Incompetent United Air Lines Physically Drags Passenger Off Plane For Their (Airline) Mistake

I have a feeling the luggage would end up at the destination on the first plane, and you would catch up to it later.
I saw there is a place in Alabama where lost luggage - with everything in it - is sold by the airlines to other people. After being exposed on national TV dragging this guy off their jet, facing a backlash and law suit, how many people think this guy's luggage is already on the way to Alabama? :p

The airline offered $400 and then $800 for volunteers. This is for volunteering for a flight that leaves 3PM the NEXT DAY

[...]
If $800 wasn't sufficient inducement they could have gone to $1,000, then $1,200, and so on until someone finally accepted. Instead they chose brute force.

I hope they are hit with a $1,000,000 punitive award.

Has anyone asked;

Was the guy drug out of the plane one of a random selection of passengers? Or a targeted selection?

At first, it was reported it was random, done by computer. Later, it was reported it was basically eeny, meeny, miny, mo.

But ask Divine.Wind cuz, he says he knows everything and needs the money.

What if it was a DHS rendition? Has anyone talked to the guy yet?
I'm certain we'll hear all the versions over the next week.

Right now there are a lot of investigations going on by various private and public organizations. Give'em a week.

The airline offered $400 and then $800 for volunteers. This is for volunteering for a flight that leaves 3PM the NEXT DAY

[...]
If $800 wasn't sufficient inducement they could have gone to $1,000, then $1,200, and so on until someone finally accepted. Instead they chose brute force.

For what? United, or their subcontractor Republic, did nothing wrong.

[...]

That is where United "policy" came into play. The United CEO praised his employees for following the rules. It is the inflexibility of those rules that led to the embarrassing incident. Rules said you have to find room for United employees. Rules say you can only offer so much compensation. Rules say if nobody volunteers, you are to start bumping passengers at will. Rules say if a passenger refuses to leave you have the cops physically remove them

A comedy of errors

Has anyone asked;

Was the guy drug out of the plane one of a random selection of passengers? Or a targeted selection?

At first, it was reported it was random, done by computer. Later, it was reported it was basically eeny, meeny, miny, mo.

Like I said, ask Divine.Wind - He says he knows everything.

Or, if its important to you, there's always Google. Just be aware that the news stories are all wrong and Divine.Wind is right.

:)

Finally you come clean and honest! Yes, just like a business owner with a belligerent, raging customer, the airline notified the Chicago police.

Now, if you had reported Rodney King for drunk driving, does this make you responsible for the actions of the LAPD?
What do you mean "come clean"? Up to now, you've been playing bullshit word games.
Interesting that you admit dishonesty. Still, the facts are clear. At the last minute, the airline needed to make room on a full flight for four crewmembers to work another flight in the morning. They offered travel vouchers to people and when that failed, asked passengers to give up their seats, even though they'ed be given the vouchers and/or check. Dao refused to leave. The airline called the police, When Dao refused to obey the police, they forced off non-compliant passenger. The rest is history.

You falsely claimed on several posts that it was the airline that forced him off. It wasn't. It was the Chicago police.

Has anyone asked;

Or, if its important to you, there's always Google. Just be aware that the news stories are all wrong and Divine.Wind is right.

It probably would not be a suprise if both Google and Divine were wrong at the same time.

Although, Divine has yet to do an IPO.

Finally you come clean and honest! Yes, just like a business owner with a belligerent, raging customer, the airline notified the Chicago police.

Now, if you had reported Rodney King for drunk driving, does this make you responsible for the actions of the LAPD?
What do you mean "come clean"? Up to now, you've been playing bullshit word games.
Interesting that you admit dishonesty. Still, the facts are clear. At the last minute, the airline needed to make room on a full flight for four crewmembers to work another flight in the morning. They offered travel vouchers to people and when that failed, asked passengers to give up their seats, even though they'ed be given the vouchers and/or check. Dao refused to leave. The airline called the police, When Dao refused to obey the police, they forced off non-compliant passenger. The rest is history.

You falsely claimed on several posts that it was the airline that forced him off. It wasn't. It was the Chicago police.
:banghead:

A lie since I never claimed that, but after spanking your ass all across this thread, I can understand why you are so butthurt. No, I don't know everything. However, I do know a lot about this particular topic.

Yes, I highly recommend everyone use Google to verify sources and double check references. I've included links to the FAA, United's Contract of Carriage and other sources to back up my statements. Your choice to ignore them and just pull opinions out of your ass.

Has anyone asked;

It probably would not be a suprise if both Google and Divine were wrong at the same time.

I'm not a business guy much less done an IPO.

Just from a brand name perspective...a company called 'Divine' could clobber a 'Google' in the infospace market. Divine has an element of hope. Google has an element of silly triviality.

Has anyone asked;

Relax. Google is toast.

Just from a brand name perspective...a company called 'Divine' could clobber a 'Google' in the infospace market. Divine has an element of hope. Google has an element of silly triviality.
I've got my own brand name and t-shirts. ;)

20ua7o0.jpg

Relax. Google is toast.
I was talking about United, not Google. Disagreed on Google. They'll be around for awhile.

United Airlines is taking a savage beating over this.

How apropos.
Awesome. Maybe they'll go bankrupt like Pepsi for that Kendall Jenner commercial.

LOL They won't and neither will Pepsi. Why would anyone wish for normal American companies to go out of business? They made a mistake and are paying for it and will likely change their policy.

This is what protesting is all about and why progressives use it as an effective tool.

Forum List

Back