In case you ignorantly think all cops are 'evil' / 'racist'...

I never thought that all cops were evil or racist. Matter of fact, I've known some police over the years who I thought were pretty decent guys.

However...................the one percent of the cops that ARE evil or racist are giving the rest of the cops a bad name.

Unfortunately, people have a tendency to believe the worst about a situation that sounds bad. Why? Part of the survival mechanism, because if you hear of a bad situation somewhere else, you want to avoid it in your own life.

When you see the optics like have been shown in the last couple of weeks re: LEO's, it is a wonder that we don't have more problems. Sometimes I contemplate whether there is underlying forces stirring up tensions to be fed to the viewing public. The BLM movement was hot and heavy in the media until the Nice, France terrorist activity and then less than 24 hour later here we go off to Turkey to a real live coup. Pop some popcorn and go get a twelve pack. I'm rambling I will shutup...

You know, I'm wondering why the military has higher entrance standards, as well as higher accountability of their members than the police force does?

I know from being part of the Base Security Force in Newport RI how police procedures are supposed to go, and in the cases of many of these officers caught on video, they didn't appear to follow the procedures that I learned.

Cops don't necessarily need more pay (I'd rather see a 4 percent pay raise annually for the military), but rather they need better training and more accountability.

They actually raised $150,000 through a gofundme page, and he now has a job and he can continue his education without being homeless. He has what it takes to be a winner. So happy for him.

I certainly don't! The cops deserve higher pay for the shit they deal with...Lets pay more taxes so we can give it to them.
The higher taxes should include better training and better background checks to weed out the bad apples.

I certainly don't! The cops deserve higher pay for the shit they deal with...Lets pay more taxes so we can give it to them.
With things getting more and more dangerous out there in this day and age, I most definitely second this.

God bless you and our law enforcement officers always!!!

Holly

People will support the police, right up to the point it requires spending a bunch more money and having each officer work fewer hours in the field. People will support the police taking extra precautions for their own safety right up until the point they are pulled over and are the object of those additional protection practices. Not all police officers are bad, but even the nicest guy in the world can make a bad call in the heat of the moment as well.

Many police are rather courteous when they want to be. It is largely situational. I was a passenger in a car the overheated and broke down on the side of the road one night. As soon as we started to pull off onto the shoulder the blue lights came on right behind us. The cop said he saw that we were losing fluid at a pretty good rate so he followed us knowing we would need assistance before too long.

Forum List

Back