🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

In light of the attacks in Paris...shall we discuss gun control?

Then what was the point of your question?

What was your point about the number of cars on the interstate vs. the number of cars that turn into a gun range?

There is a reason car accidents kill more than gun accidents. Cars are used millions of times more.

And fists, feet, knives, clubs and other weapons kills 2/3rds as many as guns, 2.3 per hundred thousand vs.3.7 by gun. Those are homicide rates if you want to get into accidents or suicides, that's a whole different discussion. Considering there are an estimated 300 million guns in private hands that's an astounding low rate, and it's fallen by 43% since 1993, while gun ownership has increased.

BTW there are about 46 million fewer cars than there are guns. Also there are 13.6 vehicle deaths per 100 thousand vs. 3.7 by gun.
Yet we lead the civilized world in gun deaths.

Cars are used millions of times more than guns. Guns are obviously far more dangerous.

Maybe you should be talking to the people that commit homicides with them and leave the law abiding the hell alone.
I do. Not my fault some gun nuts hate facts.

Identify their targets? Are you on drugs? Their "targets" were about 1,500 random people.

No I think you lack critical thinking skills due to your peyote addled brain. You have to see'm to shoot'm.

The concert hall was packed and there was light coming from the stage. Are you really that dumb?

No but evidently your are. How could the survivors possibly describe bleeding people in total darkness?

Duh, I never said "total darkness"...

So now you're saying there was enough light to see, but not enough for a citizen to identify a target. Damn you're nuts.

Just call your game what it is: Heads you win, tails I lose.

Identify their targets? Are you on drugs? Their "targets" were about 1,500 random people.

No I think you lack critical thinking skills due to your peyote addled brain. You have to see'm to shoot'm.

The concert hall was packed and there was light coming from the stage. Are you really that dumb?

No but evidently your are. How could the survivors possibly describe bleeding people in total darkness?

So now you're saying there was enough light to see, but not enough for a citizen to identify a target. Damn you're nuts.

How does one armed citizen tell another armed citizen from a bad guy? The bad guys can just shoot everyone with that problem.

No but evidently your are.

O.K.Texas....brain cites the national crime victimization survey because it is the only study that puts defensive gun use that low.....it is not a gun study. it studies crime victims ...not gun use. they don't ask any questions about guns...and no questions about defensive gun use......all of the other studies are 764,000 defensive gun uses or higher and most of the studies are well over 1 million...

Bill Clinton commissioned a gun self defense study through the Department of Justice using two rabid anti gunners...they built their own study and ran it.....and they found that defensive gun use occurred 1.5 million times a year.........

Again..he only uses the NCVs because it is the only study that has a low defensive gun use number and it gets that number by not being a gun study....not asking any questions about guns...at all....

He is lying to you with those numbers.......

I'm fully aware of what the NCVS is, I was chosen to participate in it two years ago, I told the census worker to get the hell off my property and not come back. Their constitutional mandate is to count noses, not this other BS.

So, you were even an arrogant asshole to a minimum wage census worker.

Yep, they told me participation was voluntary, and then came back again twice insisting I do it, their boss told them to not take no for an answer. I told them if they came back I'd prosecute them for trespass. I finally had to get my congressman's office involved to get them to leave me alone.

What was your point about the number of cars on the interstate vs. the number of cars that turn into a gun range?

There is a reason car accidents kill more than gun accidents. Cars are used millions of times more.

And fists, feet, knives, clubs and other weapons kills 2/3rds as many as guns, 2.3 per hundred thousand vs.3.7 by gun. Those are homicide rates if you want to get into accidents or suicides, that's a whole different discussion. Considering there are an estimated 300 million guns in private hands that's an astounding low rate, and it's fallen by 43% since 1993, while gun ownership has increased.

BTW there are about 46 million fewer cars than there are guns. Also there are 13.6 vehicle deaths per 100 thousand vs. 3.7 by gun.

Cars are used millions of times more than guns. Guns are obviously far more dangerous.

Maybe you should be talking to the people that commit homicides with them and leave the law abiding the hell alone.

Fuck off and die child, I gave you facts, you chose to ignore them.

Just call your game what it is: Heads you win, tails I lose.

No you're just a loser.

Fuck off and die child, I gave you facts, you chose to ignore them.

You sound like the child.

Larry Correia weighs in on the murders in Paris..

Monster Hunter Nation

For the pacifistic anti-gun dumb asses on the internet who always crop up in the aftermath of any violent event, bitching about imaginary crossfires, or how fighting back would just make things worse. Just shut up already. You’re children, with a child’s grasp of the subject. When people are being mass butchered, barring tossing hand grenades at the bad guy, it is pretty damned hard to make it worse.

Then I see the idiots claiming that they’re only worried about the quality of the regular people with guns… Liars. But okay, thought experiment time. Say there was a proposed law for a federal “super permit”, where if a regular person could pass a rigorous background check and, oh say, the same firearms qualification as an FBI agent, that individual would then be allowed to carry a gun anywhere in the fifty states a federal agent could, and ignore things like idiotic gun free zones, or could carry a gun in states where concealed carry is banned.

