Inauguration protests turn violent, car torched

[

It has only been three hours and Trump is tearing this nation apart

Oh, it's Trump throwing rocks and burning cars, huh?

oddly enough I thought it was the Trump supporters being accused of being violent during the majority of the election. painted as violent rubes of various stripes, all frothing at the mouth and looking for someone to beat with a club, while the left was simply above all that unpleasantry.

truth- it's what's for dinner.

eat up libs......

Well you reap what you sew.
and your sides crops are violently behaving like your side paid them to do.

Lame. Who are the violent protesters. That is the subject of this thread.

You saw some peaceful BLM protesters? And you have a problem with that? Of course you do.

I assume the ones who were violent so far have been arrested. Guess we both get to wait until 6pm news? I did see an injured police officer a while ago, but can confirm how he was injured.

Wages may not go up...but jobs will! Progressives are so stupid - they trade low-wage jobs for no-wage jobs. Talk about "wages going down". Minimum wage is a LOT more than $0.00 per hour sweetie.
they will go up automatically, no more union dues, half their check will now go to their families.

Liar. Union dues are 2% of your gross pay.
so an instant 2% raise.

And then no raises for the next 30 years. No collective bargaining? I can't wait for the GOP to break the unions.

Donald Trump got Reagan-like support from union households
Reagan broke the union and nothing bad happened there! Seems there is precedence.

Nothing bad happened there? Are you kidding me? As union membership went from 35% of our workforce to 12% wages have declined drastically in America. In those years since Reagan is when the gap between rich and poor got bigger.

What amazes me is so many Americans didn't figure this out. I know so many former union workers who are crying now because they don't make as much as they used to and they vote GOP now? Well lets see the GOP get you back to what you were making before. Don't hold your breath.

And OMG Reagan did a lot to help get America where it is today. Where workers make less and corporations and shareholders make more.

But none will tell Americans the truth about why we have eleven million illegal aliens in this nation now (when it was fewer than 2 million when Reagan came into office), why they're staying, or why they keep coming. In a word, it's "jobs." In conservative lexicon, it's "cheap labor to increase corporate profits."

Conservatives well understand supply and demand. If there's more of something, its price goes down. If it becomes scarce, its price goes up.

They also understand that this applies just as readily to labor as it does to houses, cars, soybeans, or oil. While the history of much of the progressive movement in the United States has been to control the supply of labor (mostly through pushing for maximum-hour, right-to-strike, and child-labor laws) to thus be able to bargain decent wages for working people, the history of conservative America has, from its earliest days grounded in slavery and indentured workers from Europe, been to increase the supply of labor and drive down its cost.

In the 1980s, for example, the increasing supply of labor (both from Reagan-allowed consolidations eliminating redundant jobs, and from illegal immigration, which was around 3 million illegals by the time Reagan left office) fed massive union-busting in industry sectors from those directly hit with illegal immigrant labor (like construction and agriculture) to those who only felt its fallout but nonetheless were pressed (like coal mining). In part, because of these national downward pressures on organized labor, the miners who died in the International Coal Group's Sago Mine didn't have union protection.

"Union free" is good for the CEOs and stockholders of giant corporations. Reagan helped make it possible by reducing enforcement of the Sherman Anti-Trust and similar acts, by making the Labor Department hostile to labor, and by thus producing an environment into which illegal immigrant labor could step. He busted PATCO and popularized anti-union rhetoric, at a time when union membership was one of the primary boundaries that keep illegal labor out of the marketplace.

Today, this fundamental economic rule of labor supply and demand is most conspicuous in the conservative reluctance to stop illegal immigration into the United States. All those extra (illegal) workers, after all, drive up the supply - and thus drive down the cost - of labor. Even in areas where there are not high populations of illegal immigrants, their presence elsewhere in the American workforce drives down overall the cost of labor nationwide. And when the cost of labor goes down, there's more money left over for CEOs and stockholder dividends.

