I’m a 21st Century American, I’m a Liberal, and I’m Armed.

I’m armed because, while living my short Monkey life on this wet rock in space, I choose to live it under The Constitution of The United States and my right to own as many weapons as I care to collect is guaranteed, but as a liberal, I also understand it if the rest of y’all think it might not be a good idea for me or anyone else to be able to go to a gun-show and score a thermonuclear device or an aircraft carrier.

That and Florida is full of nuts.

The answer to the American Gun Tragedy is twofold:

1. Gun owners maintaining state issued licenses to be in possession of a firearm... with criminal culpability a possible outcome if you put a weapon in the hands of anyone not in possession of a license - even in a private sale to uncle Teddy.

2. Codify on a national level two lists.

One of firearms that the general public can have access to - I'd pay genuine U$ Currency to some American entrepreneur for 3 shots at blowing something up with a bazooka in a controlled and insured environment, but I don't think anyone should be able to keep a bazooka in their closet.

The second of course would be a list of weapons that the general public can collect.
Will there be voices demanding that both lists be very short and boring? Just as sure as there are extremist voices bitching that their second amendment permissions are already being violated because the FBI won't let them have a bazooka in their closet. For democracy in this republic to survive and thrive the moderate voices need to begin to negotiate in earnest and drag the extremists from both sides in to The 21st Century, kicking and screaming like little girls all along the way if necessary.

The majority of Americans will NEVER stand for a denial of access to and ownership of firearms AND the majority of Americans want The American Gun Tragedy to start looking more like history and less like news. Democracy wasn't completely gelded by the Republican victory in The American Civil War... A big enough majority will eventually push even a powerful and entrenched republic.

The answer is twofold.

One do you plan on repealing the 2nd Amendment?

Good luck with that.

Regulation of the gun industry has a LOT of leeway within the confines of The Second Amendment.

As has been mentioned, we already have legislation on the books which allows The FBI to hand you your worst day ever if they catch you with a surface-to-air missile or a nuke.

The fact of the lists is already precedent set - negotiating them in earnest is just one pipe-dream of this AVG-JOE when I consider my political fantasies.

I say that I’m armed because I carry a Ruger 9C loaded with eight to fifteen rounds of hollow point ammunition in a quick-release holster concealed under my shirt pretty much everywhere I go.

The People of The Great State of Florida have done a background check on me and decided that it’s ok for me to carry a concealed fire-arm. In return I have promised to understand and follow the rules for doing so when I carry.

I’m armed because I can be. I live in a world where needing to defend myself by shooting and possibly killing a “bad guy with a gun” is an everyday possibility, so I’m armed because I can be.

I’m a Liberal. I carry not because I’m afraid and live in fear that every step I take brings me closer to the inevitable use of my weapon. I carry because I can. I’m optimistic and hopeful that I’ll never have to reveal what I keep concealed, I carry because I can. I have permission from my government and I believe that I understand the responsibility. And by ‘my government’ from which I sought and obtained permission, I mean The United States Constitution in theory, and The People of The Great State of Florida in practice.

What IS the U.S. Constitution but the documentation of and blueprint for a form government? :dunno:

I"m conservative and I don't ask permission from My government to exercise My rights.

And yet you have it. Implied or expressed, as long as you follow the rules you'll still be able to exercise those rights. Fuck up and you lose those rights, ass-u-me-ing you fuck up bad enough. The fact that you're not posting from prison is testament to your basic understanding of the permissions that you have from your government.

The good news: With a government of, by and for The People, in theory at least, what you have is permission from yourself.

`
ROFL! Another lib who doesn't understand what a right is. You don't ask the government for permission to exercise a right. You don't need a license, and you don't have a long list of rules to follow.

Your attitude is utterly servile. You will make a good servant of the police state.

I guess it's just a good thing your common sense keeps you out of jail, because I guarantee that you make choices and you don't do and get everything that you want.

Grow the fuck up and learn to understand your relationship and your responsibility in a democracy to your community and to your government.

