Illiterate Rachel Jeantel given full college scholarship!!

[

More money on education? You really think thats the answer?
The problem lies with the kids parents. They dont give a shit if their kids go to school or not. And more money for education wont change that.
And when you have a culture that derides those who achieve in school as uncle toms .....

All that's true but the real reason blacks don't try in school is because they know they are mentally inferior and can't compete with whites and asians. You can't lose if you don't play the game.

I don't believe that for a second. A black culture created by old white liberals is what destroyed the black family and has consequently kept black people disproportionately in poverty. A liberal owned teacher's union has exacerbated the situation.
African Americans are not the problem. Old white liberals are.

Last edited:
[

More money on education? You really think thats the answer?
The problem lies with the kids parents. They dont give a shit if their kids go to school or not. And more money for education wont change that.
And when you have a culture that derides those who achieve in school as uncle toms .....

All that's true but the real reason blacks don't try in school is because they know they are mentally inferior and can't compete with whites and asians. You can't lose if you don't play the game.

I don't believe that for a second. A black culture created by old white liberals is what destroyed the black family and has consequently kept black people disproportionately in poverty. A liberal owned teacher's union has exacerbated the situation.
African Americans are not the problem. Old white liberals are.

exactly

Iinteresting that the offer is only for an HBCU. He knows real colleges would never accept her.

Rachel Jeantel offered college scholarship by radio host Tom Joyner

After watching Piers Morgan's interview Monday with Rachel Jeantel, a key witness in George Zimmerman's trial, radio personality Tom Joyner was so moved that he decided to do something extraordinary. During his Tuesday program, Joyner called Jeantel to express his admiration for her and offer to personally help her attend a historically black college or university. "I will help you get tutors to get you out of high school, tutors to help you pass the SAT and I will give you a full-ride scholarship to any HBCU you'd like," he promised

Florida doesn't have SAT they have FCAT you get 5 chances to pass it in
HS to graduate. If you don't pass the first (and subsequent) times they put you in FCAT class to teach you how to pass it. With that many chances.... let's do math on hbcu entrance exam.

Good luck Rachel!!

Florida DOES have both SAT and ACT if one is thinking college. FCAT is irrelevant.

Good. Now she can learn to read cursive.

No really. I hope it steers her in the right direction in life.

Teaching cursive is a controversy right now in education. Schools a disbanding teaching it. They are teaching typing instead.

Keyboarding. I don't know a school that's taught cursive in the last 20 years actually.

:confused: Will this mean that people will now sign their name in plain print?

Weird.

How is fcat irrelevant to Florida teaching and education standards at all?

it is absolutely irrelevant for getting into college. SAT and ACT are. That is what we are talking about.

FCAT is such a lame test a retard can pass it.

Florida doesn't have SAT they have FCAT you get 5 chances to pass it in
HS to graduate. If you don't pass the first (and subsequent) times they put you in FCAT class to teach you how to pass it. With that many chances.... let's do math on hbcu entrance exam.

Good luck Rachel!!

Florida DOES have both SAT and ACT if one is thinking college. FCAT is irrelevant.

Is SAT done in place of ACT or when? Alternate college test?

You can do BOTH and choose whichever is better score.

http://www.actstudent.org/

http://www.collegeboard.org/

A Student Site for ACT Test Takers | ACT Student

College Admissions - SAT - University & College Search Tool

You can also do act as fcat to graduate on summer

But...

My 17 teen year old "adopted" she thinks I'm her other mommy came from SC beautiful smart girl couldn't do it.

So she's back to fcat class and 2 more times to get it. Missed it by a point.

FL funding tests are dumb. They scare them with it all year they show them movies about if you fail.

This is for a different thread and I do not agree. I have reps and pRick on speed dial about education in Florida.

This was Jebs baby. I used to heart Jeb and still do but he fucked our education.

Sorry, I was under the impression she didn't have a high school diploma.

Oh that's right. She doesn't.

"There are only two human races - the race of the decent and the race of the indecent people." Viktor Frankl

Racism has gone so deep into the psyche of Americans that now it has become simply a way of judging another regardless of circumstances. Amazing how a nation that considers itself a just nation and a Christian nation can stoop so low, it fails to see its own racism. Is it any wonder at the outcome of this trial? Or the insane commentary that followed it.

"You start out in 1954 by saying, “******, ******, ******.” By 1968 you can’t say “******” — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states’ rights and all that stuff. You’re getting so abstract now you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a by-product of them is blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I’m not saying that. But I’m saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “******, ******.” Lee Atwater, Republican strategist, 1981, describing the Southern Strategy

"We learn to be racist, therefore we can learn not to be racist. Racism is not genetical. It has everything to do with power." Jane Elliot
Oh. I get it now...So the taxpayers who want less taken from their paychecks, are actually racist. It is in your mind that hatred of other races which is the impetus for the desire to see lower taxes....Unbelievable.
Yes, that's all we have to think about all day is the color of your skin...
AH HA! There is a ( fill in name of minority group) LOWER MY TAXES!!!!!!
I believe you are talking out of your ass.
BTW, there is no such term or word as "genetical"....It's simply "genetic"..

