🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

In light of the attacks in Paris...shall we discuss gun control?

How can you politicise this tragedy before the bodies are even cold?!

Put on your big boy pants and catch a fucking clue.

If those in Paris had been armed then they could have fought back.

Europe thinks it keeps people safe by denying them the right to bear arms. Didn't keep em to safe now did it??

In fact the only people armed were the terrorists. Catch a fucking clue.

Jesus your an idiot.

I am ready to discuss gun control on this issue when anyone is willing......

Did the extreme gun control laws of France, far stricter than those here in the United States, prevent any of these attackers from getting their guns? You cannot legally own guns in FRance outside of some hunting shotguns and they probably have to be kept in a gun club..and you have to go through tremendous hassles to get access to those guns....does anyone think these terrorists did that?

Will we find out that these terrorists were well known to the French government?

As I have been saying...guns are easy to get in Europe if you are a criminal or a terrorist...that they don't use them more is simply a choice, not because they lack access....as these attacks show.

And in Europe..their criminals and terrorists prefer fully automatic rifles......as well as grenades....

Gun control worked incredibly well in France....not one of the victims who was murdered tonight will have been armed and able to resist the attack....

But....But....they don't have the kind of mass shootings that we do in America...right? And what have I said in post after post.....the culture over there is changing and that they were importing criminals to commit the gun crime that European criminals won't do...

And I would point out that armed French citizens could likely have reduced the ability of the attackers to kill the unarmed victims so easily.

Also...I have posted that the number of casualties in attacks in gun free societies will always be higher...because no one is armed, including many of the police forces...which means the time it takes for their special operations police...you know..the ones with guns...takes far longer to get into the fight...

These attacks show this to be true....

If you live in New York city...I would suggest watching yourself in public places and carry your concealed carry pistol if you haven't made a habit of it....oh....wait....that's right.....only those with the money to hire a lawyer can actually get a permit to carry a gun in New York city.....and of course the bodyguards of the political class......

I point out New York city because these nuts seem to focus on New York..but if you live in other big cities...Chicago, and L.A. I would keep your eyes open......

lmao... you think guns stop someone from blowing themselves up.

:cuckoo:

Sometimes, but they can be kept away form a target if they are identified. You'll never stop everyone intent on dying to get something done but you can limit the damage.

it's almost impossible to intercept someone going after a soft target. all that they require for success is the willingness to die. it's unfortunate. and terrifying. but the idea IS to terrify. the trick is going on with real life and not destroying yourself out of fear... because that's really all they want.

Europe thinks it keeps people safe by denying them the right to bear arms. Didn't keep em to safe now did it??

Jesus your an idiot.

maybe you should get a clue....that this isn't the wild west. and the idea isn't to destroy society by making it into that.

i'll also point out that every cop who's been killed had a gun.

loons.

Jesus your an idiot.

maybe you should get a clue....that this isn't the wild west. and the idea isn't to destroy society by making it into that.

loons.

Any time terrorists attack its the wild west unless your the one with no gun to defend yourself with. Then its just murder.

Yep. You're a loon all right.

Last edited:
Thank you, OK Texas, for answering my question.
Perhaps ONE of the reasons there have been so few terrorist attacks on US soil since 9-11 is that there are so many armed citizens walking around that aren't afraid to shoot. I'm not a gun grabber--I'm totally at a loss how to stop individuals from killing each other indiscriminately.
Peace to you and yours.

the trick is going on with real life and not destroying yourself out of fear... because that's really all they want.
No, that's not all they want. It's too bad we have morons like you in the world that no matter how much it's shown to you, no matter how many horrendous tragedies occur, no matter that the terrorists themselves tell you, you freakin' rejects just keep playing stupid...

1_zpsd6u6epcv.jpg

Last edited:
"Morons" "Freakin rejects" "stupid" .... that's not how it's won, on any level.

Perhaps ONE of the reasons there have been so few terrorist attacks on US soil since 9-11 is that there are so many armed citizens walking around that aren't afraid to shoot. I'm not a gun grabber--I'm totally at a loss how to stop individuals from killing each other indiscriminately.
Peace to you and yours.

no

the trick is going on with real life and not destroying yourself out of fear... because that's really all they want.
No, that's not all they want. It's too bad we have morons like you in the world that no matter how much it's shown to you, no matter how many horrendous tragedies occur, no matter that the terrorists themselves tell you, you freakin' rejects just keep playing stupid...

