In praise of Barbara Johns - A great American

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

More than 70 years after the teenager moved a nation to end school segregation, her statue will replace Civil War Confederate commander Robert E Lee's inside the US Capitol.

This is a remarkable story that deserves more prominence. To take on systematic racism at the age of 16 shows remarkable courage and maturity. She deserves her place in Washington and I hope it inspires the children who see it.

She paid the price as she recieved death threats and the family home was burned down.
The state was spending $1700 aa year on white kids but only $300 on black kids. Proof of how institutional racism has held back black people.

I wonder if this is taught in CRT ?

Last edited:

More than 70 years after the teenager moved a nation to end school segregation, her statue will replace Civil War Confederate commander Robert E Lee's inside the US Capitol.

This is a remarkable story that deserves more prominence. To take on systematic racism at the age of 16 shows remarkable courage and maturity. She deserves her place in Washington and I hope it inspires the children who see it.

She paid the price as she recieved death threats and the family home was burned down.
The state was spending $1700 aa year on white kids but only $300 on black kids. Proof of how institutional racism has held back black people.

I wonder if this is taught in CRT ?
Baloney

Robert E Lee was a fine man and a gracious southern gentleman

If you dont believe me just ask his peers of that time who knew him best

Its sad that 150 years after the Civil War ended, and 65 years after segregation, libs are still bitter and looking for a fight

Its sad that 150 years after the Civil War ended, and 65 years after segregation, libs are still bitter and looking for a fight
Dont you think she deserves recognition ? She made peoples lives better.

Lee just killed Americans. Why celebrate that ?

Your Hero Lincoln did the killing, and he did so exclusively for his corporate backers. Railroad lawyers were never noted for their concern for their fellow man, especially the working class animals.

They can see the results of their horrible failures any time of day and night. They hope to censor anybody who keeps pointing them out.

Your Hero Lincoln did the killing, and he did so exclusively for his corporate backers. Railroad lawyers were never noted for their concern for their fellow man, especially the working class animals.
I am as respectful of Lincoln as I am of Lee

If Abe had lived the postwar history of Reconstruction would be much different

And far better

I am as respectful of Lincoln as I am of Lee

If Abe had lived the postwar history of Reconstruction would be much different

And far better

Yes. that is one of the ironies of the war; he wanted to build the southern economy back up so he could tax it, and assassinating him ended that plan and the radicals too over Reconstruction. He went to war over his tariffs, not slavery, and without the cotton economy up and running he had a much smaller tax base. He was going to be very lenient on southerners.

"But what am I to do in the meantime with those men at Montgomery [meaning the Confederate constitutional convention]? Am I to let them go on... [a]nd open Charleston, etc., as ports of entry, with their ten-percent tariff. What, then, would become of my tariff?" ~ Lincoln to Colonel John B. Baldwin, deputized by the Virginian Commissioners to determine whether Lincoln would use force, April 4, 1861.

Yes. that is one of the ironies of the war; he wanted to build the southern economy back up so he could tax it, and assassinating him ended that plan and the radicals too over Reconstruction. He went to war over his tariffs, not slavery, and without the cotton economy up and running he had a much smaller tax base. He was going to be very lenient on southerners.

"But what am I to do in the meantime with those men at Montgomery [meaning the Confederate constitutional convention]? Am I to let them go on... [a]nd open Charleston, etc., as ports of entry, with their ten-percent tariff. What, then, would become of my tariff?" ~ Lincoln to Colonel John B. Baldwin, deputized by the Virginian Commissioners to determine whether Lincoln would use force, April 4, 1861.
Cant you celebrate the life of Barbara Johns ?

Forum List

Back