In Regards To DACA, what Should Be The Priority?

What takes precedence?

• Total voters
You just made up that argument. When have I said anything about separating families? I've been talking about DACA. If their parents get deported and they are minors and go with them then thats what happens. You just brought that element into the discussion which tells me you are out of arguments in regards to DACA. Dealing with adult illegal immigrants is a whole different discussion that I don't want to get into with you right now. Stay on subject

How old do you think DACA individuals are?
The averages work out to them being brought here at the age of 6. Their average age now is 22, meaning they have lived in this country for 16 years or the majority of their lives.

And therefor adult illegals.
Yeah, so what? Whats your point? Are you completely lost here it doesn't seem like you have a clue about whats going on... Agree or not can you at least articulate the point of your opposition? Give it a shot, show us that you at least understand the argument.

Irony is, well, ironic
And you got nothing... just as I thought

Sure, and with DACA the children do not receive citizenship, welfare, voting rights etc. They had protection from being deported for 2 year intervals where they could have temporary legal status to receive education and valid employment
They didn't have a 2 year protection from being deported, they were in deportation proceedings that were pushed out, thus they were paroled into the US which allowed them to apply for work authorization. They had NO temporary legal status they were still illegal immigrants, and if they came into the clutches of law enforcement they would get deported whether they were DACA or not.

The issue is you really don't know much about what you are discussing, you have nothing to very little correct in your claims.

Sure, and with DACA the children do not receive citizenship, welfare, voting rights etc. They had protection from being deported for 2 year intervals where they could have temporary legal status to receive education and valid employment
The didn't have a 2 year protection from being deported, they were in deportation proceedings that were pushed out, thus they were paroled into the US which allowed them to apply for work authorization. They had NO temporary legal status they were still illegal immigrants, and if they came into the clutches of law enforcement they would get deported whether they were DACA or not.

The issue is you really don't know much about what you are discussing, you have nothing to very little correct in your claims.
I said the same thing you said, but thanks for adding more detail to it. I call it temporary legal status you call it probation, thats fine, its not really what we were debating. You can go after the petty insults if you want, but it just shows your insecurity and built up anger you have around this subject. It isn't doing you any favors.

The didn't have a 2 year protection from being deported, they were in deportation proceedings that were pushed out, thus they were paroled into the US which allowed them to apply for work authorization. They had NO temporary legal status they were still illegal immigrants, and if they came into the clutches of law enforcement they would get deported whether they were DACA or not.

I said the same thing you said, but thanks for adding more detail to it. I call it temporary legal status you call it probation, thats fine, its not really what we were debating. You can go after the petty insults if you want, but it just shows your insecurity and built up anger you have around this subject. It isn't doing you any favors.
It's not even probation. SMFH they are paroled while they await their next court date. You siad nothing the same as what I said, what you are calling it shows you really don't know what you are discussing or you are being purposely intellectually dishonest.

It's not even probation. SMFH they are paroled while they await their next court date. You siad nothing the same as what I said, what you are calling it shows you really don't know what you are discussing or you are being purposely intellectually dishonest.
I used simple language in a discussion about the bigger picture. We weren't arguing about the specifics of DACA. If you feel the need to now turn to that to try and make me look stupid with these little word games then go right ahead. Like I said before it just makes you look insecure and desperate.

I used simple language in a discussion about the bigger picture. We weren't arguing about the specifics of DACA. If you feel the need to now turn to that to try and make me look stupid with these little word games then go right ahead. Like I said before it just makes you look insecure and desperate.
Simple language? The simple language is the actual language, not the incorrect language you are using, which is not only misleading but it is intellectually dishonest and gives a different meaning all together.You are using your dishonesty to bolster your views. ;SHRUG:

These aren't word games, if you know as much as you think you do then simply use the correct wording and terminology, you won't look so intellectually dishonest.

