In the long run, with the #MeToo movement hurt women's careers?

Yeah, we made our sexual harassment instructor cry! She was unprepared for the level of questions we had regarding the topic. They should have never sent her into a room of about 60 Surface Warfare Officers in the days where women were not allowed on combatant ships.
Proud of that, aren't ya?
Apparently he was. IT was an interesting time......a few careers went in the toilet, rightfully, over that one.

You misspelled wrongfully. The women at Tailhook were not "innocent" and volunteered to participate. As an aviator, you should have appreciated that it was a tradition. Was it raunchy, lewd and lascivious? Of course it was.

The women who were upset are no better than a woman who consents to sex, wakes up the next morning after she is sobered up, regrets her decision, and decides she was raped. I have seen far too many instances of that happening to dismiss it.
Wrong...it was a gauntlet....their clothes were ripped and they were pawed.

And as an aviator I do not recognize pawing women and ripping their clothes as any kind of "tradition". How sad if you think it's a tradition for black shoes.
Imo it's best to take Rock as though he really is from that movie.

Speaking of the movie, wouldn't Nurse Haynes have possibly been charged with sexual harassment the way she went after Captain Torrey?

Guys and Gals, shut up.

The old days of harassing are over.

Don't go after people you should not go after.

Most of all, don't fraternize in the work place.

When the anti-SH group goes after university professionals who go poaching among the graduate students, we will know a major turn has been made in the culture.

See, there you again. Not ALL accusations are about men acting like pigs. Some of them are bullshit.
Look at that chick that accused dustin hoffman. She was ok with it. One day she decides she dont like him anymore. 20 years down the road, she decides to join the sex bandwagon and socially assassinate him over nothing.
Or that one guy from NPR when all he did was touch her back because she was wearing a dress without a back..
Some of these are complete horseshit. It only makes sense to leave some business owners worried..
Her blouse was open for some reason. She wasn't wearing a dress without a back. His hand went 6" up her blouse in the back.
Isn't it interesting how "innocent" the poor man is.....................
I have to admit I find it hard to get behind this woman, but we aren't hearing her side of the story, either. I love Keillor and he has never had a breath of an accusation against him. I'm guessing she wants some money, now she sees all these other women cashing in. Maybe it's partly because I love Keillor, but it's partly because he profusely apologized when it happened and he obviously didn't grab her pussy or her titty or say anything foul. Of course, he could be lying.
"I put my hand on a woman's bare back. I meant to pat her back after she told me about her unhappiness and her shirt was open and my hand went up it about six inches. She recoiled. I apologized. I sent her an email of apology later and she replied that she had forgiven me and not to think about it. We were friends. We continued to be friendly right up until her lawyer called."
Sounds innocent to me. But like you said, i cant find her side of it anywhere.
Sounds innocent to me, too, but I'm a big Keillor fan so I'm trying not to be biased.
I never heard of the guy, personally. I just understand shit happens. Them "being friends until the lawyers called" is a big sign too

You can't get blood out of turnip!
Not even to clear their names?

BTW....you remember TailHook, right? I'm getting so many flashbacks of that that aftereffect.

Yeah, we made our sexual harassment instructor cry! She was unprepared for the level of questions we had regarding the topic. They should have never sent her into a room of about 60 Surface Warfare Officers in the days where women were not allowed on combatant ships.
Let me guess.....crossed arms all over the room.

I thought it was appropriate that promotions were held up over that one.

The funny thing is that later on just about everyone was quietly cleared of any wrongdoing with no fanfare. I think the only one who "took it in the shorts" was a prospective CO of the Blue Angels.
Tailhook scandal - Wikipedia

Oh? :eusa_eh:

Yeah, you have the official account and then what really happened, and never the 'twain shall meet.

Summary: It's the women's fault....we must alter our woman-hiring practices. We don't have to change the behavior of men who act like pigs.
See, there you again. Not ALL accusations are about men acting like pigs. Some of them are bullshit.
Look at that chick that accused dustin hoffman. She was ok with it. One day she decides she dont like him anymore. 20 years down the road, she decides to join the sex bandwagon and socially assassinate him over nothing.
Or that one guy from NPR when all he did was touch her back because she was wearing a dress without a back..
Some of these are complete horseshit. It only makes sense to leave some business owners worried..
Her blouse was open for some reason. She wasn't wearing a dress without a back. His hand went 6" up her blouse in the back.
I have to admit I find it hard to get behind this woman, but we aren't hearing her side of the story, either. I love Keillor and he has never had a breath of an accusation against him. I'm guessing she wants some money, now she sees all these other women cashing in. Maybe it's partly because I love Keillor, but it's partly because he profusely apologized when it happened and he obviously didn't grab her pussy or her titty or say anything foul. Of course, he could be lying.
"I put my hand on a woman's bare back. I meant to pat her back after she told me about her unhappiness and her shirt was open and my hand went up it about six inches. She recoiled. I apologized. I sent her an email of apology later and she replied that she had forgiven me and not to think about it. We were friends. We continued to be friendly right up until her lawyer called."
And you'd think that e-mail would be around still......

I think so, yes, because the new rule is that women are believed, even when there isn't a shred of evidence, and men's careers are being destroyed based only on unproven accusations.

So men are going to be extra careful around women, and that may mean women will NOT be hired, women will NOT be promoted, and women will NOT be mentored by male bosses.

