I'm reading that Trump can build a wall with the money earmarked for military...

As many suggest, let the military build it. All he has to do is buy the panels. Engineers can use the OT

I suggest we build it on the Canadian border. :)

Are Canadians raping, killing, maiming and pillaging American taxpayers?
Are they dropping litters of silver tooth money trees in the laps of Americans? Are they degrading and ruining communities, cities and states with their filth and disregard? Do they require a hand holding through the simplest of things because they can’t speak the native language and have an iQ of four?

You are the quintessential racist, but a good little Trumpling.

Come on wetback lover...Answer the questions. Don’t be scared.

I am reading this from so many on twitter They suggest as it is an omnibus, it is ongoign resolution and only "recommended" to be spent a particular way, but the president has leeway. They said Oama did this very thing when he was president.

So, is this true? Even if it isn't true per se, what is stopping Trump from rightfully deeming the border issue a National Security issue, as he did with tariffs and just build it with the funds? Who can stop him from making this decision?
You think he can take away money earmarked for a pay increase to military personnel and use it to build a wall?

I'd like to see him try.
That's not all that money was for. $716 billion for pay increases?
Are you nuts???

I am reading this from so many on twitter They suggest as it is an omnibus, it is ongoign resolution and only "recommended" to be spent a particular way, but the president has leeway. They said Oama did this very thing when he was president.

So, is this true? Even if it isn't true per se, what is stopping Trump from rightfully deeming the border issue a National Security issue, as he did with tariffs and just build it with the funds? Who can stop him from making this decision?
You think he can take away money earmarked for a pay increase to military personnel and use it to build a wall?

I'd like to see him try.
Are you nuts???
How much was earmarked for the wall?

I'd like to see him try.
Are you nuts???
$1.6billion

I'd like to see him try.
Are you nuts???
$1.6billion
That's it then. He can't take money earmarked for the military, pay increase or otherwise, and use it to supplement the wall. That was the point.

As many suggest, let the military build it. All he has to do is buy the panels. Engineers can use the OT

I suggest we build it on the Canadian border. :)

Are Canadians raping, killing, maiming and pillaging American taxpayers?
Are they dropping litters of silver tooth money trees in the laps of Americans? Are they degrading and ruining communities, cities and states with their filth and disregard? Do they require a hand holding through the simplest of things because they can’t speak the native language and have an iQ of four?
We gave them our drug war, for free. How capitalistic is that?

I'd like to see him try.
Are you nuts???
$1.6billion
That's it then. He can't take money earmarked for the military, pay increase or otherwise, and use it to supplement the wall. That was the point.
he can say instead of an F20 fighter jet, he wants 1000 miles of wall. he can do that, he is commander in chief I've already said that twice.

I'd like to see him try.
Are you nuts???
$1.6billion
That money is earmarked for defense spending....some for construction. National Security. What could improve national security more than a wall?

How many more times?....the Military spending is clearly marked "discretionary"....look up the word.

I'd like to see him try.
Are you nuts???
$1.6billion
he can say instead of an F20 fighter jet, he wants 1000 miles of wall. he can do that, he is commander in chief I've already said that twice.
Border security is not under the military

I'd like to see him try.
Are you nuts???
$1.6billion
And you were wrong each time.

Are you nuts???
$1.6billion
And you were wrong each time.
prove it.

I'd like to see him try.
Are you nuts???
$1.6billion
That money is earmarked for defense spending....some for construction. National Security. What could improve national security more than a wall?
Read the omnibus bill.

The money appropriated for defense isn't part of a general fund. Definite portions are designated for specific purposes.

Are you nuts???
$1.6billion
Read the omnibus bill.

The money appropriated for defense isn't part of a general fund. Definite portions are designated for specific purposes.
well post up those lines from the bill.

