Immoral, Fat, Lazy, Stupid

krisy said:
I've seen Farenhype 911,but not Farenheit 911. Even without seeing MM's movie,Farenhype was very good,my husband borrowed it off someone at work.
I have Celsius 41.11 as well, that is a good film, too.

Mr Farah makes some very good points! It's a sad fact that even though we have a Republican administration now, we as a country are still far way from actually having a self governing mindset..........The cradle to grave trough is too entrenched in society, and would take a lot of deprogramming to turn that one around.......Possible but not likely.

Bonnie said:
Mr Farah makes some very good points! It's a sad fact that even though we have a Republican administration now, we as a country are still far way from actually having a self governing mindset..........The cradle to grave trough is too entrenched in society, and would take a lot of deprogramming to turn that one around.......Possible but not likely.
True.... in many ways, we are like the Russians (gasp!) in this regard....

They had three generations of total government control and are having a devil of a time getting used to freedom and the temptation to slip back into tyranny (and if Putin has his way, he'll be glad to provide them with just that!).

We too, are so brainwashed by having big government that we automatically think that whenever a problem comes along that the solution has a government component to it. It's almost like an alcoholic who gives up drinking. He can't imagine a day without being drunk.

KarlMarx said:

They had three generations of total government control and are having a devil of a time getting used to freedom and the temptation to slip back into tyranny (and if Putin has his way, he'll be glad to provide them with just that!).

We too, are so brainwashed by having big government that we automatically think that whenever a problem comes along that the solution has a government component to it. It's almost like an alcoholic who gives up drinking. He can't imagine a day without being drunk.

I would happily return to the days of a more Libertarian style government.

KarlMarx said:

Can you imagine what people today would do if they suddenly found themselves back in pre-colonial/colonial times when people built their own homes from trees they cut down, and generally lived on sheer will and determination? Im not saying id want to either, however it should give people pause to remember just how our country's first citizens (yes native Americans included) really lived their lives.

Bonnie said:
Can you imagine what people today would do if they suddenly found themselves back in pre-colonial/colonial times when people built their own homes from trees they cut down, and generally lived on sheer will and determination? Im not saying id want to either, however it should give people pause to remember just how our country's first citizens (yes native Americans included) really lived their lives.
My grandfather, when he was alive, used to have a saying (and this is a translation from the Italian)... "When times are good, people are bad, and when times are bad, people are good"....

I think what he meant was virtue has a lot of what I'd like to call "survival value"... people had to be self reliant, hard working, learned to cooperate and so on.... the alternative would have been certain death.....

However, as our country has become rich and successful, we've slowly forgotten the very virtues that got us here in the first place.

I remember Edward Gibbon, the author of "Decline and fall of the Roman Empire" made the same observation....

I guess my grandfather, with nothing more than a 3rd grade education, somehow managed to learn one of the great truths of history....

Bonnie said:

People today are lazy, and lazy makes fat. They don't get enough excersize, and they don't eat right. Just take a trip to the mall, a place where you usually see lots of people. It's like taking a trip to fat land. Where fat people used to be the few and far between, now it's the slender people that are the few and far between. People don't care if they're fat. Now they can look around them and say, "hey, everybody else is fat", and they're right.

I'll never be fat. I'll do whatever it takes to stay slender. Slender people live longer and healthier lives.

Pale Rider said:
People today are lazy, and lazy makes fat. They don't get enough excersize, and they don't eat right. Just take a trip to the mall, a place where you usually see lots of people. It's like taking a trip to fat land. Where fat people used to be the few and far between, now it's the slender people that are the few and far between. People don't care if they're fat. Now they can look around them and say, "hey, everybody else is fat", and they're right.

I'll never be fat. I'll do whatever it takes to stay slender. Slender people live longer and healthier lives.

Well I agree sloth one of the seven deadly sins is a big part of the problem, and you are certainly right to do your part by keeping healthy and slim, I do that everyday for many reasons, keeping fit is one, but also keeping mentally fit because it's very empowering to take charge of your life in positive ways.

KarlMarx said:
My grandfather, when he was alive, used to have a saying (and this is a translation from the Italian)... "When times are good, people are bad, and when times are bad, people are good"....

I think what he meant was virtue has a lot of what I'd like to call "survival value"... people had to be self reliant, hard working, learned to cooperate and so on.... the alternative would have been certain death.....

However, as our country has become rich and successful, we've slowly forgotten the very virtues that got us here in the first place.

I remember Edward Gibbon, the author of "Decline and fall of the Roman Empire" made the same observation....

I guess my grandfather, with nothing more than a 3rd grade education, somehow managed to learn one of the great truths of history....

When Rome got liberal it fell...........The mightiest empire fell, because it got too complacent about how it became great. This country, the most powerful and great nation on the planet is on the brink of collapsing, for the same reasons.

Bonnie said:
When Rome got liberal it fell...........The mightiest empire fell, because it got too complacent about how it became great. This country, the most powerful and great nation on the planet is on the brink of collapsing, for the same reasons.
True, three things happened to Rome that helped bring it down (all of which, as you said, made it more "liberal")....

1. Cut military spending, especially with regard to patrolling its borders
2. Didn't do enough about invading barbarians, so they eventually sacked the Western Empire and brought about its downfall in 476 AD
3. Split the empire in two so that they could deal with the invading barbarians, but eventually each half began to think of itself as an independent nation.

These parallels with today are pretty obvious....

1. The first two are like our illegal immigration problem today. We must confront the problem of illegal aliens and we must have a strong military to help us deal with it.
2. The idea of "diversity" is not a good thing. It encourages people to think of themselves as belonging to a group other than American (black, gay, Hispanic etc). We all need to think of ourselves as American first if our nation is to survive.

KarlMarx said:
These parallels with today are pretty obvious....