To the OP I say, if indeed gun ownership is really REALLY important to you, I predict your days of calling yourself a "liberal" are numbered.

You wouldn't say that if you understood where the word came from and what lay at the roots of the concepts behind liberalism.

You ever hear of the word 'liberty'?

Yes....Liberty is what Obama destroyed....why?

1. Gun owners maintaining state issued licenses to be in possession of a firearm... with criminal culpability a possible outcome if you put a weapon in the hands of anyone not in possession of a license - even in a private sale to uncle Teddy.

One of firearms that the general public can have access to - I'd pay genuine U$ Currency to some American entrepreneur for 3 shots at blowing something up with a bazooka in a controlled and insured environment, but I don't think anyone should be able to keep a bazooka in their closet.

The second of course would be a list of weapons that the general public can collect.
Will there be voices demanding that both lists be very short and boring? Just as sure as there are extremist voices bitching that their second amendment permissions are already being violated because the FBI won't let them have a bazooka in their closet. For democracy in this republic to survive and thrive the moderate voices need to begin to negotiate in earnest and drag the extremists from both sides in to The 21st Century, kicking and screaming like little girls all along the way if necessary.

The majority of Americans will NEVER stand for a denial of access to and ownership of firearms AND the majority of Americans want The American Gun Tragedy to start looking more like history and less like news. Democracy wasn't completely gelded by the Republican victory in The American Civil War... A big enough majority will eventually push even a powerful and entrenched republic.

The answer is twofold.

Good luck with that.

Regulation of the gun industry has a LOT of leeway within the confines of The Second Amendment.

As has been mentioned, we already have legislation on the books which allows The FBI to hand you your worst day ever if they catch you with a surface-to-air missile or a nuke.

The fact of the lists is already precedent set - negotiating them in earnest is just one pipe-dream of this AVG-JOE when I consider my political fantasies.

Pure gun grabber horseshit. The fact that the government has been steadily making inroads on the 2nd Amendment only proves that government has been steadily making inroads on the 2nd Amendment. There are no lists you can be put on that revoke your 2nd Amendment rights. Only a conviction in a court of law can do that.

Your claim that you support gun rights is laughable. You've redefined them to the point where they are meaningless.

Last edited:
I say that I’m armed because I carry a Ruger 9C loaded with eight to fifteen rounds of hollow point ammunition in a quick-release holster concealed under my shirt pretty much everywhere I go.

The People of The Great State of Florida have done a background check on me and decided that it’s ok for me to carry a concealed fire-arm. In return I have promised to understand and follow the rules for doing so when I carry.

I’m armed because I can be. I live in a world where needing to defend myself by shooting and possibly killing a “bad guy with a gun” is an everyday possibility, so I’m armed because I can be.

I’m a Liberal. I carry not because I’m afraid and live in fear that every step I take brings me closer to the inevitable use of my weapon. I carry because I can. I’m optimistic and hopeful that I’ll never have to reveal what I keep concealed, I carry because I can. I have permission from my government and I believe that I understand the responsibility. And by ‘my government’ from which I sought and obtained permission, I mean The United States Constitution in theory, and The People of The Great State of Florida in practice.

What IS the U.S. Constitution but the documentation of and blueprint for a form government? :dunno:

I"m conservative and I don't ask permission from My government to exercise My rights.

And yet you have it. Implied or expressed, as long as you follow the rules you'll still be able to exercise those rights. Fuck up and you lose those rights, ass-u-me-ing you fuck up bad enough. The fact that you're not posting from prison is testament to your basic understanding of the permissions that you have from your government.

The good news: With a government of, by and for The People, in theory at least, what you have is permission from yourself.

`
ROFL! Another lib who doesn't understand what a right is. You don't ask the government for permission to exercise a right. You don't need a license, and you don't have a long list of rules to follow.

Your attitude is utterly servile. You will make a good servant of the police state.

