In only 10% of counties in the US can a worker afford a 2 bedroom apartment working 40 hours a week

Housing prices are tied to taxes

Higher costs for housing more tax money for government.

The government will do nothing to lower the cost of housing.

We must end property tax and zoning laws that prevent affordable housing for min. wagw
/—-/ The medium house in Malibu CA is $1.97 million. You’d need a minimum wage of $65 just to make ends meet. It’s a racist Climate Change denier effort to keep the middle class in trailer parks.
Technically, it is Democrats driving up the cost, but actually everyone in government.

Don't work for minimum wage... problem solved.
Well gee, that’s a brilliant solution. Okay so let’s pretend everyone did that despite such a thing being mathematically impossible. Who would be left behind to work those minimum wage jobs? I mean we are also talking about service jobs that pay more than minimum wage but still very much south of a live able wage.

the premise of your thread is flawed. Minimum wage is not for middle aged people raising a family. It is for teens working part time and people just starting out with no education or training. If you reach middle age and are still making minimum wage then you are either very stupid, untrainable, or just plain lazy.

There were people making a liveable wage at Lowes. They had benefits like health care and a 401k. Lowes are firing thousands of them to replace them with minimum wage employees (or illegals).

No, there are not thousands of good paying jobs out there to simply go to.

Wages stalled but costs haven’t, so people increasingly rent or finance what their parents might have owned outright

Families Go Deep in Debt to Stay in the Middle Class

People like the OP want everything handed to them.
Instead of being motivated to improve their skills in order to obtain a higher standard of living, they want the government to fix it for them and not expect them to work for it.
You increase the minimum wage across the board to a so-called "livable wage" and you'll immediately threaten the standard of living for those who have been in the workforce for years.

Instead of being motivated to improve their skills in order to obtain a higher standard of living, they want the government to fix it for them and not expect them to work for it.
You increase the minimum wage across the board to a so-called "livable wage" and you'll immediately threaten the standard of living for those who have been in the workforce for years.

This works for the individual, not for tens of millions. No, there are not tens of millions better paying jobs out there. And the ones that are, are becoming less so all the time.

Well gee, that’s a brilliant solution. Okay so let’s pretend everyone did that despite such a thing being mathematically impossible. Who would be left behind to work those minimum wage jobs? I mean we are also talking about service jobs that pay more than minimum wage but still very much south of a live able wage.

the premise of your thread is flawed. Minimum wage is not for middle aged people raising a family. It is for teens working part time and people just starting out with no education or training. If you reach middle age and are still making minimum wage then you are either very stupid, untrainable, or just plain lazy.

There were people making a liveable wage at Lowes. They had benefits like health care and a 401k. Lowes are firing thousands of them to replace them with minimum wage employees (or illegals).

Wages stalled but costs haven’t, so people increasingly rent or finance what their parents might have owned outright

I think you just defeated your own argument. allowing the influx of illegals has deprived hard working americans of good jobs, glad you finally realized that.

I think you just defeated your own argument. allowing the influx of illegals has deprived hard working americans of good jobs, glad you finally realized that.

It's business that is inviting them. I'm for extreme measures to stop this. When do you suppose Trump will address the illegal actions of employers?

Get a mirror.

This works for the individual, not for tens of millions. No, there are not tens of millions better paying jobs out there. And the ones that are, are becoming less so all the time.

how do you gain anything if you make more money but everything you buy costs more? You lefties just don't understand basic economics. If an employer has to pay more for labor he has two choices; hire fewer people or raise his prices. So raising the minimum wage either puts people on unemployment or causes them to pay more for everything they need to live.

the price of labor should be set by supply and demand just like the price of diamonds or big macs. Artificially raising the cost of labor always causes inflation which hurts the low income workers more than anyone else.

It's business that is inviting them. I'm for extreme measures to stop this. When do you suppose Trump will address the illegal actions of employers?

Get a mirror.

its already happening, those employing illegals are being charged and taken to court. Yes, many businesses like cheap labor, no one ever said otherwise. When will the dems in the house pass a bill to deal with securing the border and enforcing our existing immigration laws?

how do you gain anything if you make more money but everything you buy costs more? You lefties just don't understand basic economics. If an employer has to pay more for labor he has two choices; hire fewer people or raise his prices. So raising the minimum wage either puts people on unemployment or causes them to pay more for everything they need to live.

the price of labor should be set by supply and demand just like the price of diamonds or big macs. Artificially raising the cost of labor always causes inflation which hurts the low income workers more than anyone else.

Then stop bitching that the answer is to find a better paying job when you are arguing against that idea.