Simple language? The simple language is the actual language, not the incorrect language you are using, which is not only misleading but it is intellectually dishonest and gives a different meaning all together.You are using your dishonesty to bolster your views. ;SHRUG:

These aren't word games, if you know as much as you think you do then simply use the correct wording and terminology, you won't look so intellectually dishonest.
Jesus Christ dude, it does nothing towards the discussion, this a complete diversion. Here pay close attention, i don't want to repeat myself...
I was horribly mistaken when I said that DACA recipients had legal status. They have "deferred" status that protects them from deportation for 2 year intervals and allows them to pursue legal work authorization. Liquid Reigns wipes the floor with me on an intellectual level and I bow at his feet in hopes that he one day allows me the honor of clipping his toe nails.

Last edited:

Jesus Christ dude, it does nothing towards the discussion, this a complete diversion. Here pay close attention, i don't want to repeat myself...
I was horribly mistaken when I said that DACA recipients had legal status. They have "deferred" status that protects them from deportation for 2 year intervals and allows them to pursue legal work authorization. Liquid Reigns wipes the floor with me on an intellectual level and I bow at his feet in hopes that he one day allows me the honor of clipping his toe nails.
JFC They don't even have "deferred' status, they are ILLEGAL ALIENS paroled while they await their next court date. They are not protected in any way. If they came into contact with law enforcement, they could be deported, it would be the DHS's discretion. DACA would not save them. SMFH

JFC They don't even have "deferred' status, they are ILLEGAL ALIENS paroled while they await their next court date. They are not protected in any way. If they came into contact with law enforcement, they could be deported, it would be the DHS's discretion. DACA would not save them. SMFH
Are you just trying to be obnoxious to annoy me or do you really think you are sounding smart?

Of course dreamers have deferred status. That is the definition of what DACA is. Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals. They apply for consideration for deferred action from deportation and may also receive work authorization. I don't know where you are getting this "parole" idea. If they want to travel outside the country they can apply for "advance parole" is that what you are getting it confused with? Yes ICE and DHS have the power to revoke deferred status especially if a person commits a crime. I'm not seeing your point or why you are playing these word games. You lose the moral argument so you go for the terms and definitions sheet to try and discredit me? Hope it makes you feel better

Are you just trying to be obnoxious to annoy me or do you really think you are sounding smart?

Of course dreamers have deferred status. That is the definition of what DACA is. Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals. They apply for consideration for deferred action from deportation and may also receive work authorization. I don't know where you are getting this "parole" idea. If they want to travel outside the country they can apply for "advance parole" is that what you are getting it confused with? Yes ICE and DHS have the power to revoke deferred status especially if a person commits a crime. I'm not seeing your point or why you are playing these word games. You lose the moral argument so you go for the terms and definitions sheet to try and discredit me? Hope it makes you feel better
Deferred action refers to their court date not their status. SMFH
They are in deportation proceedings through the court system, they have been paroled while they await there next court date which has been deferred for more than a year out which allows them to apply for work authorization while they wait.

What Is DACA

On June 15, 2012, the Secretary of Homeland Security announced that certain people who came to the United States as children and meet several guidelines may request consideration of deferred action for a period of two years, subject to renewal. They are also eligible for work authorization. Deferred action is a use of prosecutorial discretion to defer removal action against an individual for a certain period of time. Deferred action does not provide lawful status.
Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

Of course you don't know where I am getting paroled from because you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to DACA. I strongly suggest you quit hunting search words and headlines and try actually researching the subject.

Moral argument? Morals are subjective, what you may deem moral may not be I deem moral.

Last edited:
How old do you think DACA individuals are?
The averages work out to them being brought here at the age of 6. Their average age now is 22, meaning they have lived in this country for 16 years or the majority of their lives.

Yeah, so what? Whats your point? Are you completely lost here it doesn't seem like you have a clue about whats going on... Agree or not can you at least articulate the point of your opposition? Give it a shot, show us that you at least understand the argument.

Irony is, well, ironic

Just the law and constitution. To a lib, that is nothing

Deferred action refers to their court date not their status. SMFH
They are in deportation proceedings through the court system, they have been paroled while they await there next court date which has been deferred for more than a year out which allows them to apply for work authorization while they wait.