1_zpsd6u6epcv.jpg
Yup, so Shrillian thinks this is "FUNNY."

You think the families of the innocent French people that just got gunned down exactly because of the above picture think it's "FUNNY?"

You're ignorance is fucking EPIC, you stupid, STUPID progtard.

Jesus your an idiot.

loons.

The west wasn't wild…that is movies….

Peace to you and yours.

Keep in mind…when they went after Pamela Gellers event…..the old cop…2 shots, 2 hits, 2 kills, stopped the attack……..and that had to have been noticed by the nut jobs….

Absolutely. Like I said go count cars on the interstate. You will see more drivers in a minute than you will see go to the range all day. And there are a lot more interstates, highways, and streets than there are ranges.

And you have no idea how many of the cars on the interstate have guns in them, do you?

We know how many legally carry. Are you suggesting they are shooting while driving?

Did I say anything that would suggest that? In my State anyone who can legally own a gun can carry one concealed in their car, no permit needed.

Then what was the point of your question?

You changed the point from having guns to shooting them

Well cars aren't causing accidents while in the garage. The comparison has to be done with actual use obviously.

What happened in Paris makes us all want to bomb something or dream of being there to shoot the bad guys! Of course it does! And everytime there's a mass shooting, Second Amendment defenders say "if they had only been carrying...." But I'm still waiting to hear of a time when a mass shooting was stopped or nipped in the bud by an armed citizen. Surely, if that is the answer, it will have happened plenty of times, considering how many mass shootings we've had and how many gun carrying folks live in this country. Why has it never stopped a mass shooting yet?

Google Oregon Mall shooter. Guns are used about 2 million times a year for defensive purposes, in most cases a shot is never fired. A bad guy just knowing you're armed will usually send them scurrying for safer ground, because they are basically cowards.

Clackamas mall shooter faced man with concealed weapon
OK Texas, I looked up your Oregon Mall shooter. The citizen never shot (probably for good reason). The reason the shooter commited suicide was most likely that his gun was jammed when the police arrived. One questionable incident from three years ago is all you've got? That's actually sad. It's certainly not enough to convince me that arming more citizens will stop the violence.

And you have no idea how many of the cars on the interstate have guns in them, do you?

We know how many legally carry. Are you suggesting they are shooting while driving?

Did I say anything that would suggest that? In my State anyone who can legally own a gun can carry one concealed in their car, no permit needed.

Well cars aren't causing accidents while in the garage. The comparison has to be done with actual use obviously.

And guns aren't causing accidents sitting on a table…or in the holster, or in the safe….

And if you have a gun in the home and a car…odds are you will be killed by the car….

What happened in Paris makes us all want to bomb something or dream of being there to shoot the bad guys! Of course it does! And everytime there's a mass shooting, Second Amendment defenders say "if they had only been carrying...." But I'm still waiting to hear of a time when a mass shooting was stopped or nipped in the bud by an armed citizen. Surely, if that is the answer, it will have happened plenty of times, considering how many mass shootings we've had and how many gun carrying folks live in this country. Why has it never stopped a mass shooting yet?

Google Oregon Mall shooter. Guns are used about 2 million times a year for defensive purposes, in most cases a shot is never fired. A bad guy just knowing you're armed will usually send them scurrying for safer ground, because they are basically cowards.

OK Texas, I looked up your Oregon Mall shooter. The citizen never shot (probably for good reason). The reason the shooter commited suicide was most likely that his gun was jammed when the police arrived. One questionable incident from three years ago is all you've got? That's actually sad. It's certainly not enough to convince me that arming more citizens will stop the violence.

If his gun jammed how did he commit suicide…..the concealed carrier was there first, not the police.

Keep in mind…..most of the mass shootings occur in places the gun grabbers have passed laws to make gun free….meaning in most cases…no one is allowed to carry a gun there except for the killer….so the gun grabbers have already limited how often a concealed carrier will be on scene to stop mass shooters…

And here are 3 church shootings with concealed carry permit holders involved, and church mass shootings where guns were not allowed….

Notice the death toll between gun free churches and churches with armed parishioners…

Wisconsin Sikh temple shooting - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia ( 6 dead, 4 wounded)

Charleston church shooting - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia ( 9 dead)

vs.

