In Case You Missed It.....

There is the conservative view on poverty in a nutshell: ignore it, blame it on someone else but above all never, ever do anything to alleviate it.

It should be ignored...... much more so than it currently is. It's not MY problem that someone is too lazy, incompetent or just stupid to support themselves. That's what private charities and families are for, not the Federal Government and not most State Governments. The percentage of those in this country who truly deserve help is incredibly SMALL compared to those who actually get it.

You speak of percentages....yet offer no numbers. Odd.

Unfortunately thus Government only looks at the NEED of a person rather than the REASON for that need so there are no definitive statistics that I am aware of.

Additionally; if you truly need stats to show you how many of these people created their own situations then you are willfully ignoring what us right in front of your face.

Unfortunately thus Government only looks at the NEED of a person rather than the REASON for that need so there are no definitive statistics that I am aware of.

Additionally; if you truly need stats to show you how many of these people created their own situations then you are willfully ignoring what us right in front of your face.

No. I want the stats to show how many people getting assistance don't deserve it. You brought it up.

No. I want the stats to show how many people getting assistance don't deserve it. You brought it up.

I would suggest probably 85-90%. I can't give you anything better than that for 2 reasons.

1. I don't waste my time trying to prove common sense to other people.

2. YOUR Government refuses to do the research necessary to come up with the numbers.

Those are almost 2 years old.

Are you even going to try?
That's the latest census results, and they cover Obama's first term. And don't forget who had Congress.....

Face it, the economy under the Democrats (and Obama) is so bad, the Republicans now CONTROL Congress!!!!!

And Hillary is running on how bad the economy is under Obama????

Guess the Democrats' new slogan is "Vote for us, because we're the ones that fucked everything up!!!"

How about they're on assistance because Obama and the Democrats fucked up the economy? Would that make you happy?????:badgrin:

How about they're on assistance because Obama and the Democrats fucked up the economy? Would that make you happy?????:badgrin:

Der de der der der!

I would suggest probably 85-90%. I can't give you anything better than that for 2 reasons.

2. YOUR Government refuses to do the research necessary to come up with the numbers.

Fail. Please don't bring up,percentages if you have no idea what the numbers are.

Thanks.

Fail. Please don't bring up,percentages if you have no idea what the numbers are.

My posts aren't about numbers or changing your mind. They're about ensuring you can't say you didn't know any better when you stand in front of your Creator and your Soul is judged to be flawed.

Der de der der der!
Good reply..... Hang in there buddy, the first of the month will be here before you know it!!!!!!:badgrin:

Does this chart require any explaniation?

http://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/default/files/pd/SNAPsummary.pdf

Look at the participation rate column. It's fucking awesome!
Amazing. A recoverying economy and yet more and more people are signing up for food stamps. If that isnt the Democratic model of success I dont know what is.
That's about as bright as Obama's claim that we're winning the war against ISIS by sending them recruits, or bringing them over here and getting them jobs or signing them up on welfare......:poop:

Are you aware that most food stamp recipients are children and elderly? Do you know how many vets get food stamps?

And if you're talking "assistance", what about wounded vets? Yeah, I know - you hate Michelle Obama because she fights for jobs and housing for vets and their families.

Fact is, you're talking out your fat old butt. What you wrote is NOT common sense. Its just your usual brainless hate.

Are you aware that most food stamp recipients are children and elderly? Do you know how many vets get food stamps?

And if you're talking "assistance", what about wounded vets? Yeah, I know - you hate Michelle Obama because she fights for jobs and housing for vets and their families.

Fact is, you're talking out your fat old butt. What you wrote is NOT common sense. Its just your usual brainless hate.
Want to talk about appreciation for our military?????

The Democrats want people to make $15.00 an hour for flipping burgers, but a lot of our military families have to get food stamps because of the low pay they get. Why don't the Obamas try to get more pay for the people that are putting their lives on the line for us?????

And I'm glad you brought up the VA, since it's a total wreck under Obama..... Vets are DYING waiting for medical treatment!!!!!!!!

This was an outstanding discussion about poverty in America. See if you can watch it if it interests you.

Conversation President Obama Poverty US Video C-SPAN.org

All the left is good at is talking about the problem, blaming the wrong things and then continuing with their failed policies that helped create the problem in the first place.

If the left is serious about this issue, they need to start addressing the parents in crime-ridden neighborhoods and urge them to get out, start acting like real parents and start forcing their children to do their homework and straighten up. No one else in the world can do that for them. Raising children with morals and making sure they are educated is the first step. The left has thrown billions at the schools while still claiming they are bad and in need of improvement. Do we dare ask how that money has been spent? Why no improvement after all that spending?

Because parents don't teach their children to respect authority or society in general and those children are part of the problem in schools. Enough bad students stop education for all in the classroom.

Talk to the parents because change needs to start in the homes. Instead of whining about spending or mean rich people, focus on the actual source of the problem with poverty. Uneducated children who are raised by parents who are uneducated and don't serve as positive role models makes the cycle continue. Break that cycle.

Forum List

Back