Illegal Workers: the Con's Secret Weapon

more tolerance & acceptance from our friends on the left...

is this a surprise to anyone?

rioting, destruction & violence towards their fellow citizens - par for the course for far too many leftists - boy howdy, that sure will teach Trump a lesson - eh?

or is the goal to intimidate people & prevent them from participating in the political process - and you fucktards call us Nazis...

WASHINGTON – Inauguration Day protests turned violent late Friday morning, as spectators reported being attacked and a police official said demonstrators were vandalizing property and even torched a car.

The police official confirmed protesters “have crow bars and are vandalizing,” after demonstrators were seen smashing windows downtown, including at a local McDonald's.

People are outraged that Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by the most ever 3 million, and Trump won by a measly accumulate 170K votes out of several battle ground states and became President. To get that, Trump had Russian and FBI director James Comey's assistance, making them even more outraged. They know the goal posts were moved on Hillary Clinton's side of the field.

I really don't know what you expected by electing him? He won by insulting, offending and even threatening large voting blocks in this country. He will not be able to unite this country.

I imagine FOX News will keep it heated up here for the next several months, it gives them something to report.
Go cry yourself to sleep ya fucking 2 year old

Coming from a Comrade Trump supporter I would expect a Lil Einstein comment like that.

But everything I said is the truth, & you know it. You just cannot stand the thought of admitting your own ignorance. That you actually voted for a man that was fully supported by Vladimir Putin, who to help out, did a cyber attack on the United States, flooded social media outlets with FAKE news in order to get Comrade Trump elected.

Well it's coming out and this will be your life for the next 4 years. The Senate has already formed an investigative committee regarding Trump's connections with Russia. And the DOJ has announced an investigation into Comey's actions.

If Republicans can do 8 separate investigations into Benghazi and endless discussions over emails, you can multiply that by 10 as to what is coming your way.
Senate Committee May Use Subpoenas in Russian Hacking Investigation
DOJ to Investigate James Comey and the FBI
OP didn't have to slander all the left by holding us all responsible for the actions of a few nasty anarchists. But not everyone is as stupid as the ultra partisans who post here, either. We have to give the Republicans a chance, Oreo. They've got the reins, Trump is President and they will try to fix some stuff that's been broke a long time. There is stuff that's broke. The Dems couldn't fix it. Hold on and give them a chance. We can disagree, but let's at least listen and maybe give it a try?
The left is committing this mob violence time and time again, and I NEVER see the moderate lefties condemn it, so now all democrats own this problem.

[
WHY can't we help?

Burning cars and assaulting people isn't "helping."

And don't say they won't let us. They need 60 votes to replace most of Obamacare legislation with something better. A lot of things will need 60 votes and immigration reform and investing in our inner cities and ... the list goes on and on. They need our reasonableness. It doesn't have to be just theirs. Or ours.

It does not appear that you of the Khmer Rouge can be reasoned with.

It's not "America--Love It or Leave It." It's "America--Love It or Change It." That's why we have the Constitution. All of us get to play.

Sadly, violence is the only tool in the belt of the left.
That and truth. We didn't have to get violen to win in 2006 or 2008. We simply had to let Republicans be themselves.

in industries where union density is high, even non-union firms pay their workers more to meet the standards set by unions.

That and truth.

The next time you tell the truth will be the first time, Silly Bonobo.

We didn't have to get violen to win in 2006 or 2008. We simply had to let Republicans be themselves.

You get violent when you lose. You did in 2000, you are now.

You are thugs and animals who cannot behave in a civil society.

in industries where union density is high, even non-union firms pay their workers more to meet the standards set by unions.

Non sequitur.

It's not "America--Love It or Leave It." It's "America--Love It or Change It." That's why we have the Constitution. All of us get to play.

That and truth. We didn't have to get violen to win in 2006 or 2008. We simply had to let Republicans be themselves.

It's almost like you are unaware of the changing demographics of the Democratic Party over the last 8 years.

Wages may not go up...but jobs will! Progressives are so stupid - they trade low-wage jobs for no-wage jobs. Talk about "wages going down". Minimum wage is a LOT more than $0.00 per hour sweetie.
they will go up automatically, no more union dues, half their check will now go to their families.

so an instant 2% raise.

