🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

In Islam, why did Allah trick Jesus' followers into believing he was crucified?

Pedro de San Patricio

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2015
That's one thing I've never understood. I get that Muslims believe he was taken bodily up to Jannah before he could be executed. I get that they believe Allah transfigured Judas to look like Jesus so he would be crucified instead. I get that Allah caused Jesus' believers to think that Jesus rose from the dead so they would found Christianity. I just don't understand how that makes any fucking sense...

Nothing in islam makes any sense to normal people. Jesus was 700 years before satan decided he needed a false profit to counter act his teachings. There was no islam when Jesus was alive.

That's one thing I've never understood. I get that Muslims believe he was taken bodily up to Jannah before he could be executed. I get that they believe Allah transfigured Judas to look like Jesus so he would be crucified instead. I get that Allah caused Jesus' believers to think that Jesus rose from the dead so they would found Christianity. I just don't understand how that makes any fucking sense...
Lol you're questioning inconsistencies in a religion? Get ready to be up for a looooong night.

Another misplaced thread. Move it to the Rubber Room.

I'm pretty sure I meant to ask this in religion, because it is, in fact, a question about a fairly obvious contradiction in a major religion. I thought that, since harsh criticism of the illogical elements of Christian dogma are acceptable here, then simply pointing out an issue in and asking for clarification on your relative favorite religion's dogma would be legitimate as well. :)

I'm pretty sure I meant to ask this in religion, because it is, in fact, a question about a fairly obvious contradiction in a major religion. I thought that, since harsh criticism of the illogical elements of Christian dogma are acceptable here, then simply pointing out an issue in and asking for clarification on your relative favorite religion's dogma would be legitimate as well. :)
Perhaps I misunderstood.

That's one thing I've never understood. I get that Muslims believe he was taken bodily up to Jannah

What for heavens sake is "Jannah"? ... my god: "paradise" ... Why for heavens sake do you not say 'paradise'?

before he could be executed. I get that they believe Allah
god
transfigured Judas to look like Jesus so he would be crucified instead.

How is someone able to believe in such an empty phrase? Why should the son of god let someone else be killed and let him go to the underworld only because he likes to survive in paradise? Very strange idea.

I get that Allah
God
caused Jesus' believers
Christians
to think that Jesus rose from the dead so they would found Christianity. I just don't understand how that makes any fucking sense...

The western culture is for example the leading culture of the world. One reason: We like to know what's really true. It needs sometimes more than a lifetime to find only a little piece of truth - but we are patient. We trust in god while we are searching. Easter Eggs for example. Bye bye - I'm in hurry now. I have to watch something.

Last edited:
Allah may be considered a generic term for God in English, but it is not synonymous with 'Yahweh' (or whatever spelling/pronunciation one may insist upon) in the Bible. 'Allah' does not translate into 'Yahweh'.

It is all for one clear reason - power.
Christianity was the biggest monotheistic religion that time and the only possible 'neutral ' ally for Muslims among Pagans, do the math.

Allah may be considered a generic term for God in English, but it is not synonymous with 'Yahweh' (or whatever spelling/pronunciation one may insist upon) in the Bible. 'Allah' does not translate into 'Yahweh'.
The term might refer to the same God of all, while Allah refers to God (Arabic Sahih) and the Hebrew term is 'Elohim' - according to Judaism God has many names which are not allowed to pronounce and when you find 'Yehuwah' you say 'Adonai' which is similar to 'My Lord' and refers to God alone.

The word for god is god in the english speaking world. There's only one god so god is god. Another god is not existing except it is god. If someone likes to be more respectful and likes to show to be to shy to speak out his holy name then some people are writing g'd instead of god.

Last edited:

Denying that Jesus died on the cross is key to their ideology.

After all, Mo decided to make Jesus a prophet of God, so how do we then explain why God allowed him to be torchered and die on a cross when a prophet of God like Mo was not?

Jesus even said that the blood of all prophets before him were on the heads of the people, and then we have Mo who broke the mold.

So instead of God's prophets being sent to wicked people to give them warnings and then be killed for their chastening, you have Mo pick up a sword and conquer a bunch of people and begin inflicting the wicked murderous activities that evil men inflicted on God's prophets.

Mo is alone in this regard.

What for heavens sake is "Jannah"? ... my god: "paradise" ... Why for heavens sake do you not say 'paradise'?
Arabic is Islam's liturgical language. The Arabic names of concepts and people are often used as technical terminology even outside of the Arabic language. When I say "paradise", it could refer to any perfect place or any of the Zoroastrian or Abrahamic positive afterlives. When I say "Jannah", it refers exclusively to Islam's version.

How is someone able to believe in such an empty phrase? Why should the son of god let someone else be killed and let him go to the underworld only because he likes to survive in paradise? Very strange idea.
They don't believe that Jesus was the son of God. They consider the very idea of Allah having relations to be blasphemous, disrespectful, and even pagan. Jesus is only considered to have been the penultimate prophet and the Messiah to the Jews. They believe that he didn't die but was taken bodily up to Jannah/Heaven by Allah before the Romans could execute him, and that Judas was transfigured to look like Jesus so that the guy who betrayed Jesus would be executed in his place. This is what my question was really about. Surely Allah would have realized that, in doing so, he would be creating a false religion which he finds personally offensive as Jesus' followers would begin to worship him. The entirety of Islam's origin story for Christianity as a deception of his followers by Allah just doesn't make sense to me.

