🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

"I'm a Gay Activist, and After Orlando, I Have Switched My Vote to Trump"

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
I've always said, in the pecking order, no single group is more important to liberals than Muslims.

This is the saddest day of my life. I can't even wrap my mind around the horror of what happened last night in Orlando, where 50 joyful dancing queers were murdered by a religious extremist. I'm sad -- devastated, in my soul -- about that; but I'm also sad that the events of Orlando have shattered my political beliefs, as I can no longer swear allegiance to a peace-love-and-unicorns progressive philosophy that only helps to get my fellow queers killed.

Yes, there is a war between religious fundamentalism and the spirit of love and tolerance. But we progressives here in America still labor under the delusion that the religion we need to combat is Christianity. But that's a strawman opponent, and has been so for decades. Since the 1990s, Christian extremists have essentially lost all their power, and are now toothless nonplayers in the "culture wars." Meanwhile, Muslim extremists, with guns, murder us, and on the left our only response is to bleat about "Islamophobia" and jump through hoops trying to explain away the self-evident religious motivation for the killings.

Oh sure, all year I've been playing the "Bernie or Hillary?" game with all the other default-Democrats in my social and professional circles. But this is no longer some kind of game. Our lives are on the line. Although I voted for Hillary in the primary, I now cringe inwardly with shame and embarrassment at having done so, and in November I will vote for Trump.

Imam Speaking in Orlando Said Gays Must Be Killed Out of 'Compassion'

Why? Yes, I know that Trump is an a**hole, Trump is a clown, Trump is a motormouth buffoon. You don't have to convince me of that. But he's also the only person saying anything about putting the brakes on Islamic extremism, and in light of what happened last night in Orlando, suddenly that is the only issue that really matters when it comes to the health, well-being and safety of the queer community.

MORE: I'm a Gay Activist, and After Orlando, I Have Switched My Vote to Trump

"Yes, there is a war between religious fundamentalism and the spirit of love and tolerance. But we progressives here in America still labor under the delusion that the religion we need to combat is Christianity."

I've always said, in the pecking order, no single group is more important to liberals than Muslims.

This is the saddest day of my life. I can't even wrap my mind around the horror of what happened last night in Orlando, where 50 joyful dancing queers were murdered by a religious extremist. I'm sad -- devastated, in my soul -- about that; but I'm also sad that the events of Orlando have shattered my political beliefs, as I can no longer swear allegiance to a peace-love-and-unicorns progressive philosophy that only helps to get my fellow queers killed.

Yes, there is a war between religious fundamentalism and the spirit of love and tolerance. But we progressives here in America still labor under the delusion that the religion we need to combat is Christianity. But that's a strawman opponent, and has been so for decades. Since the 1990s, Christian extremists have essentially lost all their power, and are now toothless nonplayers in the "culture wars." Meanwhile, Muslim extremists, with guns, murder us, and on the left our only response is to bleat about "Islamophobia" and jump through hoops trying to explain away the self-evident religious motivation for the killings.

Oh sure, all year I've been playing the "Bernie or Hillary?" game with all the other default-Democrats in my social and professional circles. But this is no longer some kind of game. Our lives are on the line. Although I voted for Hillary in the primary, I now cringe inwardly with shame and embarrassment at having done so, and in November I will vote for Trump.

Why? Yes, I know that Trump is an a**hole, Trump is a clown, Trump is a motormouth buffoon. You don't have to convince me of that. But he's also the only person saying anything about putting the brakes on Islamic extremism, and in light of what happened last night in Orlando, suddenly that is the only issue that really matters when it comes to the health, well-being and safety of the queer community.

Muslims and Islamists are most devout democrats there are,

Once you put together that to these people votes are more important than just about anything, it's easy to see why they pander to them. Muslims all around the world must be immediately imported to the democrat plantation no matter what the cost.

Is he going to share a bro-hug with Lyin' Don on the podium?

5584620c50c9c.jpg

You are going to see more of this. No where in Democrat leadership is there a call for more tolerance and coexistence among Muslims. All the liberals and Democrats keep doing is focusing on calls for more tolerance from Christians and more gun control. You have the typical whack job far right pastors like Pat Robertson saying that this is punishment from God BUT the difference is that Gays know that mainstream Christians are going to call out these whack jobs.

When and where are liberals calling on Muslims that if they are going to live here in our culture, they must accept gays coexisting?

An anonymous gay activist? How ridiculous can you get? An activist would be anything but anonymous. What you have is a lie by an anonymous right winger who wants you to believe gays are turning to trump. Why is every right wing thread based on a lie?