This could undo a lot of progress women have made in the workplace.

The downside of the #MeToo movement starting to dawn on women

Hire women...but be sure to only hire the sluts...the ones with a proven slutty past...make sure you have dirt on them.

Isn't it funny that they can't seem to see that simple solution?

The only case where I could see this becoming a negative issue are office romances. While usually ill-advised, you spend a lot of time with these people, and a lot of people meet their significant other through work. That is probably going to take a big hit or go away all together. Either that, or women will have to start becoming the initiators, because I think most men with a brain in the head are going to avoid putting themselves at risk, but are equally unlikely to accuse a woman of sexual harassment (unless she is just downright crazy).
I dated guys I met at work, but we did it after hours and we BOTH were doing it willingly.
How that relates to sexual harassment, I don't know.

What if you decided to break it off and he didn't want that? Would you not be opening yourself up for a claim that you were sexually harassing him?
I think a whole lot of you need a sexual harassment training. That's what I think.

I have had more sexual harassment training than I care to mention. It taught me very well how to do it and get away with should I ever want to do that. On the other hand, it showed me how difficult it is to defend one's self against a fraudulent claim also.
No, it did not. It taught you how to behave properly.

Not even to clear their names?

BTW....you remember TailHook, right? I'm getting so many flashbacks of that that aftereffect.

The funny thing is that later on just about everyone was quietly cleared of any wrongdoing with no fanfare. I think the only one who "took it in the shorts" was a prospective CO of the Blue Angels.

Yeah, you have the official account and then what really happened, and never the 'twain shall meet.
Of course....feel free to mansplain' it to us.

I think so, yes, because the new rule is that women are believed, even when there isn't a shred of evidence, and men's careers are being destroyed based only on unproven accusations.

So men are going to be extra careful around women, and that may mean women will NOT be hired, women will NOT be promoted, and women will NOT be mentored by male bosses.

Hire women...but be sure to only hire the sluts...the ones with a proven slutty past...make sure you have dirt on them.
The GOP gift that keeps on giving! :clap:

And you'd think that e-mail would be around still......
You would think she would give her side of the story as well.

The GOP gift that keeps on giving! :clap:

Cause-and-effect baby… Something you fools know nothing about

You know, I really tire of your idiocy and fake persona. Why don't you see if your wife/husband will let you use your testicles every once in a while so you can relate to what it feels like to be a real man. You could never mansplain' anything to anyone because you would have to be a man first.

Alpha Mike Foxtrot!

This will undoubtably hurt women in the long run as men take a defensive posture. Protecting themselves from the lies expected to come will take precedence over every other aspect. That's why Pence always has his wife with him. No chance of getting smacked with a lie. So there will be no more women taken into confidence. Women will be slowly and effectively marginalized and excluded, just like they were before. This is really turning back the clock.

Careful what you say in front of the ladies. They might get the vapors and faint.

Proud of that, aren't ya?
Apparently he was. IT was an interesting time......a few careers went in the toilet, rightfully, over that one.

You misspelled wrongfully. The women at Tailhook were not "innocent" and volunteered to participate. As an aviator, you should have appreciated that it was a tradition. Was it raunchy, lewd and lascivious? Of course it was.

The women who were upset are no better than a woman who consents to sex, wakes up the next morning after she is sobered up, regrets her decision, and decides she was raped. I have seen far too many instances of that happening to dismiss it.
Wrong...it was a gauntlet....their clothes were ripped and they were pawed.

And as an aviator I do not recognize pawing women and ripping their clothes as any kind of "tradition". How sad if you think it's a tradition for black shoes.
Imo it's best to take Rock as though he really is from that movie.

Speaking of the movie, wouldn't Nurse Haynes have possibly been charged with sexual harassment the way she went after Captain Torrey?
What movie?

This will undoubtably hurt women in the long run as men take a defensive posture. Protecting themselves from the lies expected to come will take precedence over every other aspect. That's why Pence always has his wife with him. No chance of getting smacked with a lie. So there will be no more women taken into confidence. Women will be slowly and effectively marginalized and excluded, just like they were before. This is really turning back the clock.

Careful what you say in front of the ladies. They might get the vapors and faint.
Only by men who cannot control themselves and act like adults. Probably a win situation for the women they might have been pawing.

You know, I really tire of your idiocy and fake persona. Why don't you see if your wife/husband will let you use your testicles every once in a while so you can relate to what it feels like to be a real man. You could never mansplain' anything to anyone because you would have to be a man first.

Alpha Mike Foxtrot!
And here we have it......that delicate male ego crushed and must lash out.....I certainly can see you being angry at being expected to behave in an adult manner around women.

You mean some men still think they are running the show ... Now that's funny ... :thup:

It just occurred to me that in first grade a little girl once pinched me on the butt...it's suddenly been keeping me up at night…I'm thinking about filing a complaint...I could probably ruin her life couldn't I?

Only by men who cannot control themselves and act like adults. Probably a win situation for the women they might have been pawing.

Men who can't control themselves are the least of your problems. It's the men who do not want to take the risk of a liar that will be far more numerous. It would not surprise me if men didn't start wearing hidden cameras and recording devices when they ask women out or have circumstances where they are alone with a lying female looking for a big payday.

Forum List

Back