyner

After watching Piers Morgan's interview Monday with Rachel Jeantel, a key witness in George Zimmerman's trial, radio personality Tom Joyner was so moved that he decided to do something extraordinary. During his Tuesday program, Joyner called Jeantel to express his admiration for her and offer to personally help her attend a historically black college or university. "I will help you get tutors to get you out of high school, tutors to help you pass the SAT and I will give you a full-ride scholarship to any HBCU you'd like," he promised

Florida doesn't have SAT they have FCAT you get 5 chances to pass it in
HS to graduate. If you don't pass the first (and subsequent) times they put you in FCAT class to teach you how to pass it. With that many chances.... let's do math on hbcu entrance exam.

Good luck Rachel!!

HUH?...
University of Florida - Admissions
http://admissions.fsu.edu/freshman/admissions/requirements.cfm
Florida Student Scholarship and Grant Programs
I think you are confusing two different things.
The test to which you refer is a State requirement for students in middle and high school..It is a standardized test used to measure the level of academic performance during a student's school.
All higher learning institutions require prospective students to take either ACT's or SAT's.
Bureau of K-12 Assessment are used not for college admissions, but to measure student performance during the child's school career.

Teaching cursive is a controversy right now in education. Schools a disbanding teaching it. They are teaching typing instead.

Keyboarding. I don't know a school that's taught cursive in the last 20 years actually.

How do they sign the bottom of their checks or contracts with a keyboard?

What in the world do they teach in public schools now?

To answer your question: Horseshit....
Teachers are told to "teach the test"...Here in NC, school curricula are geared in total focus for standardized testing. There is an obsession with testing here. These kids are not learning anything except how to memorize facts and regurgitate them. Critical thinking is not permitted. School administrations have placed achievement and success on the back burner. Kids who strive to excel are on their own. It's this shitty stupid notion of 'self esteem' and of course 'fairness' which school administrations have placed their focus.
I noticed that my son who at the time was in about 8th or 9th grade some simple US Geography questions. I did this because he struggled with naming states and map reading skills. I stopped me and told me he has never had US Geography in any of his classes. I asked him about civics. He id not know what that was. I had to teach him about the founding of our country, the three branches of our federal government. The basics on how laws become laws. All that basic stuff. The schools avoid this stuff.

Keyboarding. I don't know a school that's taught cursive in the last 20 years actually.

:confused: Will this mean that people will now sign their name in plain print?

Weird.

/docusign

Catch up :)
Is this how you will sign your name on your driver's license? Loan application? Your tax return?
Please.
Catch up? Look if you want to have a discussion, that's fine.
If you want to be a smart ass, let's dance.
Your call.

Is SAT done in place of ACT or when? Alternate college test?

You can do BOTH and choose whichever is better score.

A Student Site for ACT Test Takers | ACT Student

College Admissions - SAT - University & College Search Tool

You can also do act as fcat to graduate on summer

But...

My 17 teen year old "adopted" she thinks I'm her other mommy came from SC beautiful smart girl couldn't do it.

So she's back to fcat class and 2 more times to get it. Missed it by a point.

FL funding tests are dumb. They scare them with it all year they show them movies about if you fail.

This is for a different thread and I do not agree. I have reps and pRick on speed dial about education in Florida.

This was Jebs baby. I used to heart Jeb and still do but he fucked our education.
Jesus Christ, you are dense.
The FCAT's are NOT USED for college admissions.
The tests are not dumb. The kids that cannot pass them are not learning the basic skills that are needed to pass these multiple choice tests.
Stop blaming others for your "adopted's" inability to make the grade.
If she cannot get by a standardized test, perhaps she isn't as smart as you believe.
Given your propensity to call state officials on what bothers you regarding education in Florida, I will have to guess that when things don;t go according to your plan, you pick up the phone start complaining. .

Ame®icano;7562272 said:
If she makes a 10 on the ACT, which can be accomplished by marking the answer to every question 'B', she can get into any TN community college.

Rachel Jeantel stated on a TV interview she has a 3.0 GPA. With that she should be able to pass the SAT and apply to most of schools. So, why has to be HBCU? Is Tom Joyner assuming she could only make it into an historically black university or college? To me it just looks like soft bigotry of the left on full display... :eusa_whistle:

With the ACT and SAT there is no "pass or fail"..Test takers receive a score. That score is used to determine in part whether a candidate is worthy of acceptance to a particular school.
To my knowledge, many traditionally black colleges are highly selective in their student applications. These schools want achievers.

You're right about pass or fail, it's been mentioned before and I should've say high score, therefore I stand corrected.
Having said that, my point still hasn't changed. Something's telling me you already knew that and you still chose to ignore it and stick to less important detail. How about you try commenting again, but this time without deviations, eh?

"Da old skoo" sample of Florida SAT...

rn10.jpg

This bitch looks like Java the hutt! I am done being nice to these pricks. ;) She's a ghetto crack hoe as they're called.