1. The first two are like our illegal immigration problem today. We must confront the problem of illegal aliens and we must have a strong military to help us deal with it.
2. The idea of "diversity" is not a good thing. It encourages people to think of themselves as belonging to a group other than American (black, gay, Hispanic etc). We all need to think of ourselves as American first if our nation is to survive.

I never thought I'd see America fall in my life time. Now I'm starting to think there's no way I WON'T see it fall. It used to be "the American dream", and "legal" immigrants wanted to BE an American. Well I don't see much of any of that at all anymore. It's all about tearing down what IS American and making it something else, and I can't help but think the "African" American movement wasn't the beginning of the end. Now it's "Mexican" Americans, "Muslim" Americans, "Illegal immigrant" Americans, on and on, anything BUT American, and no one but a hand full of people seem to give a damn about it.

Every time I see a new born, I pity it for the life that's ahead of them.

Pale Rider said:
I never thought I'd see America fall in my life time. Now I'm starting to think there's no way I WON'T see it fall. It used to be "the American dream", and "legal" immigrants wanted to BE an American. Well I don't see much of any of that at all anymore. It's all about tearing down what IS American and making it something else, and I can't help but think the "African" American movement wasn't the beginning of the end. Now it's "Mexican" Americans, "Muslim" Americans, "Illegal immigrant" Americans, on and on, anything BUT American, and no one but a hand full of people seem to give a damn about it.

Every time I see a new born, I pity it for the life that's ahead of them.

Have faith, Im starting to see things turn around here in America, true we have along way to go but the sleeping silent majority is not so sleepy or silent anymore, and pretty pissed off as well..............The pendulum has always swung back and forth througout history, and there have been many times the naysayers said this was the end..I don't beleive anything is set in stone.........With God all things are possible :)

Can anyone give any insight about the Libertarians? I know they're for less government intervention, but what else are they for???

Just for argument what if a couple of states tried to seperate from the union, like Quebec almost did in Canada? It would definitally make the gov. stand up and take notice.

I agree with what some people have posted here regarding the dumbing down of schools and the god awful political correctness that's gone on for far to long.

Trigg said:
Can anyone give any insight about the Libertarians? I know they're for less government intervention, but what else are they for???

Just for argument what if a couple of states tried to seperate from the union, like Quebec almost did in Canada? It would definitally make the gov. stand up and take notice.

I agree with what some people have posted here regarding the dumbing down of schools and the god awful political correctness that's gone on for far to long.

http://www.lp.org/ is a good place to get Libertarian platform....

Bonnie said:
Have faith, Im starting to see things turn around here in America, true we have along way to go but the sleeping silent majority is not so sleepy or silent anymore, and pretty pissed off as well..............The pendulum has always swung back and forth througout history, and there have been many times the naysayers said this was the end..I don't beleive anything is set in stone.........With God all things are possible :)

Well Bon, the pendulum started swinging to left with slick willie and the dragon lady in the White House, and it swung so hard and so fast to the left, that slowing it down is tuff. I'm on board with anyone else who is fighting to get it back. I'm so sick of liberals and the godless aclu wagging war against Christianity that could just spit. I take every opportunity presented to me where people bring the subject up about anything left or right, and I voice my conservative opinion loud and clear and without hesitation, RIGHT IN THEIR FACE. I'm sick of P.C.. I'm sick of the micheal moore's and the rest of the loud mouthed, hollywierd, zealot, eletist, liberals. I'm sick of the left beating the shit out of conservatives, and the conservatives just sitting there and TAKING IT! Why? Because we're nice and don't act like that? Well, yeah, but it's about time to get mad, and mean. Because if we don't, we can forget the pendulum swinging our way. We won't win. We need to fight liberals and their agenda now, today, with everything we've got.

A civil war? If that's what it takes to get our country back. Just tell me when and where, and this old G.I. is there. :firing:

Pale Rider said:
Well Bon, the pendulum started swinging to left with slick willie and the dragon lady in the White House, and it swung so hard and so fast to the left, that slowing it down is tuff. I'm on board with anyone else who is fighting to get it back. I'm so sick of liberals and the godless aclu wagging war against Christianity that could just spit. I take every opportunity presented to me where people bring the subject up about anything left or right, and I voice my conservative opinion loud and clear and without hesitation, RIGHT IN THEIR FACE. I'm sick of P.C.. I'm sick of the micheal moore's and the rest of the loud mouthed, hollywierd, zealot, eletist, liberals. I'm sick of the left beating the shit out of conservatives, and the conservatives just sitting there and TAKING IT! Why? Because we're nice and don't act like that? Well, yeah, but it's about time to get mad, and mean. Because if we don't, we can forget the pendulum swinging our way. We won't win. We need to fight liberals and their agenda now, today, with everything we've got.

A civil war? If that's what it takes to get our country back. Just tell me when and where, and this old G.I. is there. :firing:

A while back I was at a pro-life rally and in one moment I realized what was going on. People on the other side were cursing us out and even accosting a priest who was at the front of our line of protest, and in that second it hit me what truly was going on in our country but also the battle in the world between good and evil. Up to that point I had naively thought of only the the difference of opinion or ideology, I never really saw if for what it was until I was there that Sunday with people screaming and cursing for the right to kill babies, and them thinking they were righteous in every thing they were doing...........They were so proud to be on that side. A true moment of clarity for me.

Bonnie said:
They were so proud to be on that side. A true moment of clarity for me.

That just gave me the heebie-jeebies. I remember one yelling in the face of a Buddhist priest one time....

no1tovote4 said:
That just gave me the heebie-jeebies. I remember one yelling in the face of a Buddhist priest one time....

Eye opening isn't it?? I decided that second to become a fighter and I chose what side I was going to be on.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Forum List

Back