Get a mirror.

its already happening, those employing illegals are being charged and taken to court. Yes, many businesses like cheap labor, no one ever said otherwise. When will the dems in the house pass a bill to deal with securing the border and enforcing our existing immigration laws?

No they are not. You are just making this up. You might find the rare example but there are thousands and thousands of employers hiring illegals. It would be everyday front page news if anything was being done about it.

Get a mirror.

No they are not. You are just making this up. You might find the rare example but there are thousands and thousands of employers hiring illegals. It would be everyday front page news if anything was being done about it.
I would surmise those that are mostly hiring are the left elite, for their housekeepers, nannies, and groundskeepers.

There is no 'housing shortage'. Anybody that thinks that is an idiot.

There are places people want to live and places they do not want to live.

In Dee-Troit, they will GIVE you a house. GIVE it to you.

Same in a lot of dimocrap scum-controlled Cities. Know why? Because nobody wants to live there.

Housing shortage in LA? Sang Frang? Bull shit. There's plenty of places to live in those shitholes.

Just that nobody wants to live in the places where housing is available.

Where I live, in South Florida? There's a little bit of a housing shortage, so the pricing is a little steep but hardly what anyone would call 'high'

dimocraps are like locusts. Everywhere they go they leave behind death, destruction, strip the land and kill everything in their path.

There should be a bounty on them

And, who the FUCK is talking about a minimum wage person being a head of household?

What kind of IMBECILE even thinks that?

Only a dumbass

Get a mirror.

I would surmise those that are mostly hiring are the left elite, for their housekeepers, nannies, and groundskeepers.

Andrew Puzder, President Trump’s choice for Labor secretary, acknowledged late Monday night he had employed an undocumented housekeeper for a number of years, a violation that has usually, but not always, forced Cabinet nominees to withdraw.

Andrew Puzder is just the latest Cabinet nominee with a 'nanny' problem

Not to mention the ones Trump's Country Club hired.

Get a mirror.

Andrew Puzder, President Trump’s choice for Labor secretary, acknowledged late Monday night he had employed an undocumented housekeeper for a number of years, a violation that has usually, but not always, forced Cabinet nominees to withdraw.

Two were found out of how properties he has?

There is no 'housing shortage'. Anybody that thinks that is an idiot.

There are places people want to live and places they do not want to live.

In Dee-Troit, they will GIVE you a house. GIVE it to you.

And despite that you still can not afford to live there because of all the jobs sent off-shore.

Get a mirror.

Irrelevant to the point you made. But as you note, two were found out.

'A national problem': U.S. housing affordability is out of whack with minimum wage

Obviously this should bother republican voters, but they have this fantasy mindset that Trump will turn this country into some kind of utopia despite the fact that he had two years to do so with a republican Congress. Their only response when presented with this is the usual pathetic deflection of “well Obama didn’t do it! Derp, derp, derp!”

Now granted Obama achieved little in improving the lives of the middle class and poor besides a few policies. These policies include 1) helping to reverse the Great Recession he inherited from Bush 6 months into his presidency and producing job growth EVER SINCE. 2) Expanding OT pay eligibility for thousands of US workers 3) guaranteeing people receive healthcare from pre-existing conditions, 4) passing the biggest middle class tax cut since Reagan

He also TRIED to invest education and raise the minimum wage but was blocked by republicans.

The point I am making is that republicans do fucking NOTHING to help the poor and middle class but democrats at least make an attempt despite failing on a significant scale. This nuance matters whether you like it or not.

Democrat policies making it impossible to build new homes and apartments make this happen, also taxes, fees, regulations make it hard to make a living in this country......cut taxes on everyone, that would help people make enough money......don't give your hard earned money to politicians, keep it for your family...

Let me guess, you would rather giver your money to the greedy, corrupt politicians than keep it for yourself...right?

Take a job, for a wage is, at least until Communism is installed in the US, a voluntary act.

There will always be those too lazy or unskilled to work for anything but the lowest wages. But, by agreeing to a wage that somehow doesn't provide you with enough weed or che t-shirts, you've lost the moral right to demand more.

If you aren't satisfied with your low wages, go do something else.

Otherwise, take what you agreed to take when you took the job and like it.
Okay you say this shit despite the statistic I quoted in my OP. Are ALL of those workers lazy with the exception of those in the 10% of counties?

Maybe if the democrat controlled schools taught math, english, science instead of teaching classes in "How to pick your new Gender," "Why America Sucks, and the rest of the world is great," "Why you are a racist pig and how to give politiicans more power because you are a racist pig," then our children wouldn't be going to college for degrees in French Poetry, and would instead learn how to make a living....outside of working at Starbucks.

Irrelevant to the point you made. But as you note, two were found out.

yes, and their employment was terminated as soon as it was known that they were illegal.

Forum List

Back