I’m a 21st Century American, I’m a Liberal, and I’m Armed.

Me?

The only reason I can think of to take a gun from you is if there was something else of value or money involved and we both thought it was a good trade.

You actions don't match your words however.....forgive me for being confused, I was just speaking with a few Obama voters here in DC who wanted to,take my guns.....

So the lesson there would be to understand that neither the left or the right has a monopoly on extremism.

I do NOT see those voices growing loud enough to cause the legislation required to take away any weapons already sold.

I agree with denying weapons to people who find themselves on a no-fly list, and I think state issued gun licenses is a good idea, but I don't see legislation for the latter getting any traction in the next 12 years. If the former gets discussed and/or passed, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

P.S. - What actions don't match my words? :dunno:

Voting Obama.....

That's goofy, Bro'. As I said, voting for a particular candidate does not equate to adopting all of the extremist viewpoints from his party. Especially in this era of just two viable parties.

A compelling question before we begin....

Did you vote Obama?

Twice.

Commie pinko. :mad:

There was no viable choice...

George W. Bush proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that his father was right and Trickle Down Economics is Voodoo Economics.

That shit don't work.

If the republicans want to entertain my vote again, they need to change the fucking message.

I don't work for a poor man....so....

And our message is just fine....stand up and walk of the fucking democrat plantation....we opened the gates decades ago......

Dude, if the republican message was "fine", Trump would be a footnote joke in election history and Bush and Rubio would be pulling muscles patting themselves on the back about now.

No, the GOP message sucks....and we are working on that...did you happen to notice Trump?

Me?

The only reason I can think of to take a gun from you is if there was something else of value or money involved and we both thought it was a good trade.

You actions don't match your words however.....forgive me for being confused, I was just speaking with a few Obama voters here in DC who wanted to,take my guns.....

So the lesson there would be to understand that neither the left or the right has a monopoly on extremism.

I do NOT see those voices growing loud enough to cause the legislation required to take away any weapons already sold.

I agree with denying weapons to people who find themselves on a no-fly list, and I think state issued gun licenses is a good idea, but I don't see legislation for the latter getting any traction in the next 12 years. If the former gets discussed and/or passed, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Voting Obama.....

That's goofy, Bro'. As I said, voting for a particular candidate does not equate to adopting all of the extremist viewpoints from his party. Especially in this era of just two viable parties.

No....I am concerned about you people who vote for fascists whose end game is disarming me.....

You need to stand for something, or without a gun, they will make you fall for anything.....

I say that I’m armed because I carry a Ruger 9C loaded with eight to fifteen rounds of hollow point ammunition in a quick-release holster concealed under my shirt pretty much everywhere I go.

The People of The Great State of Florida have done a background check on me and decided that it’s ok for me to carry a concealed fire-arm. In return I have promised to understand and follow the rules for doing so when I carry.

I’m armed because I can be. I live in a world where needing to defend myself by shooting and possibly killing a “bad guy with a gun” is an everyday possibility, so I’m armed because I can be.

I’m a Liberal. I carry not because I’m afraid and live in fear that every step I take brings me closer to the inevitable use of my weapon. I carry because I can. I’m optimistic and hopeful that I’ll never have to reveal what I keep concealed, I carry because I can. I have permission from my government and I believe that I understand the responsibility. And by ‘my government’ from which I sought and obtained permission, I mean The United States Constitution in theory, and The People of The Great State of Florida in practice.

What IS the U.S. Constitution but the documentation of and blueprint for a form government? :dunno:

That will end not long after Hillary gets elected.

Bullshit!

She does not have the political capital to pass the kind of legislation required to compel us to turn in our hand guns and rifles.

She MIGHT get legislation delaying purchases of weapons and bulk ammo by folks who're on the no-fly lists, but I wouldn't make a bet on that horse.

I will however, bet you a dollar that the guns that you and I have in our homes would survive a pair of Hillary administrations just as surely as our guns survived eight years of President Obama.

It cracks me up how fragile some of y'all must think that The Second Amendment must be.

She will appoint a couple of leftwing justices to the Supreme Court and then issue an EO vastly curtailing our 2nd Amendment rights.