Fact: more gun control does not mean more lives saved, France proves this.
Warm and fuzzy do gooders should grow up, get some ideas that work.

Buy more guns and ammo...

How does one armed citizen tell another armed citizen from a bad guy? The bad guys can just shoot everyone with that problem.

Keep talking, you're showing everyone exactly how clueless you are. I bet you're one of these guys that are scared to death of guns and never been in the military, If you had you wouldn't be asking such dumb questions.

Last edited:

Keep talking, you're showing everyone exactly how clueless you are. I bet you're one of these guys that are scared to death of guns and never been in the military, If you had you wouldn't be asking such dumb questions.

Given how many gun owners accidently shoot themselves it is hardly a dumb question. I own many guns.

Given how many gun owners accidently shoot themselves it is hardly a dumb question. I own many guns.

Really, how many times have you shot yourself?

:wtf:

Um ... OK? What are you talking about? I oppose Iraq, I oppose Afghanistan, you support politicans who support them.

You are a completely new level of stupid...
What are you talking about?
Are you having trouble following the discussion?

You said I am for the wars, I"m not, moron. And you say I'm having trouble following the discussion. You're an imbecile. Obviously since you have to change my view to make your point, even you know ... you had no point ...
Did I?
I don't intend to go back...can you find where I said that you were for the wars?

Um...the debacle I opposed, dumb ass? See the green.

Unlike you, I opposed it all the time, not just when Republicans were in power
I'll try to bring this back to a civil footing..."The Iraq debacle" is an objective phrase...I never said you agreed with it or supported or owned but we should certainly learn from it.

Now...normal abuse can resume.

So you're lecturing me against the war, which is OK, even if I opposed it, you're still lecturing me about it. So you thought I was against the war in an I was for the war while I was against it sort of way? Or you're explaining to me why I was against it? Still not sure where you're going other than you can't just admit you were wrong so you are still spinning. Thanks for the "civil footing" explanation.

You weren't a math major, were you, Holmes?

Right, and guns are 3 thousandth as likely to be involved in an accident, a tiny fraction. Or about 1/3 to you.

And cars are not made to shoot a projectile like guns are.
You don't understand the difference between actual owners and households with a gun?

millions of times more per gun? You're delusional

Absolutely. Like I said go count cars on the interstate. You will see more drivers in a minute than you will see go to the range all day. And there are a lot more interstates, highways, and streets than there are ranges.

And you have no idea how many of the cars on the interstate have guns in them, do you?

We know how many legally carry. Are you suggesting they are shooting while driving?

Wow, what a great point. Are you Canadian?

millions of times more per gun? You're delusional

Absolutely. Like I said go count cars on the interstate. You will see more drivers in a minute than you will see go to the range all day. And there are a lot more interstates, highways, and streets than there are ranges.

And you have no idea how many of the cars on the interstate have guns in them, do you?

We know how many legally carry. Are you suggesting they are shooting while driving?

Did I say anything that would suggest that? In my State anyone who can legally own a gun can carry one concealed in their car, no permit needed.

Then what was the point of your question?

You changed the point from having guns to shooting them

I am ready to discuss gun control on this issue when anyone is willing......

Did the extreme gun control laws of France, far stricter than those here in the United States, prevent any of these attackers from getting their guns? You cannot legally own guns in FRance outside of some hunting shotguns and they probably have to be kept in a gun club..and you have to go through tremendous hassles to get access to those guns....does anyone think these terrorists did that?

Will we find out that these terrorists were well known to the French government?

As I have been saying...guns are easy to get in Europe if you are a criminal or a terrorist...that they don't use them more is simply a choice, not because they lack access....as these attacks show.

And in Europe..their criminals and terrorists prefer fully automatic rifles......as well as grenades....

Gun control worked incredibly well in France....not one of the victims who was murdered tonight will have been armed and able to resist the attack....

But....But....they don't have the kind of mass shootings that we do in America...right? And what have I said in post after post.....the culture over there is changing and that they were importing criminals to commit the gun crime that European criminals won't do...

And I would point out that armed French citizens could likely have reduced the ability of the attackers to kill the unarmed victims so easily.

Also...I have posted that the number of casualties in attacks in gun free societies will always be higher...because no one is armed, including many of the police forces...which means the time it takes for their special operations police...you know..the ones with guns...takes far longer to get into the fight...

These attacks show this to be true....

If you live in New York city...I would suggest watching yourself in public places and carry your concealed carry pistol if you haven't made a habit of it....oh....wait....that's right.....only those with the money to hire a lawyer can actually get a permit to carry a gun in New York city.....and of course the bodyguards of the political class......

I point out New York city because these nuts seem to focus on New York..but if you live in other big cities...Chicago, and L.A. I would keep your eyes open......

I'm sure those in Paris wished they'd had guns.

Hell if those assholes come to America and try that shit they will get their asses shot off. Loads of folks carry guns and aren't afraid to use them.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Forum List

Back