In the long run, with the #MeToo movement hurt women's careers?

No.

If anything this should probably be a wakeup call for men to stop fucking around.

Most of the allegations seem to be true, though some have been overblown (Glenn Thrush).
Isn't it funny that they can't seem to see that simple solution?

The only case where I could see this becoming a negative issue are office romances. While usually ill-advised, you spend a lot of time with these people, and a lot of people meet their significant other through work. That is probably going to take a big hit or go away all together. Either that, or women will have to start becoming the initiators, because I think most men with a brain in the head are going to avoid putting themselves at risk, but are equally unlikely to accuse a woman of sexual harassment (unless she is just downright crazy).

My uncle said he wont hire women anymore. Said that last week.
Well, if he acts like you, I can see why. Wise move.
I dont act like anything at the workplace, actually. Do you ever get tired of being wrong? I mean... its like part of your character :dunno:
He just dont want some bitter twat suing him for an employee saying he wants to take her out on a date or something.
Don't get all huffy, TN. You've made a Big Deal of defending how wild and crazy men and women are with each other and how the President's bragging about shit on the bus is NORMAL. Hence my comment.
I'll admit that 98% of the time you are a pretty respectful young man, as far as that stuff goes.
Bragging IS normal. Everyone knows that. Even chicks do it. Prudes dont.
You weren't just talking about bragging. You were talking about grabbing/kissing/grinding on people to see if they were interested.

No.

If anything this should probably be a wakeup call for men to stop fucking around.

Most of the allegations seem to be true, though some have been overblown (Glenn Thrush).

The only case where I could see this becoming a negative issue are office romances. While usually ill-advised, you spend a lot of time with these people, and a lot of people meet their significant other through work. That is probably going to take a big hit or go away all together. Either that, or women will have to start becoming the initiators, because I think most men with a brain in the head are going to avoid putting themselves at risk, but are equally unlikely to accuse a woman of sexual harassment (unless she is just downright crazy).
I dated guys I met at work, but we did it after hours and we BOTH were doing it willingly.
How that relates to sexual harassment, I don't know.

No.

I dated guys I met at work, but we did it after hours and we BOTH were doing it willingly.

It relates in the sense that men are now afraid they'll be accused of something untoward for expressing their interest.

And obviously, if he never expresses an interest, and she never says anything because women usually don't, then nothing happens.

It is ... what it is.

No.

It relates in the sense that men are now afraid they'll be accused of something untoward for expressing their interest.

And obviously, if he never expresses an interest, and she never says anything because women usually don't, then nothing happens.

It is ... what it is.
A polite invitation to lunch or a cocktail is NOT sexual harassment. If you look at the allegations that have been made, I don't think the men were expressing polite interest.

My uncle said he wont hire women anymore. Said that last week.
I dont act like anything at the workplace, actually. Do you ever get tired of being wrong? I mean... its like part of your character :dunno:
He just dont want some bitter twat suing him for an employee saying he wants to take her out on a date or something.
Don't get all huffy, TN. You've made a Big Deal of defending how wild and crazy men and women are with each other and how the President's bragging about shit on the bus is NORMAL. Hence my comment.
I'll admit that 98% of the time you are a pretty respectful young man, as far as that stuff goes.
You weren't just talking about bragging. You were talking about grabbing/kissing/grinding on people to see if they were interested.

Yes, in the real world, that happens all the time.

No.

So if a woman comes on to you and gets you to do the naughty, then 40 years from now accuses you of taking advantage of her, what are you going to do?
Tell her to prove it ...if necessary in a court of law. Why aren't trump and Moore going to court if they REALLY were unjustly maligned?

So my original comment that you said I was so WRONG about really isn't that wrong, is it?
Brat.

No.

It is ... what it is.
A polite invitation to lunch or a cocktail is NOT sexual harassment. If you look at the allegations that have been made, I don't think the men were expressing polite interest.

Perception is important. I think a lot of men are going to avoid even going that far from now on. Could be wrong, but I don't plan on taking any chances, myself. Just too much to lose.

So my original comment that you said I was so WRONG about really isn't that wrong, is it?
Brat.
No dummy. Shit dont get crazy as work. Does people having a "personal life" ring any bells?
I knew this girl that was a weekend stripper and a full time CNA. Do you think she was showing those old guys her tits for a dollar?

Brat.
No dummy. Shit dont get crazy as work. Does people having a "personal life" ring any bells?
I knew this girl that was a weekend stripper and a full time CNA. Do you think she was showing those old guys her tits for a dollar?
Okay.

Brat.
Okay.
:itsok:
Its ok.. i dont hold your old age and senility against you ;)

I think it's clear that from now on, men are not going to want women around them in the workplace.
Of course they will. They will have to be gentlemen.
Blackrook is just trying to scare women off from reporting sexual harassment.
Exactly......it's: "We are going to punish women for reporting sexual harassment by not employing you any more!" Sounds like the kind of solution a habitual sexual harasser would come up with.

I think it's clear that from now on, men are not going to want women around them in the workplace.
Exactly......it's: "We are going to punish women for reporting sexual harassment by not employing you any more!" Sounds like the kind of solution a habitual sexual harasser would come up with.
And it's stupid. Women make up a majority. A biz has to have them as customers.

And it's stupid. Women make up a majority. A biz has to have them as customers.
You realize they were talking about employees and not customers right? :p

Good lord. Only a sexist could come up with shit like that

Good lord. Only a sexist could come up with shit like that

How do you figure?

Forum List

Back