And then no raises for the next 30 years. No collective bargaining? I can't wait for the GOP to break the unions.

Donald Trump got Reagan-like support from union households
Reagan broke the union and nothing bad happened there! Seems there is precedence.

OMG I can't believe you said that.

Encouraging a rapid increase in the workforce by encouraging companies to hire non-citizens is one of the three most potent tools conservatives since Ronald Reagan have used to convert the American middle class into the American working poor. The other two are destroying the governmental protections that keep labor unions viable, and ending tariffs while promoting trade deals like NAFTA/WTO/GATT that export manufacturing jobs.

Reclaiming the Issues: "It's an Illegal Employer Problem"

Thom is a liberal who wrote this in 2006. This is why I think it's crazy that Trump hijacked the NAFTA thing and someone Republicans get a pass on inventing NAFTA.

rioting, destruction & violence towards their fellow citizens - par for the course for far too many leftists - boy howdy, that sure will teach Trump a lesson - eh?

or is the goal to intimidate people & prevent them from participating in the political process - and you fucktards call us Nazis...

WASHINGTON – Inauguration Day protests turned violent late Friday morning, as spectators reported being attacked and a police official said demonstrators were vandalizing property and even torched a car.

The police official confirmed protesters “have crow bars and are vandalizing,” after demonstrators were seen smashing windows downtown, including at a local McDonald's.

People are outraged that Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by the most ever 3 million, and Trump won by a measly accumulate 170K votes out of several battle ground states and became President. To get that, Trump had Russian and FBI director James Comey's assistance, making them even more outraged. They know the goal posts were moved on Hillary Clinton's side of the field.

I really don't know what you expected by electing him? He won by insulting, offending and even threatening large voting blocks in this country. He will not be able to unite this country.

I imagine FOX News will keep it heated up here for the next several months, it gives them something to report.

Coming from a Comrade Trump supporter I would expect a Lil Einstein comment like that.

But everything I said is the truth, & you know it. You just cannot stand the thought of admitting your own ignorance. That you actually voted for a man that was fully supported by Vladimir Putin, who to help out, did a cyber attack on the United States, flooded social media outlets with FAKE news in order to get Comrade Trump elected.

Well it's coming out and this will be your life for the next 4 years. The Senate has already formed an investigative committee regarding Trump's connections with Russia. And the DOJ has announced an investigation into Comey's actions.

If Republicans can do 8 separate investigations into Benghazi and endless discussions over emails, you can multiply that by 10 as to what is coming your way.
You really think the republicans will thoroughly investigate their own? How many investigations were there for 9/11? If they do anything at all it will be superficial and nothing will ever come of it.

It's almost like you are unaware of the changing demographics of the Democratic Party over the last 8 years.

It's almost like you want to ignore the GOP's history with labor and wages. And just because Trump said he's anti NAFTA doesn't mean the GOP are. But did you even ask your representative how he/she feels about NAFTA? No you did not.

Non-citizens didn't have access to the non-agricultural US job market, in large part because of the power of US labor unions (before Reagan 25% of the workforce was unionized; today the private workforce is about 7% unionized),

Enough talk. So far Trump is 2000 jobs in the hole on day one.

GM announces first layoffs in six years, cuts 2,000 jobs

So somewhere in the neighborhood of 4% of your take home pay. Nice raise.

Why don't you explain your math.
Gross pay: 1,000
Taxes: 300
Take home pay: 700
Union dues: 20
Union dues as a percentage of take home pay: 2.9%

Any other simple math I can do for you?

Yea but don't forget you cons think they are overpaid union workers. Don't act like you give a fuck if their pay goes up.

A union wage premium refers to the degree in which union wages exceed non-union member wages. Union wage premiums are one of the most researched and analyzed issues in economics especially in labor economics. Unions and their struggle for wages and better benefits usually target larger firms that have a concentrated industry. Unions have an effect on wages, the probability of gaining benefits, productivity of the worker, and workplace protections.

