In the long run, with the #MeToo movement hurt women's careers?

I think it's clear that from now on, men are not going to want women around them in the workplace.
Of course they will. They will have to be gentlemen.
Blackrook is just trying to scare women off from reporting sexual harassment.
Exactly......it's: "We are going to punish women for reporting sexual harassment by not employing you any more!" Sounds like the kind of solution a habitual sexual harasser would come up with.
Good lord. Only a sexist could come up with shit like that
Whatever it takes for men to excuse those who behave badly, I guess.

I think it's clear that from now on, men are not going to want women around them in the workplace.
Exactly......it's: "We are going to punish women for reporting sexual harassment by not employing you any more!" Sounds like the kind of solution a habitual sexual harasser would come up with.
Good lord. Only a sexist could come up with shit like that
Whatever it takes for men to excuse those who behave badly, I guess.
Not everyone who would think that not hiring women would be a good idea, thinks like that. You are projecting your own feelz on others. When men do that to women, they are sexist. Isnt that how it works?

No.

If anything this should probably be a wakeup call for men to stop fucking around.

Most of the allegations seem to be true, though some have been overblown (Glenn Thrush).
Isn't it funny that they can't seem to see that simple solution?

The only case where I could see this becoming a negative issue are office romances. While usually ill-advised, you spend a lot of time with these people, and a lot of people meet their significant other through work. That is probably going to take a big hit or go away all together. Either that, or women will have to start becoming the initiators, because I think most men with a brain in the head are going to avoid putting themselves at risk, but are equally unlikely to accuse a woman of sexual harassment (unless she is just downright crazy).
I dated guys I met at work, but we did it after hours and we BOTH were doing it willingly.
How that relates to sexual harassment, I don't know.

What if you decided to break it off and he didn't want that? Would you not be opening yourself up for a claim that you were sexually harassing him?

No.

If anything this should probably be a wakeup call for men to stop fucking around.

Most of the allegations seem to be true, though some have been overblown (Glenn Thrush).

The only case where I could see this becoming a negative issue are office romances. While usually ill-advised, you spend a lot of time with these people, and a lot of people meet their significant other through work. That is probably going to take a big hit or go away all together. Either that, or women will have to start becoming the initiators, because I think most men with a brain in the head are going to avoid putting themselves at risk, but are equally unlikely to accuse a woman of sexual harassment (unless she is just downright crazy).
I dated guys I met at work, but we did it after hours and we BOTH were doing it willingly.

What if you decided to break it off and he didn't want that? Would you not be opening yourself up for a claim that you were sexually harassing him?

No, because he is a man and no one would take him seriously, I suspect.

Just being honest.

No.

So if a woman comes on to you and gets you to do the naughty, then 40 years from now accuses you of taking advantage of her, what are you going to do?
Tell her to prove it ...if necessary in a court of law. Why aren't trump and Moore going to court if they REALLY were unjustly maligned?

You can't get blood out of turnip!

I think so, yes, because the new rule is that women are believed, even when there isn't a shred of evidence, and men's careers are being destroyed based only on unproven accusations.

So men are going to be extra careful around women, and that may mean women will NOT be hired, women will NOT be promoted, and women will NOT be mentored by male bosses.

This could undo a lot of progress women have made in the workplace.

The downside of the #MeToo movement starting to dawn on women

It will backfire on non-leftist women who actually work, which is of course what the leftists who conducted the policy want. They can call for more government benefits for themselves based on the fact that these women aren't doing well. The political opposition can be called a bunch of rapists and apparently people buy it.

Usual leftist scam scheme. If you want actual improvement you will just have to side with civilization and state that listen and believe is completely unacceptable bullshit.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure?

I think so, yes, because the new rule is that women are believed, even when there isn't a shred of evidence, and men's careers are being destroyed based only on unproven accusations.

So men are going to be extra careful around women, and that may mean women will NOT be hired, women will NOT be promoted, and women will NOT be mentored by male bosses.

The downside of the #MeToo movement starting to dawn on women

It will backfire on non-leftist women who actually work, which is of course what the leftists who conducted the policy want. They can call for more government benefits for themselves based on the fact that these women aren't doing well.

Usual leftist scam scheme. If you want actual improvement you will just have to side with civilization and state that listen and believe is completely unacceptable bullshit.
Those leftist teenage girls.

I suspect sexual predators will discontinue hiring women.

No.

No, because he is a man and no one would take him seriously, I suspect.

Just being honest.

Depends on the woman.

I suspect sexual predators will discontinue hiring women.

I suspect men afraid of being falsely accused of sexual harassment will avoid hiring women to prevent the possibility.

Two types of women.

Manipulators and master manipulators.

It’s evelotional biology.

I think moving forward, if you are a woman who looks like a bulldog, a manager is more likely to hire you. If you are a woman who is even pseudo attractive, a male might well pass on you. Well duh.......you have to have a plate in your head if you are a manager and not paying attention to that these days. Wont matter for an entry level job but any job in business or a profession.........its a whole new ballgame. Yet another thing to thank k00k progressives for!!:bye1:

Most men now view this as the new sport for women.

I think moving forward, if you are a woman who looks like a bulldog, a manager is more likely to hire you. If you are a woman who is even pseudo attractive, a male might well pass on you. Well duh.......you have to have a plate in your head if you are a manager and not paying attention to that these days. Wont matter for an entry level job but any job in business or a profession.........its a whole new ballgame. Yet another thing to thank k00k progressives for!!:bye1:

Women are not to blame.. I don't like your accusatory tone.

And no, attractive women are not going to be punished. The only thing that will happen is 1. far fewer office romances, and 2. male managers will have to start keeping doors open and avoiding private 1 on 1's. No. 2 might hurt women a little but not as much as having only 40% of the college degrees is hurting men, that's for damn sure.

No.

I think a whole lot of you need a sexual harassment training. That's what I think.

No.

So if a woman comes on to you and gets you to do the naughty, then 40 years from now accuses you of taking advantage of her, what are you going to do?
Tell her to prove it ...if necessary in a court of law. Why aren't trump and Moore going to court if they REALLY were unjustly maligned?

You can't get blood out of turnip!
Not even to clear their names?

BTW....you remember TailHook, right? I'm getting so many flashbacks of that that aftereffect.

You were in the Navy and now teach....why don't you have the issue of sexual harassment in teaching as much?

Most men now view this as the new sport for women.
Summary: It's the women's fault....we must alter our woman-hiring practices. We don't have to change the behavior of men who act like pigs.

Yup. Sure will. No one will want to meet with them, talk to them or anything.
Only those men who apparently don't know how to behave around women.......

Or men (women too) won’t want to work with uppity bull dykes who are only gay because men won’t touch them. Wenches beware, there will be a backlash and it will be from real women. Not dykes.

No.

I think a whole lot of you need a sexual harassment training. That's what I think.

I have had more sexual harassment training than I care to mention. It taught me very well how to do it and get away with should I ever want to do that. On the other hand, it showed me how difficult it is to defend one's self against a fraudulent claim also.

Forum List

Back