Illiterate Rachel Jeantel says she wants to be a lawyer!!!

Illiterate doesn't mean stupid. There is no reason in the world Ms. Jeantel cannot apply herself and become whatever she wants to be.

HAHAHA. Yeah - she could be a nobel winning physicist or play in the NBA, right? When you're 19 and have been going to school since you were 6 and still can't read, then you are very stupid.

think

Illiterate doesn't mean stupid. There is no reason in the world Ms. Jeantel cannot apply herself and become whatever she wants to be.

HAHAHA. Yeah - she could be a nobel winning physicist or play in the NBA, right? When you're 19 and have been going to school since you were 6 and still can't read, then you are very stupid.

think

What's sadder, a 19 year old girl who's not great at reading...

Or a random adult person who anonymously dedicates a significant portion of his/her day to making fun of teens who can't read well?

Last edited:
A 19 year old girl, still in high school who can neither read nor write is exceptionally sad and a very sad commentary on our entire society.

A 19 year old girl, still in high school who can neither read nor write is exceptionally sad and a very sad commentary on our entire society.

It's pretty clear that Shootspeeder's only objective is to suck up some personal pleasure from bashing the girl who can't read well. He/she has no interest in providing solutions, or fostering a respectful conversation of any sort.

That's truly sad.

It's pretty clear that Shootspeeder's only objective is to suck up some personal pleasure from bashing the girl who can't read well. He/she has no interest in providing solutions, or fostering a respectful conversation of any sort.

That's truly sad.

Whatever the motivation, Shootspeeders is essentially correct. The poor girl is illiterate, she may never be literate enough to read or understand a law book and certainly will never be able to write an exam. Yet, she has so little understanding of the realities of her lack of knowledge, she thinks she could be a lawyer. If that's even true.

That's truly sad.

Whatever the motivation, Shootspeeders is essentially correct. The poor girl is illiterate, she may never be literate enough to read or understand a law book and certainly will never be able to write an exam. Yet, she has so little understanding of the realities of her lack of knowledge, she thinks she could be a lawyer. If that's even true.

I had a schizophrenic patient who wanted to be a doctor. LOL. It was funny, the woman was prostituting herself. The provider before me told her she needed to do something 'honorable.' Next visit she came in wanting to be a doctor.

Funny thing is, though, there are 5 MDs in TN who are schizophrenics and I know 2 of them~!

Nonsense. First off, race and religion is only one factor, a person still has to have a top GPA and LSAT score to get into a good to great school. To go to Northwestern, you have to have close to a 4.0 in undergrad and a top LSAT score, race is only a minor factor.

Going to a decent to shit law school is a waste of money and makes no sense now-a-days.

Second, the bar exam is race and religion neutral. You get no advantages or disadvantages by you race or ethnicity when taking the exam. There is a significant percent of African Americans that fail the exam and a prime bitching point for the race baiters on the test being racial insensitive!

Just because she does not read cursive (which is not taught in today's schools) does not mean that she cannot read or write.

And, as we already know, she speaks three languages.

My question is, why are you nasty ugly racist scum rw's so against this girl going to college? or for that matter, why are you just generally against her?

Fact is, she handled herself pretty well, all things considered.

I come here every few days. A little reading and I can see its just SSDD for you people. All day, every day, the same nasty people are here, filling up posts with their lies, name calling and just plain manure. Why?

You must be the saddest and angriest people on the planet.

Oh well.
Carry on.

op is nothing more than racist bs.

E8EV77v.jpg

Just because she does not read cursive (which is not taught in today's schools) does not mean that she cannot read or write.

My question is, why are you nasty ugly racist scum rw's so against this girl going to college? or for that matter, why are you just generally against her?

I come here every few days. A little reading and I can see its just SSDD for you people. All day, every day, the same nasty people are here, filling up posts with their lies, name calling and just plain manure. Why?

Oh well.
Carry on.

We don't know that she speaks three languages. We know that someone said she speaks three languages. Ordering at Taco Bell does not mean someone is fluent in Spanish. Which is odd, since the official language of Haiti, where her mother is from, is French.

Rachel has a lot of sympathy for her hopeless dreams of actually doing something with her life. If in fact those hopeless dreams are hers and not just attributed to her.

