Im ready to curb gun murders. Lets work together

Excellent question.

I think the real hard core answer is to come down hard on the gangs and drug trade that produces the violence. How you do that without taking away Liberty is the $64 question.
Legalize drugs
I also think culture has something to do with it. But if we legalized drugs, in a couple decades, it could weed itself out.

I'd say legalize some drugs. Pot for sure - the amount of money spent on trying to end it, the amount of money made on it, and violence associated with are simply not worth it for a drug that does relatively little damage.

Opium and meth cause a lot of personal and social damage. I'm not sure about cocaine.
Even with the legalization of drugs (all or some) wouldn't change the issue here. Drugs are just a means to an end, they are sold for the money. The money is the issue here. If you legalize drugs they could still be sold on the streets discounted. Or they would find another product to sell. The only way to end gang culture is to end the systemic oppression minorities/poor face and to continue to try and level the playing field.
How do you do that? And that hasn't worked for us the last 50 years. Free college, free food, free phones, free daycare, almost free rent..
My gawd woman, half the fucking country is on the dole.
Every time it starts to work we elect another republican critter reverse the progress so how would we know if it works?
Legalize drugs
I also think culture has something to do with it. But if we legalized drugs, in a couple decades, it could weed itself out.

I'd say legalize some drugs. Pot for sure - the amount of money spent on trying to end it, the amount of money made on it, and violence associated with are simply not worth it for a drug that does relatively little damage.

Opium and meth cause a lot of personal and social damage. I'm not sure about cocaine.
Even with the legalization of drugs (all or some) wouldn't change the issue here. Drugs are just a means to an end, they are sold for the money. The money is the issue here. If you legalize drugs they could still be sold on the streets discounted. Or they would find another product to sell. The only way to end gang culture is to end the systemic oppression minorities/poor face and to continue to try and level the playing field.
a statement with no solution. nice.
Here's the solution. Stop electing republican pricks that drain our communities of money funnel it to the nation's most wealthy and form policies that oppress and restrict the growth of the poor and middle class. Raise minimum wage, lower the cost of education, create jobs. I have found that when people aren't scraping for food, they are much less violent.
Your democrats are just as much a corporatist party as the right. You are just too blind to see it. If you weren't, you would be bitching about the parties and not "party"
The democrats form policies that help our citizens. The republicans don't. I bitch about my own party on my own time, they are as close as I can get to a platform I can back.

Lets get to the bottom of the pandemic of suicides and gang violence with guns.
I am ready to solve this issue!
We obviously cant stop suicides. We could take their gun, but it will still happen. But we could take the gun, and they can use a knife and slit their throat. Or throw themselves in front of a bus. Maybe that's better? So there goes the number one cause of gun murder.
Gang violence. Most of them use illegal guns. So how do we curb that?
I don't want to hear no bullshit about background checks on private transactions or limited magazines or the same worn out clichés the gun grabbers use on a daily basis. Id like to work on ACTUAL solutions instead of reducing liberties for the majority of the country.
Lets work and ACTUALLY figure out a solution!
Whos with me?

In most industries, they mimic what the sector leader does. Target’s distribution model closely resembles that of Wal Mart. Most banks offer the same goods and services and fee schedules. Employers in the same region most often offer the same pay and benefits. There is a good reason the Toyota Camry and Hyundai Sonata are almost identical.

Look at what nations have the lower rates of suicides and gang violence and copy their policies. And, unless, Americans are just more homicidal than they are; you will have your solution.
but that could very well be the problem. Our society.
Also, those places don't have a second amendment that isn't supposed to be infringed. So that causes problems..
One more thing, there are a lot of variables. One cannot simply mimic another country and expect the same results.

And that is an interesting point. NPR did a series on gun issues and in one program, discussed the gun culture, comparing America to other countries. They interviewed a Norwegian policeman on gun laws. Norway has strict gun laws but - they also rank 10th world wide in gun ownership and near the bottom of the list in gun related homicides. Guns are tools, not extensions of power. You take them out to hunt, and you put them back. Because we regard gun ownership as a Right, not a Tool, perhaps that changes the calculus. Add to that we have a culture that see's guns as power. If I have a gun I can MAKE you respect me without needing any other skills. Those are things that would be hard to change in order to reduce gun violence.

