In Donald Trump’s Worldview, America Comes First, and Everybody Else Pays

We did. We provided the weapons that all of our allies used during the war.
More propaganda slurped eagerly without consideration. You exported T-34s and Sturmoviks I suppose. Anyway, enough of this, India's match against Australia in the World Twenty Over Cricket Championship under way now.

How many countries was it that the commie loonies invaded again?
In the cold war, that they hadn't occupied in WW2?

Bugger all as far as I know. How many do you assert?

That was not my question. But here is the answer:

Military occupations by the Soviet Union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Their tactics were as honest as their ideology moral.

It's amazing how someone can still be a commie apologist in this day and age. What next? Nazis were the most peaceful of people?

A Nazi Dominate dominated Europe was seen n the US as a humanitarian nightmare, and this was used by FDR in gathering support for his various policies leading up to the US entry into WWII.

For one example.
And resisted vigorously by the US populace until war was declared by the Axis powers. So much for humanitarian nightmares.

And was resisted by many in the US population who did not want to repeat the horror of WWI.

But still FDR got his Lend Lease Policy and set the US up as an Ally of the UK.

Because a sizable and increasing percentage of the population was buying into it.

And FDR won his election despite obviously being pro-war.

Yeah? So what? Why is that a problem?

Mr. Trump’s views, as he explained them, fit nowhere into the recent history of the Republican Party: He is not in the internationalist camp of President George Bush, nor does he favor President George W. Bush’s call to make it the United States’ mission to spread democracy around the world. He agreed with a suggestion that his ideas might be summed up as “America First.”

“Not isolationist, but I am America First,” he said. “I like the expression.” He said he was willing to reconsider traditional American alliances if partners were not willing to pay, in cash or troop commitments, for the presence of American forces around the world. “We will not be ripped off anymore,” he said.

America first for a change. Not a bad idea.

More propaganda slurped eagerly without consideration. You exported T-34s and Sturmoviks I suppose. Anyway, enough of this, India's match against Australia in the World Twenty Over Cricket Championship under way now.

We exported millions of tons to the USSR. Virtually ever truck they used was American. We also exported tanks and airplanes. We sent them 6,500 aircraft alone, and about 1000 tanks. We also sent them huge amounts of raw materials, medical supplies, or whatever. You can find a complete listing here

Complete List of Lend Lease to Russia including atomic materials

There is absolutely no way the USSR could have survived the war without U.S. aid.

We exported millions of tons to the USSR. Virtually ever truck they used was American. We also exported tanks and airplanes. We sent them 6,500 aircraft alone, and about 1000 tanks. We also sent them huge amounts of raw materials, medical supplies, or whatever. You can find a complete listing here

There is absolutely no way the USSR could have survived the war without U.S. aid.
We provided tons of materiel
They provided gallons of blood

Maybe they should not have entered WWII as allies of Adolf Hitler.

I stand by Patton's motto. Americans win by making the other dumb bastard die for their country.

You and Stalin can believe otherwise.

Not to mention FOOD.

Blood is pretty useless if you have no weapons to fight with.

Not to mention FOOD.
Yeah, they probably would have all starved without us since Hitler had control of all the major wheat growing areas.

I stand by Patton's motto. Americans win by making the other dumb bastard die for their country.

That we did

We allowed the Soviets to do the dying and we ended up with half of Europe

That we did

They were going to die regardless of what we did. Many more would have died without our material aid. You seem to believe that somehow we owe them something. We owe them nothing. In fact, they never paid off their Lend-Lease debt.

Not to mention FOOD.
Yeah, they probably would have all starved without us since Hitler had control of all the major wheat growing areas.

It's interesting when you start considering the secondary effects of the aid.

We sent for example FOOD.

This means that not only to the Soviets have FOOD, but they can pull large numbers of men off the farms to go fight.

We send Trucks. THis means that their transport is mechanized for the military. They don't have to pull draft animals off of their farms to the negative impact of their food production.

Also, people like to compare tons of stuff, or money costs of stuff.

Yet, all the dirt farmers in the world turning out low productivity food won't give the Soviets ONE plane engine, or a machine tool to build weapons.

That we did

"We ended up with half of Europe"?

Are you insane?

WWII was not a war of conquest, at least not for US.

Europeans ended up with Half of Europe. The Soviets ended up with the other half.

The US lost 291,000 soldiers.

For nothing. It was certainly not in America's best interests to get involved in WWII.

That we did

"We ended up with half of Europe"?

Are you insane?

WWII was not a war of conquest, at least not for US.

Europeans ended up with Half of Europe. The Soviets ended up with the other half.
Apparently RightWinger thinks Germany and France are now U.S. territory.

Forum List

Back