Incompetent United Air Lines Physically Drags Passenger Off Plane For Their (Airline) Mistake

They should make it standard procedure to keep doctors on flights in any circumstance. People will be very grateful when a medical emergency arises.
So we should have a class system where some people are more important than others? Should a private pilot be bumped before or after a fireman? Obviously fucking lawyers should be the first to be thrown off a flight.....preferably just after takeoff. :D

[
Again, you assume to much. You are making an emotional appeal, not a logical one. I've simply posted about the law. Feel free to quote where I support it or not.

In fact, I've posted several times that the situation could have been handled better; namely by deplaning the entire aircraft then embarking only authorized passengers.

What you seem to overlook is that Dr. Dao ran back onto the airplane. If you are really a doctor, what is your assessment of his behavior? Do you know the Federal law about air transportation of unruly passengers?

Of course I'm not a doctor, much like it is unlikely you are a Divine Wind, unless you have been eating beans...;o) I'm looking at the bigger picture. The law, who instigated it and why...it is dumb law...
I was given the nickname Divine Wind when I transferred from the Marine Corps to the Navy due to my Spartan attitude of "Come home with your shield or upon it". Some liked the attitude, some did not. Overall, command liked it.

Change the law. Any business will defer to the cheapest, most profitable alternative. Want to force airlines to not bump one passenger in order to prevent 70+ passengers from having their flight cancelled? Fine. Do it. You can't fine an airline for cancelling a flight due to Force Majeure.

The airline offered $400 and then $800 for volunteers. This is for volunteering for a flight that leaves 3PM the NEXT DAY

[...]
If $800 wasn't sufficient inducement they could have gone to $1,000, then $1,200, and so on until someone finally accepted. Instead they chose brute force.

I hope they are hit with a $1,000,000 punitive award.
For what? United, or their subcontractor Republic, did nothing wrong.
So in your opinion what we saw in the video is perfectly okay?
No. It could have been handled better as I've stated repeatedly before.

1) Deplane the entire aircraft. If the lawbreaker refuses to leave, at least there'd be less witnesses. :D

2) Cancel the flight. Take 70 passengers paying $300 for a ticket = $21,000. Losing the next morning's flight brings that up to a total of $42,000. Why risk a multi-million dollar lawsuit over $42K?

Finally you come clean and honest! Yes, just like a business owner with a belligerent, raging customer, the airline notified the Chicago police.

Now, if you had reported Rodney King for drunk driving, does this make you responsible for the actions of the LAPD?
What do you mean "come clean"? Up to now, you've been playing bullshit word games.
Interesting that you admit dishonesty. Still, the facts are clear. At the last minute, the airline needed to make room on a full flight for four crewmembers to work another flight in the morning. They offered travel vouchers to people and when that failed, asked passengers to give up their seats, even though they'ed be given the vouchers and/or check. Dao refused to leave. The airline called the police, When Dao refused to obey the police, they forced off non-compliant passenger. The rest is history.

You falsely claimed on several posts that it was the airline that forced him off. It wasn't. It was the Chicago police.
Who called the police goon squad?

If there were an Amazon.com alternative to airlines, United would be delisted and bankrupt
Bankrupt them. Force them out of business. Buy stock in Greyhound and AmTrak.

They're bankrupting themselves with their "fuck my customers" attitude
We'll see. If you travel by air, get used to more cancellations due to airlines protecting themselves from liability.

I'm guessing most of the "experts" posting on this thread only travel once a year to Grandma's house or a vacation in Florida.

If there were an Amazon.com alternative to airlines, United would be delisted and bankrupt

We'll see. If you travel by air, get used to more cancellations due to airlines protecting themselves from liability.

I'm guessing most of the "experts" posting on this thread only travel once a year to Grandma's house or a vacation in Florida.

Not a chance. Not a fucking chance. The airlines will probably never relocate a passenger again

Finally you come clean and honest! Yes, just like a business owner with a belligerent, raging customer, the airline notified the Chicago police.

Now, if you had reported Rodney King for drunk driving, does this make you responsible for the actions of the LAPD?
What do you mean "come clean"? Up to now, you've been playing bullshit word games.
Interesting that you admit dishonesty. Still, the facts are clear. At the last minute, the airline needed to make room on a full flight for four crewmembers to work another flight in the morning. They offered travel vouchers to people and when that failed, asked passengers to give up their seats, even though they'ed be given the vouchers and/or check. Dao refused to leave. The airline called the police, When Dao refused to obey the police, they forced off non-compliant passenger. The rest is history.

You falsely claimed on several posts that it was the airline that forced him off. It wasn't. It was the Chicago police.
United Airlines. You know, just like you would if someone broke the law in your business or trespassed on your property.

Careful here, Mike, you'll start to look like a LIBERAL! LOL

Not a chance. Not a fucking chance. The airlines will probably never relocate a passenger again
$25 Gold USMB membership bet I'm right and you are wrong?

Luddly Neddite feel free to troll here since that's your thing. ;)

United Airlines. You know, just like you would if someone broke the law in your business or trespassed on your property.

A customer with a paid ticket and boarding pass was trespassing?

Like I said, ask Divine.Wind - He says he knows everything.

Or, if its important to you, there's always Google. Just be aware that the news stories are all wrong and Divine.Wind is right.

:)
A lie since I never claimed that, but after spanking your ass all across this thread, I can understand why you are so butthurt. No, I don't know everything. However, I do know a lot about this particular topic.

Yes, I highly recommend everyone use Google to verify sources and double check references. I've included links to the FAA, United's Contract of Carriage and other sources to back up my statements. Your choice to ignore them and just pull opinions out of your ass.
Luddly Neddite, still waiting dude. Take your time. No rush.

They should make it standard procedure to keep doctors on flights in any circumstance. People will be very grateful when a medical emergency arises.
So we should have a class system where some people are more important than others? Should a private pilot be bumped before or after a fireman? Obviously fucking lawyers should be the first to be thrown off a flight.....preferably just after takeoff. :D

They can make a few exceptions like they would for someone who is very famous.

A customer with a paid ticket and boarding pass was trespassing?
Yes. Check the law. Are you asserting he had a "right" to that seat even though he agreed to the carriage contract?

IMO, it's a matter of profit; the most bang for the buck.

Want to take down United Airlines? Go for it. Force them to never, ever bump a passenger for aircrew again. Ever.

Now think about that the next time your flight is cancelled for lack of aircrew.

Want to take down United Airlines? Go for it. Force them to never, ever bump a passenger for aircrew again. Ever.

Now think about that the next time your flight is cancelled for lack of aircrew.

Or they could put stunning devices on all their seats to make passenger removal easier.

Great! They'll just cancel the next day's flight. Happy now?

Or they could put stunning devices on all their seats to make passenger removal easier.
LOL. Cancelling the flight is cheaper.

You and I do not think alike so you have no way of anticipating what I would do under any circumstances.

I would prefer looking like a Liberal than an authoritarian nitwit.

Forum List

Back