In A Country Where All Men Are Created Equal

rcfieldz

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2014
U.S.A.
In A Country Where All Men Are Created Equal
For another year, I just watched NBC news pay tribute on it's national night time tv broadcast and they mentioned today as the day John Lennon(35 years ago) was shot dead. But they never mention on this same day(11 years ago) Darrell "Dimebag" Abbott and others were killed also.
11 Years Ago: Dimebag Darrell Slain Onstage in Ohio
Why Dimebag Darrell was slain on stage
Dimebag Darrell had wild riffs & a wilder life
Dimebag Darrell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I see that this man's life is lesser in the eyes of the (some) media.

I don't think Dimebag's life was somehow less important as much as John and the Beatles were such a force both musically and culturally. John's death was just such an unexpected event and was really just the end of the 60s and 70s. It was the end of an era. Dimebag and Pantera just didn't have the same influence on a whole generation.

I don't think Dimebag's life was somehow less important as much as John and the Beatles were such a force both musically and culturally. John's death was just such an unexpected event and was really just the end of the 60s and 70s. It was the end of an era. Dimebag and Pantera just didn't have the same influence on a whole generation.

Panteras influence is vastly underappreciated.

I was born in the 70s and loved LOVED Pantera. Dimebag is one of the reasons I took up the guitar, but there is no way you can compare the Beatles and Pantera..

They were both just two musicians with different musical styles. One was a hippy dippy who opposed the Vietnam war and the other a loud,in your face, heavy metal guitarist. Just one tho seems to be elevated to a Christ-like mythical legend by the media, when both were slain by deranged mentally ill stalkers.

Forum List

Back