In Politics and Society: Is it Intolerant to be Intolerant of Intolerance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel free to show us the passage that matches PR's 'sermon'.

Romans 1 - Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called - Bible Gateway

I already provided you a link to compare yourself. post #1063

Go search it out!

and I described the quote as Robertson's own words,

who's lying again??? lolol

BUT, no, he was not 'paraphrasing' because his OWN WORDS altered the meaning of the original text. I described that above.

Most importantly, in addition to all above, they are his own words because he said them, and believes them, and therefore he owns them.

What's amazing is that as much as the quote has been posted, I don't recall seeing any rightwinger here simply denounce the content of the quote.

They're NOT his words!

They're Bible verses that he spoke. Do you know how many different versions of the Bible there are?

How can someone renounce anything that is written and published unless you are asking people to denounce the Bible.

Just because I recite the Dictionary (from Websters, Oxford, etc,) does NOT mean I own the words.

You blew right past this post:

So conservatives now wish to tell me that I am out of line to find this:

"Women with women, men with men, they committed indecent acts with one another, and they received in themselves the due penalty for their perversions. They’re full of murder, envy, strife, hatred. They are insolent, arrogant, God-haters. They are heartless, they are faithless, they are senseless, they are ruthless. They invent ways of doing evil."

spoken by Phil Robertson a few years ago,

objectionable.

Yes, I'm the villain if I don't quietly and obediently tolerate that sort of hate speech.

Words written many years before Robertson spoke them.

Romans Chapter 1.

You continue to harp...
never mind, read it yourself.

Romans 1 Parallel Chapters

I'm done with this.

Merry Christmas!!!

Advance apologies to [MENTION=6847]Foxfyre[/MENTION]

And I lied! Obviously I wasn't done with this! Coal in my stocking pls...

Last edited:
Feel free to show us the passage that matches PR's 'sermon'.

Romans 1 - Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called - Bible Gateway

I already provided you a link to compare yourself.

Go search it out!

You're a little slow on the draw there grannypants. Your pal hunarcy already admitted yesterday that you and he were both wrong.

Go nag him for awhile, lol.

That didn't happen either! :rofl:

I would have hoped that, after your poor performance yesterday, you'd come in a bit more prepared today. But, you aren't.

Those aren't Phil Robertson's own words. He was reading a passage from the Bible, specifically Romans 1:26-32. Anything else?

Hardly.

Romans I:26 - 32 says this:

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them."

Robertson was not reading from a Bible, no other version btw either.

If you acknowledge you were wrong and apologize to me for your assholedness, I'll tell you why it matter.

You are correct, I was mistaken, he was paraphrasing Romans I:26 - 32. As I acknowledge in a following post, I didn't know for sure what he was doing and neither did you. It turns out that it was a speech given at a "Wild Game Supper" at Berean Bible Church in Pennsylvania in Feb. 2010. He sprinkled in religious content, hunting stories and the story of his life into the speech.

As far as apologizing to you, I have nothing to apologize for as you have spent two days behaving as if you're the MR wing of the far Left.

Paraphrasing...reading...

Splitting hairs.

Christmas Eve!

So the angry and the non-angry and the calmly strange folks, have a Merry Christmas Happy Holidays Solstice Kwanaz miracle.

For me and mine, we will have a Merry Christmas.

I already provided you a link to compare yourself.

Go search it out!

You're a little slow on the draw there grannypants. Your pal hunarcy already admitted yesterday that you and he were both wrong.

Hardly.

Romans I:26 - 32 says this:

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them."

Robertson was not reading from a Bible, no other version btw either.

If you acknowledge you were wrong and apologize to me for your assholedness, I'll tell you why it matter.

You are correct, I was mistaken, he was paraphrasing Romans I:26 - 32. As I acknowledge in a following post, I didn't know for sure what he was doing and neither did you. It turns out that it was a speech given at a "Wild Game Supper" at Berean Bible Church in Pennsylvania in Feb. 2010. He sprinkled in religious content, hunting stories and the story of his life into the speech.

As far as apologizing to you, I have nothing to apologize for as you have spent two days behaving as if you're the MR wing of the far Left.

Splitting hairs.

What part of "You are correct, I was mistaken" is beyond the scope of mental prowess?

And are you doubting the veracity of this claim? Looks real enough to me.

So you suspect that everything that has flowed from the point where someone said that A&E has suspended Phil Robertson is untrue?

I think the Examiner is where the Jeep is moving to China story came from if I recall correctly;

the source of this new story is some guy who was on the Bachelorette.

He is only protected by whatever the language of his contract with A&E protects. And I guarantee he has a contract with A&E.

Put up the contract.

:rofl:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-and-justice-system/331244-no-contract-with-a-and-e.html

I'll stand corrected when I see a more reliable source.

Are you claiming that he is thus not suspended?

:lol: No, I am refuting your claim that Phil has a contract with A&E.

Duck Dynasty Becomes A&E's #1 Telecast Ever and the #1 Nonfiction Series on Cable This Year #ItsOnLikeDonkeyKong
Our Shows | Gurney Productions

Executive producer(s)
Deirdre Gurney
Scott Gurney
Elaine Frontain Bryant
Lily Neumeyer

Location(s) Monroe and West Monroe, Louisiana
Running time 22 to 30 minutes
Production company(s) Gurney Productions
Distributor A+E Networks
Lionsgate (DVD)

Duck Dynasty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Christmas Eve!

So the angry and the non-angry and the calmly strange folks, have a Merry Christmas Happy Holidays Solstice Kwanaz miracle.

For me and mine, we will have a Merry Christmas.

:eusa_shhh: Jake!

I am one of the 'calmly strange folks'.

:lol:

Splitting hairs.

What part of "You are correct, I was mistaken" is beyond the scope of mental prowess?

None of it.

You're splitting hairs.

He didn't say anything about anyone being wrong

You're really hung up on having to be right.

I'll stand corrected when I see a more reliable source.

Are you claiming that he is thus not suspended?

:lol: No, I am refuting your claim that Phil has a contract with A&E.

Duck Dynasty Becomes A&E's #1 Telecast Ever and the #1 Nonfiction Series on Cable This Year #ItsOnLikeDonkeyKong
Our Shows | Gurney Productions

Executive producer(s)
Deirdre Gurney
Scott Gurney
Elaine Frontain Bryant
Lily Neumeyer

Location(s) Monroe and West Monroe, Louisiana
Running time 22 to 30 minutes
Production company(s) Gurney Productions
Distributor A+E Networks
Lionsgate (DVD)

Duck Dynasty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well I'll be fascinated to find out how A&E suspended him if he's not under contract with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back