Im ready to curb gun murders. Lets work together

Lets get to the bottom of the pandemic of suicides and gang violence with guns.
I am ready to solve this issue!
We obviously cant stop suicides. We could take their gun, but it will still happen. But we could take the gun, and they can use a knife and slit their throat. Or throw themselves in front of a bus. Maybe that's better? So there goes the number one cause of gun murder.
Gang violence. Most of them use illegal guns. So how do we curb that?
I don't want to hear no bullshit about background checks on private transactions or limited magazines or the same worn out clichés the gun grabbers use on a daily basis. Id like to work on ACTUAL solutions instead of reducing liberties for the majority of the country.
Lets work and ACTUALLY figure out a solution!
Whos with me?

In most industries, they mimic what the sector leader does. Target’s distribution model closely resembles that of Wal Mart. Most banks offer the same goods and services and fee schedules. Employers in the same region most often offer the same pay and benefits. There is a good reason the Toyota Camry and Hyundai Sonata are almost identical.

Look at what nations have the lower rates of suicides and gang violence and copy their policies. And, unless, Americans are just more homicidal than they are; you will have your solution.

They have uniform cultures with few minorities.....you mean like that? That is how Europe kept their murder rates down...except for the 12 million innocent, unarmed....men, women and children they murdered in gas chambers ...except for that......

No so much.

Sects in Italy don't care much for one another; the Sicilians and the Neopolitans. The Basque in Spain are not big on the rest of the Spaniards as I recall. Bavarians didn't really get along much with the lowlanders in Germany. In England, they've had unrest for centuries between the Irish and the English.

We obviously cant stop suicides. We could take their gun, but it will still happen. But we could take the gun, and they can use a knife and slit their throat. Or throw themselves in front of a bus. Maybe that's better? So there goes the number one cause of gun murder.
I don't want to hear no bullshit about background checks on private transactions or limited magazines or the same worn out clichés the gun grabbers use on a daily basis. Id like to work on ACTUAL solutions instead of reducing liberties for the majority of the country.
Whos with me?

In most industries, they mimic what the sector leader does. Target’s distribution model closely resembles that of Wal Mart. Most banks offer the same goods and services and fee schedules. Employers in the same region most often offer the same pay and benefits. There is a good reason the Toyota Camry and Hyundai Sonata are almost identical.

Look at what nations have the lower rates of suicides and gang violence and copy their policies. And, unless, Americans are just more homicidal than they are; you will have your solution.
but that could very well be the problem. Our society.
About a decade ago, I used to play my video game system online with a bunch of strangers. You were able to talk to other players and play as teams. A great number of the people I played with (kids mostly) were kids in Europe due to the hours I kept. When the new James Bond movies open, they always have debuts in Europe. A great amount of the entertainment we enjoy in America is based on BBC productions. That continent has been overrun with wars and revolutions long before anyone ever heard the word “america”. If anything, one would think their society is more accustomed to violence. Inversely, perhaps that is the “problem”, few if any here have seen wholesale bloodshed and those over in Europe still have the lesson fresh in their mind somewhat???

Also, those places don't have a second amendment that isn't supposed to be infringed. So that causes problems..
I think you’ve just uncovered the problem and the solution in that once sentence myself.

One more thing, there are a lot of variables. One cannot simply mimic another country and expect the same results.

You’re right about that. Companies resist benchmarking all the time since their corporate culture was different. Remember the Goodyear Blimp? A whole bunch of people in the nation have never seen it. Why? It used to be out all the time. Now it only shows up at major sporting events. That makes sense…you put it where more eyeballs are going to see it; thus maximizing it’s advertising purpose. I imagine it was hard for the folks at Goodyear to get used to the idea that it would only show up when there was another attraction in town;—they used to be the attraction!!! The good news is that Goodyear now saves a lot of money by only taking the silly thing out for these marquee events which satisfies it’s goal as a corporation; profit. That many kids don’t know anything about the existence of a Goodyear Blimp…is a hit they just took.

I think if you were to ask the board of Goodyear if it was better to have ships flying around aimlessly or if it is better to have a strategy that maximizes profits; they’d tell you the latter is preferable. There is always a period of adaptation. Since you started the OP, I think the argument about it is clear though. Adaptation to a new norm is needed. If you want the norm to be what we are seeing now; guns everywhere, kids getting shot in classrooms, etc… okay. If you want a better norm, you need to shift that paradigm.
or not.
I have no desire to be like another country. we are a unique nation and I am proud of that. you are free to move to anyone of the countries of your choice. But stop trying to make my nation like those sorry ass losers who's populace wishes to come here.