Once you scratch the phony surface, you see that Progressives are freedom hating Fascists who truly don't give a fucking about anything besides political power

You are going to see more of this. No where in Democrat leadership is there a call for more tolerance and coexistence among Muslims. All the liberals and Democrats keep doing is focusing on calls for more tolerance from Christians and more gun control. You have the typical whack job far right pastors like Pat Robertson saying that this is punishment from God BUT the difference is that Gays know that mainstream Christians are going to call out these whack jobs.

When and where are liberals calling on Muslims that if they are going to live here in our culture, they must accept gays coexisting?

This is what libs believe instead:

Australian Judge Finds Muslim "Cultural Differences" Valid Excuse for Rape

Gay killing is part of the muslim culture. Who are we to say that their culture is any worse? Who are we to stop the free exercise of their culture?

An anonymous gay activist? How ridiculous can you get? An activist would be anything but anonymous. What you have is a lie by an anonymous right winger who wants you to believe gays are turning to trump. Why is every right wing thread based on a lie?

^ one of 30 possible Bodecca sock accounts pinning the irony meter

A troll maybe? Add a few ideologues to the SCOTUS and we can have sodomy laws, miscegenation laws, and all sort of nice 15th century stuff back.

"Yet, Mr. Trump has vowed to choose Supreme Court justices who would overturn marriage equality, and he supports the deceptively named First Amendment Defense Act, an effort to approve discrimination against gay and transgender people nationwide under the guise of religious freedom. And Mr. Trump backtracked from his statement that transgender people should be able to use the restroom consistent with their gender identity after Senator Ted Cruz used his words to attack him during the nomination fight.

That restrooms have become such a fixation, particularly at the state level, is a worrying reminder of the entrenched stigma the community continues to face. The loudest advocates of this odious effort have been Gov. Pat McCrory of North Carolina and Gov. Greg Abbott of Texas, who has worked in lock step with the Texas attorney general, Ken Paxton. Meanwhile, Gov. Phil Bryant of Mississippi in April signed into law a bill that allows discrimination against L.G.B.T. people in schools and the workplace."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/15/opinion/the-corrosive-politics-that-threaten-lgbt-americans.html

I think Gays, Christians, and many Ameticans are tired of extreme appeasement exercised by the American Left when it comes to Islam extremists. Gays are realizing that liberal leaders chose radical extremists over them. If you are Gay, any talk or rhetoric from liberals about rights, freedom, and choice should be mocked because liberals will sell out for radical extremism from Islam every time.

A troll maybe? Add a few ideologues to the SCOTUS and we can have sodomy laws, miscegenation laws, and all sort of nice 15th century stuff back.

"Yet, Mr. Trump has vowed to choose Supreme Court justices who would overturn marriage equality, and he supports the deceptively named First Amendment Defense Act, an effort to approve discrimination against gay and transgender people nationwide under the guise of religious freedom. And Mr. Trump backtracked from his statement that transgender people should be able to use the restroom consistent with their gender identity after Senator Ted Cruz used his words to attack him during the nomination fight.

That restrooms have become such a fixation, particularly at the state level, is a worrying reminder of the entrenched stigma the community continues to face. The loudest advocates of this odious effort have been Gov. Pat McCrory of North Carolina and Gov. Greg Abbott of Texas, who has worked in lock step with the Texas attorney general, Ken Paxton. Meanwhile, Gov. Phil Bryant of Mississippi in April signed into law a bill that allows discrimination against L.G.B.T. people in schools and the workplace."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/15/opinion/the-corrosive-politics-that-threaten-lgbt-americans.html

Where is the call for Muslims to be tolerant of Gays?

[

Trump is only one saying anything about putting the brakes on Islamic extremism?

Compared to whom?

The 'call' for tolerance of gays in general has never exempted Muslims.

The only group giving Muslims a pass for being anti-gay are the anti-gay rights conservatives,

who want anyone to be anti-gay if they choose so.

I'm a jihadist, and I'm also voting for Donald Trump. Prove me wrong, bitches.

The 'call' for tolerance of gays in general has never exempted Muslims.

That's the problem. You people have no problem specifically calling out Radical Christianity yet when it comes to calling out Radical Islam, the first retort is to not use the term "Radical Islam" . The second part is to simply call on "everyone" to be tolerant. Americans are tired of appeasement.

The person's writings suspiciously hit all the anti-liberal, pro-Trump buttons. Anonymous? He says he's anonymously posting for fear of harm from the anti-Trump people. Of course.

Forum List

Back