Immigrants found superglued into the back of a lorry 'survived by eating cargo of Belgian chocolate'

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Eleven immigrants who were super glued into the back of a lorry survived eating the 'expensive' Belgian chocolate it was transporting, it has been claimed.

Ten Iraqis - including three children under the age of 15 - and one Afghan national were discovered when the lorry pulled into a lay-by and people in a nearby cafe heard "shouting".

Police arrived but were forced to call the fire service for help to open the lorry from Europe because the locks had been glued shut, onlookers said.

The cafe owner at the lay-by on the A303 near Warminster, Wilts., said the migrants had been eating "very expensive Belgian chocolate" being transported in the lorry.

They were medically assessed and were held on suspicion of illegally entering the UK, police said.

Dave Thomas, owner of The Willoughby Hedge Layby cafe said: "I was in the cafe on site with three drivers when someone came in and said that there was large banging on the side of one of the lorries.

"A couple of the drivers come in every Saturday just after lunch coming back from the continent and so once we were told of the banging, they went straight away to the back of the lorry to try and open the doors, but to no avail.

Immigrants found superglued into the back of a lorry 'survived by eating cargo of Belgian chocolate'

That's insane.

I know the story says "chocolate" but it smells like an Onion.

My first thought reading the title of this thread was that someone had glued the immigrants to the back of the lorry.

Forum List

Back