I'm embarressed to l8ve in Missouri

Nah, apparently they can be philosophers who made a few dollars a year; plenty of jobs out there for philosophers like Emerson and Thereau...

Actually, both of them worked in a variety of fields.

Funny how you know their names (even if you can't spell them), but you will be utterly forgotten before the body goes cold.

Yes, I also know Magic Johnson, Randy Johnson, Calvin Johnson. Who I don't know are the tens of thousands of other athletes who never made it out of college and now are much poorer for not having a solid history of academic achievement to fall back on.

What makes you think student athletes who didn't go pro necessarily didn't get a solid academic education? Student athletes very often do better academically than little slobs like you who lacked the character and coordination to excel at sport - and later life.

Funny how you know their names (even if you can't spell them), but you will be utterly forgotten before the body goes cold.

Yes, I also know Magic Johnson, Randy Johnson, Calvin Johnson. Who I don't know are the tens of thousands of other athletes who never made it out of college and now are much poorer for not having a solid history of academic achievement to fall back on.

What makes you think student athletes who didn't go pro necessarily didn't get a solid academic education? Student athletes very often do better academically than little slobs like you who lacked the character and coordination to excel at sport - and later life.

I think you're barking up the wrong tree. I very much believe he/she is both successful and athletic. Misguided? Yes a bum? No

One more personal insult and you're on ignore. Actually, you're gone now; bye bye <plink>.

Put me on ignore faggot. You're role models are magic johnson?

You got issues and he got lucky otherwise he would be another black statistic

I was speaking to unkatory or whatever her name is.

"Sports" teacher who feels threatened by this thread.

Your cover is blown and your input irrelevant

OK. Lets travel down this road.

Do you think I am a teacher? Do you think I coach high school sports?

Honestly I hace no idea but the way you brag about your kids and softball and their good grades I think you live in a bubble where underprivileged children dont exist except where it counts in november.

You dont count. Period

So....is my cover blown?

You imbecile. I haven't looked at a report card in years. I don't know what my kids grades are. I know that they are thinking human beings. And two of them are athletes. They have learned life lessons on the field of play and they give back to their schools and this community at every opportunity.

One more time for you.......I am a small business owner. I WAS a teacher and I WAS the hitting coach for the one of the finest prep baseball programs in the country several years ago. But now I just train hitters privately......for $50 per hour to those who an afford it.

Do you count?

OK. Lets travel down this road.

Do you think I am a teacher? Do you think I coach high school sports?

Honestly I hace no idea but the way you brag about your kids and softball and their good grades I think you live in a bubble where underprivileged children dont exist except where it counts in november.

You dont count. Period

So....is my cover blown?

You imbecile. I haven't looked at a report card in years. I don't know what my kids grades are. I know that they are thinking human beings. And two of them are athletes. They have learned life lessons on the field of play and they give back to their schools and this community at every opportunity.

One more time for you.......I am a small business owner. I WAS a teacher and I WAS the hitting coach for the one of the finest prep baseball programs in the country several years ago. But now I just train hitters privately......for $50 per hour to those who an afford it.

Do you count?

So I wasn't far off.

And yes I count. To me and thats all that matters.

You dont count. Period

So....is my cover blown?

Do you count?

So I wasn't far off.

And yes I count. To me and thats all that matters.

You were way off. By 20 years. Way off.

I think you're barking up the wrong tree. I very much believe he/she is both successful and athletic. Misguided? Yes a bum? No

Well, I'm able to debate without lambasting others with unwarranted personal insults which is more than I can say for some.

Here is where some athletes who were "successful" ended up:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JJrYnFJxqg]ESPN Films 30 for 30: Broke- Keeping up with the Joneses - YouTube[/ame]

If you want to get a reality check; just watch the last 3 minutes of the entire telecast and the partial list of athletes who have filed for bankruptcy (there must be 100 or so if I recall)... And these are the ones you've heard of.

Broke - ESPN Films: 30 for 30

Many don't have a pot to piss in when they leave high school or college if they even make it that far.

A few econ classes in school and perhaps a few less trips to basketball tournaments could be beneficial, no?

Grampa- I'm sure Missouri is embarrased you live there too. Another thing, if you really went to prison, you should be ashamed of that. Stop talking about it, you loser.

As far as bass fishing, it's obviously a great thing for the kids.

Last edited:

Well, I'm able to debate without lambasting others with unwarranted personal insults which is more than I can say for some.

