I’m a 21st Century American, I’m a Liberal, and I’m Armed.

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
I say that I’m armed because I carry a Ruger 9C loaded with eight to fifteen rounds of hollow point ammunition in a quick-release holster concealed under my shirt pretty much everywhere I go.

The People of The Great State of Florida have done a background check on me and decided that it’s ok for me to carry a concealed fire-arm. In return I have promised to understand and follow the rules for doing so when I carry.

I’m armed because I can be. I live in a world where needing to defend myself by shooting and possibly killing a “bad guy with a gun” is an everyday possibility, so I’m armed because I can be.

I’m a Liberal. I carry not because I’m afraid and live in fear that every step I take brings me closer to the inevitable use of my weapon. I carry because I can. I’m optimistic and hopeful that I’ll never have to reveal what I keep concealed, I carry because I can. I have permission from my government and I believe that I understand the responsibility. And by ‘my government’ from which I sought and obtained permission, I mean The United States Constitution in theory, and The People of The Great State of Florida in practice.

What IS the U.S. Constitution but the documentation of and blueprint for a form government? :dunno:

I’m a Liberal in the modern sense because I believe that it is the responsibility of We, The People to educate our collective spawn and I believe that The People of any given county in this country are capable of figuring out what kind workforce and dreamers will be needed in both their region and the world going forward, and I trust We, The Peeps to build the schools and employ the staff to accomplish the task cheaper and better than any for-profit organization possibly could, ass-u-me-ing a fair and simple tax code levied against the commerce that will profit from an educated work force.

I’m a liberal in the classic sense because, like Thomas Jefferson and other self described liberals whose minds remain influential even to our point on the Timeline, I understand how the word was coined by men and women seeking liberty from various European systems of ‘government’ where control of a regions resources, both natural and human, was taken violently by the rich assholes who could afford to create extremely profitable ‘armies’ by placating the adventurous, the desperate, and various murderous psychopaths in their community with well-paying jobs and immunity.

Liberty. A sweet dream of living, evolving Monkeys who were sick-and-fucking tired of pursuing their happiness in a world where the families, and all of the psychotic baggage that ‘families’ connotes, who controlled the most resources were able to pretty much take whatever they wanted to. Monkeys so desperate for liberty… forced violently into the hope that their daughters would be born ugly, because the rich assholes who thought they owned everything tended to like the pretty ones.

There’s a not-so-old saying that God made Monkeys in His own image, but Sam Colt made Monkeys equal. (Modernized and paraphrased to take advantage of an opportunity to express my humble Monkey opinion about both religion and evolution I realize, but there you have it.)

I’m armed because I like guns. I like my guns. That’s right… as in more than one gun. I like having a permit to carry guns with me in public. The common sense understanding seems simple enough: as long as I keep them out of sight and understand legally that the right to carry a firearm is NOT the same as the right to use it…. that use is behavior that falls under a whole other set of rules and regulations, also enforced by threat of incarceration in a genuine American prison. The only way of stopping a bad guy with a gun may very well be a good guy with a gun, but the key difference between a good guy with a gun and a bad guy with a gun is just a decision to draw a weapon. Understanding your responsibility in deciding if the situation you find yourself in truly is a ‘bad-guy with a gun’ scenario is just as important as the gun you buy, the critical defense ammo you use, and the holster you practice with.

I’m armed because, while living my short Monkey life on this wet rock in space, I choose to live it under The Constitution of The United States and my right to own as many weapons as I care to collect is guaranteed, but as a liberal, I also understand it if the rest of y’all think it might not be a good idea for me or anyone else to be able to go to a gun-show and score a thermonuclear device or an aircraft carrier.

I say that I’m armed because I carry a Ruger 9C loaded with eight to fifteen rounds of hollow point ammunition in a quick-release holster concealed under my shirt pretty much everywhere I go.

The People of The Great State of Florida have done a background check on me and decided that it’s ok for me to carry a concealed fire-arm. In return I have promised to understand and follow the rules for doing so when I carry.

I’m armed because I can be. I live in a world where needing to defend myself by shooting and possibly killing a “bad guy with a gun” is an everyday possibility, so I’m armed because I can be.