Union wage premiums show the direct benefits of being a member of a union. Although the union wage premiums have fallen for private sector, it has raised for the public sector in the U.S.[6] Union wage premiums also usually raise the wages of low-skilled workers more than those of high-skilled workers.[3] Thus these low skilled workers usually have less education, lower wages, and in lower paid jobs.[3] This mainly is the result of unions historically representing the working and lower classes. Most economist and labor studies on union wage premiums estimate a difference of about 15%

So union workers make 15% more than non union workers. Keep your fucking 2/9% you stupid bitch.
and they still pay dues to a good for nothing outfit called unions.

I'll pay 3% of my wages if it means I make 15% more than everyone else.

What the violent protesters don't understand is they are largely the reason Trump is our president today. They are acting like uneducated fools.

So somewhere in the neighborhood of 4% of your take home pay. Nice raise.

Why don't you explain your math.
Gross pay: 1,000
Taxes: 300
Take home pay: 700
Union dues: 20
Union dues as a percentage of take home pay: 2.9%

Any other simple math I can do for you?

Yea but don't forget you cons think they are overpaid union workers. Don't act like you give a fuck if their pay goes up.

A union wage premium refers to the degree in which union wages exceed non-union member wages. Union wage premiums are one of the most researched and analyzed issues in economics especially in labor economics. Unions and their struggle for wages and better benefits usually target larger firms that have a concentrated industry. Unions have an effect on wages, the probability of gaining benefits, productivity of the worker, and workplace protections.

Union wage premiums show the direct benefits of being a member of a union. Although the union wage premiums have fallen for private sector, it has raised for the public sector in the U.S.[6] Union wage premiums also usually raise the wages of low-skilled workers more than those of high-skilled workers.[3] Thus these low skilled workers usually have less education, lower wages, and in lower paid jobs.[3] This mainly is the result of unions historically representing the working and lower classes. Most economist and labor studies on union wage premiums estimate a difference of about 15%

So union workers make 15% more than non union workers. Keep your fucking 2/9% you stupid bitch.
and they still pay dues to a good for nothing outfit called unions.

I'll pay 3% of my wages if it means I make 15% more than everyone else.
but you don't, and that's what is sad. there are no statistics to show that difference. At least none you've posted.

OP didn't have to slander all the left by holding us all responsible for the actions of a few nasty anarchists. But not everyone is as stupid as the ultra partisans who post here, either. We have to give the Republicans a chance, Oreo. They've got the reins, Trump is President and they will try to fix some stuff that's been broke a long time. There is stuff that's broke. The Dems couldn't fix it. Hold on and give them a chance. We can disagree, but let's at least listen and maybe give it a try?
The left is committing this mob violence time and time again, and I NEVER see the moderate lefties condemn it, so now all democrats own this problem.

What in the hell did you expect? Did you expect more than half the population of this country just to roll over and play dead, after being insulted, offended, & threatened? To welcome Comrade Trump in with open arms.

What you're watching is the difference between Trump & G.W. Bush who found himself in the same position. Bush losing the popular vote by 500K but winning the electoral college vote. He didn't divide by color or origin. He didn't insult, offend or threaten. He respected everyone, so even though Democrats were disappointed that they lost-- they accepted him as their President because he treated everyone equally with dignity and respect.

You gave them someone they can actually hate, Donald Trump.

Last edited:

It's almost like you want to ignore the GOP's history with labor and wages. And just because Trump said he's anti NAFTA doesn't mean the GOP are. But did you even ask your representative how he/she feels about NAFTA? No you did not.

Non-citizens didn't have access to the non-agricultural US job market, in large part because of the power of US labor unions (before Reagan 25% of the workforce was unionized; today the private workforce is about 7% unionized),

Enough talk. So far Trump is 2000 jobs in the hole on day one.

Ignore it why would I want to do that? You tell me their history of labor and wages? That it should be market driven? You want government to set it?

Forum List

Back