In Case You Missed It.....

No. I want the stats to show how many people getting assistance don't deserve it. You brought it up.

I would suggest probably 85-90%. I can't give you anything better than that for 2 reasons.

1. I don't waste my time trying to prove common sense to other people.

2. YOUR Government refuses to do the research necessary to come up with the numbers.

Are you aware that most food stamp recipients are children and elderly? Do you know how many vets get food stamps?

And if you're talking "assistance", what about wounded vets? Yeah, I know - you hate Michelle Obama because she fights for jobs and housing for vets and their families.

Fact is, you're talking out your fat old butt. What you wrote is NOT common sense. Its just your usual brainless hate.
Want to talk about appreciation for our military?????

The Democrats want people to make $15.00 an hour for flipping burgers, but a lot of our military families have to get food stamps because of the low pay they get. Why don't the Obamas try to get more pay for the people that are putting their lives on the line for us?????

And I'm glad you brought up the VA, since it's a total wreck under Obama..... Vets are DYING waiting for medical treatment!!!!!!!!

Like the VA always functioned so well before Obama was elected?

Another RW lie is that before Obama was elected, the ME was peaceful, tranquil and had never known a moment of unrest.

:rolleyes:

Does this chart require any explaniation?

http://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/default/files/pd/SNAPsummary.pdf

Look at the participation rate column. It's fucking awesome!
Amazing. A recoverying economy and yet more and more people are signing up for food stamps. If that isnt the Democratic model of success I dont know what is.

Take a good look at the chart. Really study it.
Yes it shows rising levels of dependence WHat about this is unknown to you?

No. I want the stats to show how many people getting assistance don't deserve it. You brought it up.

I would suggest probably 85-90%. I can't give you anything better than that for 2 reasons.

2. YOUR Government refuses to do the research necessary to come up with the numbers.

Are you aware that most food stamp recipients are children and elderly? Do you know how many vets get food stamps?

And if you're talking "assistance", what about wounded vets? Yeah, I know - you hate Michelle Obama because she fights for jobs and housing for vets and their families.

Fact is, you're talking out your fat old butt. What you wrote is NOT common sense. Its just your usual brainless hate.
Want to talk about appreciation for our military?????

The Democrats want people to make $15.00 an hour for flipping burgers, but a lot of our military families have to get food stamps because of the low pay they get. Why don't the Obamas try to get more pay for the people that are putting their lives on the line for us?????

And I'm glad you brought up the VA, since it's a total wreck under Obama..... Vets are DYING waiting for medical treatment!!!!!!!!

Like the VA always functioned so well before Obama was elected?

Another RW lie is that before Obama was elected, the ME was peaceful, tranquil and had never known a moment of unrest.

:rolleyes:
But according to you Bush so screwed everythign up it is amazing we havent seen WW3. And that is solely due to the powers of Maobama.

Amazing. A recoverying economy and yet more and more people are signing up for food stamps. If that isnt the Democratic model of success I dont know what is.

No...please...take a good look. You don't seem to understand charts very well.

I'll let you explain this one. This will be good.

Just look at the participation column. Look how it went up steadily between 2001 and 2006 when the shit was supposed to be awesome. We had you dream. A nutter POTUS , and nutter Congress. Look at that shit!

Then...take a look at when the biggest jump took place. You want to blame that on Obama...but you can't.

Finally..look at the drop between 2013 and 2014. It's on the way back down. Largest drop since Clinton.

It will be lower this year too. And next.

You colossal retard.

I am well aware that most of food stamp recipients are at one end of their lifespan or the other. Parents should not be having kids they can't support. The elderly should not continue to live beyond the point where they can support themselves or have family who will support them. Veterans who were disabled during their service do deserve to be assisted within very strict limits..

Again, Veterans who were wounded during their services should be assisted by the Government. Civilian CITIZENS who are disabled due to circumstances beyond their control should be assisted as well (within limits). Beyond that, NOBODY should be getting assistance from the Government.

Service Members should be paying attention to the limitations of their benefits before getting married or having children.

Common Sense says you don't impose YOUR needs upon others. You provide for yourself, and if you put yourself in a shitty position, you need to take those consequences upon yourself, not impose them upon me and the other taxpayers.

Just look at the participation column. Look how it went up steadily between 2001 and 2006 when the shit was supposed to be awesome. We had you dream. A nutter POTUS , and nutter Congress. Look at that shit!

Then...take a look at when the biggest jump took place. You want to blame that on Obama...but you can't.

Finally..look at the drop between 2013 and 2014. It's on the way back down. Largest drop since Clinton.

It will be lower this year too. And next.

You colossal retard.
By 2013, well into the supposed recovery, enrollment more than doubled over 2008. That it declined slightly between '13 and '14 is almost inconsequential.
You cannot read and interpret a chart. We can add that to the many skills you lack.