[
I'm a grandparent and was horrified to find out where my grandson went to middle school the parents actually voted to have the school stop giving homework because they were tired if doing it! This is where the homes are $200-$300,000! How bad is that!

That's what you were told but that's not the real reason. Schools are banning homework because negros and hispos can't or won't do it. Only whites and asians do homework and wiboowals say that's not fair.

I bet my next 5 pay checks Rachel Jeantel is smarter than ShittySpeedos.

LOL You can bet the whole bank on that one.

A free ride on someone Else's dime...
The cornerstone of Liberalism.

So, you advocate eliminating all scholarship programs? You know, not all are based on high grades: many are based on ethnic background, need, and many other things. If we go by your post, no one should receive a scholarship for any reason because we are giving someone a free ride, which is the cornerstone of liberalism, which is a bad thing. How asinine.

Joe its easier to just mock you for excusing illteracy.

If we spent a decent amount of money on education, and the poor kids in the ghettos got the same quality education rich white kids in the suburbs got, illiteracy wouldn't be an issue.

Of course, keeping everyone as stupid as you are is how the plutocrats stay in power.

More money on education? You really think thats the answer?
The problem lies with the kids parents. They dont give a shit if their kids go to school or not. And more money for education wont change that.
And when you have a culture that derides those who achieve in school as uncle toms .....

Does thinking that minorities don't care about their children make it easier for you to dehumanize them?

Just asking.

Education is exactly the answer. Everyone knows? Nonsense. They aren't mentally inferior.

Some of the best educated people I know are black men who worked hard and succeeded despite the street culture.

Some of the dumbest people I've met are whiter than the sun.

Your idea of education is a PHD in sociology or ethnic studies. Very few blacks go into important difficult fields like physics or math. They can't.

There's none so blind as those who will not see - National Society of Black Physicists - Promoting the professional well-being of African American Phy The National Society of Black Physicists
NSBE - National Society of Black Engineers national organization for black engineers
Black Engineers' Contributions to the World

Or who are just stump ugly ignorant and stupid.

Ame®icano;7565695 said:
Ame®icano;7562272 said:
Rachel Jeantel stated on a TV interview she has a 3.0 GPA. With that she should be able to pass the SAT and apply to most of schools. So, why has to be HBCU? Is Tom Joyner assuming she could only make it into an historically black university or college? To me it just looks like soft bigotry of the left on full display... :eusa_whistle:

With the ACT and SAT there is no "pass or fail"..Test takers receive a score. That score is used to determine in part whether a candidate is worthy of acceptance to a particular school.
To my knowledge, many traditionally black colleges are highly selective in their student applications. These schools want achievers.

You're right about pass or fail, it's been mentioned before and I should've say high score, therefore I stand corrected.
Having said that, my point still hasn't changed. Something's telling me you already knew that and you still chose to ignore it and stick to less important detail. How about you try commenting again, but this time without deviations, eh?
I stand by my post. You stated "pass" the SAT..
Is it your contention that it is somehow 'unfair' that one comments on a particular part of a statement and not the entire statement?
Look, you wrote what you wrote. That's that.
No further commentary is necessary on this issue. I am through discussing it.

If we spent a decent amount of money on education, and the poor kids in the ghettos got the same quality education rich white kids in the suburbs got, illiteracy wouldn't be an issue.

Of course, keeping everyone as stupid as you are is how the plutocrats stay in power.

The problem lies with the kids parents. They dont give a shit if their kids go to school or not. And more money for education wont change that.
And when you have a culture that derides those who achieve in school as uncle toms .....

Does thinking that minorities don't care about their children make it easier for you to dehumanize them?

Just asking.
Explain where anyone 'dehumanized' black kids...
Looks as though you have nothing further to add, so you posted a personal attack.
Typical.

A free ride on someone Else's dime...
The cornerstone of Liberalism.

So, you advocate eliminating all scholarship programs? You know, not all are based on high grades: many are based on ethnic background, need, and many other things. If we go by your post, no one should receive a scholarship for any reason because we are giving someone a free ride, which is the cornerstone of liberalism, which is a bad thing. How asinine.

That is idiotic. For the most part, scholarships for academics and members of certain groups are privately funded.
"Need"?....What the hell does that mean?...Need.
Hey sunshine, for every kid that is fortunate enough to receive an academic scholarship there are tons of other kids just as worthy who do not. They "need" a scholarship but do not receive. These kids are forced to apply for grants and loans. So please, there is no criteria for "need"( read entitlement).
The liberal looks upon higher education as an entitlement. They see those who do not make the standards required by higher education as "unfair".

Just asking.
Explain where anyone 'dehumanized' black kids...
Looks as though you have nothing further to add, so you posted a personal attack.
Typical.

Actually, I was being generous. I could have said racist, which would have described his post pretty well.

Forum List

Back