I'm embarressed to l8ve in Missouri

While I think calling bass fishing a "sport" is a little strange, I know many people who would disagree with me.

I don't see any reason why this is a bad thing.

• Banned
Wasted money. School is for education. Do you know what 2 bass tracker fishing boats cost? I am a fisherman. Ive had two of them as well as other boats. This is a waste of taxpayer dollars.

And if you still dont see the problem witb this then you have NO BUSINESS bitching about the lack of education our children receive.

Some get all bent out of shape when they can't be served pizza anymore but blowing 50k+ on a fucking Saturday morning pass time is okay

Wasted money. School is for education. Do you know what 2 bass tracker fishing boats cost? I am a fisherman. Ive had two of them as well as other boats. This is a waste of taxpayer dollars.

And if you still dont see the problem witb this then you have NO BUSINESS bitching about the lack of education our children receive.

Some get all bent out of shape when they can't be served pizza anymore but blowing 50k+ on a fucking Saturday morning pass time is okay

There's a strong argument that sports programs significantly increase graduation rates - keeping people in school who would possibly have dropped out in other circumstances.

It's a decision that should be up to the local school boards.

• Banned

There's a strong argument that sports programs significantly increase graduation rates - keeping people in school who would possibly have dropped out in other circumstances.

I was one of those troubled children. This is a waste of money. Putting a worm on a hook isn't going to deter redneck losers from going out to party or skip school.

Don't cry to me about schools being underfunded or teachers being underpaid when programs like this siphon money from what is important.

• Banned
Wasted money. School is for education.

Do you feel the same way about football? Baseball? Hockey?

For the schools that put a heavy emphasis on it, yes. But thats mostly a college issue. Primary education is for the basics. Football/baseball etc teach social skills as well as teamwork. Fishing teaches you what your father should have already accomplished when you were in grammar school.

I see 0 vital skills being learned through this. When you can drink beer while you're waiting for a "bite" it's not a sport.

pass time?

You is funny!

Wasted money. School is for education.

Do you feel the same way about football? Baseball? Hockey?

For the schools that put a heavy emphasis on it, yes. But thats mostly a college issue. Primary education is for the basics. Football/baseball etc teach social skills as well as teamwork. Fishing teaches you what your father should have already accomplished when you were in grammar school.

I see 0 vital skills being learned through this. When you can drink beer while you're waiting for a "bite" it's not a sport.

Man.....you are short-sighted sometimes.

Gramps is right. Fishing is not a sport. For something to be a sport, both sides have to lose equally. When the fish gets caught he pays with his life. If you don't catch a fish, well at least you got drunk.
Pretty much of a win-win situation for the student/athlete.

Der de der der der.....

I gave you a fucking position to argue against and you offer nothing but jibberish. Act like a nonpartisan adult for once and give me your best shot. Or is der der der all your fucking hack brain can come up with.

Try it.... Tell me why my tax dollars should pay for a leisure boat for children who should be in school learning 8x5 is more important than geography... go on tell me.

I bet you most of the rural kids couldn't even find Iraq on a fucking globe.

I was one of those troubled children. This is a waste of money. Putting a worm on a hook isn't going to deter redneck losers from going out to party or skip school. .

Because of your subjective and seemingly emotive response to this particular program?

I was one of those troubled children. This is a waste of money. Putting a worm on a hook isn't going to deter redneck losers from going out to party or skip school. .

Because of your subjective and seemingly emotive response to this particular program?

I get your point but I stand behind my life experiences. This, if instituted, will be more tax dollars wasted.

Der de der der der.....

I gave you a fucking position to argue against and you offer nothing but jibberish. Act like a nonpartisan adult for once and give me your best shot. Or is der der der all your fucking hack brain can come up with.

Try it.... Tell me why my tax dollars should pay for a leisure boat for children who should be in school learning 8x5 is more important than geography... go on tell me.

I bet you most of the rural kids couldn't even find Iraq on a fucking globe.

you are correct & make a good point BUT there are upsides to being encouraged to go outside and turn the electronic gadgets off that a lot of today's youth seem to have. Meet you 1/2 way and say that their grades must be good enough to use the boat perhaps?

Forum List

Back