I'm a libertarian and don't believe conservatives should force their beliefs on other people

For example corporal punishment.

I believe these red state public schools should either allow accommodations for parents who disapprove of corporal punishment or provide schools to those parents that are just as well funded but do not allow corporal punishment.

I am big on individual liberty.

There is no such thing as a Libertarian. You are an anarchist.

1. The mom agreed at the beginning of the school year
2. The school threatened the mom with the cops because she had already been arrested for her son's truancy because they thought he had cancer and was constantly going to the doctor.
3.School should be sued IMO. Pull him the hell out. My kids are NOT allowed to be physically harmed by ANYONE.

I wish Republicans would stop being control freaks!

I agree. Those Republicans forcing people to buy healthcare against their will or financial ability, or forcing their children to go to public bathrooms and showers with those of the opposite gender. And if you own a bakery or flower shop, those Republicans will sue you out of business if you refuse to participate in gay rituals.

We really need to get rid of Republicans in this country.

If you grabbed the paddle from the principle and swatted her on the behind you'd likely be charged with assault and arrested.

But it's perfectly fine to hit the child? Yeah that is a good lesson. The damn child was terrorized, I think that is enough. Does that family need to counseling, yes. But I think the days of physically harming children have passed for schools. What people do in their home is their business but if I was in that position I'd have knocked the wall down and took the child home before they touched him.

Ironically, Conservatives made a deal with the devil when they courted the Religious Right in the 80's and now the only way they can win is to pander to the evangelicals by attempting to legislate their brand of morality. I would love to have the option of voting for a party that held to true conservative ideals, but they won't get my vote as long as they're ruled by evangelicals.

Ironically, Conservatives made a deal with the devil when they courted the Religious Right in the 80's and now the only way they can win is to pander to the evangelicals by attempting to legislate their brand of morality. I would love to have the option of voting for a party that held to true conservative ideals, but they won't get my vote as long as they're ruled by evangelicals.

I heard about a teenage girl that was raped in study hall in a public school in Ohio. Once the teacher was confronted with the crime, her response was priceless. She said that it was not her place to teach the kids morality.

That pretty much solidified things for me. When you put children in public schools and are unable to teach them morality, you are still teaching them morality. You are teaching them that the state is amoral and that there is no real right and wrong.

Looking at teenage pregnancies, drug use, and other vices within public schools, it would appear that the secular humanist experiment with the nations youth is an abject failure.

Teaching kids morality is far more important than teaching them such things as to read and write. After all, if you are empowering children through education and they are immoral, you are simply empowering such immoral influences within a given society.

Moreover, if society become so immoral that it is comparable to the inside of a prison, then the state has no choice but to treat such a society as one big prison while taking away their freedoms in the process.

As Ben Franklin aptly noted, the Constitution will endure for a time until the moral fiber of the nation deteriorates and are incapable of such freedoms in a responsible manner. The only two ways to keep a civil society is for those within society to have internal checks and balances or have the state impose it upon you. It's really that simple.

Last edited:
But you're OK with Liberal control of free speech through mandated Political Correctness? You don't sound like a Libertarian to me I think you're a Liberal poser.

Just curious, Mr. Libertarian, why pick on Conservatives? If you think Liberals do not do this then you obviously missed the news reporting how some liberals want to legally prosecute anyone who does not agree with them on Global Warming. No Conservative has suggested such intolerant, draconian measures to impose their opinions / will on anyone.

It goes far beyond that. Bernie Sanders wants us to believe that we should have a "moral economy". They want us to believe that the government redistributing money to those they think are in need is a moral thing to do. They think that recycling is a moral thing to do. And the list goes on.

They have NO qualms about forcing their morality down all of our throats, none.

But you're OK with Liberal control of free speech through mandated Political Correctness? You don't sound like a Libertarian to me I think you're a Liberal poser.

The very notion of state run education is a liberal position.

Whoever holds the power controls what children learn and think.

I wish Republicans would stop being control freaks!

How many major regulations have been put in place since Lame Duck President Obama took office?

Did President Obama NOT earn LIAR OF THE YEAR for his tales leading to Obamacare being stuffed up our...throats?

I believe these red state public schools should either allow accommodations for parents who disapprove of corporal punishment or provide schools to those parents that are just as well funded but do not allow corporal punishment.

You're Libertarian like TemplarKormac is Libertarian.

OTOH, no school should ever allow kids to be hit by staff. Not for any reason.

Period.

You're Libertarian like TemplarKormac is Libertarian.

OTOH, no school should ever allow kids to be hit by staff. Not for any reason.

Period.

Most don't. That's why kids act the way they do in school today. That kind of crap never happened when I was a kid in school. If you raised your hand to a teacher, he'd bust your head against the wall. And yes, I've seen it happen.

HOME - SCHOOLING is the answer,

Abolish government schools.

1. The mom agreed at the beginning of the school year
2. The school threatened the mom with the cops because she had already been arrested for her son's truancy because they thought he had cancer and was constantly going to the doctor.
3.School should be sued IMO. Pull him the hell out. My kids are NOT allowed to be physically harmed by ANYONE.
And parents should not be fucking put in jail for truancy, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. He's a little kid with issues, the teachers failed him, and so they throw the mom in jail and beat the child..after convincing her that she would go to jail if she didn't allow it.

I don't believe liberal parents should be forced to make their children attend conservative public schools in red states.

:lmao:

What about normal parents being forced to make their children attend Bolshevik public schools in "blue" states.

You're about as Libertarian as Lassie was a cat.

Forum List

Back