I'm already tired of hearing about Black Panther...

I've only seen the director's cut, I've heard the original is pretty bad.

The only major difference between the director's cut and the theatrical release of 'Watchmen' was the addition of the animated 'Black Freighter' scenes.

Although interesting, they don't do anything to further the plot.

I've only seen the director's cut, I've heard the original is pretty bad.

The only major difference between the director's cut and the theatrical release of 'Watchmen' was the addition of the animated 'Black Freighter' scenes.

Although interesting, they don't do anything to further the plot.

There's three versions of the movie. The original theatrical version, the director's cut with 20 minutes of extra footage, and the ultimate cut that adds the black freighter stuff.

I didn't read the original comic, just browsed about half of it after seeing the film. Seemed to me like it stayed pretty true to the source material. One of the things I liked about it, is that it didn't waste half the film with an origin story. I've only seen the director's cut, I've heard the original is pretty bad.

They both have about the same problem... To much stylized Zach Snyder actions scenes, too many key characterization points left on the cutting room floor. And that ending. Ugh. That Ending. It burns.

I look forward to watching the movie, and I'm sure it will be a huge success. It will probably be one of the biggest movies of the year. Awesome. Now, can we stop talking about how "groundbreaking" and "new" it is? We get it. He's an African superhero. Except he has been around since 1966. I can't help but not give a shit anymore.
It's clear that this is about black people.
I'll wait till it comes out in DVD like all of the others...because every one of them never lives up to the hype.

It’s going to be great. A fictional African nation that is highly advanced because of a wall that kept them invisible to outsiders and they don’t let women run anything.
they dont let women run anything?....in Wakanda the woman have a lot of power and say and probably run many things....

In the movie all the tribal leaders are men. Women only support the men. No feminists allowed. That and they obviously don’t allow foreigners into their country.

Van Jones: 'Black Panther' is a revelation - CNN

No, Black Panther isn't a "revelation". It's a comic book movie. It may be considered "pro-African", but it's not a political movie. It's not Africa vs. Trump's "shithole" comment. It deserves all the praise it gets based on it's merit. Stop inserting social politics into my superhero movies.

His article makes no sense. It in no way contradicts the “shithole” statement about African nations. African nations are shitholes because if the way Africans run them. He is saying that a 100% fictional portrayal of Africa somehow proves President Trump wrong. This is delusional, but then again can we expect anything less from Van Jones?

So, here you country that does not celebrate diversity and isn't interested in being inclusive.

I thought those were bad things according to the p.c. crowd?

It’s going to be great. A fictional African nation that is highly advanced because of a wall that kept them invisible to outsiders and they don’t let women run anything.
they dont let women run anything?....in Wakanda the woman have a lot of power and say and probably run many things....

In the movie all the tribal leaders are men. Women only support the men. No feminists allowed. That and they obviously don’t allow foreigners into their country.

:lol:

You didn't see the movie.

he doesnt know anything about the comic either....

I did. Can you name one of their tribes lead by a woman? No you can’t, they are all men.

I did. Can you name one of their tribes lead by a woman? No you can’t, they are all men.

Then you weren't paying attention. Two of the five tribes were led by woman.

The mining tribe and the river tribe, I think.

OK I do remember the old lady, she certainly wasn’t featured much, and women weren’t allowed to become the leader/Panther.

OK I do remember the old lady, she certainly wasn’t featured much, and women weren’t allowed to become the leader/Panther.

What makes you think that women aren't allowed to be Black Panther?

In the comics, his little sister Shuri has, at various times, taken up the mantle of Black Panther.

In the comics, his little sister Shuri has, at various times, taken up the mantle of Black Panther.
and i understand she is the current leader of Wakanda....

Ho-hum digital carnage aimed at teenage audiences but with an African-American twist. Is it worth the hype? Hollywood thinks so.

I’m talking about the movie portrayal of Wakanda. The women are all traditionalists, no femists allowed.

If the actors were all white and the setting in Europe, regressives would be screaming about “toxic masculinity” and sexism.

Forum List

Back