We're a pretty uniquely fuck up society, yeah, awash in denial.

You've got that right.

How do we ban illegal guns?
I imagine illegal guns are already banned. Legislate an effective ban of handguns and military style semi-automatics, then buy them back, then confiscate them whenever they're seen.

Your ignorance is showing. What exactly is a military style semi-automatic? Are you afraid of black guns? What about those in camo? Desert tan?

Well boyz and girlz, all I can tell you is that I recently moved from a no-issue state to a shall-issue state; and oh how good it feels to carry your own loaded chambered pistol on your person 24/7/365 everywhere you go. Because the police cannot protect you. Only your own pistol can.

tn if people are pushed into ghettos with no hope you produce violence and yes i think with better opportunities and education, jobs and some security ...you do realize that gangs provide services ....and that is how they win young people over...in a gang you can make money you have someone to back you up....you have a warm place at night....we look at things from a very privileged white attitude ..how many of us know the true desperation that comes from having nothing and knowing the next day wont be any better...how many nights has one or the other gone to bed hungry or done without? what if you watched them hungry night after night? what would you be driven too and i swear if you say moms house i will kill you lol

you need to find a way to make gangs less cool, and less profitable.

Infiltrate them and use the RICO act on EVERYONE.

Deport every single gang member that can be deported, whether convicted of a crime or not.

That's just a little bit unconstitutional, don't you think?

On the subject of semi-automatic high-capacity magazine-fed carbine-rifles, mine stays at home in my gun safe. My state does not allow you carry these uncased in public. But every home needs one because the genie is out of the bottle.

Your pistol cannot defend you against a semi-auto high-cap mag-fed carbine. For that you need one of your own. No question.

Whos with me?
I'm with you... starting with unfettered profiling will be one giant step in that direction...i.e. being able to compare those who use guns in gun violence as opposed to those who do not will point us in the direction of those who actually respect the second amendment and those who could care less about it...assuming honesty were the guideline here, if you were asked to pick which political parties constituents were more likely to commit a crime using a gun which would you honestly say?

So you don't think we are getting illegal guns from overseas?
Is there a solution to curb gun circulation without infringing on rights of law abiding people?
I don't think so, TN. However, in a complex society, "rights" come with responsibilities. When our country has the highest gun homicide rate of all civilized nations, perhaps it is time for everyone to take some responsibility for the innocents that are shot every day.
Frivolous gun laws have never worked and will never work, people that think they do are stupid people...
I'm not talking "frivolous." If I didn't know it was completely unrealistic to expect, I'd be advocating for the Australia solution. I'm talking full out get-rid-of-the-fucking-things, nothing frivolous about it. However, thanks to our violent and gun loving cowboys, frivolous is all we can hope for.

And we do have a 2nd Amendment. So, keep them, I say, but do background checks and register them.
That will help curb illegal guns, the experts say. The 2nd amendment can be honored by allowing hunting rifles for protecting livestock from critters and in a pinch to use for self protection. Or shooting at government soldiers, as some say this amendment was designed to protect. If our Founding Fathers were to study the problem today, they might have made their language on this a bit more clear.
The second admendment is absolutely clear, no registration whatsoever. Shall not be infringed. So take your political correctness and shove it up your fucking ass.

This has become one of my favorite threads, and reading about all the anti gun wacko's posting to it. Let's see ... and who is our latest contestant ??

tn if people are pushed into ghettos with no hope you produce violence and yes i think with better opportunities and education, jobs and some security ...you do realize that gangs provide services ....and that is how they win young people over...in a gang you can make money you have someone to back you up....you have a warm place at night....we look at things from a very privileged white attitude ..how many of us know the true desperation that comes from having nothing and knowing the next day wont be any better...how many nights has one or the other gone to bed hungry or done without? what if you watched them hungry night after night? what would you be driven too and i swear if you say moms house i will kill you lol

you need to find a way to make gangs less cool, and less profitable.

Infiltrate them and use the RICO act on EVERYONE.

Deport every single gang member that can be deported, whether convicted of a crime or not.

That's just a little bit unconstitutional, don't you think?

A foreign national who is in a gang, has nothing positive to offer America, deport him.

An immigrant citizen who took an oath to "support the laws of the United States" who was or is now a gang member, obviously lied in his oath. That makes it invalid and rescindable. Deport his worthless ass.

Completely constitutional.