Here is where some athletes who were "successful" ended up:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JJrYnFJxqg]ESPN Films 30 for 30: Broke- Keeping up with the Joneses - YouTube[/ame]

If you want to get a reality check; just watch the last 3 minutes of the entire telecast and the partial list of athletes who have filed for bankruptcy (there must be 100 or so if I recall)... And these are the ones you've heard of.

Broke - ESPN Films: 30 for 30

Many don't have a pot to piss in when they leave high school or college if they even make it that far.

A few econ classes in school and perhaps a few less trips to basketball tournaments could be beneficial, no?

This is what a lack of education and all the support that goes al9ng with it CAN lead to.

I never heard of anyone killing themselves because math was too hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grandpa- I'm sure Missouri is embarrased you live there too. Another thing, if you really went to prison, you should be ashamed of that. Stop talking about it, you loser.

As far as bass fishing, it's obviously a great thing for the kids.

A loser is ashamed of his past. A real man learns from it and uses his experience to teach others.

Fuck you and a neg to your shallow enexperienced ass.

I had an uncle that had two assets in life. He was good looking, and he was the star quarterback in his high school in rural Tennessee. He was actually regarded as the school "hero" in his senior year. He carried his press clippings in an envelope for half of his life. After high school, he traded on his looks and his X-hero status for as long as he was able. By the time he was 30, he was just an over-the-hill has been X-jock, who had no marketable skills whatsoever. He spent the rest of his life mooching off of his realatives, including us. He never had a career...just various jobs. Without the distraction of football, there was the possibility that he could have applied himself to something productive in his formative years. BTW, he had been counting on getting a football scholarship to college, but it never happened, because his grades were so bad.

I had an uncle that had two assets in life. He was good looking, and he was the star quarterback in his high school in rural Tennessee. He was actually regarded as the school "hero" in his senior year. He carried his press clippings in an envelope for half of his life. After high school, he traded on his looks and his X-hero status for as long as he was able. By the time he was 30, he was just an over-the-hill has been X-jock, who had no marketable skills whatsoever. He spent the rest of his life mooching off of his realatives, including us. He never had a career...just various jobs. Without the distraction of football, there was the possibility that he could have applied himself to something productive in his formative years. BTW, he had been counting on getting a football scholarship to college, but it never happened, because his grades were so bad.

Sounds like he had a lot of problems, but it doesn't sound like football was one of them. Student athletes typically do better academically than students who do not participate in competitive sport, and students who are in good physical condition do better than their less fit peers.

Missouri considers making bass fishing a high-school sport | PennLive.com

You know you're a redneck when.....

Seriously, our children barely pass with basic math and reading and this is the bullshit they come up with?

What the fuck is wrong with the adults in this country?

Perfect! They can top that by buying their bass boats from China...

Professional Fishing Boat 4.2m Bass Boat - Buy Fiberglass Fishing Boat,Fiberglass Boats Fishing Boats,Lightweight Fishing Boat Product on Alibaba.com

Seriously, our children barely pass with basic math and reading and this is the bullshit they come up with?

What the hell do you care?

Taxes support these programs that any child can learn through their local boy scout troop or from thier parents or relatives.

Wasted money. School is for education. Do you know what 2 bass tracker fishing boats cost? I am a fisherman. Ive had two of them as well as other boats. This is a waste of taxpayer dollars.

And if you still dont see the problem witb this then you have NO BUSINESS bitching about the lack of education our children receive.

Some get all bent out of shape when they can't be served pizza anymore but blowing 50k+ on a fucking Saturday morning pass time is okay

There's a strong argument that sports programs significantly increase graduation rates - keeping people in school who would possibly have dropped out in other circumstances.

It's a decision that should be up to the local school boards.

I was one of those troubled children.
That's why you're so bitter???

I thought bootstraps were supposed to be the cure-all for EVERYTHING!!!

:eusa_eh:

There's a strong argument that sports programs significantly increase graduation rates - keeping people in school who would possibly have dropped out in other circumstances.

It's a decision that should be up to the local school boards.

I was one of those troubled children.
That's why you're so bitter???

I thought bootstraps were supposed to be the cure-all for EVERYTHING!!!

:eusa_eh:

What was the old joke about that?

Reagan was spending billions on defense so to keep up the Rooskies had to spend billions as well. So they sent messages to their proxy states advising them to tighten their belts. The interchange went something like this:

CUBA: Please send money...

RUSSIA: Dear Comrades, to combat the great Satan, we must spend more on defense so payments and support will be cut. Please tighten belts.

CUBA: Okay, Please send belts...

What the hell do you care?

Taxes support these programs that any child can learn through their local boy scout troop or from thier parents or relatives.

As well as any other extracurricular sport. Don't see the problem here.

Forum List

Back