I'm reading that Trump can build a wall with the money earmarked for military...

I am reading this from so many on twitter They suggest as it is an omnibus, it is ongoign resolution and only "recommended" to be spent a particular way, but the president has leeway. They said Oama did this very thing when he was president.

So, is this true? Even if it isn't true per se, what is stopping Trump from rightfully deeming the border issue a National Security issue, as he did with tariffs and just build it with the funds? Who can stop him from making this decision?

Probably nothing legally, politically it would be foolish so I expect Trump will do it. Of course a wall will fail - but it was a campaign promise and as we all know - but some choose to forget - every decision made by trump beings on the answer to this seminal question: How will this decision effect ME?

How is it about him, when he won on the promises? It's about America.

How come there are so many who defy Trumps campaign promises, but they cannot support the status quo? How many more years was America going to be exploited by the world before it went belly up? If you don't seek som fairness, you sell out your nation.

Illegal immigration is one such issue that has been abused for too long. A wall will fix it quickly.
Because for Trump it really is about Him.

We have a military for that. They can use the target practice, let them do what they are paid to do

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

You've told me your plan the military should chase 3,000 criminals around the desert every night. But that doesn't contradict this. The wall would make that task a lot easier. It's not military or wall, it's military and the wall is part of that.

You'd burn through $20 billion several times a year with your stupid plan

This might be a shock to you, but they do not only cross at night. My first day on the job a MCAS Yuma we caught 9 illegals hiding in the desert in the middle of the day.

Besides, after we light them up and take out a couple days worth the rest will think twice about giving it a try. Right now the only consequence is getting caught and having the border patrol give them water.

Within a week the flow will slow to a trickle

Fair enough. You don't just want the military to chase 3,000 people around the desert every night, you want them to do it all day long. And since about half get through, it's actually 6,000 people you want the military to chase around the desert as you put it all day and all night.

And what does "light them up" mean that is going to reduce illegal alien crossings to "a trickle?"

I guess you have never seen what the door gunner on a Huey can do. Or an Appachee or a AV8 or how about a AC-130.

Trump said the people crossing the border are enemy combatants. Thus the military is free to kill them all

Well, apparently I'm a lot smarter than you. The problem wasn't I couldn't think of one thing you meant by that, the problem was I could think of 40 and wasn't sure which one you meant.

And that's not going to happen, and you know it's not going to happen. So you work to replace the wall with something that won't happen knowing then you get to keep the million Democrat voters a year streaming through the open border.

You already proved that when you advocated blowing up the wall if it's built

Are they enemy combatants or not?

And I did not advocate blowing up the wall, it is not my fault you are too stupid to follow the flow of a thread

I am reading this from so many on twitter They suggest as it is an omnibus, it is ongoign resolution and only "recommended" to be spent a particular way, but the president has leeway. They said Oama did this very thing when he was president.

So, is this true? Even if it isn't true per se, what is stopping Trump from rightfully deeming the border issue a National Security issue, as he did with tariffs and just build it with the funds? Who can stop him from making this decision?
You think he can take away money earmarked for a pay increase to military personnel and use it to build a wall?

I'd like to see him try.
That's not all that money was for. $716 billion for pay increases?
Are you nuts???
How much was earmarked for the wall?
$1.6billion
That's it then. He can't take money earmarked for the military, pay increase or otherwise, and use it to supplement the wall. That was the point.
So Says You. That explains how Obama was able to spend $10trillion and have nothing to show for it.

Probably nothing legally, politically it would be foolish so I expect Trump will do it. Of course a wall will fail - but it was a campaign promise and as we all know - but some choose to forget - every decision made by trump beings on the answer to this seminal question: How will this decision effect ME?

Yeah, Trump has no political sense ...

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Like this!

Read the omnibus bill.

The money appropriated for defense isn't part of a general fund. Definite portions are designated for specific purposes.

He didn't say "general fund," he said "defense spending"
He seems to be treating it as such.

I only saw him advocating using general military funds for securing our border. I think you're hallucinating the part he wants it to use it for non-military purposes
Which general military funds?
https://www.appropriations.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/FY18-OMNI-DEFENSE-SUM.pdf

That's the thing. Trump cannot use money appropriated in a bill, that he signed, for anything but what's its appropriated for, and interestingly imo, a potus actually has to spend the money once he/she signed the bill. But Trump can direct Mattis on how to deploy various troops and construction equip. Still, Trump always reverses course and he's just hot air. And, there just is a limit of how much construction stuff the military has, where its already going, and even whether they legally can get to ground and start building.

There was no reason to allocate all the money for a wall now because it CAN'T BE SPENT YET EVEN THEY BUILD A WALL AND THEY WON'T. Trump will be dead before the lawyers even get the necessary easements and environmental signoffs. It was always a political stunt aimed at the gullible. And his recent tweets were just more of the same. But the tweets elicited his desired results from both the Trumpbots and the My Hair is on Fire brigades.

You have a rude awakening coming

The wall clearly provides national defense from a million criminals invading us a year

We have a military for that. They can use the target practice, let them do what they are paid to do

You've told me your plan the military should chase 3,000 criminals around the desert every night. But that doesn't contradict this. The wall would make that task a lot easier. It's not military or wall, it's military and the wall is part of that.