I don't think so, TN. However, in a complex society, "rights" come with responsibilities. When our country has the highest gun homicide rate of all civilized nations, perhaps it is time for everyone to take some responsibility for the innocents that are shot every day.
Frivolous gun laws have never worked and will never work, people that think they do are stupid people...
I'm not talking "frivolous." If I didn't know it was completely unrealistic to expect, I'd be advocating for the Australia solution. I'm talking full out get-rid-of-the-fucking-things, nothing frivolous about it. However, thanks to our violent and gun loving cowboys, frivolous is all we can hope for.

And we do have a 2nd Amendment. So, keep them, I say, but do background checks and register them.
That will help curb illegal guns, the experts say. The 2nd amendment can be honored by allowing hunting rifles for protecting livestock from critters and in a pinch to use for self protection. Or shooting at government soldiers, as some say this amendment was designed to protect. If our Founding Fathers were to study the problem today, they might have made their language on this a bit more clear.
The second admendment is absolutely clear, no registration whatsoever. Shall not be infringed. So take your political correctness and shove it up your fucking ass.

How is registering your weapons as your property an infringement on your right to keep or carry them?

How is registering your weapons as your property an infringement on your right to keep or carry them?
Firearm ownership is an absolute right, you can't trust the federal government with your rights.

Firearm ownership is an absolute right, you can't trust the federal government with your rights.

The federal government is not going to be put off by your stash of firearms, if they really are coming for you.

And I would be first in line to fight them if they wanted to disarm people completely.

But registration doesn't infringe on your ownership.

Genocide can only happen when the victims are unarmed......
No one is advocating to keep guns away from fit citizens. But there have to be safety measures.

There are safety measures....people who are felons cannot buy, own or carry guns.....we have those laws....what we don't have are politicians who will create prison sentences long enough to keep them in jail....the democrats are fighting to keep repeat gun offender sentences low.......and we already have a process to adjudicate people dangerously mentally ill.....we just have to get that system to work...

Those are pretty much all we need to reduce gun crime...outside of dealing with single teenage mothers in democrat voting districts...

The federal government is not going to be put off by your stash of firearms, if they really are coming for you.

And I would be first in line to fight them if they wanted to disarm people completely.

But registration doesn't infringe on your ownership.

Yes...it does......it is unConstitutional...for one....and second, it is the first step they need to confiscate and ban guns......they first registered guns in Britain, Germany, Australia, France......and then they banned and confiscated them...

No one is advocating to keep guns away from fit citizens. But there have to be safety measures.

There are safety measures....people who are felons cannot buy, own or carry guns.....we have those laws....what we don't have are politicians who will create prison sentences long enough to keep them in jail....the democrats are fighting to keep repeat gun offender sentences low.......and we already have a process to adjudicate people dangerously mentally ill.....we just have to get that system to work...

Those are pretty much all we need to reduce gun crime...outside of dealing with single teenage mothers in democrat voting districts...

Single moms in Republican districts are ok?

then why are you talking about guns and the conservatives? don't dems own guns?

Yes . And we also are ok with sensible gun control. Most people are .

We have sensible gun control...

You can't commit a crime with a gun.

If you are a convicted felon, you can't buy, own or carry a gun.

There...that covers all of it....

Yet they do . How do they get them? They ain't all stolen !

Hey timmy.....here is your gun control paradise....

Met police performance criticised as London gun and knife crime soar

Gun and knife crime jumped in London over the last year, official figures show – as the Metropolitan police’s performance was criticised by the official inspectorate.

Gun crime was up 42% and knife crime rose 24%. Overall crime was up 4.5% to nearly 774,737 offences, with 16.72% counted as solved, down from 18.8% the previous year.

The Met published the figures on Wednesday as Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary highlighted “some areas of serious concern” – drawing attention to several problems faced by Britain’s largest force as its new commissioner, Cressida Dick, takes over.

Do you really want to compare per capita gun deaths in London vs us cities ?

Yeah.....because it isn't the guns that are the issue...the issue is the impulse control problem of American criminals, who resort to murder quickly and easily compared to the crimnals in Britain..who also have access to guns....

Nope...but the concentration of gun crime is heavily in democrat voting districts....where they fight increasing prison sentences on repeat gun offenders...and where gangs help get democrat politicians elected.

Nope...but the concentration of gun crime is heavily in democrat voting districts....where they fight increasing prison sentences on repeat gun offenders...and where gangs help get democrat politicians elected.

You're foolish if you think street thugs vote.

Safety regulations and attacking poverty is how you lower gun violence rate .

Forum List

Back