🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I'm Off the Fence; Going to Support Trump After He Called for National CCW Recognition

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Trump Plan Calls For Nationwide Concealed Carry And An End To Gun Bans

“Law-abiding people should be allowed to own the firearm of their choice. The government has no business dictating what types of firearms good, honest people are allowed to own,” Trump wrote.

"It’s not a departure from what he’s said on the trail this year, though it does mark a shift from a position he took in his 2000 book “The America We Deserve,” where Trump stated that he generally opposes gun control but that he supported a ban on assault weapons and a longer waiting period to get a gun.

“Opponents of gun rights try to come up with scary sounding phrases like ‘assault weapons’, ‘military-style weapons’ and ‘high capacity magazines’ to confuse people,” Trump wrote Friday. “What they’re really talking about are popular semi-automatic rifles and standard magazines that are owned by tens of millions of Americans.”

"Trump said in the paper he has a concealed carry permit. The permits, which are issued by states, should be valid nationwide like a driver’s license, Trump said.

“If we can do that for driving — which is a privilege, not a right — then surely we can do that for concealed carry, which is a right, not a privilege,” Trump said.

"Trump has apparently had a handgun permit for years; a 1987 Associated Press story said he had one at the time."

Trump is the only GOP candidate that is pushing the gun control bullshit back in the faces of the national Marxist Media. I have to support a man with this kind of courage and conviction.

A noble gesture, but just a gesture. And for me, doesn't merit endorsement.

I've said this time and again here - Trump is fantastic at bringing to the forefront common sense agendas while calling out the Liberal bullshit. He is waking up Americans and clearing the "Fog of Obama" from their heads. And what he is doing is more important than him being elected- which he won't be.

Trump is the only one saying a lot of things the others should be saying.

He hasn't sold me yet, but not for lack of trying.

01-gun-nut-cartoon.jpg

A noble gesture, but just a gesture. And for me, doesn't merit endorsement.

I've said this time and again here - Trump is fantastic at bringing to the forefront common sense agendas while calling out the Liberal bullshit. He is waking up Americans and clearing the "Fog of Obama" from their heads. And what he is doing is more important than him being elected- which he won't be.

Trump has defied the experts and long running wisdom on politics so many times this election....I can't shake the gut feeling that he is for real and that he will win it all. IF the GOP establishment had the ammo to drop him, they would have done it by now, methinks.

Forum List

Back