I’m a 21st Century American, I’m a Liberal, and I’m Armed.

I say that I’m armed because I carry a Ruger 9C loaded with eight to fifteen rounds of hollow point ammunition in a quick-release holster concealed under my shirt pretty much everywhere I go.

The People of The Great State of Florida have done a background check on me and decided that it’s ok for me to carry a concealed fire-arm. In return I have promised to understand and follow the rules for doing so when I carry.

I’m armed because I can be. I live in a world where needing to defend myself by shooting and possibly killing a “bad guy with a gun” is an everyday possibility, so I’m armed because I can be.

I’m a Liberal. I carry not because I’m afraid and live in fear that every step I take brings me closer to the inevitable use of my weapon. I carry because I can. I’m optimistic and hopeful that I’ll never have to reveal what I keep concealed, I carry because I can. I have permission from my government and I believe that I understand the responsibility. And by ‘my government’ from which I sought and obtained permission, I mean The United States Constitution in theory, and The People of The Great State of Florida in practice.

What IS the U.S. Constitution but the documentation of and blueprint for a form government? :dunno:

Gee...good for you. So tell me - how do you feel about your "brethren" trying to take your rights from you? And where the hell did you ever get the stupid idea that you "needed permission" to carry? All your bluster means nothing to me. You have a RIGHT to carry given to you by our founders.

You are fooling no one here.

I say that I’m armed because I carry a Ruger 9C loaded with eight to fifteen rounds of hollow point ammunition in a quick-release holster concealed under my shirt pretty much everywhere I go.

The People of The Great State of Florida have done a background check on me and decided that it’s ok for me to carry a concealed fire-arm. In return I have promised to understand and follow the rules for doing so when I carry.

I’m armed because I can be. I live in a world where needing to defend myself by shooting and possibly killing a “bad guy with a gun” is an everyday possibility, so I’m armed because I can be.

I’m a Liberal. I carry not because I’m afraid and live in fear that every step I take brings me closer to the inevitable use of my weapon. I carry because I can. I’m optimistic and hopeful that I’ll never have to reveal what I keep concealed, I carry because I can. I have permission from my government and I believe that I understand the responsibility. And by ‘my government’ from which I sought and obtained permission, I mean The United States Constitution in theory, and The People of The Great State of Florida in practice.

What IS the U.S. Constitution but the documentation of and blueprint for a form government? :dunno:

Gee...good for you. So tell me - how do you feel about your "brethren" trying to take your rights from you? And where the hell did you ever get the stupid idea that you "needed permission" to carry? All your bluster means nothing to me. You have a RIGHT to carry given to you by our founders.

Again Colonel Flagg cuts right to the heart of the matter.

And yet you have it. Implied or expressed, as long as you follow the rules you'll still be able to exercise those rights. Fuck up and you lose those rights, ass-u-me-ing you fuck up bad enough. The fact that you're not posting from prison is testament to your basic understanding of the permissions that you have from your government.

The good news: With a government of, by and for The People, in theory at least, what you have is permission from yourself.

`
ROFL! Another lib who doesn't understand what a right is. You don't ask the government for permission to exercise a right. You don't need a license, and you don't have a long list of rules to follow.

Your attitude is utterly servile. You will make a good servant of the police state.

I guess it's just a good thing your common sense keeps you out of jail, because I guarantee that you make choices and you don't do and get everything that you want.

Grow the fuck up and learn to understand your relationship and your responsibility in a democracy to your community and to your government.

Thanks for advising me to stay our of jail. I don't know what I would have done without you to steer me true.

I have no responsibility to the government or the community. None.

Then you don't know what you're missing... most members of communities in America have access to stuff like safe water, stable electric power and groceries.

It's pretty cool! :thup:
I have access to all of that and the government isn't involved in any of it.

I know you're trying to make a point, but unless you can speak directly to government providing clean, safe water, stable electric power, and groceries, you may want to rethink your stance.

Paying private citizens for goods and services has nothing to do with government. Its called a private contract.

The fact of delivery for water and power being a combination of private and municipal enterprises in this country notwithstanding, government can be directly thanked for consistency and stability in power and water and safety in all three.

The basic point being that "Government", as embodied in The US Constitution makes, among other things, your private contracts possible.

To the OP I say, if indeed gun ownership is really REALLY important to you, I predict your days of calling yourself a "liberal" are numbered.

You wouldn't say that if you understood where the word came from and what lay at the roots of the concepts behind liberalism.

You ever hear of the word 'liberty'?

Those days are over, today liberalism means an ever expanding government filled with regulations, laws and rules. In the case of the Second Amendment, TODAY, those that place it as a revered right would likely not be a liberal or a member of the Dimocrat party.

There's this right Wing fallacy that gun control = gun bans .

Just like Joe, a liberal and armed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

armed-dangerous-and-liberal-battaile-politics-1363596821.jpg

Your buddy, Matt Damon (piece of shit) just told the news media in Australia that he "wished we would do in America, what they did in Australia". Perfect fucking Liberal shit-head. Make your damned living off of guns in movies then talk shit.

ROFL! Another lib who doesn't understand what a right is. You don't ask the government for permission to exercise a right. You don't need a license, and you don't have a long list of rules to follow.

