I'm a libertarian and don't believe conservatives should force their beliefs on other people

I don't believe liberal parents should be forced to make their children attend conservative public schools in red states.

You look at government schools, and all you see are conservatives trying to press their views on others? I'm starting to doubt your "libertarian" claim. You sound like actually a pretty far authoritarian leftist

American schools suck because education has become so politicized in the US. Texas is ordering textbooks with a "conservative" slant on all topics. Children attend religious schools where they are taught Creationism and that science is bunk. Charter schools cherry pick the brightest students so they test higher. And they're being taught by people at the bottom of the pay scale - a practice which discourages people who want to make a decent living, from entering the teaching profession.

The US is one of the few first world nations which spends fewer dollars educating the children of the poor than the children of the rich. Schools in poor neighbourhoods have higher student/teacher ratios, fewer books, computers and other teaching aids.

The richest nation in the world doesn't give a rat's ass about education its children. How short-sighted is that?

Then why do we spend more on it than the rest of the western world?

So, can you provide legitimate citations that show per pupil spending in inflation adjusted dollars has declined since the 1970's?

Or does ALL available data show that spending has increased geometrically?

Since spending per pupil is vastly higher, then the question is, where is all the money going?

In order to answer your questions, you would have to have statistics for each school board in the USA, because school funding funding is based on the tax base in the community. Poor districts don't have the same $$$ to spend as wealthy ones. The US is one of the few countries in the world which spends less on educating the children of the poor than the children of the rich.

It's not surprising that charter and private schools do better. In addition to more money for labs and equipment, and lower teacher/student ratios, they can cherry pick who they accept, turning away kids who would lower their test scores. They also don't have to accept handicapped or special needs students, like public schools.

For example corporal punishment.

I believe these red state public schools should either allow accommodations for parents who disapprove of corporal punishment or provide schools to those parents that are just as well funded but do not allow corporal punishment.

I am big on individual liberty.

I don't believe women have dicks.

I don't believe liberal parents should be forced to make their children attend conservative public schools in red states.
Do you have a similar problem with conservative parents being forced to make their children attend liberal public schools in blue states?

Where are the conservative public schools? Govt schools are nothing more now than lib indoctrination camps. I suggest homeschooling or private schools.

So, can you provide legitimate citations that show per pupil spending in inflation adjusted dollars has declined since the 1970's?

Or does ALL available data show that spending has increased geometrically?

Since spending per pupil is vastly higher, then the question is, where is all the money going?

In order to answer your questions, you would have to have statistics for each school board in the USA, because school funding funding is based on the tax base in the community. Poor districts don't have the same $$$ to spend as wealthy ones. The US is one of the few countries in the world which spends less on educating the children of the poor than the children of the rich.

It's not surprising that charter and private schools do better. In addition to more money for labs and equipment, and lower teacher/student ratios, they can cherry pick who they accept, turning away kids who would lower their test scores. They also don't have to accept handicapped or special needs students, like public schools.

DC has the highest spending per pupil and the worst results. Why do we spend the most per pupil in the West and have such horrible schools? Money, is not the problem. It's the schools themselves and the lack of accountability. No one harms schools more than the Union of Failed Teachers

I believe these red state public schools should either allow accommodations for parents who disapprove of corporal punishment or provide schools to those parents that are just as well funded but do not allow corporal punishment.

You can just say that you're a woman nowadays and presto, you're a woman with a dick who yearns for a pussy.

You can just say that you're a woman nowadays and presto, you're a woman with a dick who yearns for a pussy.

Yep, soon every sexual predator of little girls will have been born a woman. And you stop them and just wait for the lawsuit. Liberalism is a mental illness.

The problem isn't that they don't think things through, the problem is they do think it through, and do it anyway

DC has the highest spending per pupil and the worst results. Why do we spend the most per pupil in the West and have such horrible schools? Money, is not the problem. It's the schools themselves and the lack of accountability. No one harms schools more than the Union of Failed Teachers

First off, what you have posted isn't entirely accurate. While the US does have the highest spending per capita in the West, it also has the highest cost of living of any country in the First World. You're 7th overall in spending as a percentage of GDP, out of 32 countries. It has the highest spending on post-secondary education in the world, by far, which pushes your overall average up, and give the US the most expensive post-secondary schools in the world. It also has the highest dollar contribution by parents in the First World, meaning private school tuition.

The US government spends a "below average", meaning a below average percentage of its GDP on primary and secondary school educations to other western nations, and spending in poor neighbourhoods is well below the national average. As well, US schools have expenditures for security, which other countries don't have. It's a different environment.

The raw $$ are pretty meaningless because the cost of living varies enormously from one country to another.

False, I can use a population mean to find a Z value. The fact is that we spend more on education than any time in history. Further, I can take a random sampe of 10 or so districts and run ANOVA calculations to test the validity of your null hypothesis in contrast to the alternative hypothesis I offered.

Further your claim is false, the meme you are chanting is a lie. Virtually all countries spend less educating the poor than they do the rich.

And the POINT of a charter school is to provide an environment where those who want to succeed have an opportunity to do so. Most public schools are engaged in institutionalizing children. While this prepares children for prison, it does nothing to prepare them to be contributing members of society.

You make a lot of points, however they are all false. Propaganda from the educrats who seek to perpetuate the failed system in place.

First off, what you have posted isn't entirely accurate. While the US does have the highest spending per capita in the West, it also has the highest cost of living of any country in the First World. You're 7th overall in spending as a percentage of GDP, out of 32 countries. It has the highest spending on post-secondary education in the world, by far, which pushes your overall average up, and give the US the most expensive post-secondary schools in the world. It also has the highest dollar contribution by parents in the First World, meaning private school tuition.

The US government spends a "below average", meaning a below average percentage of its GDP on primary and secondary school educations to other western nations, and spending in poor neighbourhoods is well below the national average. As well, US schools have expenditures for security, which other countries don't have. It's a different environment.

The raw $$ are pretty meaningless because the cost of living varies enormously from one country to another.

The highest cost of living, Mrs Mao? Haven't been to Europe, have you? We're not in the top 10. Are you just thinking of New York?

U.S. education spending tops global list, study shows

Forum List

Back