In the long run, with the #MeToo movement hurt women's careers?

Anyone who paws women, forces themselves on women, doesn't take NO for an answer are too stupid to live if they "don't think they are doing anything wrong".

Nope, they're in denial. They want to pet and pat, so they rationalize it. That's how I saw it at the time. He wanted to get some, but he didn't fully recognize it.

I think moving forward, if you are a woman who looks like a bulldog, a manager is more likely to hire you. If you are a woman who is even pseudo attractive, a male might well pass on you. Well duh.......you have to have a plate in your head if you are a manager and not paying attention to that these days. Wont matter for an entry level job but any job in business or a profession.........its a whole new ballgame. Yet another thing to thank k00k progressives for!!:bye1:

Most men now view this as the new sport for women.
Summary: It's the women's fault....we must alter our woman-hiring practices. We don't have to change the behavior of men who act like pigs.
See, there you again. Not ALL accusations are about men acting like pigs. Some of them are bullshit.
Look at that chick that accused dustin hoffman. She was ok with it. One day she decides she dont like him anymore. 20 years down the road, she decides to join the sex bandwagon and socially assassinate him over nothing.
Or that one guy from NPR when all he did was touch her back because she was wearing a dress without a back..
Some of these are complete horseshit. It only makes sense to leave some business owners worried..
Her blouse was open for some reason. She wasn't wearing a dress without a back. His hand went 6" up her blouse in the back.
Isn't it interesting how "innocent" the poor man is.....................

Tell her to prove it ...if necessary in a court of law. Why aren't trump and Moore going to court if they REALLY were unjustly maligned?

You can't get blood out of turnip!
Not even to clear their names?

BTW....you remember TailHook, right? I'm getting so many flashbacks of that that aftereffect.

Yeah, we made our sexual harassment instructor cry! She was unprepared for the level of questions we had regarding the topic. They should have never sent her into a room of about 60 Surface Warfare Officers in the days where women were not allowed on combatant ships.
Proud of that, aren't ya?

We did nothing wrong. She was just completely intimidated.
Mmmmmm......
I know how that works. Intimidation is great, isn't it? And that is why you are throwing out questions that have nothing to do with actual sexual harassment. Because you don't see anything wrong with it. Intimidation and misuse of power is exactly what sexual harassment is about.

Tell her to prove it ...if necessary in a court of law. Why aren't trump and Moore going to court if they REALLY were unjustly maligned?

BTW....you remember TailHook, right? I'm getting so many flashbacks of that that aftereffect.

Yeah, we made our sexual harassment instructor cry! She was unprepared for the level of questions we had regarding the topic. They should have never sent her into a room of about 60 Surface Warfare Officers in the days where women were not allowed on combatant ships.
Apparently he was. IT was an interesting time......a few careers went in the toilet, rightfully, over that one.

You misspelled wrongfully. The women at Tailhook were not "innocent" and volunteered to participate. As an aviator, you should have appreciated that it was a tradition. Was it raunchy, lewd and lascivious? Of course it was.

The women who were upset are no better than a woman who consents to sex, wakes up the next morning after she is sobered up, regrets her decision, and decides she was raped. I have seen far too many instances of that happening to dismiss it.

I think moving forward, if you are a woman who looks like a bulldog, a manager is more likely to hire you. If you are a woman who is even pseudo attractive, a male might well pass on you. Well duh.......you have to have a plate in your head if you are a manager and not paying attention to that these days. Wont matter for an entry level job but any job in business or a profession.........its a whole new ballgame. Yet another thing to thank k00k progressives for!!:bye1:

Huh. This has been the recipe for women who wanted to hire maids and au pairs and such forever. Hire ugly. Because they all knew their husbands, sons, etc. would not be able to keep their hands off the pretty ones.

And it's why smart women wore glasses, dignified clothes, and so on. To avoid catching their attention, because if we did, we'd be pursued unmercifully, as prey.

nothing you wear or don't wear gives anyone the right to touch you without your consent.

Anyone who paws women, forces themselves on women, doesn't take NO for an answer are too stupid to live if they "don't think they are doing anything wrong".

Nope, they're in denial. They want to pet and pat, so they rationalize it. That's how I saw it at the time. He wanted to get some, but he didn't fully recognize it.
well, anyone in denial needs to have reality explained to them...........one way or another.

having seen how you act on the board, I'm going to guess that the proper description is that you were intentionally abusive and bullied her.

Apparently he was. IT was an interesting time......a few careers went in the toilet, rightfully, over that one.

You misspelled wrongfully. The women at Tailhook were not "innocent" and volunteered to participate. As an aviator, you should have appreciated that it was a tradition. Was it raunchy, lewd and lascivious? Of course it was.

The women who were upset are no better than a woman who consents to sex, wakes up the next morning after she is sobered up, regrets her decision, and decides she was raped. I have seen far too many instances of that happening to dismiss it.
Wrong...it was a gauntlet....their clothes were ripped and they were pawed.

And as an aviator I do not recognize pawing women and ripping their clothes as any kind of "tradition". How sad if you think it's a tradition for black shoes.

