In the long run, with the #MeToo movement hurt women's careers?

Apparently he was. IT was an interesting time......a few careers went in the toilet, rightfully, over that one.

You misspelled wrongfully. The women at Tailhook were not "innocent" and volunteered to participate. As an aviator, you should have appreciated that it was a tradition. Was it raunchy, lewd and lascivious? Of course it was.

The women who were upset are no better than a woman who consents to sex, wakes up the next morning after she is sobered up, regrets her decision, and decides she was raped. I have seen far too many instances of that happening to dismiss it.
Wrong...it was a gauntlet....their clothes were ripped and they were pawed.

And as an aviator I do not recognize pawing women and ripping their clothes as any kind of "tradition". How sad if you think it's a tradition for black shoes.
Imo it's best to take Rock as though he really is from that movie.

Speaking of the movie, wouldn't Nurse Haynes have possibly been charged with sexual harassment the way she went after Captain Torrey?
What movie?
In Harm's Way - Wikipedia

Even a little date rape featuring Kirk Douglas ... after which the victim killed herself, and Douglas's character redeemed himself by dying heroically. LOL

This will undoubtably hurt women in the long run as men take a defensive posture. Protecting themselves from the lies expected to come will take precedence over every other aspect. That's why Pence always has his wife with him. No chance of getting smacked with a lie. So there will be no more women taken into confidence. Women will be slowly and effectively marginalized and excluded, just like they were before. This is really turning back the clock.

Careful what you say in front of the ladies. They might get the vapors and faint.
Only by men who cannot control themselves and act like adults. Probably a win situation for the women they might have been pawing.

Men who can't control themselves are the least of your problems. It's the men who do not want to take the risk of a liar that will be far more numerous. It would not surprise me if men didn't start wearing hidden cameras and recording devices when they ask women out or have circumstances where they are alone with a lying female looking for a big payday.
It would be an excellent idea for women.....no seriously....it's amazing how stupid some of these men can be leaving paper and electronic trails of their harassment.

We had a school district superintendent busted for sexually harassing women in the district office......one being the head of IT...who saves all his harassing e-mails. That's right.....e-mails.

You misspelled wrongfully. The women at Tailhook were not "innocent" and volunteered to participate. As an aviator, you should have appreciated that it was a tradition. Was it raunchy, lewd and lascivious? Of course it was.

The women who were upset are no better than a woman who consents to sex, wakes up the next morning after she is sobered up, regrets her decision, and decides she was raped. I have seen far too many instances of that happening to dismiss it.
Wrong...it was a gauntlet....their clothes were ripped and they were pawed.

And as an aviator I do not recognize pawing women and ripping their clothes as any kind of "tradition". How sad if you think it's a tradition for black shoes.
Imo it's best to take Rock as though he really is from that movie.

Speaking of the movie, wouldn't Nurse Haynes have possibly been charged with sexual harassment the way she went after Captain Torrey?
What movie?
In Harm's Way - Wikipedia

Even a little date rape featuring Kirk Douglas ... after which the victim killed herself, and Douglas's character redeemed himself by dying heroically. LOL
Yeah...fiction of people behaving badly.

nothing you wear or don't wear gives anyone the right to touch you without your consent.

Rights...........are we doing Natural Rights Theory? Jefferson said we have a right to life, but everybody dies. I don't have a high opinion of "rights" that never work, somehow. We may have a right to sexual respect somewhere, in a closed book in a basement somewhere, but we don't get it in the workplace, too often.

So how about we just say no matter what you wear or don't wear, no one gets to touch you without your consent? Fair enough?

nothing you wear or don't wear gives anyone the right to touch you without your consent.

Rights...........are we doing Natural Rights Theory? Jefferson said we have a right to life, but everybody dies. I don't have a high opinion of "rights" that never work, somehow. We may have a right to sexual respect somewhere, in a closed book in a basement somewhere, but we don't get it in the workplace, too often.

