I'm reading that Trump can build a wall with the money earmarked for military...

I am reading this from so many on twitter They suggest as it is an omnibus, it is ongoign resolution and only "recommended" to be spent a particular way, but the president has leeway. They said Oama did this very thing when he was president.

So, is this true? Even if it isn't true per se, what is stopping Trump from rightfully deeming the border issue a National Security issue, as he did with tariffs and just build it with the funds? Who can stop him from making this decision?

The wall clearly provides national defense from a million criminals invading us a year

We have a military for that. They can use the target practice, let them do what they are paid to do

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

You've told me your plan the military should chase 3,000 criminals around the desert every night. But that doesn't contradict this. The wall would make that task a lot easier. It's not military or wall, it's military and the wall is part of that.

You'd burn through $20 billion several times a year with your stupid plan

This might be a shock to you, but they do not only cross at night. My first day on the job a MCAS Yuma we caught 9 illegals hiding in the desert in the middle of the day.

Besides, after we light them up and take out a couple days worth the rest will think twice about giving it a try. Right now the only consequence is getting caught and having the border patrol give them water.

Within a week the flow will slow to a trickle

I am a Libertarian so my party has never been in power and won't be for some time to come.

My plan to control the southern border is better than a stupid fuckign wall and saves the US money vice spending it.

But Trump wants his Mt Rushmore and you sheep are dying to give it to him.
What's your plan ? And "control" it how ?

Simple 3 step plan.

Step 1. Go after companies the hire illegals, and go after them hard. A company declaring bankruptcy trying to pay the fine for using illegals would send a good message to other companies. This takes away the main reason people sneak into our country.

Step 2. Develop an actual real guest worker program and allow companies to legally bring in cheap labor. If they will do it cheaper than an American, then let the companies hire them.

Step 3. We have roughly 70,000 troops in Europe, bring home at least half of them, if not more and station them along the southern border. Then let them patrol and control it. We have a military to defend our nation, not Europe.

Step 1 would likely be overturned by the courts as cruel and unusual punishment. The punishment for a crime has got to be in liner with the offense committed.

Step 3 is illegal. The Posse Comitatus Act does not allow the military to act as law enforcement agents.

I am reading this from so many on twitter They suggest as it is an omnibus, it is ongoign resolution and only "recommended" to be spent a particular way, but the president has leeway. They said Oama did this very thing when he was president.

So, is this true? Even if it isn't true per se, what is stopping Trump from rightfully deeming the border issue a National Security issue, as he did with tariffs and just build it with the funds? Who can stop him from making this decision?

The wall clearly provides national defense from a million criminals invading us a year

We have a military for that. They can use the target practice, let them do what they are paid to do

And they love to be stationed behind a wall to shoot to avoid injury. It's what army men actually do.

Then backup your statement...

what statement? Mexico will pay after it is built.

Another delusional loon.
itsok.gif

I guess I should take pity on loons like you.

Then backup your statement...

what statement? Mexico will pay after it is built.

Another delusional loon.
itsok.gif

I guess I should take pity on loons like you.
that's your problem right there, you think you own me. too bad for you eh? You worry about yourself and your issues. I'll take care of mine quite fine.

You've told me your plan the military should chase 3,000 criminals around the desert every night. But that doesn't contradict this. The wall would make that task a lot easier. It's not military or wall, it's military and the wall is part of that.

This might be a shock to you, but they do not only cross at night. My first day on the job a MCAS Yuma we caught 9 illegals hiding in the desert in the middle of the day.

Besides, after we light them up and take out a couple days worth the rest will think twice about giving it a try. Right now the only consequence is getting caught and having the border patrol give them water.

so you agree that the military engages with border issues. Hence why funding to the military can be used for the wall. I love it. Campaign promise met.

Fair enough. You don't just want the military to chase 3,000 people around the desert every night, you want them to do it all day long. And since about half get through, it's actually 6,000 people you want the military to chase around the desert as you put it all day and all night.

And what does "light them up" mean that is going to reduce illegal alien crossings to "a trickle?"

Because Congress did not authorize the money to be used for a wall.

Money was appropriated by Congress for border security to include a fence/wall ... In 2006, 2009 and 2012.
It hasn't been spent yet ... The money is already there ... :thup:

The Department of Homeland Security is a cabinet department ...
And likewise, they can use the Department of Defense to build the wall with money they have been allocated to do the same thing.

Last edited:
Yeah rumors on the Twit machine are always fun - Won't happen but Trump will make my day if he tries.

I believe he can since the Military funding is marked "discretionary"...I can assure you, if he can he will...not the whole thing but enough to pick a prototype and start building it.

Tear down whatever Trump has accomplished
The wall is a symbol of hate

Take that baby down
Symbol of hate of being invaded by an imperialist country (Mexico), pillaging our wealth, like 21st century Vikings. Good thing to hate.

Tear down whatever Obama has accomplished. Legacy of racial hate.
I say we tear down Trumps wall and make Mexico pay for it

Well, if the ACOE builds it, then it belong do the DOD and that means that the next POTUS could order them to use it for bombing practice.

See, once again you prove your saving money crap is crap, you're for enabling the million illegal alien criminals to cross our border a year

As many suggest, let the military build it. All he has to do is buy the panels. Engineers can use the OT

I suggest we build it on the Canadian border. :)

Are Canadians raping, killing, maiming and pillaging American taxpayers?
Are they dropping litters of silver tooth money trees in the laps of Americans? Are they degrading and ruining communities, cities and states with their filth and disregard? Do they require a hand holding through the simplest of things because they can’t speak the native language and have an iQ of four?

As many suggest, let the military build it. All he has to do is buy the panels. Engineers can use the OT

I suggest we build it on the Canadian border. :)

Are Canadians raping, killing, maiming and pillaging American taxpayers?
Are they dropping litters of silver tooth money trees in the laps of Americans? Are they degrading and ruining communities, cities and states with their filth and disregard? Do they require a hand holding through the simplest of things because they can’t speak the native language and have an iQ of four?

You are the quintessential racist, but a good little Trumpling.

I am a Libertarian so my party has never been in power and won't be for some time to come.

My plan to control the southern border is better than a stupid fuckign wall and saves the US money vice spending it.

But Trump wants his Mt Rushmore and you sheep are dying to give it to him.
What's your plan ? And "control" it how ?

Simple 3 step plan.

Step 1. Go after companies the hire illegals, and go after them hard. A company declaring bankruptcy trying to pay the fine for using illegals would send a good message to other companies. This takes away the main reason people sneak into our country.

Step 2. Develop an actual real guest worker program and allow companies to legally bring in cheap labor. If they will do it cheaper than an American, then let the companies hire them.

Step 3. We have roughly 70,000 troops in Europe, bring home at least half of them, if not more and station them along the southern border. Then let them patrol and control it. We have a military to defend our nation, not Europe.

Step 1 would likely be overturned by the courts as cruel and unusual punishment. The punishment for a crime has got to be in liner with the offense committed.

Step 3 is illegal. The Posse Comitatus Act does not allow the military to act as law enforcement agents.

NEGATIVE wetback lover.
The Posse Comitatus Act simply prohibits federal authorities from acting on behalf of state and local law enforcement and from enforcing domestic policy.
You must have forgot that immigration is a federal matter?

Forum List

Back