I'm beginning to wonder if Don wants the Judge to act.

Trump threatened with jail time over gag order violation in New York fraud trial

A judge laced into Donald Trump on Friday, floating the possibility of heavy sanctions or even jail time against the former president, over a “blatant violation” of a partial gag order in his $250 million New York fraud trial.

“Incendiary untruths can and have led to serious physical harm,” Manhattan Supreme Court Judge Arthur Engoron warned in court, before asking a defense lawyer to explain why Trump should not be punished or imprisoned.

Trump’s attorney apologized on his behalf, saying the violation was unintentional.

The judge’s admonition is the first time that Trump has been threatened with consequences for violating court-ordered restrictions on his speech. Trump was not in court to hear the rebuke, having left New York on Wednesday after attending two more days of the civil trial.

Given that Don relishes playing the victimhood card, I wonder if he believes he will benefit by going so far as to essentially force Engoron to throw his ass in jail. Or, perhaps, he just can't control himself. More or less like a petulant six year old throwing a tantrum.
Of course he does! Then the money would come rolling in. He has a bunch of bigly loans coming due in 2024.

Trump threatened with jail time over gag order violation in New York fraud trial

A judge laced into Donald Trump on Friday, floating the possibility of heavy sanctions or even jail time against the former president, over a “blatant violation” of a partial gag order in his $250 million New York fraud trial.

“Incendiary untruths can and have led to serious physical harm,” Manhattan Supreme Court Judge Arthur Engoron warned in court, before asking a defense lawyer to explain why Trump should not be punished or imprisoned.

Trump’s attorney apologized on his behalf, saying the violation was unintentional.

The judge’s admonition is the first time that Trump has been threatened with consequences for violating court-ordered restrictions on his speech. Trump was not in court to hear the rebuke, having left New York on Wednesday after attending two more days of the civil trial.

Given that Don relishes playing the victimhood card, I wonder if he believes he will benefit by going so far as to essentially force Engoron to throw his ass in jail. Or, perhaps, he just can't control himself. More or less like a petulant six year old throwing a tantrum.
I do believe that this judge imposed a gag order that is unconstitutional and the orange man knows it.

Because he's a political candidate. And members of the opposing party are attempting to put him in prison. It's clearly a part of the political campaign. And he's prevented from talking about it? WTF?
He can speak on politics, on policies he wants to run on, even talk about the other candidates, like an other candidate. This is a legal issue, so he is not allowed to interfere, intimidate or rouse out of court actions by his cult. Feel free to write a brief for the court or whatever appeals court. You are talking to the wrong guy. I approve of him not being able to threaten or intimidate the court members or witnesses.
How do you feel about his lawyer in that state, used to help attempt to overturn the vote, pleading guilty to his part in the felony conspiracy, trump was involved and charge with. I understand he will be testifying and producing documents for the prosecution, testifying without 5th amendment proctection, as he has already pleaded guilty to the charge. I guess (as a lawyer) he knew the evidence, and just didn't want to go to jail for the team trump, so decided to come clean.

I do believe that this judge imposed a gag order that is unconstitutional and the orange man knows it.
He is not having much luck, selling that point of view to an appeals court, or the Supreme Court, he picked 3 justices for. The conservative court is silent.

He can speak on politics, on policies he wants to run on, even talk about the other candidates, like an other candidate. This is a legal issue, so he is not allowed to interfere, intimidate or rouse out of court actions by his cult. Feel free to write a brief for the court or whatever appeals court. You are talking to the wrong guy. I approve of him not being able to threaten or intimidate the court members or witnesses.
How do you feel about his lawyer in that state, used to help attempt to overturn the vote, pleading guilty to his part in the felony conspiracy, trump was involved and charge with. I understand he will be testifying and producing documents for the prosecution, testifying without 5th amendment proctection, as he has already pleaded guilty to the charge. I guess (as a lawyer) he knew the evidence, and just didn't want to go to jail for the team trump, so decided to come clean.
Yes. I guess the point being the info you provided is readily available. But the nitwit to which you replied uses right wing media sources for his info and therefore is willfully misinformed.

He is not having much luck, selling that point of view to an appeals court, or the Supreme Court, he picked 3 justices for. The conservative court is silent.
What? Have they even entertained it? The gag order was never meant to silence a person who
is exercising his right against a biased judge and a so called prosecutor that has already been shot
down by the highest court in the nation back in 2016.

Only the small problem that it violates his 1st amendment rights. He has a right to verbally attack the court, his trial, the jurors and the DA all he wants to. Anyone else who does that would NOT be violated, or even gagged. Only Trump. Only in Amerika.

You think everyone who says their trial is bullshit and the judge is a bitch gets put in jail for that? I don't think so.
Obviously, if it violated his rights, he would have appealed and the appeals court or supreme court would have intervened so he could voice his outrage, put the fear of his supporters into the hearts and minds of the juror and court members, but maybe those conservative judges do not recognize that as a right of people on trial for felonies. It is obvious, time is running out. If he had been able to work on that lawyer, he might have prevented him from pleading guilty and promising to testify. Like any crime boss in history, you can have great success at times reminding witnesses what they will face if they testify. That is the reason it is not allowed.

Only the small problem that it violates his 1st amendment rights. He has a right to verbally attack the court, his trial, the jurors and the DA all he wants to. Anyone else who does that would NOT be violated, or even gagged. Only Trump. Only in Amerika.

You think everyone who says their trial is bullshit and the judge is a bitch gets put in jail for that? I don't think so.

You are allowed to proclaim your innocence or evidence you are not guilty

But you can’t intimidate or threaten potential witnesses, officers of the court or the DA.

Trump has been repeatedly warned

What? Have they even entertained it? The gag order was never meant to silence a person who
is exercising his right against a biased judge and a so called prosecutor that has already been shot
down by the highest court in the nation back in 2016.
They did not deny him the right to appeal to the appeals court. He has either chosen not to, thinking he couldn't possibly win the right to intimidate the court prior to the trial, or the appeal has fallen on deaf ears. You never know, Meister, he could be using Republican lawyers again, and we know how that works for him. Even I, have posted against it, as it is obviously not in his best interests and sometimes they have acted like they didn't know much about the law, or courts, just like the 62 attempts after the election, they lost, even in front of Republican trump appointed judges.

Putting Trump in jail would insure every Trump supporter votes for him in the 2024 election. No stay homes.

Obviously, if it violated his rights, he would have appealed and the appeals court or supreme court would have intervened so he could voice his outrage, put the fear of his supporters into the hearts and minds of the juror and court members, but maybe those conservative judges do not recognize that as a right of people on trial for felonies. It is obvious, time is running out. If he had been able to work on that lawyer, he might have prevented him from pleading guilty and promising to testify. Like any crime boss in history, you can have great success at times reminding witnesses what they will face if they testify. That is the reason it is not allowed.

Obviously nothing. Trump is trying to fight 91 bullshit charges in 4 different areas. He has filed an appeal to his gag order based on constitutional grounds. Many people have said gagging Trump for attacking the court and his trial is a violation of his first amendment rights.

There are even fake screenshots of fake Trump posts attacking the judge:

Going with: perhaps, he just can't control himself. More or less like a petulant six year old throwing a tantrum.

He can speak on politics, on policies he wants to run on, even talk about the other candidates, like an other candidate. This is a legal issue, so he is not allowed to interfere, intimidate or rouse out of court actions by his cult.

But it's OK for your cult to indict him, but not for him to call out your cult for indicting a political enemy.

Forum List

Back