So how about we just say no matter what you wear or don't wear, no one gets to touch you without your consent? Fair enough?
This is why I am an Episcopalian. Shaking hands is borderline.

The OP could wear his best speedo and nobody would ever want to touch him.

That is why he’s so angry. He can’t get women to notice him. It’s sad.

Wasn’t there a TV character who considered a handshake to be sexual intercourse?

Wasn’t there a TV character who considered a handshake to be sexual intercourse?

Mork?

I think so, yes, because the new rule is that women are believed, even when there isn't a shred of evidence, and men's careers are being destroyed based only on unproven accusations.

So men are going to be extra careful around women, and that may mean women will NOT be hired, women will NOT be promoted, and women will NOT be mentored by male bosses.

This could undo a lot of progress women have made in the workplace.

The downside of the #MeToo movement starting to dawn on women

How could it be any worse for women? The OP is full of shit - as usual.

5a317fa31600002100c4fc67.jpeg

SALMA HAYEK: ‘WEINSTEIN IS MY MONSTER TOO’

The ‘Frida’ Actress Says Harvey Weinstein Threatened To ‘Kill’ Her

This will undoubtably hurt women in the long run as men take a defensive posture. Protecting themselves from the lies expected to come will take precedence over every other aspect. That's why Pence always has his wife with him. No chance of getting smacked with a lie. So there will be no more women taken into confidence. Women will be slowly and effectively marginalized and excluded, just like they were before. This is really turning back the clock.

Careful what you say in front of the ladies. They might get the vapors and faint.
Only by men who cannot control themselves and act like adults. Probably a win situation for the women they might have been pawing.

Men who can't control themselves are the least of your problems. It's the men who do not want to take the risk of a liar that will be far more numerous. It would not surprise me if men didn't start wearing hidden cameras and recording devices when they ask women out or have circumstances where they are alone with a lying female looking for a big payday.
It would be an excellent idea for women.....no seriously....it's amazing how stupid some of these men can be leaving paper and electronic trails of their harassment.

We had a school district superintendent busted for sexually harassing women in the district office......one being the head of IT...who saves all his harassing e-mails. That's right.....e-mails.

While it is sad to see what women did with the freedom they were given, it was probably a mistake in the first place. There are worthwhile, strong, independent women, but too few to make a difference. What women really need is a return to the days of the elderly aunt chaperone.

An interesting twist on sexual assault in the military now....reporting has increased because, in the past, assaulters would threaten their victims with reporting them as lesbians (whether true or not)....that threat no longer exists.

While it is sad to see what women did with the freedom they were given, it was probably a mistake in the first place. There are worthwhile, strong, independent women, but too few to make a difference. What women really need is a return to the days of the elderly aunt chaperone.
Sure.....anything else rather than men learning to be civilized adults.

Mork?

Is that it?

Mork?

Is that it?

I don't know. That's why there was a question mark. That or Alf. Or maybe an old kids' joke.

Mork?

Is that it?

I don't know. That's why there was a question mark. That or Alf. Or maybe an old kids' joke.

Hey Willie! Where’s the cat?!

I think moving forward, if you are a woman who looks like a bulldog, a manager is more likely to hire you. If you are a woman who is even pseudo attractive, a male might well pass on you. Well duh.......you have to have a plate in your head if you are a manager and not paying attention to that these days. Wont matter for an entry level job but any job in business or a profession.........its a whole new ballgame. Yet another thing to thank k00k progressives for!!:bye1:

Women are not to blame.. I don't like your accusatory tone.

And no, attractive women are not going to be punished. The only thing that will happen is 1. far fewer office romances, and 2. male managers will have to start keeping doors open and avoiding private 1 on 1's. No. 2 might hurt women a little but not as much as having only 40% of the college degrees is hurting men, that's for damn sure.

Holy shit..........heres a guy who's lived in a bubble his whole life. :2up:

Forum List

Back