You'll excuse me if I look to my own crystal balls rather than yours when I ponder the future, eh?

:popcorn: At least it should be entertaining....​

Me?

Voting Obama.....

No....I am concerned about you people who vote for fascists whose end game is disarming me.....

You need to stand for something, or without a gun, they will make you fall for anything.....

Nice job of labeling and generalizing. That and $4 will get you a tasty beverage at $tarbucks.

George W. Bush proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that his father was right and Trickle Down Economics is Voodoo Economics.

That shit don't work.

If the republicans want to entertain my vote again, they need to change the fucking message.

And our message is just fine....stand up and walk of the fucking democrat plantation....we opened the gates decades ago......

Dude, if the republican message was "fine", Trump would be a footnote joke in election history and Bush and Rubio would be pulling muscles patting themselves on the back about now.

No, the GOP message sucks....and we are working on that...did you happen to notice Trump?

Did I happen to notice Trump what?

Commie pinko. :mad:

That shit don't work.

Did I happen to notice Trump what?

Changing the message......

So far the only thing I've noticed about Mr. Trump is his ability to label things and people and his ability to boast outlandishly.

I'm looking forward to the convention. Both of them, actually.

I say that I’m armed because I carry a Ruger 9C loaded with eight to fifteen rounds of hollow point ammunition in a quick-release holster concealed under my shirt pretty much everywhere I go.

The People of The Great State of Florida have done a background check on me and decided that it’s ok for me to carry a concealed fire-arm. In return I have promised to understand and follow the rules for doing so when I carry.

I’m armed because I can be. I live in a world where needing to defend myself by shooting and possibly killing a “bad guy with a gun” is an everyday possibility, so I’m armed because I can be.

I’m a Liberal. I carry not because I’m afraid and live in fear that every step I take brings me closer to the inevitable use of my weapon. I carry because I can. I’m optimistic and hopeful that I’ll never have to reveal what I keep concealed, I carry because I can. I have permission from my government and I believe that I understand the responsibility. And by ‘my government’ from which I sought and obtained permission, I mean The United States Constitution in theory, and The People of The Great State of Florida in practice.

What IS the U.S. Constitution but the documentation of and blueprint for a form government? :dunno:
Exactly.

Liberals carry concealed firearms, support Second Amendment jurisprudence, and defend the right of others to carry concealed weapons.

And they do so not because they’re ‘afraid’ of anything, or because they harbor childish fantasies of ‘saving the day’ in the event of an incident, but because it is simply their right to do so, where no citizen is required to ‘explain’ or ‘justify’ exercising a fundamental right as a ‘prerequisite’ to indeed do so.

To the OP I say, if indeed gun ownership is really REALLY important to you, I predict your days of calling yourself a "liberal" are numbered.

Exactly.

Liberals carry concealed firearms, support Second Amendment jurisprudence, and defend the right of others to carry concealed weapons.

And they do so not because they’re ‘afraid’ of anything, or because they harbor childish fantasies of ‘saving the day’ in the event of an incident, but because it is simply their right to do so, where no citizen is required to ‘explain’ or ‘justify’ exercising a fundamental right as a ‘prerequisite’ to indeed do so.

That's fucking hilarious.....:lol:

Me?

So you're not concerned because you think it will take a few years for the Dims to revoke our 2nd Amendment rights?

Bullshit!

She does not have the political capital to pass the kind of legislation required to compel us to turn in our hand guns and rifles.

She MIGHT get legislation delaying purchases of weapons and bulk ammo by folks who're on the no-fly lists, but I wouldn't make a bet on that horse.

I will however, bet you a dollar that the guns that you and I have in our homes would survive a pair of Hillary administrations just as surely as our guns survived eight years of President Obama.

It cracks me up how fragile some of y'all must think that The Second Amendment must be.

She will appoint a couple of leftwing justices to the Supreme Court and then issue an EO vastly curtailing our 2nd Amendment rights.

You'll excuse me if I look to my own crystal balls rather than yours when I ponder the future, eh?

:popcorn: At least it should be entertaining....​

But you're a deluded idiot, so what good are you predictions?