Since obj declared war on poverty we have spent 22 trillion.....3x the amount spent on all wars since the american revolution and yet we have record numbers in poverty.
CIVILIAN CONSERVATION CORPS FACTS

Duration of program: April 5, 1933 to June 30, 1942

Nicknames: "Roosevelt's Tree Army", "Tree Troopers", "Soil Soldiers", "Cee's", "3 C's", "Colossal College of Calluses", "Woodpecker Warriors."

Total Men Enrolled: 3,463,766

Juniors, Veterans, and Native American Enrollees: 2,876,638

Territorial Enrollees 50,000 (estimated)

Nonenrolled Personnel: 263,755

Average Enrollee: 18 to 19 years old, 147 pounds, 5' 81/4" tall

Average Weight Gain of Enrollees in First 3 Months: 11.5 pounds

Well-known Actor Enrolled in CCC: Raymond Burr, enrollee at Camp Whitmore, California

Number of Illiterate Enrollees Taught to Read: more than 40,000

Average Number of Camps Operating in U.S. Per Year: 1,643

Total Number of Different Camps: 4,500

Highest Elevation of CCC Camp: 9,200 feet above sea level, in Colorado.

Lowest Elevation of CCC Camp: 270 feet below sea level, Death Valley, California

Camp Locations: every state in the union, plus Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands

Total Cost: 3 billion dollars

Approximate Cost Per Enrollee Per Year in 1940 for Food, Clothing, Overhead, and Allotments to Dependents: $1,000

Allotments to Dependents: $662,895,000

Number of People Directly Benefited from Enrollees Checks: 12 to 15 million

Value of Work in 1942 Dollars: 2 billion dollars

Miles of Road Built: 125,000

Miles of Telephone Lines Strung: 89,000

Miles of Foot Trails Built: 13,100

Farmland Benefited from Erosion Control Projects: 40 million acres

Stream and Lake Bank Protection: 154 million square yards

Range Revegetation: 814,000 acres

Firefighting Days: more than 6 million

Number of Enrollees Who Died Fighting Fires: 29

Overall Death Rate: 2.25 per thousand

State Parks Developed: 800

Public Campground Development: 52,000 acres

Mosquito Control: 248,000 acres

Number of Fish Stocked: 972 million

Historic Restoration: 3,980 structures

Number of Trees Planted: between 2 and 3 billion

Number of Conservation Related Workdays: 7,135,000

Number of Federal Government Agencies Participating in Some Capacity: 25

Unofficial Motto of the CCC: "We Can Take It!"

The total cost of CCC was about 3 billion dollars. It gave young men meaningful work in return for a pay check. It taught a work ethic and a skill set.
It got young men into physical shape to fight a world war and return to become the great American middle class.
Giving people money in return for sitting on their asses breeds an entitlement mindset, turns our youth into soft, overweight burger flippers at best.
Liberals blame Conservatives for a decline in the middle class. I blame LBJ.

Typo on my part. That was lbj. Excellent find.

Since obj declared war on poverty we have spent 22 trillion.....3x the amount spent on all wars since the american revolution and yet we have record numbers in poverty.

We know, the ghettos of Dehli India would be preferable to cons. That is the way to cure real poverty, right?

We know, the ghettos of Dehli India would be preferable to cons. That is the way to cure real poverty, right?

No, but spending 22 trillion and counting with the same results isnt the way either.

"suggest"? :eusa_eh: :eusa_hand: How about a link/source?

No, but spending 22 trillion and counting with the same results isnt the way either.

You do realize that over 50% of people who receive welfare benefits receive them for less than two years, right? You do know this? Sure there is a percentage of recipients who play the system. We all know that, but you guys believe that everyone receiving assistance is playing the system. The other fact is that over 50% adults receiving assistance are considered fully employed. They just don't make enough to keep a roof over their head and put food on the table because they are in a very low paying job.

There is the conservative view on poverty in a nutshell: ignore it, blame it on someone else but above all never, ever do anything to alleviate it.

It should be ignored...... much more so than it currently is. It's not MY problem that someone is too lazy, incompetent or just stupid to support themselves. That's what private charities and families are for, not the Federal Government and not most State Governments. The percentage of those in this country who truly deserve help is incredibly SMALL compared to those who actually get it.

Until that person happens to be you or someone you know and love. I love the self-righteous who believe they earned everything they have on their own and that they did it by their own sheer will.

This suggests just how ill informed you are. Let me help you with that. When work isn t enough to keep you off welfare and food stamps - The Washington Post

Until that person happens to be you or someone you know and love. I love the self-righteous who believe they earned everything they have on their own and that they did it by their own sheer will.

I have a .45 caliber bullet with my initials engraved on the case sitting in my drawer at home. That is sitting there just waiting for the day that I can no longer take care of myself. Then it will end up lodged in the top of my skull or in the ceiling above me.

Forum List

Back