What Is DACA

On June 15, 2012, the Secretary of Homeland Security announced that certain people who came to the United States as children and meet several guidelines may request consideration of deferred action for a period of two years, subject to renewal. They are also eligible for work authorization. Deferred action is a use of prosecutorial discretion to defer removal action against an individual for a certain period of time. Deferred action does not provide lawful status.
Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

Of course you don't know where I am getting paroled from because you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to DACA. I strongly suggest you quit hunting search words and headlines and try actually researching the subject.

Moral argument? Morals are subjective, what you may deem moral may not be I deem moral.
I've read DACA and how both USCIS and DHS present it. Nowhere does it mention parole unless it is talking about advance parole with travel. It also is not exclusive to those who have been detained and have a court date. They are actively advertising the program for qualifying people to apply, most of who do not have a court date and whom not have been detained.

How about instead of doing all the head shaking you actually back up your claims with substance. Show me the text that either proves me wrong or proves you right.

Irony is, well, ironic

I asked if you had the awareness and cognitive ability to accurately understand and articulate the oppositional argument. You've deflected twice so i'll assume that you don't.

I've read DACA and how both USCIS and DHS present it. Nowhere does it mention parole unless it is talking about advance parole with travel. It also is not exclusive to those who have been detained and have a court date. They are actively advertising the program for qualifying people to apply, most of who do not have a court date and whom not have been detained.

How about instead of doing all the head shaking you actually back up your claims with substance. Show me the text that either proves me wrong or proves you right.
None have been detained, DACA places them into deportation proceedings that get deferred (the forms they file when they apply for DACA), meaning their hearing court date is sometime in the future (more than 1 year out allows them to apply for work authorization).

None have been detained, DACA places them into deportation proceedings that get deferred (the forms they file when they apply for DACA), meaning their hearing court date is sometime in the future (more than 1 year out allows them to apply for work authorization).
DACA gives them deferred action on deportation and a work permit as long as they meet the criteria and do not commit crimes. It does not put them in deportation proceedings. If a persons DACA is denied and they have not committed a crime then the case is not reported to ICE.

DACA gives them deferred action on deportation and a work permit as long as they meet the criteria and do not commit crimes. It does not put them in deportation proceedings. If a persons DACA is denied and they have not committed a crime then the case is not reported to ICE.
Deferred action means they are placed into removal proceedings (via the forms they fill out and file) through USCIS that are being deferred. There is no deferred action on deportation as they can be deported while having DACA. DACA does not protect them in any way. They stop accruing illegal presence when granted DACA and they are of the lowest priority for removal. ICE has nothing to do with it as ICE doesn't prosecute, yet if ICE comes across one via local law enforcement for a crime, then ICE can detain and removal proceedings can be completed. ICE is only informed by USCIS if the person is found to have lied on the application or they have committed a heinous crime or one that renders them deportable.

This was done under Obama to a DACA recipient.
DACA Recipient Deported After Visiting Mexico | HuffPost

“Generally, these people weren’t going to be priorities to begin with. They’re generally going to be younger people who have been here for a long time and have no criminal record,” said John Sandweg, who previously served as the acting director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement. “They’re not somebody we wanted ICE agents to waste time on.” With the finite resources ICE has, the population is not one an administration wants “to waste resources on from an enforcement perspective,” he added.

In 2014, then-DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson announced that the administration would focus on removing undocumented immigrants with criminal records. This would exclude DACA members since to qualify, individuals cannot be “convicted of a felony, a significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors,” or “pose a threat to national security or public safety.” U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services, which grants DACA status, advises Customs and Border Patrol and ICE to “exercise their discretion on a case-by-case basis to prevent qualifying individuals from being apprehended, placed into removal proceedings, or removed.” DHS Secretary John Kelly has said his agency is not targeting DACA recipients, though some have been arrested in recent weeks.
Trump’s Quiet Reversal on Deporting Young Undocumented Immigrants

Last edited:

Deferred action means they are placed into removal proceedings (via the forms they fill out and file) through USCIS that are being deferred. There is no deferred action on deportation as they can be deported while having DACA. DACA does not protect them in any way. They stop accruing illegal presence when granted DACA and they are of the lowest priority for removal. ICE has nothing to do with it as ICE doesn't prosecute, yet if ICE comes across one via local law enforcement for a crime, then ICE can detain and removal proceedings can be completed. ICE is only informed by USCIS if the person is found to have lied on the application or they have committed a heinous crime or one that renders them deportable.