Your attitude is utterly servile. You will make a good servant of the police state.

I guess it's just a good thing your common sense keeps you out of jail, because I guarantee that you make choices and you don't do and get everything that you want.

Grow the fuck up and learn to understand your relationship and your responsibility in a democracy to your community and to your government.

Thanks for advising me to stay our of jail. I don't know what I would have done without you to steer me true.

Then you don't know what you're missing... most members of communities in America have access to stuff like safe water, stable electric power and groceries.

I know you're trying to make a point, but unless you can speak directly to government providing clean, safe water, stable electric power, and groceries, you may want to rethink your stance.

Paying private citizens for goods and services has nothing to do with government. Its called a private contract.

The fact of delivery for water and power being a combination of private and municipal enterprises in this country notwithstanding, government can be directly thanked for consistency and stability in power and water and safety in all three.

The basic point being that "Government", as embodied in The US Constitution makes, among other things, your private contracts possible.

Government deserves none of the credit for providing power, water or safety. All it did is muscle in an industry that private companies were already supplying.

Government deserves none of the credit for providing power, water or safety. All it did is muscle in an industry that private companies were already supplying.

BINGO. Turn the "people" loose and they will take care of themselves ALA Henry Ford. Of course, to liberals - "he didn't build that".

Your buddy, Matt Damon (piece of shit) just told the news media in Australia that he "wished we would do in America, what they did in Australia". Perfect fucking Liberal shit-head. Make your damned living off of guns in movies then talk shit.

How has he made a living off of guns ?? That's so stupid .

Our founders are dead and buried. I look to the FBI and The Marines, among others, to protect my right to keep and carry guns.

If having a concealed carry permit is a stupid waste of time, why does it take up to 6 months to get a license processed? It's certainly a popular stupid waste of time.

Of course it does. The gun control fanatics have a long list of guns they want to ban. The reality is they want to ban all of them, but they won't admit that at this point.

So then impress Me with your knowledge of our system of government and tell Me why it is that the Federal Branch of government is even involved in things like the deliverance of power and water when in fact, that is not their function in our system.

You miss the point however. I do not rely upon either city or private to provide Myself with water or electricity. I have made bargains and conducted business with people who manufacture equipment that provides Me with power, and I get water from a well on My property. The plumbing is all mine.

It is NOT the government that should be thanked for the consistency and stability in our society, but the entrepreneur who is willing to risk everything to chase a dream and provide tangible trade with others in their community.

Dream on Francis . No way a private company can do it on its own. They need gov help . How else could you afford to run power lines everywhere ? Build dams and power plAnts ??

Our founders are dead and buried. I look to the FBI and The Marines, among others, to protect my right to keep and carry guns.

If having a concealed carry permit is a stupid waste of time, why does it take up to 6 months to get a license processed? It's certainly a popular stupid waste of time.

Jesus Christ. I got my CCW in three days. Where the hell do you live? The Kremlin? Again, I only got mine because I am a law abiding citizen. Folks in the inner cities carry guns every day without "getting permission" to do so, just ask anyone in Chicago.

So then impress Me with your knowledge of our system of government and tell Me why it is that the Federal Branch of government is even involved in things like the deliverance of power and water when in fact, that is not their function in our system.

You miss the point however. I do not rely upon either city or private to provide Myself with water or electricity. I have made bargains and conducted business with people who manufacture equipment that provides Me with power, and I get water from a well on My property. The plumbing is all mine.

It is NOT the government that should be thanked for the consistency and stability in our society, but the entrepreneur who is willing to risk everything to chase a dream and provide tangible trade with others in their community.

Two words : Hoover dam!

Regulation of the gun industry has a LOT of leeway within the confines of The Second Amendment.

As has been mentioned, we already have legislation on the books which allows The FBI to hand you your worst day ever if they catch you with a surface-to-air missile or a nuke.

The fact of the lists is already precedent set - negotiating them in earnest is just one pipe-dream of this AVG-JOE when I consider my political fantasies.

Pure gun grabber horseshit. The fact that the government has been steadily making inroads on the 2nd Amendment only proves that government has been steadily making inroads on the 2nd Amendment. There are no lists you can be put on the revoke your 2nd Amendment rights. Only a conviction in a court of law can do that.

Your claim that you support gun rights is laughable. You've redefined them to the point where they are meaningless.

And none of that changes the fact that you can't buy a surface-to-air missile, no matter how many dimes you save in a jar.

The fact of the lists is reality.

Surface to air missiles are owned by the U.S. government. Even if it were legal you couldn't buy one. Whenever the discussion turns to regulations on gun ownership, the gun grabbers immediately go to nuclear weapons.

In practice, the fact of the matter remains: Somewhere between sling-shots and thermonuclear bombs is a list of weapons that would be appropriate for the general public to have access to for ownership.
Then why the fuck did you vote for Obama twice?

The choices available. How does that apply to the conversation quoted?

Dream on Francis . No way a private company can do it on its own. They need gov help . How else could you afford to run power lines everywhere ? Build dams and power plAnts ??

Bullshit. A private company supplied my parents home with water and sewer. Power is all provided by private companies, not the government.

Forum List

Back