[QU

I don't agree with that at all.
Hell, they drink alcohol and take pills. Whats the difference? Pot is less destructive than both of those..

I have a family member that became a hard core drug addict. He started out with pot. Potheads are shitheads. When I was a engineering director hiring people I would never want to have a pothead working for me. I certainly wouldn't want anybody using pot to do any service for me nowadays.

Alcohol is very destructive but since it brings in so much government revenue then it is legal.

Excellent question.

I think the real hard core answer is to come down hard on the gangs and drug trade that produces the violence. How you do that without taking away Liberty is the $64 question.
Legalize drugs

How do you do that? And that hasn't worked for us the last 50 years. Free college, free food, free phones, free daycare, almost free rent..
Every time it starts to work we elect another republican critter reverse the progress so how would we know if it works?

Here's the solution. Stop electing republican pricks that drain our communities of money funnel it to the nation's most wealthy and form policies that oppress and restrict the growth of the poor and middle class. Raise minimum wage, lower the cost of education, create jobs. I have found that when people aren't scraping for food, they are much less violent.
Your democrats are just as much a corporatist party as the right. You are just too blind to see it. If you weren't, you would be bitching about the parties and not "party"
The democrats form policies that help our citizens. The republicans don't. I bitch about my own party on my own time, they are as close as I can get to a platform I can back.
LOL ok

[QU

Hell, they drink alcohol and take pills. Whats the difference? Pot is less destructive than both of those..

I have a family member that became a hard core drug addict. He started out with pot. Potheads are shitheads. When I was a engineering director hiring people I would never want to have a pothead working for me. I certainly wouldn't want anybody using pot to do any service for me nowadays.

Alcohol is very destructive but since it brings in so much government revenue then it is legal.
Alcohol is more destructive than pot and pot is more profitable than alcohol. So there goes your theory...

Excellent question.

Legalize drugs

Cocaine can, if you let it, but, honestly, so can pot. Maybe not lose yourself, but you let it run your life. To do any drug and not lose your shit takes at least some iota of will power.

I think meth and heroin are considered the most addictive and destructive though, aren't they?
actually oxycodone now is I believe.

That's in the same family as heroin though isn't it - an opiod?

[QU

I am 31, will have my house paid for in 6 years, my truck in 4, one truck and my Harley is paid for, I have two beautiful kids and a wife that need nothing and I smoke everyday. Pay all my taxes and keep a clean property. How am I a shithead?
Just because people start the experience with pot doesn't mean its a "gateway drug". Pot is the most lenient drug and the easiest to get your hands on. It is also cheap.

Last edited:
Legalize drugs

Cocaine can, if you let it, but, honestly, so can pot. Maybe not lose yourself, but you let it run your life. To do any drug and not lose your shit takes at least some iota of will power.

I think meth and heroin are considered the most addictive and destructive though, aren't they?
actually oxycodone now is I believe.

That's in the same family as heroin though isn't it - an opiod?
yep. It is legal and abused. so legalizing it doesn't mean much.

Legalize drugs

LOL ok
You should be laughing all the way to the library to research the republican congressional voting patterns and platform development. Extremely disturbing.

Excellent question.

Legalize drugs

Pot is a gateway drug to further addiction.

These addictive mind altering drugs are bad news. Do you really want your doctor to be a pothead or crackhead ? How about the operator at the nuclear power plant? Your Uber driver? Your child's teacher?

You can say the same thing about the destructive power of alcohal or the high costs associated with tobacco.

I'm being realistic. Pot generates huge amounts of illegal money and violence, yet as a drug it's relatively benign - no worse than alcohol or nicotine. It would make more sense to cut off that source of illicit revenue by legalizing it and putting all that money into addressing the more destructive drugs.

[QU

I am 31, will have my house paid for in 6 years, my truck in 4, one truck and my Harley is paid for, I have two beautiful kids and a wife that need nothing and I smoke everyday. How am I a shithead?
Just because people start the experience with pot doesn't mean its a "gateway drug". Pot is the most lenient drug and the easiest to get your hands on. It is also cheap.
Agreed, I'm no shit head.

