“I’m not afraid of women” new campaign ad takes on the Trump-Obsessed Manosphere

el midgetron

Platinum Member
Jun 21, 2023
The political partisans who believe men can get pregnant and have periods have made a Kamala ad that tackles the issue of what men are. I assume it’s supposed to be funny but it’s not really. It’s very awkward and hard to take seriously, even as a comedic effort.

The ad was made by Creatives for Harris. Creatives for Harris-Walz 2024: Uniting to Elect Kamala Harris & Tim Walz

“The “Man Enough” concept was born while Jacob Reed, a comedic director who has worked with Funny or Die and Jimmy Kimmel Live!, was watching the Democratic National Convention. He felt inspired by the way Barack Obama spoke of Michelle Obama when introducing her onstage, and the way second gentleman Doug Emhoff gazed up proudly at Kamala Harris during her speech. He also admired the way Tim Walz talked about his wife, Gwen, and her experience of IVF treatment. All this support struck him as a form of masculinity that hadn’t been talked about enough in the election cycle. It was, to him, the polar opposite of the alternative.

“It almost feels like Trump and JD Vance and all the MAGA-world people are afraid of women,” Reed says. “Like, there’s this subtext that if you’re trying to control women this much, there’s something about your masculinity that must feel challenged.”

In other confusing Democrat messaging news, Michigan Governor Gretchen Wilmer posted a video of her giving some influencer a Dorito-communion.

The political partisans who believe men can get pregnant and have periods have made a Kamala ad that tackles the issue of what men are. I assume it’s supposed to be funny but it’s not really. It’s very awkward and hard to take seriously, even as a comedic effort.

The ad was made by Creatives for Harris. Creatives for Harris-Walz 2024: Uniting to Elect Kamala Harris & Tim Walz

“The “Man Enough” concept was born while Jacob Reed, a comedic director who has worked with Funny or Die and Jimmy Kimmel Live!, was watching the Democratic National Convention. He felt inspired by the way Barack Obama spoke of Michelle Obama when introducing her onstage, and the way second gentleman Doug Emhoff gazed up proudly at Kamala Harris during her speech. He also admired the way Tim Walz talked about his wife, Gwen, and her experience of IVF treatment. All this support struck him as a form of masculinity that hadn’t been talked about enough in the election cycle. It was, to him, the polar opposite of the alternative.

“It almost feels like Trump and JD Vance and all the MAGA-world people are afraid of women,” Reed says. “Like, there’s this subtext that if you’re trying to control women this much, there’s something about your masculinity that must feel challenged.”

ha-gay.gif

This reminded me of the Dylan Mulvaney ad for Bud Light. Hopefully with similar results.

Forum List

Back