Deputies Osceola pastor shot church janitor in self-defense ( 0 dead)

6 Shot At New Life Church Gunman 2 Churchgoers Dead - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com ( 2 dead, 3 wounded)

Remember This SC Concealed Carrier Stops Mass Shooting During Church Service. No Casualties. ( 0 dead)
No guns: 15 dead

Sikh temple ( 6 dead, 4 wounded)

Charleston ( 9 dead)

Parishioners with guns: 2 dead

Osceola ( 0 dead )

New life ( 2 dead, 3 wounded)

South Carolina shotgun guy ( 0 dead)

Temple massacre has some Sikhs mulling gun ownership

The president of the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin had only a butter knife on hand, which he used to fight the gunman. He was killed, but his heroic actions were credited for slowing the shooter. Guns were not allowed in the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin.

“No guns [were] allowed in the temple,” Kulbir Singh, an attendee of the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin, told FoxNews.com. “Everyone knows that it’s not allowed, anywhere in the temple.”

And guns aren't causing accidents sitting on a table…or in the holster, or in the safe….

And if you have a gun in the home and a car…odds are you will be killed by the car….

Unless you are using the car while shooting. When in use guns are far more dangerous.

And here you go…..another list….

12 Times Mass Shootings Were Stopped by Good Guys With Guns

1. Pearl High School

Oct. 1, 1997
Luke Woodham fatally stabbed his mother at home before opening fire at his high school, killing two students and injuring seven others. The attack was stopped when Assistant Principal Joel Myrick retrieved his .45 caliber handgun from his truck and confronted Woodham, detaining him until authorities could arrive.

Myrick’s action stopped Woodham from going across the street to the middle school as he had planned.

2. Parker Middle School

April 24, 1998
A 14-year-old student showed up to his middle school dance carrying a .25-caliber pistol. He opened fire inside the dance, killing one teacher and wounding another as well as two students. The rampage ended when James Strand, owner of the banquet hall the dance was happening in, grabbed his personal shotgun and confronted the 14-year-old killer. Strand held the teen at gunpoint for 11 minutes before finally getting him to drop the weapon and lie on the ground and searching him for additional weapons.

3. Appalachian School of Law

Jan. 16, 2002
A 43-year-old former student armed with a .380 handgun killed Dean Anthony Sutin and Professor Thomas Blackwell with point blank shots and went on to kill fellow student Angela Dales as well as wounding three others before being confronted at gunpoint by law students Tracy Bridges, a county sheriff’s deputy, and Mikael Gross, a police officer, after retrieving their personal handguns from their vehicles. The gunman was then apprehended by other students.

Gross and Bridges lost valuable response time accessing their handguns because of the law school’s standing as a gun-free zone.

With the appalachian law school you also get a glimpse of the bias in the media….they stopped the guy with their guns, and then another person tackled him…the media often only reports that he was tackled, without mentioning the other students.

12. Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital

July 25, 2014
A patient at a psychiatric clinic killed his case worker at point blank range and then turned his gun on his doctor, Lee Silverman, striking him several times. Before the gunman could leave the office and continue his rampage, Dr. Silverman drew his own concealed handgun and pumped three rounds into the gunman’s torso, mortally wounding him. Police and hospital staff hail Dr. Silverman as a hero and credit him with saving dozens of lives.

Last edited:

And here is the Oregon Mall shooter……

8. Clackamas Town Center Mall

Dec. 11, 2012
Two people were killed and a third was seriously wounded at Clackamas Town Center near Portland, Oregon when a rifle-toting gunman opened fire in in the busy food court. Nick Meli, a shopper in the mall, drew a personally owned firearm on the gunman, who immediately retreated to a service corridor and killed himself. Meli did not fire his weapon for fear of striking bystanders yet authorities say his actions caused the gunman to cease his attack and end his own life.

Unless you are using the car while shooting. When in use guns are far more dangerous.

Actually, no they aren't…they have a very narrow area that you have to pay attention to, and if your finger isn't on the trigger it isn't going to fire…..

We let 16 year old kids take cars onto busy streets with pedestrians, other cars, bike riders…..cars are far more dangerous and we let kids drive them all by themselves without supervision…cars kill more kids than guns do.

Forum List

Back