The western culture is for example the leading culture of the world. One reason: We like to know what's really true. It needs sometimes more than a lifetime to find only a little piece of truth - but we are patient. We trust in god while we are searching. Easter Eggs for example. Bye bye - I'm in hurry now. I have to watch something.
China's culture is doing pretty well right now. So is India's. Western culture is the leading culture of the "West", but North America, Western Europe, Australia, and New Zealand aren't exactly the whole world.

The word for god is god in the english speaking world. There's only one god so god is god. Another god is not existing except it is god. If someone likes to be more respectful and likes to show to be to shy to speak out his holy name then some people are writing g'd instead of god.

The word for god is god in the english speaking world. There's only one god so god is god. Another god is not existing except it is god. If someone likes to be more respectful and likes to show to be to shy to speak out his holy name then some people are writing g'd instead of god.[/QUOTE]
Fun fact: "God" isn't actually the personal name of any deity past or present. The personal name of the Jewish/Christian deity is YHWH. The personal name of the Islamic variant actually is Allah. I'll leave it to them to fight out whether it's the same entity or not. Online Etymology Dictionary

Last edited:
In the other 2 Abraham based religions, a blood sacrifice is needed for atonement for sins, I would like to know if Muslims believe the same? and if they sacrifice birds, and lambs like Jews do?

'Jews' do not sacrifice animals today. The tradition still exists in Islam to sacrifice a goat or sheep at 'Eid'.

This is all practiced by religious clowns in a religious three ringed circus....Can't you people see the inanity of the continued rituals, with no real evidence that it is benefitting human society?
It's only use is an emotional crutch.......

Religions mostly do seem to contradict exactly what they purport to communicate.

Arabic is Islam's liturgical language.

Nihil sub sole novum, nec valet quisquam dicere.

The Arabic names of concepts and people are often used as technical terminology even outside of the Arabic language. When I say "paradise", it could refer to any perfect place or any of the Zoroastrian or Abrahamic positive afterlives. When I say "Jannah", it refers exclusively to Islam's version.

Adam and Eve spoke Islam? If you think so ...

They don't believe that Jesus was the son of God.

Who is "they"? Do you like to speak with me about the Islam although you are not a Muslim but an english Dandy who likes to live in an artificial life? What's the sense of such a discussion? Non nobis domine non nobis sed nomini tuo da gloriam.

They consider the very idea of Allah having relations to be blasphemous, disrespectful, and even pagan.

God created the world - I don't have any problem with any member of a serios religion - except he's an irrational murderous liar, like for example the atheists who are speaking in the name of god of the organisations "IS" or "Bokom Haram".

Jesus is only considered to have been the penultimate prophet and the Messiah to the Jews. They

I guess you are still speaking about what you are thinking what's important for Muslims. I don't know what I could answer to you if I would be a Muslim. I'm not a Muslim - I'm a Catholic. I don't speak in the name of Muslims, although I know some Muslims very well and we agree in religious questions enormously.

believe that he didn't die but was taken bodily up to Jannah/Heaven by Allah before the Romans could execute him,

Paradise and heaven are the same for you? ... one place lies in the past - the other place in the future ... paradise is lost - heaven still not won ... Whatever - not so important in the moment although I could love it to discuss such themes, because I think you could be right - past and future are maybe the same in very long distances. Whatever: In the moment lots of people try to create more than only trouble between Christians and Muslims. I'm only attacking verbally the belief of muslimic friends if we together try to find out what's true or false. Today the conditions are not fair. To many criminals worldwide.

and that Judas was transfigured to look like Jesus so that the guy who betrayed Jesus would be executed in his place.

Simple minded idea of people who are thinking this would be justice. But to look for justice in this world here ... ¿how to say it now? ... is sometimes a little frustrating. Jesus loved Judas. Under no conditions he had allowed Judas to die instead of him on the cross. God is not a liar and it are not our thoughts what create reality.

This is what my question was really about.

Question? ...

Surely Allah would have realized that, in doing so, he would be creating a false religion which he finds personally offensive as Jesus' followers would begin to worship him. The entirety of Islam's origin story for Christianity as a deception of his followers by Allah just doesn't make sense to me.[/QUpote]

Why for heavens sake do you have a "question"?

zaangalewa, post: 11124211, member: 53095"]The western culture is for example the leading culture of the world. One reason: We like to know what's really true. It needs sometimes more than a lifetime to find only a little piece of truth - but we are patient. We trust in god while we are searching. Easter Eggs for example. Bye bye - I'm in hurry now. I have to watch something.
China's culture is doing pretty well right now.

Chinas culture died in the culture revolution. Today it's a western culture under motivation from communism and capitalism. A very boring story. China lost a lot. Much more boring: the time window where China and the USA still have a chance to bring the climate change under control ends in 2030.

ndia's. Western culture is the leading culture of the "West", but North America, Western Europe, Australia, and New Zealand aren't exactly the whole world.

I subsumized some eastern structures under the expression West - Orient and Occident were once only 2 different sides of the same coin. Take mathematics as a symbol for our cultures. We got a part from India - the Arabs modified it - but the real storm started in Europe in Greece. Everyone in the world is using the same mathematical language because of the universality of thoughts.

Fun fact: "God" isn't actually the personal name of any deity past or present. The personal name of the Jewish/Christian deity is YHWH. The personal name of the Islamic variant actually is Allah. I'll leave it to them to fight out whether it's the same entity or not. Online Etymology Dictionary

I know it's difficult to understand "god is god" - maybe this sentence is as complex as the sentence "thou shalt not kill".

Last edited:

Forum List

Back