Immigration is Destroying America.

Immigration is not destroying America. Immigration built the United States of America.

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.”
Immigration did, indeed, build the United States of America.

And, now that we're all-done building, we don't need it at the same levels as we once did.

And we're certainly NOT hard-up enough to give the current 12,000,000 Illegal Aliens a Shamnesty.

I have made no such arguments, you dishonest douche. Tell your straw man to stop slamming you so hard from behind, you're not thinking straight.
True... it's just your strident, hyper-active insistence that we still have plenty of room to take in more, that makes your heretofore (within the narrow band of my own awareness of such things) unknown ultimate position suspect... an understandable albeit (possibly) premature assumption whose accuracy may or may not be proved-out over the course of time. Guess I'll have to keep an eye on it; not that it's terribly important in the larger scheme of things.

In other words, you were talking out your ass and making assumptions. And we DO have "plenty of room" for LEGAL immigrants to join our nation of immigrants.
No, I (may have) made a mistake, in making such an assumption, and proceeded logically from a (possible) false assumption, and, when it was pointed-out to me, I promptly acknowledged the error, and admitted it openly and honestly, rather than resorting to name-calling and non sequiturs.

Any other brilliant observations to share with the class?

Most of America would be willing to trade 12mm TPM for 12mm illegal immigrants.

I think the US has enough people and pollution, but if immigrants do get in, just cut out the beaners and carpet kissers, the former because we have enough gardeners already, the latter because sharia law is just way too obnoxious for civilized society. Deal?

Immigration itself is not necessarily the problem for the system regardless of how slow it works is working. The problem arises with Politicians, the President, Congress, the INS, Border Patrol and the DOJ for not doing the job they were hired/elected to do. They all allowed illegal immigration to go unpunished for years and now they want to reform the system to cover their tracks and have an election year subject to ram down the voters throats. Oh, and do not forget all those who are granted immunity/fast track to citizenship can vote for all the pols who support open borders.
All persons caught crossing the border illegally should immediately, the same day, be put on a bus and taken back to where they came; that is after being fingerprinted, photographed and documented for the illegal crossing. Those individuals must be put in a data base available to all law enforcement and if ever caught again jailed in the harshest of conditions for 1 year.

Here are what I see as the HARMS of Immigration (in America). Feel free to dispute, debate, confirm, or whatever on any one or combination of these. This should be a good, rousing debate (but please try to stay on topic)

Harms of Immigration

1. Americans lose jobs. (especially Whites due to affirmative action).

2. Wage reduction.

3. Tax $ lost (due to off books work + lower wages paid).

4. Remittance $$$ lost. ($170 Billion year).

5. Tax $$ lost to immigrants on welfare.

6. Increased crime.

7. Increased traffic congestion.

8. Increased pollution.

9. Overcrowding in hospital ERs.

10. Overcrowding in recreational facilities.

11. Overcrowding in government offices.

12. Overcrowding in schools.

13. Decrease in funds available for entitlements.

14. Cultural erosion.

15. Overuse of scarce resources (oil, gasoline, fresh water, jobs, electricity, food, etc)

16. Introduction of foreign diseases

My wife is an immigrant. She is not diseased, is not on welfare, and has been working as a nurse for over 20 years.

She is now attending college at age 50, pays full tuition, pays taxes, and does not even use BOG or Pell grants.

So what is your problem, other then apparently you do not like anybody who is not white?

My wife is an immigrant. She is not diseased, is not on welfare, and has been working as a nurse for over 20 years. She is now attending college at age 50, pays full tuition, pays taxes, and does not even use BOG or Pell grants. So what is your problem, other then apparently you do not like anybody who is not white?
Did she come here legally, and stay legally?

My wife is an immigrant. She is not diseased, is not on welfare, and has been working as a nurse for over 20 years. She is now attending college at age 50, pays full tuition, pays taxes, and does not even use BOG or Pell grants. So what is your problem, other then apparently you do not like anybody who is not white?

Irrelevant, because the OP said nothing about illegal or legal immigration, they said immigration.

And FYI, my Wife hates illegal immigrants with a passion. She does not understand why people who willingly break the law should be allowed to remain in the US, while people like her who do everything legally have to wait in lines and pay huge amounts of money to do things legally.

Irrelevant, because the OP said nothing about illegal or legal immigration, they said immigration.

And FYI, my Wife hates illegal immigrants with a passion. She does not understand why people who willingly break the law should be allowed to remain in the US, while people like her who do everything legally have to wait in lines and pay huge amounts of money to do things legally.
Your response tells me that she arrived here legally and stayed here legally; honorably and above-board, with our prior and express consent.

She was (and is) most welcome to join us, as are all who do it the right way, at our pace, and at our discretion.
teeth_smile.gif

Here are what I see as the HARMS of Immigration (in America). Feel free to dispute, debate, confirm, or whatever on any one or combination of these. This should be a good, rousing debate (but please try to stay on topic)

Harms of Immigration

2. Wage reduction.

6. Increased crime.

8. Increased pollution.

14. Cultural erosion.

15. Overuse of scarce resources (oil, gasoline, fresh water, jobs, electricity, food, etc)

I agree, but it's not immigration, rather ILLEGAL immigration that is causing the problems. Our immigration laws limit the number of people who can become citizens and we have conditions. Illegals just come with no means of supporting themselves unless they steal identities and take jobs for low pay. They still get welfare on top of being paid under the table. We have tens of millions of illegals who had ten times more anchor babies to get welfare, so it's a population explosion and they are costing more than helping to carry the burden.

Harms of Immigration

2. Wage reduction.

6. Increased crime.

8. Increased pollution.

14. Cultural erosion.

I agree, but it's not immigration, rather ILLEGAL immigration that is causing the problems. Our immigration laws limit the number of people who can become citizens and we have conditions. Illegals just come with no means of supporting themselves unless they steal identities and take jobs for low pay. They still get welfare on top of being paid under the table. We have tens of millions of illegals who had ten times more anchor babies to get welfare, so it's a population explosion and they are costing more than helping to carry the burden.

If they steal identities, why would they work under the table? If they steal identities, don't they pay taxes? If they're working and making money, don't they spend it in the economy? If they're here and working illegally, someone had to hire them. And thus we have the answer to the problem.

If an employer knowing (within set standards) hires an illegal alien, the fine is $50 Million and 50 years in prison. Simple.

You are a myopic, illogical moron. I would encourage you to think about the consequences for a moment, but you are clearly incapable of such a feat.

Short-term trends do not translate into long-term ones.

The 2010 Census showed a population figure larger than 2000.

The 2000 Census showed a population figure larger than 1990.

The 1990 Census showed a population figure larger than 1980.

The 1980 Census...

The 1800 Census showed a population figure larger than 1790.

Like I said...

Wake me up when you've got something substantive to show us.

Like the 2020 Census showing a population figure smaller than 2010.

Until then, it's all speculation and interim, short-term spot-checking that will (a) not amount to anything substantive, and (b) trigger a welcome reduction in population, if true.

And the short-term trend - if actually true - can be explained-away by the economy - people always have fewer children during lean economic times.

Either way, the Nation wins, without having to concede citizenship to the 12,000,000 Illegal Aliens presently upon United States soil without our permission.

Last edited:
Illegals just come with no means of supporting themselves unless they steal identities and take jobs for low pay. They still get welfare on top of being paid under the table. We have tens of millions of illegals who had ten times more anchor babies to get welfare, so it's a population explosion and they are costing more than helping to carry the burden.

You are more or less right except for the "population explosion" part.

Forum List

Back