I guess it's just a good thing your common sense keeps you out of jail, because I guarantee that you make choices and you don't do and get everything that you want.

Grow the fuck up and learn to understand your relationship and your responsibility in a democracy to your community and to your government.

Thanks for advising me to stay our of jail. I don't know what I would have done without you to steer me true.

I have no responsibility to the government or the community. None.

You won't be welcome at the Republican Convention in a couple weeks. They are in a gun-free zone. They don't believe in the 'good guy with a gun' theory. They want to disarm all their delegates or else they would have made sure they held their convention in a venue that allowed concealed carry. Damn Republican gun grabbers!

I won't be welcome at The Republican Convention for a LOT of reasons.

:eusa_whistle:

`

You won't be welcome at the Republican Convention in a couple weeks. They are in a gun-free zone. They don't believe in the 'good guy with a gun' theory. They want to disarm all their delegates or else they would have made sure they held their convention in a venue that allowed concealed carry. Damn Republican gun grabbers!

`
Only one I can see is that you're a liberal.....if the disease has not progressed too far, your choice can be reversed....

The answer is twofold.

Good luck with that.

Pure gun grabber horseshit. The fact that the government has been steadily making inroads on the 2nd Amendment only proves that government has been steadily making inroads on the 2nd Amendment. There are no lists you can be put on the revoke your 2nd Amendment rights. Only a conviction in a court of law can do that.

Your claim that you support gun rights is laughable. You've redefined them to the point where they are meaningless.

And none of that changes the fact that you can't buy a surface-to-air missile, no matter how many dimes you save in a jar.

The fact of the lists is reality.

The answer is twofold.

Good luck with that.

Pure gun grabber horseshit. The fact that the government has been steadily making inroads on the 2nd Amendment only proves that government has been steadily making inroads on the 2nd Amendment. There are no lists you can be put on the revoke your 2nd Amendment rights. Only a conviction in a court of law can do that.

And none of that changes the fact that you can't buy a surface-to-air missile, no matter how many dimes you save in a jar.

Fascists make lists....

`
Only one I can see is that you're a liberal.....if the disease has not progressed too far, your choice can be reversed....

Trump emerges from Republican gut...

The answer is twofold.

Good luck with that.

Surface to air missiles are owned by the U.S. government. Even if it were legal you couldn't buy one. Whenever the discussion turns to regulations on gun ownership, the gun grabbers immediately go to nuclear weapons.

`

Thanks for advising me to stay our of jail. I don't know what I would have done without you to steer me true.

Then you don't know what you're missing... most members of communities in America have access to stuff like safe water, stable electric power and groceries.

It's pretty cool! :thup:

`

Then you don't know what you're missing... most members of communities in America have access to stuff like safe water, stable electric power and groceries.

What does that have to do with my imaginary obligation to the community or the government?

`

Thank a conservative.....

`

I have access to all of that and the government isn't involved in any of it.

I know you're trying to make a point, but unless you can speak directly to government providing clean, safe water, stable electric power, and groceries, you may want to rethink your stance.

Paying private citizens for goods and services has nothing to do with government. Its called a private contract.

The answer is twofold.

Good luck with that.

Surface to air missiles are owned by the U.S. government. Even if it were legal you couldn't buy one. Whenever the discussion turns to regulations on gun ownership, the gun grabbers immediately go to nuclear weapons.

In practice, the fact of the matter remains: Somewhere between sling-shots and thermonuclear bombs is a list of weapons that would be appropriate for the general public to have access to for ownership.

Founders wanted the center of power to rest with state and local government not the fed. Why GOP controls 2/3rds of state legislatures. When you get outside the walls of Versailles (Washington D.C.) and close your ears to liberal media...then you have some idea what people at grassroots are thinking.

Good luck with that.

In practice, the fact of the matter remains: Somewhere between sling-shots and thermonuclear bombs is a list of weapons that would be appropriate for the general public to have access to for ownership.
Then why the fuck did you vote for Obama twice?

Forum List

Back