CDZ Impeach or Censure

This is so obvious a POLITICAL Impeachment. I think those in the purple states better be careful. And Censure? Same thing. They can't vote for censure if they didn't get impeachment. Same reason.

This is so obvious a POLITICAL Impeachment. I think those in the purple states better be careful. And Censure? Same thing. They can't vote for censure if they didn't get impeachment. Same reason.

IMHO, if the Dems in purple and red states DON'T vote for impeachment then they're in trouble with another faction in their party - the far left. So, it's damned if you do and damned if you don't, and which is worse for an individual Dem depends on their district. Censure might be an alternative, that's all I'm saying. It's not that unpopular in some places. BUUTTT, it looks like they're going to go with an impeachment vote in the House, which will not get any Repub support and cost some Dems their seats next November.

For in doing so, they open themselves up for criticism from the GOP for trying to invalidate the 2016 election with no actual evidence.
Allow me to disabuse you of the notion there is no evidence. In fact, the evidence is overwhelming..............even without the witness testimony and documents Trump is illegally blocking from being entered in to the record. Please read..........20191203_-_full_report___hpsci_impeachment_inquiry_-_20191203.pdf

IMHO, if the Dems in purple and red states DON'T vote for impeachment then they're in trouble with another faction in their party - the far left. So, it's damned if you do and damned if you don't, and which is worse for an individual Dem depends on their district. Censure might be an alternative, that's all I'm saying. It's not that unpopular in some places. BUUTTT, it looks like they're going to go with an impeachment vote in the House, which will not get any Repub support and cost some Dems their seats next November.
Given the mountain of corroborated evidence Trump abused his office and committed a crime what responsible congressperson could not vote for impeachment?

They have no good options left. They've painted themselves into a corner. If they vote to impeach, they'll lose in the Senate and in 2020.
If they vote to censure, everyone will know they don't have anything for which to impeach him.
Either way they're screwed.
America is screwed "either" way, yeah, and we all participated in the demise.
Speak for yourself. I support the guy who is actually doing something for the country. What have the Democrats done besides try to drive Trump out of office?

I'm sorry, I'm not part of the "lessor of two evils" duopoly paradigm. Don had two years with majorities in both houses. See any immigration legislation? Of course you didn't. Obama had the same in his first two years.

You "speak for yourself" by glomming onto the party you deem "least corrupt" if ya like.
Pardon me for pointing out early on Obama was a bit preoccupied with trying to keep the country from slipping in to a depression and reforming healthcare. Immigration reform legislation passed the Senate during his tenure but was blocked from coming to the House floor for a vote by the coward John Boehner.

A Guide to S.744: Understanding the 2013 Senate Immigration Bill

For in doing so, they open themselves up for criticism from the GOP for trying to invalidate the 2016 election with no actual evidence.
Allow me to disabuse you of the notion there is no evidence. In fact, the evidence is overwhelming..............even without the witness testimony and documents Trump is illegally blocking from being entered in to the record. Please read..........20191203_-_full_report___hpsci_impeachment_inquiry_-_20191203.pdf
What evidence? No hearsay, actual eyewitnesses? Even the president of the Ukraine said there was no bribery. So who knows of a dcemand? "Do me a favor..." does not rise to an impeachable event.
How many investigations and millions have been spent to find a crime and have gone without?

Why are they making this impeachment effort the fastest in history? Afraid the Democrats will listen to the truth? Why no witnesses on the side of the GOP?

What has this Congress accomplished? Nothing. Impeachment is the only issue on their radar. Vote them all out so we can get Representatives that do the business of government!

Given the mountain of corroborated evidence Trump abused his office and committed a crime what responsible congressperson could not vote for impeachment?
Mountain of hearsay and assumptions. Why no republican witnesses. Doesn't that seem odd? Weren't they around at the time of the grievances?

You can't have witnesses who didn't witness anything. Have you all just abandoned basic logic in your blood lust to take down Trump?

Yes Republican witness, no ones giving an inch, I cant believe you act this way at home. war is not fun.

You can't have witnesses who didn't witness anything. Have you all just abandoned basic logic in your blood lust to take down Trump?
Al Green says we can keep impeaching numerous times after he is reelected. Lol...This guy is way dumber than he looks, and that I thought wasn't possible.

Al Green says we can keep impeaching numerous times after he is reelected. Lol...This guy is way dumber than he looks, and that I thought wasn't possible.

If the Dems lose the House next November then all this impeachment stuff is over. Plus, if the Dems want to impeach Trump again then they're really only cutting their own throats politically. IMHO, they'd lose the House by an even larger margin.

Last edited:

If the Dems lose the House next November then all this impeachment stuff is over. Plus, if the Dems want to impeach Trump again then they're really only cutting their own throats politically. IMHO, they'd lose the House by an even larger margin.
Pelosi would finally resign.

Will the House Democrats vote to impeach Trump
Yes, they will, they must. If they follow the law and the Constitution their hands are tied.

The republicans in the senate may go for the censure option in an attempt to save face.

It will fail, they have no face left to save. It's all buried deep in tRump's ass.

Kinda like what’s going to happen to you again in 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will the House Democrats vote to impeach Trump
Yes, they will, they must. If they follow the law and the Constitution their hands are tied.

The republicans in the senate may go for the censure option in an attempt to save face.

It will fail, they have no face left to save. It's all buried deep in tRump's ass.

Kinda like what’s going to happen to you again in 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, completely unrelated.

Will the House Democrats vote to impeach Trump? Seems risky if they do, assuming enough Dems in red or purple states vote 'YES'. For in doing so, they open themselves up for criticism from the GOP for trying to invalidate the 2016 election with no actual evidence. AND, then the issue goes to the GOP-controlled Senate, who can and will subpoena their own witnesses, including the Bidens and others that will make the Dems look very bad indeed. Not to mention others, such as Schiff and the whistleblower himself.

In an election year next year, would the Dems want their Senators running for re-election or for president stuck in the Senate chambers attending the trial? Would they instead not attend, opening themselves up for criticism from their own hard left? What are all the moderates and independents going to think about the Dems who promised to work on other issues that were important to the voters, but instead wasted their time trying to impeach Trump knowing full well the GOP-controlled Senate is not going to remove him from office?

It's hard to see that happening IMHO. I think instead we'll see the House Dems vote to censure Trump for trying to use the foreign aid to the Ukraine as leverage to get them to provide dirt on Joe Biden. Never mind that they really don't have a solid case, or the fact the Biden himself is guilty of essentially the same damn thing, or that 3 Dem Senators are also guilty of the same thing too. Are they (Dems) that stupid, to hold an impeachment vote? Maybe it boils down to how much control (fear) the Democrats have for their far left.
Primaries aren't that far away.

They are going to impeach....they were going to impeach the minute the polls closed after the election and hilary lost....

Censure? I have not heard of this before, for a President. A statement saying "Bad boy?"" After how many days and weeks and months of work and effort to compile evidence, they are going to say "That wasn't nice?"

Censureship pretty much destroyed Joseph McCarthy.

They are going to impeach....they were going to impeach the minute the polls closed after the election and hilary lost....
If the Democrats were rational, I think they would go with censuring Trump, but they have left the Fields of Reason the morning after the election.

Evidence hidden by Schiff tells quite different story... There is problem with withholding exculpatory evidence that exonerates a person or president... And now Schiff will have to explain why he withheld it!

Forum List

Back