So if a woman comes on to you and gets you to do the naughty, then 40 years from now accuses you of taking advantage of her, what are you going to do?

Let me guess.....crossed arms all over the room.

I thought it was appropriate that promotions were held up over that one.

The funny thing is that later on just about everyone was quietly cleared of any wrongdoing with no fanfare. I think the only one who "took it in the shorts" was a prospective CO of the Blue Angels.

Summary: It's the women's fault....we must alter our woman-hiring practices. We don't have to change the behavior of men who act like pigs.
See, there you again. Not ALL accusations are about men acting like pigs. Some of them are bullshit.
Look at that chick that accused dustin hoffman. She was ok with it. One day she decides she dont like him anymore. 20 years down the road, she decides to join the sex bandwagon and socially assassinate him over nothing.
Or that one guy from NPR when all he did was touch her back because she was wearing a dress without a back..
Some of these are complete horseshit. It only makes sense to leave some business owners worried..
Her blouse was open for some reason. She wasn't wearing a dress without a back. His hand went 6" up her blouse in the back.
I have to admit I find it hard to get behind this woman, but we aren't hearing her side of the story, either. I love Keillor and he has never had a breath of an accusation against him. I'm guessing she wants some money, now she sees all these other women cashing in. Maybe it's partly because I love Keillor, but it's partly because he profusely apologized when it happened and he obviously didn't grab her pussy or her titty or say anything foul. Of course, he could be lying.

Wrong...it was a gauntlet....their clothes were ripped and they were pawed.

And as an aviator I do not recognize pawing women and ripping their clothes as any kind of "tradition". How sad if you think it's a tradition for black shoes.
Imo it's best to take Rock as though he really is from that movie.

nothing you wear or don't wear gives anyone the right to touch you without your consent.

Rights...........are we doing Natural Rights Theory? Jefferson said we have a right to life, but everybody dies. I don't have a high opinion of "rights" that never work, somehow. We may have a right to sexual respect somewhere, in a closed book in a basement somewhere, but we don't get it in the workplace, too often.

I have to admit I find it hard to get behind this woman, but we aren't hearing her side of the story, either. I love Keillor and he has never had a breath of an accusation against him. I'm guessing she wants some money, now she sees all these other women cashing in. Maybe it's partly because I love Keillor, but it's partly because he profusely apologized when it happened and he obviously didn't grab her pussy or her titty or say anything foul. Of course, he could be lying.
"I put my hand on a woman's bare back. I meant to pat her back after she told me about her unhappiness and her shirt was open and my hand went up it about six inches. She recoiled. I apologized. I sent her an email of apology later and she replied that she had forgiven me and not to think about it. We were friends. We continued to be friendly right up until her lawyer called."
Sounds innocent to me. But like you said, i cant find her side of it anywhere.

The funny thing is that later on just about everyone was quietly cleared of any wrongdoing with no fanfare. I think the only one who "took it in the shorts" was a prospective CO of the Blue Angels.
Tailhook scandal - Wikipedia

Oh? :eusa_eh:

"I put my hand on a woman's bare back. I meant to pat her back after she told me about her unhappiness and her shirt was open and my hand went up it about six inches. She recoiled. I apologized. I sent her an email of apology later and she replied that she had forgiven me and not to think about it. We were friends. We continued to be friendly right up until her lawyer called."
Sounds innocent to me. But like you said, i cant find her side of it anywhere.
Sounds innocent to me, too, but I'm a big Keillor fan so I'm trying not to be biased.

Mmmmmm......
I know how that works. Intimidation is great, isn't it? And that is why you are throwing out questions that have nothing to do with actual sexual harassment. Because you don't see anything wrong with it. Intimidation and misuse of power is exactly what sexual harassment is about.

How do you know? Were you that wrinkled old prune sitting in the back?

The woman was a GURL, which is a sexist term in and of itself (pronounced "girl" and almost all were females). General Unrestricted Line officer, which meant she wasn't qualified to do anything. She had never been close to a ship or aircraft.

We did nothing wrong, despite your uninformed opinions as our CO was sitting right there in the room. He was the one who suggested they find someone who knew the answers to the questions we had. It was like having her give a talk about testicular cancer. She could not relate.

Huh. This has been the recipe for women who wanted to hire maids and au pairs and such forever. Hire ugly. Because they all knew their husbands, sons, etc. would not be able to keep their hands off the pretty ones.

And it's why smart women wore glasses, dignified clothes, and so on. To avoid catching their attention, because if we did, we'd be pursued unmercifully, as prey.
How sad to be a wife so distrustful of your husband doing the adult thing. That's a sad story.

No doubt, but anyone who thinks it's old-timey and not a modern problem is a fool. I'm thinking of that woman in Cincinnati who hired the lovely au pair from Germany and pretty soon we were hearing stories of how hubby the doctor was taking her riding, going out to lunch with her, etc.

Especially etc, we all felt sure.

They'll do it.

Tailhook scandal - Wikipedia

Oh? :eusa_eh:
I thought about linking that or something, but seriously why waste the time or energy on the guy?

It's a good day, and the issue of harassment and discrimination is an issue that should be addressed.

Forum List

Back