This might be a shock to you, but they do not only cross at night. My first day on the job a MCAS Yuma we caught 9 illegals hiding in the desert in the middle of the day.

Besides, after we light them up and take out a couple days worth the rest will think twice about giving it a try. Right now the only consequence is getting caught and having the border patrol give them water.

Fair enough. You don't just want the military to chase 3,000 people around the desert every night, you want them to do it all day long. And since about half get through, it's actually 6,000 people you want the military to chase around the desert as you put it all day and all night.

And what does "light them up" mean that is going to reduce illegal alien crossings to "a trickle?"

I guess you have never seen what the door gunner on a Huey can do. Or an Appachee or a AV8 or how about a AC-130.

Trump said the people crossing the border are enemy combatants. Thus the military is free to kill them all

and building a wall will protect the illegal. correct?

I am a Libertarian so my party has never been in power and won't be for some time to come.

My plan to control the southern border is better than a stupid fuckign wall and saves the US money vice spending it.

But Trump wants his Mt Rushmore and you sheep are dying to give it to him.
What's your plan ? And "control" it how ?

Simple 3 step plan.

Step 1. Go after companies the hire illegals, and go after them hard. A company declaring bankruptcy trying to pay the fine for using illegals would send a good message to other companies. This takes away the main reason people sneak into our country.

Step 2. Develop an actual real guest worker program and allow companies to legally bring in cheap labor. If they will do it cheaper than an American, then let the companies hire them.

Step 3. We have roughly 70,000 troops in Europe, bring home at least half of them, if not more and station them along the southern border. Then let them patrol and control it. We have a military to defend our nation, not Europe.

Step 1 would likely be overturned by the courts as cruel and unusual punishment. The punishment for a crime has got to be in liner with the offense committed.

Step 3 is illegal. The Posse Comitatus Act does not allow the military to act as law enforcement agents.

NEGATIVE wetback lover.
The Posse Comitatus Act simply prohibits federal authorities from acting on behalf of state and local law enforcement and from enforcing domestic policy.
You must have forgot that immigration is a federal matter?

It is a Federal matter, thus the Federal military should deal with it.

Border control is only law enforcement in the eyes of a liberal

Not a responsibility of the military

That is why so few military bases are on our borders

and building a wall will protect the illegal. correct?

It is not our job to protect the enemy combatants, it is our job to stop them

I did not advocate blowing up the wall

Here you go, liar

Well, if the ACOE builds it, then it belong do the DOD and that means that the next POTUS could order them to use it for bombing practice.

Fuck you are stupid. If you had the IQ of a gnat you would see I was responding to the comment that if we use the military the next POTUS could just stop doing it. I pointed out other things the next POTUS can do also. I did not advocate anything.

I will say it again...fuck you are one stupid mother fucker

What's your plan ? And "control" it how ?

Simple 3 step plan.

Step 1. Go after companies the hire illegals, and go after them hard. A company declaring bankruptcy trying to pay the fine for using illegals would send a good message to other companies. This takes away the main reason people sneak into our country.

Step 2. Develop an actual real guest worker program and allow companies to legally bring in cheap labor. If they will do it cheaper than an American, then let the companies hire them.

Step 3. We have roughly 70,000 troops in Europe, bring home at least half of them, if not more and station them along the southern border. Then let them patrol and control it. We have a military to defend our nation, not Europe.

Step 1 would likely be overturned by the courts as cruel and unusual punishment. The punishment for a crime has got to be in liner with the offense committed.

Step 3 is illegal. The Posse Comitatus Act does not allow the military to act as law enforcement agents.

NEGATIVE wetback lover.
The Posse Comitatus Act simply prohibits federal authorities from acting on behalf of state and local law enforcement and from enforcing domestic policy.

Thanks to a liberal law from 140 years ago. Time to move past that.

Only in a warped mind is protecting the very border of a county is not the job of the military.

Here you go, liar

Well, if the ACOE builds it, then it belong do the DOD and that means that the next POTUS could order them to use it for bombing practice.

Fuck you are stupid. If you had the IQ of a gnat you would see I was responding to the comment that if we use the military the next POTUS could just stop doing it. I pointed out other things the next POTUS can do also. I did not advocate anything.

I like with the endless ridiculous spin you constantly use to justify your double speak, you keep calling anyone else stupid

Here you go, liar

I like with the endless ridiculous spin you constantly use to justify your double speak, you keep calling anyone else stupid

Well, I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt and assumed you were just stupid and didn’t take my comment out of context being a dishonest fuck...silly me

Simple 3 step plan.

NEGATIVE wetback lover.

Only in a warped mind is protecting the very border of a county is not the job of the military.

Let’s see...

In the past 200 years we have had no invasions over our borders
Given our military posture, it is unlikely to happen in the next 200

A bunch of bean pickers looking to feed their families is no reason to engage the military

NEGATIVE wetback lover.

Let’s see...

In the past 200 years we have had no invasions over our borders
Given our military posture, it is unlikely to happen in the next 200

A bunch of bean pickers looking to feed their families is no reason to engage the military

According to the Commander In Chief they are enemy combatants

Forum List

Back