I’m a Liberal. I carry not because I’m afraid and live in fear that every step I take brings me closer to the inevitable use of my weapon. I carry because I can. I’m optimistic and hopeful that I’ll never have to reveal what I keep concealed, I carry because I can. I have permission from my government and I believe that I understand the responsibility. And by ‘my government’ from which I sought and obtained permission, I mean The United States Constitution in theory, and The People of The Great State of Florida in practice.

What IS the U.S. Constitution but the documentation of and blueprint for a form government? :dunno:

That will end not long after Hillary gets elected.

Me?

The only reason I can think of to take a gun from you is if there was something else of value or money involved and we both thought it was a good trade.

Me?

The only reason I can think of to take a gun from you is if there was something else of value or money involved and we both thought it was a good trade.

You actions don't match your words however.....forgive me for being confused, I was just speaking with a few Obama voters here in DC who wanted to,take my guns.....

Bullshit!

She does not have the political capital to pass the kind of legislation required to compel us to turn in our hand guns and rifles.

She MIGHT get legislation delaying purchases of weapons and bulk ammo by folks who're on the no-fly lists, but I wouldn't make a bet on that horse.

I will however, bet you a dollar that the guns that you and I have in our homes would survive a pair of Hillary administrations just as surely as our guns survived eight years of President Obama.

It cracks me up how fragile some of y'all must think that The Second Amendment must be.

You won't be welcome at the Republican Convention in a couple weeks. They are in a gun-free zone. They don't believe in the 'good guy with a gun' theory. They want to disarm all their delegates or else they would have made sure they held their convention in a venue that allowed concealed carry. Damn Republican gun grabbers!

Bullshit!

She does not have the political capital to pass the kind of legislation required to compel us to turn in our hand guns and rifles.

She MIGHT get legislation delaying purchases of weapons and bulk ammo by folks who're on the no-fly lists, but I wouldn't make a bet on that horse.

I will however, bet you a dollar that the guns that you and I have in our homes would survive a pair of Hillary administrations just as surely as our guns survived eight years of President Obama.

It cracks me up how fragile some of y'all must think that The Second Amendment must be.

She will appoint a couple of leftwing justices to the Supreme Court and then issue an EO vastly curtailing our 2nd Amendment rights.

Bullshit!

Gee all we have to go is the words coming out of elected libs mouthes......maybe you should open your ears.......2nd Amendment is only as strong as those upholding it....electing those who wish to do away with it is a serious threat......

A compelling question before we begin....

Did you vote Obama?

Twice.

Commie pinko. :mad:

There was no viable choice...

George W. Bush proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that his father was right and Trickle Down Economics is Voodoo Economics.

That shit don't work.

If the republicans want to entertain my vote again, they need to change the fucking message.

I don't work for a poor man....so....

And our message is just fine....stand up and walk of the fucking democrat plantation....we opened the gates decades ago......

Me?

You actions don't match your words however.....forgive me for being confused, I was just speaking with a few Obama voters here in DC who wanted to,take my guns.....

So the lesson there would be to understand that neither the left or the right has a monopoly on extremism.

I do NOT see those voices growing loud enough to cause the legislation required to take away any weapons already sold.

I agree with denying weapons to people who find themselves on a no-fly list, and I think state issued gun licenses is a good idea, but I don't see legislation for the latter getting any traction in the next 12 years. If the former gets discussed and/or passed, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

P.S. - What actions don't match my words? :dunno:

Me?

So the lesson there would be to understand that neither the left or the right has a monopoly on extremism.

I do NOT see those voices growing loud enough to cause the legislation required to take away any weapons already sold.

I agree with denying weapons to people who find themselves on a no-fly list, and I think state issued gun licenses is a good idea, but I don't see legislation for the latter getting any traction in the next 12 years. If the former gets discussed and/or passed, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

P.S. - What actions don't match my words? :dunno:

Voting Obama.....

A compelling question before we begin....

Did you vote Obama?

Twice.

Commie pinko. :mad:

There was no viable choice...

George W. Bush proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that his father was right and Trickle Down Economics is Voodoo Economics.

That shit don't work.

If the republicans want to entertain my vote again, they need to change the fucking message.

I don't work for a poor man....so....

And our message is just fine....stand up and walk of the fucking democrat plantation....we opened the gates decades ago......

Dude, if the republican message was "fine", Trump would be a footnote joke in election history and Bush and Rubio would be pulling muscles patting themselves on the back about now.

Forum List

Back