Impeachable offense? Try Bribery

The Constitution is generally vague on what constitutes an impeachable offense
One of the crimes it specifically identifies as impeachable is.....Bribery

The Constitution Says ‘Bribery’ Is Impeachable. What Does That Mean?

In fact, the Founders had a broader conception of bribery than what’s in the criminal code. Their understanding was derived from English law, under which bribery was understood as an officeholder’s abuse of the power of an office to obtain a private benefit rather than for the public interest. This definition not only encompasses Trump’s conduct—it practically defines it.
Who did he bribe?....this is the 4th time I've asked you this question and you have yet to answer....

For the fourth time.......Zelensky and the Ukraine

You want military aid? You must provide information I can use against my opponents.
Pelosi and Schiff have nothing...and you have even less than that....you had better go back to Russia Russia Russia.....

The government of Ukraine. DUH?
No he didn't....at least not in the infamous phone call...I read the full transcript....no one was bribed....maybe you should read it too....

I've read the call many times over. Did you actually read the call?
Yes I have...maybe you could copy and paste the bribe for me....should take you only 10 seconds....

You got it bum:

So What Exactly Is the Crime Trump is Guilty Of?

Help up aid was the context for the call.

In the conversation (which dupes like you should read for yourself instead of relying on Trump's propaganda) Trump specifically talks about how Ukraine is not reciprocating the generous aid United States is providing and then proceeds to tell Ukranian President who Trump wants investigated.

Direct text from transcript:

Trump: United States has been very very good to Ukraine. I wouldn't say that it's reciprocal necessarily because things are happening that are not good but the United States has been very very good to Ukraine.

Zelenskyy: I would also like to thank you for your great support in the area of defense. We are ready to continue to cooperate for the next steps specifically we are almost. ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes.

Trump: I would like you to do us a favor...I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it.

Zelenskyy: Yes it is very important for me and everything that you just mentioned earlier. For me as a President, it is very important and we are open for any future cooperation.

Trump: Good because I heard you had a prosecutor who was very good and he was shut down and that's really unfair....Mr. Giuliani is a highly respected man...and I would like him to call you. If you could speak to him that would be great. The former ambassador from the United States, the woman, was bad news and the people she was dealing with in the Ukraine were bad news so I just want to let you know that. The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that.

Read the transcript of Trump's conversation with Volodymyr Zelensky - CNNPolitics
So the president of the United states should just hand over 400 million dollars in aid without asking about corruption in the country he is sending it to?...are you that moronic?...I still see no crime...how about you tell me in your own words if you are capable...freaking idiot....
Good point-glad Trump is watching out for our money.

In fact, the Founders had a broader conception of bribery than what’s in the criminal code. Their understanding was derived from English law, under which bribery was understood as an officeholder’s abuse of the power of an office to obtain a private benefit rather than for the public interest. This definition not only encompasses Trump’s conduct—it practically defines it.
Who did he bribe?....this is the 4th time I've asked you this question and you have yet to answer....

You want military aid? You must provide information I can use against my opponents.
Pelosi and Schiff have nothing...and you have even less than that....you had better go back to Russia Russia Russia.....

What Trump, himself, released in the transcript is inexcusabld

What his staff is revealing about the scandal is even worse. Rudy is going to jail

What his staff is revealing about the scandal is even worse. Rudy is going to jail
The transcript is nothing-the squawking birdies are government lifers afraid they will lose their jobs unless they get rid of Trump. Nothing burger-Schiff is the real criminal and threat-why, why can't YOU see that???

Does anyone here REALLY believe Joe Biden when he claims that he and his son never discussed anything to do with the Ukraine? Never discussed anything to do with China when Joe was taking Hunter on Air Force II to visit the Chinese?

Just how naïve ARE you on the left?
Why doesn’t Trump investigate?

Maybe because it is just another Conspiracy Theory Trump believes in

Ah, isn't Trump asking the Ukrainian President to look into what the Biden's were doing...EXACTLY THAT?

The transcript is nothing-the squawking birdies are government lifers afraid they will lose their jobs unless they get rid of Trump. Nothing burger-Schiff is the real criminal and threat-why, why can't YOU see that???
The Transcript is damning
Testimony from those who were there affirms the suspicions
The participation of Giuliani is criminal

Does anyone here REALLY believe Joe Biden when he claims that he and his son never discussed anything to do with the Ukraine? Never discussed anything to do with China when Joe was taking Hunter on Air Force II to visit the Chinese?

Ah, isn't Trump asking the Ukrainian President to look into what the Biden's were doing...EXACTLY THAT?

Trump controls the Justice Department
THEY can investigate wrongdoing. Ukraine has no jurisdiction
Trump was asking for them to provide information to obtain aid

Trump was asking for them to provide information to obtain aid

So they can go to Ukraine and just raid the offices of the company Biden "worked" for?