The answer to the American Gun Tragedy is twofold:

1. Gun owners maintaining state issued licenses to be in possession of a firearm... with criminal culpability a possible outcome if you put a weapon in the hands of anyone not in possession of a license - even in a private sale to uncle Teddy.

2. Codify on a national level two lists.

One of firearms that the general public can have access to - I'd pay genuine U$ Currency to some American entrepreneur for 3 shots at blowing something up with a bazooka in a controlled and insured environment, but I don't think anyone should be able to keep a bazooka in their closet.

The second of course would be a list of weapons that the general public can collect.
Will there be voices demanding that both lists be very short and boring? Just as sure as there are extremist voices bitching that their second amendment permissions are already being violated because the FBI won't let them have a bazooka in their closet. For democracy in this republic to survive and thrive the moderate voices need to begin to negotiate in earnest and drag the extremists from both sides in to The 21st Century, kicking and screaming like little girls all along the way if necessary.

The majority of Americans will NEVER stand for a denial of access to and ownership of firearms AND the majority of Americans want The American Gun Tragedy to start looking more like history and less like news. Democracy wasn't completely gelded by the Republican victory in The American Civil War... A big enough majority will eventually push even a powerful and entrenched republic.

The answer is twofold.

I"m conservative and I don't ask permission from My government to exercise My rights.

Bullshit!

Gee all we have to go is the words coming out of elected libs mouthes......maybe you should open your ears.......2nd Amendment is only as strong as those upholding it....electing those who wish to do away with it is a serious threat......

So?

This one's pretty easy, Scooter... Find out how people running for public office in your area feel about the issues that you're passionate about and get out there in both the primaries and the generals and VOTE!

:thup:

I"m conservative and I don't ask permission from My government to exercise My rights.

And yet you have it. Implied or expressed, as long as you follow the rules you'll still be able to exercise those rights. Fuck up and you lose those rights, ass-u-me-ing you fuck up bad enough. The fact that you're not posting from prison is testament to your basic understanding of the permissions that you have from your government.

The good news: With a government of, by and for The People, in theory at least, what you have is permission from yourself.

`

The answer to the American Gun Tragedy is twofold:

1. Gun owners maintaining state issued licenses to be in possession of a firearm... with criminal culpability a possible outcome if you put a weapon in the hands of anyone not in possession of a license - even in a private sale to uncle Teddy.

2. Codify on a national level two lists.

One of firearms that the general public can have access to - I'd pay genuine U$ Currency to some American entrepreneur for 3 shots at blowing something up with a bazooka in a controlled and insured environment, but I don't think anyone should be able to keep a bazooka in their closet.

The second of course would be a list of weapons that the general public can collect.
Will there be voices demanding that both lists be very short and boring? Just as sure as there are extremist voices bitching that their second amendment permissions are already being violated because the FBI won't let them have a bazooka in their closet. For democracy in this republic to survive and thrive the moderate voices need to begin to negotiate in earnest and drag the extremists from both sides in to The 21st Century, kicking and screaming like little girls all along the way if necessary.

The majority of Americans will NEVER stand for a denial of access to and ownership of firearms AND the majority of Americans want The American Gun Tragedy to start looking more like history and less like news. Democracy wasn't completely gelded by the Republican victory in The American Civil War... A big enough majority will eventually push even a powerful and entrenched republic.

The answer is twofold.

One do you plan on repealing the 2nd Amendment?

Good luck with that.

And yet you have it. Implied or expressed, as long as you follow the rules you'll still be able to exercise those rights. Fuck up and you lose those rights, ass-u-me-ing you fuck up bad enough. The fact that you're not posting from prison is testament to your basic understanding of the permissions that you have from your government.

The good news: With a government of, by and for The People, in theory at least, what you have is permission from yourself.

`
ROFL! Another lib who doesn't understand what a right is. You don't ask the government for permission to exercise a right. You don't need a license, and you don't have a long list of rules to follow.

Your attitude is utterly servile. You will make a good servant of the police state.

To the OP I say, if indeed gun ownership is really REALLY important to you, I predict your days of calling yourself a "liberal" are numbered.

You wouldn't say that if you understood where the word came from and what lay at the roots of the concepts behind liberalism.

You ever hear of the word 'liberty'?

Forum List

Back