“Generally, these people weren’t going to be priorities to begin with. They’re generally going to be younger people who have been here for a long time and have no criminal record,” said John Sandweg, who previously served as the acting director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement. “They’re not somebody we wanted ICE agents to waste time on.” With the finite resources ICE has, the population is not one an administration wants “to waste resources on from an enforcement perspective,” he added.

In 2014, then-DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson announced that the administration would focus on removing undocumented immigrants with criminal records. This would exclude DACA members since to qualify, individuals cannot be “convicted of a felony, a significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors,” or “pose a threat to national security or public safety.” U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services, which grants DACA status, advises Customs and Border Patrol and ICE to “exercise their discretion on a case-by-case basis to prevent qualifying individuals from being apprehended, placed into removal proceedings, or removed.” DHS Secretary John Kelly has said his agency is not targeting DACA recipients, though some have been arrested in recent weeks.
DACA is a written order given by the commander and chief directing our immigration enforcement agencies to defer deportation and issue valid work permits in two year intervals to a group of people who qualify under the criteria. You dont think that's protection?! Of course it is!
There was always the risk of a new president reversing the policy. And there was a risk of deportation if they commit crimes. But other than those two scenarios it gave the dreamers protection from deportation and the ability to work.

Just because it isn't written law doesn't mean it has no significance. It's still a law in my home town that you can get a citation if you sneeze on a public sidewalk (because it could spook the horses) but surprisingly enough it hasn't been enforced for a long time now. Could a cop right now be justified to write a sneezer a ticket? Sure he could by law. But nobody is going to do that

Btw. Congressman Steve King (Mr toughass on immigration) just called DACA a "quasi legal status" tonight in an interview with Tucker Carlson. You should go set him straight!

Irony is, well, ironic

I asked if you had the awareness and cognitive ability to accurately understand and articulate the oppositional argument. You've deflected twice so i'll assume that you don't.

You assume whatever a mental midget wishes to assume. It's your choice.

DACA is a written order given by the commander and chief directing our immigration enforcement agencies to defer deportation and issue valid work permits in two year intervals to a group of people who qualify under the criteria. You dont think that's protection?! Of course it is!
There was always the risk of a new president reversing the policy. And there was a risk of deportation if they commit crimes. But other than those two scenarios it gave the dreamers protection from deportation and the ability to work.

Just because it isn't written law doesn't mean it has no significance. It's still a law in my home town that you can get a citation if you sneeze on a public sidewalk (because it could spook the horses) but surprisingly enough it hasn't been enforced for a long time now. Could a cop right now be justified to write a sneezer a ticket? Sure he could by law. But nobody is going to do that

Btw. Congressman Steve King (Mr toughass on immigration) just called DACA a "quasi legal status" tonight in an interview with Tucker Carlson. You should go set him straight!
You sure like to spin words to fit your narrative. DACA is a directive (not a written order by the President) given to the agency head who put out a memorandum (written letter by DHS head) with the directive that DACA is a low priority for removal/deportation. Agents are to focus on criminals and border crosser's. Read the DACA memo put out by the DHS head under Obama. They can still be deported for crimes (if they come into contact with the law).

Steve Kings comment went right over your head, "quasi legal status" because they are given legal work authorization and in most states they are also allowed a drivers license.

Just because a law isn't enforced, doesn't mean its not law, the officer has discretion to enforce it or not based on priorities set by the department/agency. :SHRUG:

Forum List

Back