Zelensky: We are ready to continue to cooperate for the next steps. specifically we are almost ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes.

The President: I would like you to do us a favor though
Zelenski:....ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes.
The President: I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation. I think you're surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it. As you saw yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it's very important that you do it if that's possible.
Read the transcript of Trump's conversation with Volodymyr Zelensky - CNNPolitics

Sounds like an entirely different conversation than Biden and son, doesn't it? Context is everything when you're trying to move the truth, RW.
It sounds more like a conversation about a security breach during the last election stemming from the Ukraine

All wrong. There are none so blind as those who will not see. Who gains what? Trump gains election points over a guy who can't get the nomination? Makes NO sense. Schiff gets some power which to him is both a narcotic and aphrodisiac. BINGO!

giphy.gif

No, he asked that they look into corruption...

giphy.gif
OOH-Trump's biggest supporter.

Zelensky: We are ready to continue to cooperate for the next steps. specifically we are almost ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes.

Zelenski:....ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes.
The President: I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation. I think you're surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it. As you saw yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it's very important that you do it if that's possible.

Sounds like an entirely different conversation than Biden and son, doesn't it? Context is everything when you're trying to move the truth, RW.
It sounds more like a conversation about a security breach during the last election stemming from the Ukraine
Seems like a political fishing expedition to garner dirt on a political opponent

Trump made it clear that we do much for Ukraine and get nothing in return. political payback was the return he expected

Seems like a political fishing expedition to garner dirt on a political opponent

Trump made it clear that we do much for Ukraine and get nothing in return. political payback was the return he expected

And we never allow those...……..

The government of Ukraine. DUH?
No he didn't....at least not in the infamous phone call...I read the full transcript....no one was bribed....maybe you should read it too....

I've read the call many times over. Did you actually read the call?
Yes I have...maybe you could copy and paste the bribe for me....should take you only 10 seconds....

You got it bum:

So What Exactly Is the Crime Trump is Guilty Of?

Help up aid was the context for the call.

In the conversation (which dupes like you should read for yourself instead of relying on Trump's propaganda) Trump specifically talks about how Ukraine is not reciprocating the generous aid United States is providing and then proceeds to tell Ukranian President who Trump wants investigated.

Direct text from transcript:

Trump: United States has been very very good to Ukraine. I wouldn't say that it's reciprocal necessarily because things are happening that are not good but the United States has been very very good to Ukraine.

Zelenskyy: I would also like to thank you for your great support in the area of defense. We are ready to continue to cooperate for the next steps specifically we are almost. ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes.

Trump: I would like you to do us a favor...I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it.

Zelenskyy: Yes it is very important for me and everything that you just mentioned earlier. For me as a President, it is very important and we are open for any future cooperation.

Trump: Good because I heard you had a prosecutor who was very good and he was shut down and that's really unfair....Mr. Giuliani is a highly respected man...and I would like him to call you. If you could speak to him that would be great. The former ambassador from the United States, the woman, was bad news and the people she was dealing with in the Ukraine were bad news so I just want to let you know that. The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that.

So the president of the United states should just hand over 400 million dollars in aid without asking about corruption in the country he is sending it to?...are you that moronic?...I still see no crime...how about you tell me in your own words if you are capable...freaking idiot....

One thing missing on the call is concern about general corruption, which kinda makes calims like these laughable.

When asked by reporters to name ANYONE who he asked to investigate that doesn't also happen to be his political oppposition, Trump could not and deffered to checking with his people.. When asked again a week later he STILL could not.

But TO THE CONTRARY of anti-corruption concerns, Trump on the call is seen putting in a good word for the swamper who's direct deputy quit in protest of what he described as "rampant corruption". Zelensky eventually re-instated that deputy, kept the fired inspector fired.

Read up chump:
Trump endorses Ukraine's swamp monster, prosecutor Viktor Shokin

Trump specifically demanded “favors” in return for discussing military aid

Rather than favors that are in the interests of the United States, he demanded information that could be used against a political rival for his personal gain

The very definition of bribery
That happens with every administration. LOL. You’re so uneducated.

No, it doesn't
So this is your new excuse? "Everyone does it".

Prove it. Who did Obama threaten to get dirt on Romney? Certainly you assfucks have something on this?

The president must use any means necessary to protect the United States against foreign and Domestic enemy's

He was well with in the Constitution to blow the whistle on bidens corruption.

What corruption is that. Trump's own advisors told him there was nothing there.

Trump is now funneling campaign money to Republicans backing him on impeachment. Since these Republicans will be voting, this is bribery.

Both Trump & the accepting Republicans can very well end up on jail.

Forum List

Back