Ame®icano;7562272 said:
That's why the donor said it must be a black school. He knows no real college will take her and if they did, she would flunk out.

If she makes a 10 on the ACT, which can be accomplished by marking the answer to every question 'B', she can get into any TN community college.

Rachel Jeantel stated on a TV interview she has a 3.0 GPA. With that she should be able to pass the SAT and apply to most of schools. So, why has to be HBCU? Is Tom Joyner assuming she could only make it into an historically black university or college? To me it just looks like soft bigotry of the left on full display... :eusa_whistle:

With the ACT and SAT there is no "pass or fail"..Test takers receive a score. That score is used to determine in part whether a candidate is worthy of acceptance to a particular school.
To my knowledge, many traditionally black colleges are highly selective in their student applications. These schools want achievers.

Iinteresting that the offer is only for an HBCU. He knows real colleges would never accept her.

Rachel Jeantel offered college scholarship by radio host Tom Joyner

After watching Piers Morgan's interview Monday with Rachel Jeantel, a key witness in George Zimmerman's trial, radio personality Tom Joyner was so moved that he decided to do something extraordinary. During his Tuesday program, Joyner called Jeantel to express his admiration for her and offer to personally help her attend a historically black college or university. "I will help you get tutors to get you out of high school, tutors to help you pass the SAT and I will give you a full-ride scholarship to any HBCU you'd like," he promised

Racist fuckstick.

Clearly someone saw her ineptness and wanted to help her. Whats the fucking problem? Would you rather she go on the taxpayers dime for the rest of her life? Least now she, unlike so many others, can possibly becomeproductive.

Jackass

Sorry, I was under the impression she didn't have a high school diploma.

Oh that's right. She doesn't.

high school diploma has nothing to do with taking SAT or ACT. when you have your diploma it is highly advisable to be already accepted to college, which means you've taken SAT or ACT at least 8-9 months ago.

You can start taking it in 11 grade.

You're right Jackson. Most parents do expect their kids to go to school, they just expect the school to do everything. To most parents, dropping off the kids at school is liking dropping off clothes at the dry cleaners: they just expect it to be taken care of and to pick it up fully finished. If anything goes wrong, they blame the cleaners. Most American parents are not personally involved with their children's education, as you describe. That's the real problem.

I'm a grandparent and was horrified to find out where my grandson went to middle school the parents actually voted to have the school stop giving homework because they were tired if doing it! This is where the homes are $200-$300,000! How bad is that!

Now thats F'ed up!
And I have to say the parents these days take the side of their kids now days.
Not so when I was a kid. You got your butt lit up again when you got home.
My brother doesnt think twice about pulling his daughter out of school early on a pretty regular basis. When he knows damn good and well that shit wouldnt fly when we were kids.
I have a friend who is a math teacher in a Catholic high school. Many of the student's parents are wealthy or at least upper middle class....She tells me a week does not go by when at least a few parents call her at school to complain about their kid getting too much homework. They complain about grades. She says some parents growl at her or even worse with the mindset that she should give better grades because their kid is getting lower grades in her class than their kid's other classes. And SHE is screwing up their kid's GPA and costing them a shot a good college.
She tells them all the truth. Mostly it's if their kid had done all of the work, performed better on quizzes and tests, they'd get better grades. She even offers all of her students extra help on HER OWN TIME after school to kids not doing well. More often than not, they don't bother.
It's really the parents fault. They tell their kids they are the greatest thing since the invention of perforated paper towels. The kids believe it. And they acquire a sense of entitlement.
Some parents go as far as to call the Principal to complain and urge him to force my friend to change the grades. Of course that is a violation of State law here in NC. She would not do it anyway. She tells them that their kids receive the grades they have earned.

You can also do act as fcat to graduate on summer

But...

My 17 teen year old "adopted" she thinks I'm her other mommy came from SC beautiful smart girl couldn't do it.

So she's back to fcat class and 2 more times to get it. Missed it by a point.

FL funding tests are dumb. They scare them with it all year they show them movies about if you fail.

This is for a different thread and I do not agree. I have reps and pRick on speed dial about education in Florida.

This was Jebs baby. I used to heart Jeb and still do but he fucked our education.

can't disagree more. FCATs are the easiest tests ever invented. Just basic skills.
My son graduated high school last year in Florida and has never had any problem with any FCAT.
I have heard whining about the test but it was never a problem, so I do not know why there are so many people complaining.

If you want to achieve anything in life you will have to be prepared for MCQ questions for as long as you have to pass any exam - and that is what FCAT is.

Forum List

Back