[QU

I am 31, will have my house paid for in 6 years, my truck in 4, one truck and my Harley is paid for, I have two beautiful kids and a wife that need nothing and I smoke everyday. How am I a shithead?

Exactly - a lot of people who start with pot never go on to anything else. A lot of people who take hard drugs also smoke cigarettes, would that make nicotine a gateway drug?

[Q

Alcohol is more destructive than pot and pot is more profitable than alcohol. So there goes your theory...

I think I said the same thing. Alcohol is very destructive but is legal because of the revenue steam to the filthy ass government.

That is no excuse to do the same thing to other mind altering drugs.

I have strong Libertarian leanings. I would be inclined to let people suffer the consequences of being idiots that use addictive mind altering drugs only if you could isolate me from having to pay for or suffer the fall out of those consequences.

[QU

Exactly - a lot of people who start with pot never go on to anything else. A lot of people who take hard drugs also smoke cigarettes, would that make nicotine a gateway drug?

Sugar. Sugar is the gateway drug.

and here we go with gun registration .....fuck that...i am sorry but just fuck that...its bad enough your damn gun permit registers that gun but i will be damn if i will go for a gun registry
well fk, Chicago had the strongest. The Strongest gun laws. Anyone mentioning gun laws is just a fking stupid libturd living in pretendland.
So because there is an exception in a city with great problems, all of the other data collected from all over the country doesn't matter?
son, you have no fking idea what you're even discussing here. You want to know why the gun laws changed in Chicago? A black man went to court and sued the city for the city not allowing him to protect himself and his family. Just go the fk away. your kind of solution got us here.

"While it's certainly true that a number of factors contribute to the high rates of gun violence in the U.S., a comparison of state laws versus rates of shooting deaths does show a correlation. The states that impose the most restrictions on gun users also have the lowest rates of gun-related deaths, while states with fewer regulations typically have a much higher death rate from guns."

The States With The Most Gun Laws See The Fewest Gun-Related Deaths
CDC Study: Use of Firearms for Self-Defense is ‘Important Crime Deterrent’

LOL ok
You should be laughing all the way to the library to research the republican congressional voting patterns and platform development. Extremely disturbing.
No, I should just stay here and laugh at your posts. It is sufficient.
Neither party gives two shits about you. Not even a little bit.
"I want to raise taxes on the rich. That way, they can still avoid paying taxes and you can bitch at the rich for not paying their fair share and I look like a hero!"

"im going to raise minimum wage so the poor can get a living wage even though history shows poor class GDP goes down when enacted. But I look like a hero!"
:rofl:

Lets get to the bottom of the pandemic of suicides and gang violence with guns.
I am ready to solve this issue!
We obviously cant stop suicides. We could take their gun, but it will still happen. But we could take the gun, and they can use a knife and slit their throat. Or throw themselves in front of a bus. Maybe that's better? So there goes the number one cause of gun murder.
Gang violence. Most of them use illegal guns. So how do we curb that?
I don't want to hear no bullshit about background checks on private transactions or limited magazines or the same worn out clichés the gun grabbers use on a daily basis. Id like to work on ACTUAL solutions instead of reducing liberties for the majority of the country.
Lets work and ACTUALLY figure out a solution!
Whos with me?

Just on suicides, the wait period before purchasing a gun was designed in hopes of affecting that. Men are most likely to use a gun in a suicide attempt, and the decision to go through with it, is often done on an impulse. The wait period might help with that without significantly reducing liberties.
Nice. How long would the wait time need to be?
How many people that blow their brains out go and buy the gun for that?
I can think of one we wish would.
no one wants you to die. They just want you to delete your account.

Looks like you'll have to continue whining snowflake.

Actually a lot of people that smoke have an addictive personality. Why else would somebody be so stupid as to take an addictive drug that causes significant health problems? They can't say no to the enjoyment they get from the nicotine. Very weak minded, wouldn't you agree? That same weak mindedness that causes other addiction.

I think pot is much more of a gateway drug to other addiction than any pothead would care to admit.

Forum List

Back