Oh well.
Carry on.

We don't know that she speaks three languages. We know that someone said she speaks three languages. Ordering at Taco Bell does not mean someone is fluent in Spanish. Which is odd, since the official language of Haiti, where her mother is from, is French.

Rachel has a lot of sympathy for her hopeless dreams of actually doing something with her life. If in fact those hopeless dreams are hers and not just attributed to her.
Well, I don't think we can count English as one of the three.

No Katz, the point I was making is that it's sad that an adult person - Shootspeeders - chooses to spend his/her time by going on a random internet forum and bashing a 19 year old for not being able to read well.

He/she offers no solutions to the problems and no constructive criticism; the entire reason for the post is to derive satisfaction from bashing on someone else.

I'm just calling out the absurdity of the situation.

A white person with her skill set would have no chance but she's black and thanks to affirmative action can get into plenty of colleges where affirmative action grading will ensure she passes every course just by showing up. Likewise with the bar exam.

Into The Fire: Rachel Jeantel Tells Radio Host Ricky Smiley She Wants To Be A Lawyer | Mediaite

July 23rd, 2013 VIDEO» comments

One of the more reluctant media figures to emerge from the George Zimmerman trial was 19 year-old Rachel Jeantel, the last person to speak to unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin, aside from the man who killed him. Her contentious exchanges with defense attorney Don West sparked conversations about cultural differences, and the way many in the media reacted to them. Jeantel’s unpleasant experience in the courtroom hasn’t scarred her too deeply, however, as she told radio host Ricky Smiley, last week, that she aspires to become an attorney.

ES: So Rachel, in that, what, what, because, in one of the interviews last night I saw that, uh, they were talking about, of course, the past year and a half of your life has been a whirlwind. You have not yet completed high school but you want to do that so that you can go to college, correct?
RJ: Yes, I am.
ES: And what do you want to major in?
RJ: Law enforcement. Or I’ve been thinking about an attorney, becoming an attorney. You never know.

Fuck, Obama is, so why not?

I'm not saying she will become a Lawyer but at the same time not all Lawyers are exactly geniuses either, just saying.

No Katz, the point I was making is that it's sad that an adult person - Shootspeeders - chooses to spend his/her time by going on a random internet forum and bashing a 19 year old for not being able to read well.

He/she offers no solutions to the problems and no constructive criticism; the entire reason for the post is to derive satisfaction from bashing on someone else.

This is a discussion group. That's what we do, discuss. Some do it well some not so well. Jeantel's not being able to read or write is only part of her problem. She thinks she can! That's where the crux of the difficulty lies. That's the saddest part. She has a 3.0 GPA in her high school, and she's 19 for that. If Rachel Jeantel decides that she really does want to advance, she will never know why she can't. The weight of her educational disability will descend like a brick thrown from a ten story building. She will continue to believe herself capable and something else is interfering.

Sadder yet, is that these kinds of problems faced by young people like Rachel Jeantel are repeated in the millions every day. That certainly deserves discussion.

This is a discussion group. That's what we do, discuss. Some do it well some not so well. Jeantel's not being able to read or write is only part of her problem. She thinks she can! That's where the crux of the difficulty lies. That's the saddest part. She has a 3.0 GPA in her high school, and she's 19 for that. If Rachel Jeantel decides that she really does want to advance, she will never know why she can't. The weight of her educational disability will descend like a brick thrown from a ten story building. She will continue to believe herself capable and something else is interfering.

Sadder yet, is that these kinds of problems faced by young people like Rachel Jeantel are repeated in the millions every day. That certainly deserves discussion.

It is a discussion group, and I believe I'm free to speak on the quality of the discussion, right?

Anyways, had enough and will be moving on. You guys keep at it.

I know the girl is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but wasn't she texting and using a cell phone during the court proceedings? how do you do that if you are illiterate?

Rachel-Jeantel-Caption-6-600x389.jpg

She struck me as racist and a liar ("I heard wet grass") and about as dense and vacuous as they come while still having anything beyond mere motor-control capabilities.

I don't wish her any particular ill-will and she can have her 15 Minutes of Fame for all I care but I sure-as-hell wouldn't want a creature like that representing ME in a court of law on some future date... yikes!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back