$1.6billion
Read the omnibus bill.

well post up those lines from the bill.
Have at it.

www.documentcloud.org/documents/4417591-FY-2018-Omnibus.html#document/p1

How many more times?....the Military spending is clearly marked "discretionary"....look up the word.
That's not what discretionary and mandatory mean. Discretionary just means congress may, or may not, pass a bill to spend x dollars on x in a given year ... or over several years. Defense spending comes in there. Congress passed the omnibus spending bill funding a pay increase and various ships, aircraft, vehicles, and military operations in various places around the world. Congress didn't have to do that, but it did.

Here's What the Military Gets in $1.3 Trillion Omnibus Spending Bill

There's also spending on entitlement programs, like soc sec medicare Medicaid etc. That is mandated spending because congress passed laws, and potuses signed them, in years past that set out criteria for individuals to be eligible for govt largesse, and anyone meeting the criteria has to get the largesse or they can sue to force the gummit to pay. Mandatory spending and interest on the debt are non-negotiable, unless congress votes to change entitlement programs or we default on the debt

The legality, or illegality, of Trump's latest tweets about spending military spending for his wall comes down to he cannot unilaterally decide to not spend money allocated to a specific provision now that he signed the bill and made a law. That is, he can't decide to not make the new aircraft carrier and spend the money on the wall.

On the other hand, the Army Corp of Engineers is funded and it's missions are not specifically set forth in the law. The executive branch controls how troops are deployed. Although, if we didn't have enough Army engineers in Syria.... it wouldn't be as good.

That's not what discretionary and mandatory mean. Discretionary just means congress may, or may not, pass a bill to spend x dollars on x in a given year ... or over several years. Defense spending comes in there. Congress passed the omnibus spending bill funding a pay increase and various ships, aircraft, vehicles, and military operations in various places around the world. Congress didn't have to do that, but it did.

Here's What the Military Gets in $1.3 Trillion Omnibus Spending Bill

There's also spending on entitlement programs, like soc sec medicare Medicaid etc. That is mandated spending because congress passed laws, and potuses signed them, in years past that set out criteria for individuals to be eligible for govt largesse, and anyone meeting the criteria has to get the largesse or they can sue to force the gummit to pay. Mandatory spending and interest on the debt are non-negotiable, unless congress votes to change entitlement programs or we default on the debt

The legality, or illegality, of Trump's latest tweets about spending military spending for his wall comes down to he cannot unilaterally decide to not spend money allocated to a specific provision now that he signed the bill and made a law. That is, he can't decide to not make the new aircraft carrier and spend the money on the wall.

On the other hand, the Army Corp of Engineers is funded and it's missions are not specifically set forth in the law. The executive branch controls how troops are deployed. Although, if we didn't have enough Army engineers in Syria.... it wouldn't be as good.

If Trump builds the wall with discretionary military spending, the Democrats will have a hard time stopping that. Obama repeatedly ignored spending rules as well as executive privledge rules and Republicans couldn't stop him

Are you nuts???
$1.6billion
Read the omnibus bill.

He didn't say "general fund," he said "defense spending"

I am a Libertarian so my party has never been in power and won't be for some time to come.

My plan to control the southern border is better than a stupid fuckign wall and saves the US money vice spending it.

But Trump wants his Mt Rushmore and you sheep are dying to give it to him.
What's your plan ? And "control" it how ?

Simple 3 step plan.

Step 1. Go after companies the hire illegals, and go after them hard. A company declaring bankruptcy trying to pay the fine for using illegals would send a good message to other companies. This takes away the main reason people sneak into our country.

Step 2. Develop an actual real guest worker program and allow companies to legally bring in cheap labor. If they will do it cheaper than an American, then let the companies hire them.

Step 3. We have roughly 70,000 troops in Europe, bring home at least half of them, if not more and station them along the southern border. Then let them patrol and control it. We have a military to defend our nation, not Europe.

Step 1 would likely be overturned by the courts as cruel and unusual punishment. The punishment for a crime has got to be in liner with the offense committed.

Step 3 is illegal. The Posse Comitatus Act does not allow the military to act as law enforcement agents.

Border defense is not law enforcement except in the mind of a liberal

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Forum List

Back